• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I played a ranked game with THWrath. We were down in everything the entire game, failed like 7 surrender votes. The opposing team got baron. Their Yi got a quadra on us. Wrath was alive and running like hell as Nidalee. I told him to just turn around and give the Yi the penta, but he wouldn't.

Some people =(

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Couldn't have said it better myself. Now take that definition and examine it with the following:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning-kruger_effect
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non_sequitur_(logic)

So by relying on the "majority," you're handicapping yourself to creating a system controlled by idiots who don't know they're idiots and who are incapable of properly seeing cause-and-effect.

Sorry M3D, if this goes right over your head. Us pseudo-intellectuals and all that.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
ITT: Who gives a ****, we're talking about league not about whether the Tribunal system encourages mindless action with disregard for consequences due to personal gains from IP being offered.

NO
ONE
CARES

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Yeah Jaz, idiots who don't know they are idiots is a problem everywhere. I have actually run into that problem myself VERY recently. I also find it deliciously hilarious that YOU posted a link to the Dunning-Kruger effect, Mr Crit Red Caster on CLG's Level. The irony is so thick you could make a soup.

Dastrn tells the truth about his random baron steal with Janna. I saw him toss the tornado over the wall and suddenly we all had baron. My best recent baron steal was a flash into consume/smite that caught the enemy jungler off guard. Then I ulted and they all ran screaming into the loving arms of my teammates in the river.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Couldn't have said it better myself. Now take that definition and examine it with the following:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning-kruger_effect
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non_sequitur_(logic)

So by relying on the "majority," you're handicapping yourself to creating a system controlled by idiots who don't know they're idiots and who are incapable of properly seeing cause-and-effect.

Sorry M3D, if this goes right over your head. Us pseudo-intellectuals and all that.
It depends on how the Tribunal's being used imo. The cause-and-effect of knowing that if you troll/feed/leave now will have most players believe that they will end up on the Tribunal. This, hopefully, reduces the need for Tribunal in the first place.

It's almost a Panopticon effect, since all the methods of punishment are now all around the players, rather than being an obscure detail by Riot.

So while the actual delivery may be flawed, the cause-and-effect of the Tribunal should extend beyond just relying on the peer system of judgement.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Some people just don't understand Karthus' E, I mean at least almost every team fight I had in this one game 3 people would drop after I died just because they'd chill around my defiled. And they would be all "DUDE WTF KILLED ME!?!?", and would just :).

Also I was trying to get a Warwick with my R as Karthus, instead when it goes off I hear the "you have slain an enemy", but instead see Udyr's portrait. and then a prompt "F YOU" came up in chat, he was on Red buff and I screwed up his whole jungle.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Jazriel, in case you didn't know, the Tribunal doesn't decide anything at all. A riot employee still reviews each case and makes the decision. The tribunal is just designed to both weed out cases that don't deserve punished, placate the ragers by making them feel like they can make a difference, and scare the trolls into chilling out a bit. I think it's accomplishing all 3 goals.

Also, you fit the definition of pseudo-intellectual to a T. I also lol'ed when I saw you post the dunning-kruger effect. The irony washed over me in waves. Reminded me of boogie boarding when I was 7 and getting stuck inhaling salt water with my face in the sand while wave after wave of the mighty atlantic made me it's *****. Except in this case it was irony waves. Waves that listened to hipster music and didn't wear deodorant.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yo, the smell of a man is what gets ladies. Big Boys leave Old Spice at home.

Lol lets get back to league now.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
You guys were so close to saying the right things. Not a bad outcome for what is simply an unusually boring day. By all means though, feel content that you understand the Dunning-Kruger Effect without understand the link I posted immediately after. Meta-non sequiters ftw. Quite literally; get on my level.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
i cant stop getting horse**** teammates. elo hell is real
Just play gankplank and last hit. Screw everything.

When it hits 30min you'll be unstoppable.

GP is one of the best "come back from behind" champs imo (not talking about high elo play obv).

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Sonic The Hedgedawg
LoL Tag(s): SonicTheHedgedawg
LoL Mains: Almost any mage. I also can play soraka for support and sivir for phys carry if I need to. I can also jungle with Udyr when that is what is needed.

BunBun

Smash Master
But it's so ridiculously painful when you realize he's serious.

Anyway, I get home in about two hours, so someone should come help me reach 30 (29 right now!).

Turazrok

Smash Master
Also my jungle yorick is legit. Almost. I never get to red because someone always needs help :(

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
No idea what was in the patch.

Also, here's my Tankplank right now:
21/9/0 Havok so good, Strength of Spirit goes very well with a Manamune build
APen reds, APen quints, flat armor yellows, mr/level blues
Been starting sapphire crystal + pots, building an early Tear, and getting Manamune + Sheen as quickly as possible. From there I go Bveil or Frozen Heart depending on what I need more, and Trinity Force.
Add in Merc Treads and you have the last slot still open for whatever the game calls for.
Very end game you end up 90 damage from Manamune, 30 damage from Trinity, 52 damage from Raise Morale active, Grog Soaked Blade, and Trinity procs... You pack so much pain. And you are so tanky plus you have a built in cleanse/heal, and 35 health/5 from Strength of Spirit.

I feel like Ryze all over again :troll:

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
You had to prepare your true display of skills to kill 4 of them with baron buff with a bear.
I think I only killed 2, but it was just a weird fight cause they couldn't decide whether to kill people or kill the nexus and we probably would've lost if they had all just made the same decision, but thankfully they didn't so hotshot could initiate for me to unload my **** on them (mostly just instakill corki since without him mundo and rammus basically couldn't die).

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I think I only killed 2, but it was just a weird fight cause they couldn't decide whether to kill people or kill the nexus and we probably would've lost if they had all just made the same decision, but thankfully they didn't so hotshot could initiate for me to unload my **** on them (mostly just instakill corki since without him mundo and rammus basically couldn't die).
Mundo tanks where he pleases.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Rule of the Universe #18378492: If I choose Teemo in ranked, there undoubtedly must be someone else on the team that locks in a ranged carry afterwards.

-_-

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
why do all the bad kids make a show out of disliking jazriel

oh wait cause youre the same people who type in all chat after first blood "gg noob (champion)"

it all starts to come together, so crystal clear

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
why do all the bad kids make a show out of disliking jazriel

oh wait cause youre the same people who type in all chat after first blood "gg noob (champion)"

it all starts to come together, so crystal clear
With your troll powers combined, you could be captain planet.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Rising back up to the 1300s. It's cool to see how much I can tool on people in a lot of these games. Provided there isn't an extreme feeder on my team.

You ever just sit back and think about how cool this game is? Just the sheer amount of **** in this game and the extreme replayability is remarkable. This really is a cool game

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Why does pirate seem so hard to handle in this game right now?

His harass is soooooooooo strong again.
And he's genuinely very hard to gank... so he can pretty much free farm against anyone bar hard core burst mages.

FARRRK PIRATE IS GOOD NOW.

Top Bottom