• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I'm not sure I understand why Udyr is considered Up right now. I suppose I don't play many people who know how to counter him. I wreck kids with him every single game I play him.
Just wait til you play against good people with him. You'll understand. Trust me.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Toe-to-toe? I don't even try that, as Nid he can chase me down through the jungle because of Parley.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I really think the issue is the damage stacking on it. Like, their thought process went along the lines of, "hey, GP has problems cuz no CC, let's give him slow so he can do stuff!" But the problem is that he has perma CC along with a perma steroid that makes him impossible to stand toe to toe with. @_@ if you tone the free damage output he gets down and shift around some of his base stats and stat growth, he'd be a fair character, but as is, his stats are incredibly frontloaded towards the early levels and meanwhile he has unbelievably good double steroid from passive + Raise Morale.
It's even be fine with the damage as long as the damage didn't stack.

I'm not sure I understand why Udyr is considered Up right now. I suppose I don't play many people who know how to counter him. I wreck kids with him every single game I play him.
try to chase ashe, for example

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
so is dota 2 in beta yet?
It's been in closed beta since at least November 18th from the leaked change logs that have gotten around. Valve is supposed to be at Gamescon in a month or two showing something off, I'm hoping its DotA.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Combination of Tanky DPS getting the **** over time, and people kiting/packing exhaust more. A lot of his core or common items have been shafted too.

Banshee has been nerfed over and over. Sunfire cape too. Randuins got nerfed, Locket is completely gone, Visage has been nerfed quite a bit til now, etc. Only stuff that's stayed the same is FoN and Trinity basically. Meanwhile DPS items like BF Sword got cheaper.

He has no initiate or escape, and he's Melee. Easy target for kiting. He also has no CC reduction or useful free stats a lot of common tanky DPS get. Besides dance stacks, his buffs are stance specific. Where as Irelia/Trundle/Jarvan/etc don't care.

Compared to those in his class, he looks a bit UP. Overall he's not in a bad place, they've just made champs like Irelia and Jarvan better enough to the degree that you're not really thinking about using Udyr. Now if Bear stance got some CC reduction, then hell yeah he would have the potential to be on par with them, but he just can't atm.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
His big problem is really just the kiting. With almost every character in the game packing a slow, stun, or blink, it's hard for him to run up to someone and melt them like he very well could.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Alright, gonna try out both Gangplank and Kayle soon. Tips for either would be nice.

Gangplank
-Was there ever a consensus on which Tankplank build was better? I remember seeing 1) Manamune/Frozen Heart/Banshee's (or something like that) and 2) Force of Atmog's and 3) Something with Triforce. Which of these should I try out? Also, should I duo, solo, or jungle?

Kayle
-I hear that she has to farm a lot in order to reach her potential. Does this mean I should try to avoid conlicts during early/mid-game?

Abel1994

Smash Lord
I started using kayle and own
I love aving my partners with heal or ult xD
Her range is redicalas i hit people n ks by accident lol

Udyr or Renekton

HELP ME CHOOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Limeee

Smash Champion
gp is so good now, holy ****. that stack does so much damage >.>

i went force of atmogs, 21/0/9, and proceded to go 14-5-19

doesn't sound like that much cuz of nids stealing all my kills :(
but gp with a support bot just farms like a boss and is generally amazing
:009:

S l o X

Smash Champion
I still want to play Renekton and am wondering if Black Cleaver still does whatever it did with his whatever it was move.

aka is Renekton still viable?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Been playing lanewick, omggg is he fun.

Dorans ring X2
Sorc shoes
Spirit Visage
Sunfire Cape
Wits End
Madred Bloodrazer
Guardian angel/thornmail/frozen heart etc

This a good build? Also, it feels like sorc shoes become pointless late game when I sell my dorans rings, should I switch boots to merc/beserker?

