• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Abel1994

Smash Lord
did a 3v3 and lost 3 times cuz of noob partner but the last game piss me off he afk and came at end saying its ok just play another game cuz i was eating i was like wtf

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
R.I.P. Eve

They nerfed the **** out of her ult too so no more towerdiving for her. I picked up Lux and have been doing okay with her so far. I was just wondering about the best way to go about hitting CDR cap on the regular. Granted my summoner lvl is only 23 but I been fluctuating with stuff right now.

As far as beginning I have CDR at 15% from runes and masteries. My runes are health quints, cdr glyphs, mana regen yellows, and magic pen reds. I currently start with Tier 1 boots, a 2 mana pots and 1 health pot. Under best circumstances I would have a jungler on my team and take a solo lane. If the other team doesn't have a jungler, I can take the 2v1 lane to pretty decent success.

This is where things get sticky. I run Flash and Teleport for my spells. Flash since I'm squishy and Teleport for b-ports. On my first B I nab upgraded boots and a philo. Boots are one thing that I'm really torn about.

CDR Boots make hitting the cap stupid easy. CDR Boots + FC = cap for 2kg. Swift boots seem a bit redundant sometimes with Lux's range, slow, and snare but seems to really increase her effectiveness during the lane phase. MP boots are MP boots and still solid on her.

I just tend to have very different build for every match. The one that seems to be the most common is CDR boots, Morello's, RDC, Hourglass, BV, RDC.

Order is Tier one boots -> Tier 2 Boots + Philo -> FC + NLR/BW -> RDC -> Hourglass -> BV -> RDC.

BV + Hourglass seems slightly redundant to me and I never really see any other champs using both. Though the bonus doesn't stack, RDC is still ~200 AP per cap so multiple don't seem like a terrible idea. Granted this build doesn't come to fruition too often, but when it does Lazors are in full effect.

I currently use THIS MASTERY. It is the campiest one that I could come up with. I skipped utility master since I don't want to rely on blue buff for CDR. The mana regen is gdlk so I may grab it if its up late game, but otherwise I skip it. I also skipped Presence of the Master so I could get more mana and still extend my camping capabilities. ~1min off of Flash and 40s off of Teleport does look rather tasty for the one point so I may change that around from Expanded Mind.

tl;dr
Gimme a Lux build. Sorry for it looking like an ADD child wrote this.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Lux tips:
Never use CDR runes. They're bad.
Lucidity + Morello + Masteries = 40% CDR.
9/0/21
I run teleport flash, don't run ghost. CV can be used if team needs.
Never build Rages, it sucks.

My item build is dring -> tear + boots1 -> lucidity + codex -> morello + deathcap

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
Lux tips:
9/0/21

My item build is dring -> tear + boots1 -> lucidity + codex -> morello + deathcap
Basically the same as my build. Quite effective.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Jazriel, you forgot to tell him to run crit reds on his casters. Don't hold back your infinite wisdom. Otherwise how can he ever hope to get on your/CLGs level?

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
i think fiddle is gonna be fotm..........

apparently fiddle ulting does not mean **** him, it means run away in random directions why u get chased down by the other team.
also gp kinda popular now but everyone builds him really bad so its ok

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
Lux tips:
9/0/21

Ah you're right. My arithmetic is terrible >.>

What 9/0/21 do u use? I skip over Presence and Utility Master in favor of 3/4 Expanded mind and the gold one.

Rages? RDC = Deathcap.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
People just really like building Paperthincritplank so unless we see a top level player streaming Tankplank we'll never really see people QQ about Pirate. Sure, crit your Parrrley for chunks off a squishies health but die in less than .00001 seconds. Or last throughout a whole fight and do more damage overall...

I like my Tankplank maximizing Manamune, with Trinityforce, Frozen Heart, Banshee's Veil. Super tanky and a lot of damage.
Haven't tried Jungleplank yet but Red buff + Grog Soaked Blade is brutal.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
So am I wrong in saying that Yorick looks... Rather mediocre?

He looks like the opposite of Morde, which is to say, he is bootycheeks on the creep line in champ v champ.

Turazrok

Smash Master
Yorick is a champion who desperately needs the ability to jungle efficiently, but so far, to my experiments, lacks it.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
He seems very mediocre from my first games with/against him.
Very low damage, lacks in utility besides an okay slow and his ult is okay, and low sustainability for somebody who really needs to be in the thick of fights.
Cool concept but really falls short.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
His Q is (or would be) strong. The movement boost it gives at rank 5 is incredible. Without boots or boosts from anywhere, you can hit near 430 MVS with it. This buff is for like 4-5 seconds. However, there are some disappointing attributes to the character.

