• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Thanks Mog.
That part was still confusing me.

Rammus change is making me wonder whether or not it's a good or bad thing.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
3k ip lets go!
I might save up to by rexton or malzahar cuz mal looks badass but rex is like a different version of my fav char who is nasus :D BROTHERS UNITE!

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Longest queue ever...

One note about the patch changes:

Wards and Teemo's mushrooms are no longer targetable/manipulated by spells (except Summoner Teleport). This means, for example, that wards will no longer be able to block Rammus' Powerball, Mushrooms will not block skillshots, and Jax is no longer able to Leapstrike onto a ward

= Katarina can't Shunpo Wards and Minions anymore? -_-

Frolossus

Smash Lord
Longest queue ever...

One note about the patch changes:

Wards and Teemo's mushrooms are no longer targetable/manipulated by spells (except Summoner Teleport). This means, for example, that wards will no longer be able to block Rammus' Powerball, Mushrooms will not block skillshots, and Jax is no longer able to Leapstrike onto a ward

= Katarina can't Shunpo Wards and Minions anymore? -_-
yep
******** move by riot

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
it means she can't shunpo onto wards. she can still shunpo onto minions. I really dislike their reasoning behind taking that interaction out =\, especially since they made an exception for Teleport. You can't just arbitrarily break the rules for depth when the rule is inherently removing depth for the sake of simplicity. What makes teleporting to a ward more intuitive than shunpoing to a ward?

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
I understand the logic by Riot wanting to remove "Unintuitive" gameplay (same logic applies to removing l-canceling, wavedashing from brawl). But all competitive players love every ounce of extra skill they can pull off in this game.

I hate this change as I felt their were great strategies involved with it. If they disliked the ability to block hooks/powerball with wards (I thought that was a great reaction skill) they should of just made enemy wards untargetable by spells, but keep ally wards targetable.

That Lee Sin from Xan showcased great movement via wards at Dreamhack, and based on the responses on forums I feel pretty confident that they will revert this in some form.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yorick is 6300

Bought him a few moments ago. Did not get the chance to play him though.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I understand the logic by Riot wanting to remove "Unintuitive" gameplay (same logic applies to removing l-canceling, wavedashing from brawl). But all competitive players love every ounce of extra skill they can pull off in this game.

I hate this change as I felt their were great strategies involved with it. If they disliked the ability to block hooks/powerball with wards (I thought that was a great reaction skill) they should of just made enemy wards untargetable by spells, but keep ally wards targetable.

That Lee Sin from Xan showcased great movement via wards at Dreamhack, and based on the responses on forums I feel pretty confident that they will revert this in some form.
yea, I just made a thread about it to explain exactly why I don't like the change:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=10343119#post10343119

Turazrok

Smash Master
Yorick's jungle not looking promising at first. But if he gets golem buff his ls spell is on a 5 sec cd with a 5 sec long ghoul max. IDK he can barely do blue with straight def masteries and armor yellows. Running ar pen reds and quints, mres per lvl blues. Any suggestions?

Falcinho

Smash Ace
Most junglers dont run arpen reds and quints afaik unless they'll need the arpen outside of the jungle
Maybe the sustainability from flat HP qunits (arpen from reds) or as reds would help (8 as reds , 1 arpen red + arpen quints)
But i have no clue how that champ works obviously so if i talk bs ignore this

Also ty DMG

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Changes to a hero should be to balance them, not to make them almost unplayable =\
See: Twitch.

If you can't balance them then you have to effectively remove them from the game until you can.

Philosopher's Stone: 18 HP/5, 8 MP/5
HP/5 is valued at 29 gold/point (based off of regrowth pendant)
MP/5 is valued at 55.7 gold/point (based off of meki pendant)
Net worth before factoring in gold/10: 522 + 446 = 968 gold
Cost Efficiency: 968/800 = 121%

still a universally strong investment.
Thanks Mog :)

That's amazing lol

Turazrok

Smash Master
Most junglers dont run arpen reds and quints afaik unless they'll need the arpen outside of the jungle
Maybe the sustainability from flat HP qunits (arpen from reds) or as reds would help (8 as reds , 1 arpen red + arpen quints)
But i have no clue how that champ works obviously so if i talk bs ignore this

Also ty DMG
He scales off ad.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
How much spellvamp/lifesteal did they give to spirit vis?

I feel like I'm gonna have a ****in blast playing Mundo.

Common Mundo item given even more synergy with the character = hilarious.

Stupid .2:1 AP ratio ruined my hopes and dreams.

Edit: OhhhhhhhhItotallymisreaditmahbaaaaad.

_Dice

Smash Ace
they just made sv WORK with spellvamp and lifetsteal so if you have it, it enhances it.

also yorick is bordlerline unplayable with his current ult. NEVER use it as a rescue spell, only as a Damage enhancer in fights.

they get gold/xp twice.

you ult someone, they die (giving gold/xp) they come back they get killed again (giving gold/xp).

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
omg, no one understands spirit visage change. ffs, I really didn't think it was that complicated. (EDIT: I guess some people did, but a lot of people didn't)

Prior to this patch:
- the 15% healing buff SV gave did not count lifesteal/spell vamp as healing

After this patch:
- the 15% healing buff SV gives counts lifesteal/spell vamp as healing

net result:
if you have a SV and 50% lifesteal, you now effectively have 57.5%, whereas prior to this patch it wouldn't have boosted the healing from lifesteal.

besides, they're rolling the patch back or something now because apparently Yorick's ult had a bug where it would continually respawn an opponent at 1 HP for you to kill every second which would let you instantly level your entire team to 18 the second you killed an opponent with Yorick's ult on them.

_Dice

Smash Ace
Yorick's jungle not looking promising at first. But if he gets golem buff his ls spell is on a 5 sec cd with a 5 sec long ghoul max. IDK he can barely do blue with straight def masteries and armor yellows. Running ar pen reds and quints, mres per lvl blues. Any suggestions?
do minigolem first. Q + E is pretty awesome in jungle.

_Dice

Smash Ace
hopefully yoricks ult doesn't give xp/gold on either the first or second death this time.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
besides, they're rolling the patch back or something now because apparently Yorick's ult had a bug where it would continually respawn an opponent at 1 HP for you to kill every second which would let you instantly level your entire team to 18 the second you killed an opponent with Yorick's ult on them.
Seriously, how does this get past testing...

_Dice

Smash Ace
Seriously, how does this get past testing...
it's caused by 2 yoricks ulting at the same time or ulting the instant a character dies, procing the ult twice.

but seriusly how did double gold/XP from kills get past testing. i mean come on whats the point of bringing someone back if they have to spend the 10 seconds running to avoid feeding.

also yorick ulting karthus is interesting. karthus becomes undying. for the duration of his passive, and then started to drain hp from yoricks.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The thread would be more fun to read at the LoL forum if half of the posts weren't three words long.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
is that even possible?

Yea i want renekton how can i get easy ip for him? have 3k so far :D

If i fight ai do i still get ip?

Top Bottom