Abel1994

Smash Lord
haha usin kayle a lot and made my own build for her cuz its so fun :D

Guinsoo's Ragblade >Nashor's Tooth > Boots of Swiftness or Boots that make cooldown less > Ranuins Omen > Force of Nature > Trinity force.

3 attack items and the other too helped my defense a lot plus i notice since it gives health and mp regain i barely have to use heal on myself and focus more on allies. Also very fast speed too :D

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
The sorc shoes will still be making you do a little more damage, even if it's considerably more negligible than during early game. If you're getting CCed too much to heal with your Hungering Strikes, then sell for mercs (or pick up one of the Tenacity items).

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
So just so ya'll know... feeding Xin Zhao is a bad idea. In case you were wondering.

john!

Smash Hero
I was on a roll tonight.
I didn't do anything amazing, but I think I'm starting to better understand my rolls and items. It's pretty cool.
what you did there..... i see it.....

If he weren't doing a free 20-105 damage/hit, he would not be broken. The slow is strong, the damage is unreasonably strong, both together are completely OP for a passive.

GP has the problem that Riot likes to refer to as "too many stats for free." He doesn't necessarily have a giant mechanics problem, he just has overwhelmingly powerful numbers that make him crazy strong.
this problem is really easy to nerf... just fixing the numbers... brb, buying pirate in the hope that he doesn't get hotfixed...

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I really hate how bad other players are in ranked. It's actually really starting to get on my nerves. I've gotten Nidalee down to a science now, to the point where I can even 2v1 effectively; I typically take a few kills and their tower, too, but then my team feeds elsewhere and no matter how much I roam, cover, counterpush, counterjungle, whatever, I can't make up for the rest of my team. I can't be two or three people.

Of course, when I can duoqueue I always win. I wish my duo could queue on weekends. ;_;

MacD

Banned via Administration
so today i was mad cause i swear i threw traps on wards with nid, then vanz reminded me of the patch :(

sad days, probably for the better but still sad days

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
so today i was mad cause i swear i threw traps on wards with nid, then vanz reminded me of the patch :(

sad days, probably for the better but still sad days
I hadn't even thought about that. That's ********. I'll give Riot a pass because of DH, but this without a doubt has to be fixed.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Being the only character with that particular ability makes her extremely obnoxious. When other champs could do it it made a bit more sense, but removing that ability for every other character but one?

Not that it wasn't annoying to begin with; remember how hard she was to gank before? Well GG your 75 gold goes down the drain if she suspects you warded anything anywhere... or she HAPPENS to trap your ward spot. Fun times.

Kind of like the random vision-granting spells for certain champs. I've wanted Singed's goo to give brush vision for so long :(

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yo, gg Melee people. Was fun. Dunno when tomorrow, but yeah everyone down to play probably.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings

sometimes i think i should just kill myself

also eve has a 0.4 win loss ratio in games since last patch. so please stop playing her because trolling isnt funny. i mean i can go rally clarity mundo but i dont think its fun

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Vs Akali, Vayne, and Anivia as your team? Makes sense tbh, your team could only win by splitpushing.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Went legendary last night with JunglePlank. ArPen Quints, AS reds, armor yellows, mr/lvl blues (which saved me repeatedly against Karthus ult). 1/19/10 Masteries with Ghost/Smite. Start cloth armor/pots, build Wriggles/Boots1 and then go Triforce, boots2 and then situational defensive items, finishing with Black Cleaver for more AD/AS. I think Ghost over Flash because it helps me escape ganks more effectively in combination with my fruit and stick to people I'm slowing with my auto-attacks. I literally escaped multiple 4-5 man gank attempts because I warded for myself, shrugged off their CC with remove scurvy and then blew Ghost to run away. Meanwhile their CC is blown on me and my teammates could come dong on them for free. I miss denying, but I'm OK with new GP!

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
new GP is legit.

I'm having one of those days where literally every player on my team every single game is an idiot. there is no escape from this nightmare. I should quit playing this game.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Go play some Spongebob Boatocross, you probably won't be as mad at league after that.

Top Bottom