His Q doesn't work with lifesteal. While supposedly being an auto attack modifier like Trundle's Q, he will not lifesteal from a Q for any damage. At all. I got a wriggles on him, tried it out. Nothing. That... sucks ****.

His ghouls as far as I'm aware are not controllable. I mean it would be confusing to try and control multiple ghosts effectively, but yeah there's no alt click or anything mentioned for controlling them. This is where he has a problem. His spells naturally have lower damage than other champs because ghouls are expected to make up the damage by attacking stuff. Sounds reasonable, I'd hate for him to have 300 base spells and **** AND have ghouls. But since you can't control them, a LARGE portion of their damage goes unnoticed or goes to wrong targets.

He also has spells that scale with AD, but do magic damage. That's a tad counter intuitive, especially when you recommend the champion be played a physical tanky DPS. Atmas Trinity Spirit Visage etc does not paint the picture for magic damage. I'd rather it be physical damage.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Ah you're right. My arithmetic is terrible >.>

What 9/0/21 do u use? I skip over Presence and Utility Master in favor of 3/4 Expanded mind and the gold one.

Rages? RDC = Deathcap.
Rages = Rod of Ages.

Presence? Utility Master? 9/0/21 is standard for mages. 9 = ap/lvl, cdr, mpen%. 21 = teleport, good hands, xp, gold, meditation, 1 in buff mastery, movespeed, flash, cdr, PotM (I think that's what it's called).

As for M3D: Nice try.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Like Chaox pointed out earlier, his damage just isn't good enough because his reliance on ghouls to do damage is higher than their actual ability to be useful. While leaves the base damage/scaling of his spells crippled compared to other champs.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
he looks like another stupid champ which i dont want to learn and is too item dependent. i wish theyd stop making new champs but otherwise their revenue gets destroyed qq.

i remember seeing someone on gen discussion saying they were excited for yorick and i just thought "why the hell are u excited for another mediocre champ.." the only good thing ive seen for about 10 yoricks is them ulting themselves and killing the other champ after they get destroyed

BunBun

Smash Master
The real Lux build:
Start with boots + 3 h pots
> Sheen > Lucidity boots > Triforce > Rageblade > Youmu's
9/0/21
CDR/lvl Yellows, MRegen Blues, Flat Mpen reds, HP Quints
Get blue.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I tried the new kayle. I think she might have been nerfed. her heal isn't as good. Everything feels scaled down a little bit. I think if they revert the passive nerf, they might just have a great champ.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
So Yorick has okay solid damage when he has all his ghouls out actually attacking the right thing.

Too bad even lategame it takes like 1 or 2 hits from any random AoE to kill them...
I feel like as soon as you get into a team fight and bring out your ghouls to do anything somebody like Ashe tosses out one Volley and kills them all and then you are useless.
Then your spells come off cd so you bring them out again... too bad Ashe's Volley is off cd too... :(

They really need to make his ghouls last longer somehow. More health/armor/mr or even just put them on a static five second timer so he's guaranteed their full duration.
He's awful without ghouls out and mediocre with them all out.

I feel like the best use Yorick has is to hope you have a fed AD carry on your team so you can ult them.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
So Yorick has okay solid damage when he has all his ghouls out actually attacking the right thing.

Too bad even lategame it takes like 1 or 2 hits from any random AoE to kill them...
I feel like as soon as you get into a team fight and bring out your ghouls to do anything somebody like Ashe tosses out one Volley and kills them all and then you are useless.
Then your spells come off cd so you bring them out again... too bad Ashe's Volley is off cd too... :(

They really need to make his ghouls last longer somehow. More health/armor/mr or even just put them on a static five second timer so he's guaranteed their full duration.
He's awful without ghouls out and mediocre with them all out.

I feel like the best use Yorick has is to hope you have a fed AD carry on your team so you can ult them.
He's a reverse Mordekaiser

Nobody ever believes me ;_;

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
We are pleased to inform you that the rest of the Tribunal has affirmed your judgment on 73 cases today! As compensation for your service to the League, your account has been credited 365 Influence Points.

Only tabbing in to captcha/bonus when I'm already browsing the internet, I haven't even played in over a week, I think.

Top Bottom