• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Why does pirate seem so hard to handle in this game right now?
Because he is.
With his self-cleanse, passive/active movespeed buff and stacking slow, he can pretty much be garunteed to be the fastest thing in his lane. If you can't chase him or run away from him, he's GOING to perform well. I must say, though, pirate's needed some love for a while.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
How is he critting you for 450? That's gotta be exaggerated.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Crying myself to sleep DMG.

I just remember something along the lines of going 'wtf' in terms of damage:

1. Crit for 350: WTF?
2. Crit for 450 like a level or two later: WTF WTF WTF?
3. Comes back with bf sword, crits for 530: WTF WTF WTF?

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
So udyr is good now? I was thinking about learning him.

Bear stance too good.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Udyr was good before the patch. Now he's still good.

He's not great like other champs you see played more often in ranked, mostly due to his kiteable weakness, but he's still fun to play. Now he can jungle faster (3:30 time with all AS runes) with less mana consumption.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I really love Pirate being a strong pick.
Like REALLY love it. Flavor-wise he's one of my favorite champs.

I'm still not sure about Jungleplank, but solo lane Tankplank is an amazing build.
My only issue with Jungleplank is that I find it hard to see him being a better pick over junglers like Nunu, Trundle, Lee Sin and the like. His ganks aren't crazy strong because all he has is slows, and other junglers in that same position have more to offer in the jungle itself.

In lane though he's just really tough to gank or even force him out of lane prematurely. He comes out of most trades on top when he can get a few stacks of Grog Soaked Blade on you too. Pretty easy to get somebody with a Q+auto attack+Q unless they are playing super passively.
He has global presence with his ult, an endless stream of stacking slows, and a mini Shurelya's+free pickaxes for his entire team. So he isn't lacking in utility for the rest of his team either.
His teamwide steroid is crazy good already, but the fact that he gets double the effect is bonkers especially when his passive is already a strong steroid adding 63 damage per stack at level 18.

Also, I'm wondering what is a better Tankplank build.
Right now I've been going a Manamune build with Frozen Heart, Banshee's Veil, and Triforce as the other core items. How do you guys think this stacks up to an Atmogs build?
I really like having an infinite mana pool, plus with Strength of Spirit I get crazy health regen which means I never have to stop lategame short of dying. Frozen Heart has been great with shutting down AD carries, and Bveil+Remove Scurvy is a dirty dirty combo to have. I'm still at over 2500 health, plus an ~400 heal from W if needed.
The way I see it, you need to be stacking multiple Warmogs to be getting the same damage from Atma's as you get from a tanky Manamune build so I feel like its more efficient at what it does.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
udyr has always been a fast, safe jungler.... but he was really really super reliant on blue before this last patch.

Also, phoenix has always been his fastest jungle-clearing stance and now it's just faster and scales better into late game.

he still has a massive problem with bear stance though . . . it's kinda a 1 point wonder because the extra speed from it just isn't enough of a gap closer to stop him from being kited . . . maybe if bear became his ultimate somehow and it let him ignore slowing effects like Yi.... that is really what he'd need at this point.

Still, if the other team can't kite you for some reason, you're unstopable.... or if udyr could buy locker again lol.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Haha no, bear stance too good cause it makes him a bear.

I'm nowhere near playing ranked yet, so I think I'll be ok with udyr for now at least.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
udyr has always been a fast, safe jungler.... but he was really really super reliant on blue before this last patch.

Also, phoenix has always been his fastest jungle-clearing stance and now it's just faster and scales better into late game.

he still has a massive problem with bear stance though . . . it's kinda a 1 point wonder because the extra speed from it just isn't enough of a gap closer to stop him from being kited . . . maybe if bear became his ultimate somehow and it let him ignore slowing effects like Yi.... that is really what he'd need at this point.

Still, if the other team can't kite you for some reason, you're unstopable.... or if udyr could buy locker again lol.
Extra rank in bear stance also increases the duration of the boost though. While kiting sucks, it's much harder to get past it when your speed boost is a second or so instead of 2+.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Extra rank in bear stance also increases the duration of the boost though. While kiting sucks, it's much harder to get past it when your speed boost is a second or so instead of 2+.
true as that may be, there is still no real reason not to make bear your lowly "3 point stance" . . . unlss, I guess, you're running a 4-4-5-5 instead of a 3-5-5-5

john!

Smash Hero
so what is considered the best gp build right now? ie, ghostblade, phantom dancer, manamune, triforce...?

i would go with something like ie, pd, berserker's greaves, ghostblade, qss, bloodthirster.

i think quicksilver sash might be the best item in the game right now. i'm really surprised that they buffed it.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Triforce for sure...... sheen hurts bad and the other two items help lock down the whole "gangplank is faster than you" thing

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Those builds are wayyyy too heavy in DPS and not enough in defense. Having QSS as your defensive item when you already have a self cleanse seems a bit much. I'd probably get a Banshee instead, or force of nature if my build has more HP in it.

I'd build him tanky with damage crit lifesteal AS thrown in. If you can get solo lane and a LOT of farm, Atmogs to whatever could probably work. On a more realistic scale if you aren't sure about getting that much farm, rush Trinity or IE and get whatever you need at that point. Tankiness or more damage/scaling.

Super ideal build prob: Warmog Atmas Boots IE PD Defensive item like Banshee or FoN OR Last Whisper

Toned down: IE boots PD Bloodthirster Randuins/GA Banshee/FoN

Mixed: Boots Trinity Randuins/Banshee PD Bloodthirster IE/Cleaver/LW (but probably IE somewhere)

Basically, Damage Crit AS Lifesteal Tanky.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I question whether he'd be better with leviathin than warmogs due to the cost of warmogs... but yeah atma's seems like a "duh" to me.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Well Leviathan is a stack item. If you want to roll the dice on that, you can. But the safer route would definitely be rushing warmog if you wanted HP.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
i dunno, only time I got to play him I went legendary with zerkers, wriggles and triforce out of the jungle. he's just stupid OP atm, though I would recommend a final build more along the lines of force of atmog's + triforce and cap it with a PD or bloodthirster or something. I dunno, IE just feels excessive with the amount of free damage output he has, thought I guess some = good, more = better...

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Well Leviathan is a stack item. If you want to roll the dice on that, you can. But the safer route would definitely be rushing warmog if you wanted HP.
true.... put if you play gankplank you should at least be getting assists.... and he IS hard to kill.

Also, how's the new Spirit visage look on him? he's got a self heal and you wouldn't go wrong to put some lifesteal on him.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
i dunno, only time I got to play him I went legendary with zerkers, wriggles and triforce out of the jungle. he's just stupid OP atm, though I would recommend a final build more along the lines of force of atmog's + triforce and cap it with a PD or bloodthirster or something. I dunno, IE just feels excessive with the amount of free damage output he has, thought I guess some = good, more = better...
Well it's more of how well it scales with him. Getting free damage through parrley that you can also crit with gives you stronger than usual incentive to build IE. It's also the most solid pure AD damage he can get besides stacking BF swords or keeping bloodthirster at higher stacks. Lategame, IE obviously the way to go since the scaling you will have with that + full gear is higher than Trinity and full gear (unless you have both Trinity and IE, which probably wouldn't work out.)

However, for earlier stages in the game, you could definitely make the argument for Trinity Force as a more reliable means of damage output especially burst wise. It also gives him more utility and stats not directly linked to DPS that he would like to obtain that IE won't provide.

Jungling related: That's probably the optimal jungle build. Wriggles is a no brainer. After that, Phage or Sheen sounds nasty especially if you have Red buff mixed in and ult off CD. Then Trinity and whatever you need at that point.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Having both IE and Trinity would probably mean skimping out on something else you'd want. Late game, he's probably better off with a different item like last whisper or PD if you skipped that or lifesteal if you skipped that. Before that point, going Trinity IE is extremely expensive and you're spending a LOT of gold on that without getting much defensively. Especially if you are jungling and pick up wriggles. Boots Wriggles and those two items, you're over 10K without a defensive item.

Lategame, the procs and stats won't add up to as much as a different item that's more focused. LW or PD for example. If you don't skip out on those items, you're prob skipping out on a item with other stats he would like. Now, if you have a great AS boost like Nidalee or WW or Nunu, you could probably get away with skipping PD for something else. But that item synergizes so well with IE and Auto attacking that it can be hard to pass up. Especially if your path is IE first, since that can give him RIDICULOUS scaling at such a quick threshold.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I was on a roll tonight.
I didn't do anything amazing, but I think I'm starting to better understand my rolls and items. It's pretty cool.

D

Deleted member

10 games and jarvans probably my new best character

2 weeks before another nerf

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
So let's talk about Yorick. How is aegis on him? Does armor pen affect the damage his gouls do? Would Mogwai recommend atmogs on him? Would spell pen help his laning?

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
if youre pondering whether to get ie after triforce on your gp build then there might be something wrong with your games

or else your already like 20-0 at 30 minutes, which with new gp is quite possible

also ive tried out his jungle a lot and he has a lot of different paths and starting items. he doesnt even need red to gank. hes just so flexible in the jungle even without buffs

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Ryze is still strong. Idk why I don't see more people play him. Guess everyone's too busy dropping Tibbers
because swain, rumble and vlad do the whole "I'm a tanky mage" thing better now.

Ryze's mana ratio nerf kinda hurt him... he just doesn't have the same sting he used to.... it'd be fine if they buffed his AP ratios to compensate because then ryze could start grabbiong AA earlier and/or building RoA to hit harder.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Quote from Classick:
"Hey guys, after some internal discussions and viewing your feedback about the ward changes we've decided we will revert the change that does not allow champions to jump to wards. We also plan on adding some form of communication to the opposing team of what just happened, for instance when Jax leaps to a ward it will reveal the ward for 3 seconds. We are not entirely sure if that is exactly what we will be doing, but it will be something of that nature. We also will be applying this to Summoner Teleport.

Again, thanks for the feedback!"

If they make it so that the ward is viewable for 3 seconds in the brush as your teleporting to it, that will be stupid. I don't see why they feel the need to show the other team this.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Quote from Classick:
"Hey guys, after some internal discussions and viewing your feedback about the ward changes we've decided we will revert the change that does not allow champions to jump to wards. We also plan on adding some form of communication to the opposing team of what just happened, for instance when Jax leaps to a ward it will reveal the ward for 3 seconds. We are not entirely sure if that is exactly what we will be doing, but it will be something of that nature. We also will be applying this to Summoner Teleport.

Again, thanks for the feedback!"

If they make it so that the ward is viewable for 3 seconds in the brush as your teleporting to it, that will be stupid. I don't see why they feel the need to show the other team this.
cuz if jax is in lane it's like "if u put wards down, u will never die!" u could just keep jumping to the ward. free out for jax. i also think that blitz should be able to grab wards/mushrooms.

EDIT: i just realized u were referring to the teleport thing. yes, if ur teleporting the word should not be visible..

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I think there are 3 changes they could do to put her more in check:

1. Attacks with Tumble do not add Silver Bolt stacks (will not remove stacks unless you tumble and hit a different target.

2. CD increase on Tumble at higher ranks. Changed to 4-5 seconds at rank 5.

3. Make Condemn magic damage and reduce the range it knocks back people.

Either one of those would probably keep her in line, although probably lower than Corki and Ashe

Edit: Yorick is widely acknowledged to be a fairly subpar champ at the moment. He has so many conflicting and hindering features that prevent him from being good.

1. His Q (unless they hotfixed it, they may have. I've not played him in a bit) does not work with lifesteal despite being a Physical attack modifier like Trundle's Q.

2. His Ghouls do not work with lifesteal or spell vamp. I can understand the reasoning for that, but they overestimated how "good" the ghouls would be.

3. Overall the Ghouls are complete ****. Their health being linked to the timer means they are guaranteed to suffer a premature death if they take any damage. Do 100 damage to them, and they die in 3-4 seconds instead of 5. Which is dumb. Ghouls also do not have good enough scaling. 30% of Yorick's AD is not strong enough because they also do not scale with crit or AS or anything for later on in the game. There's no point in getting 200+ AD, have a ghoul with less than 100 AD, that can't attack faster than it could at level 1 or crit or livesteal or anything.

4. Ghouls... suck ****. You can't control them, which means over half the time his ghouls potential goes completely down the gutter. Q something, watch it putter around some minions before CHASING the enemy champ who's 700+ range away instead of getting the minions in front of you. They also suck for taking tower hits since their health is based on timer. 1 hit wonder lol.

5. His Ult is a bit lacking. Zilean makes him look useless (not entirely a fair comparison, but you'd think his ult would have a bit more oomph with how long the CD is).

6. He has spells that deal Magic damage, but scale with AD. What the **** is up with that? Makes AP items useless, and makes itemizing for more damage pretty wasteful besides Sorc boots (other pen items offer AP, a waste)

The 2 good traits he has are the healing Ghoul and the movement boost on Q. Those things are solid (besides the Ghoul dying so quick, but that can't be helped). Q boost at rank 5 is over 100 MVS if you have no boots. Kinda sick.

Top Bottom