• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
**** yes the patch is awesome. NO MORE STACKING HON FOR U JARVAN!!!!!!!!!

"The gold per 10 component of Philosopher's Stone, Heart of Gold, Kage's Lucky Pick, and Avarice Blade is now unique to itself.'

EDIT SOME1 PLEASE ANSWER THIS: does this mean biltz cant grab wards or teemo mushrooms???

EDIT2: **** yes...

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
constantly move perpendicular to her and she is very vulnerable to ganks.

if you are up against a very skilled cass. god have mercy on your soul. she scales with skill more than most champs. and the best cass's are terrifying.
wow this is the most one dimensional advice ive ever seen.

so i fire two skillshots at u and watch which direction u move relative to my position/yours/creep position, then i start making the worlds easiest reads and just have a 50/50 shot of hitting you with a skill shot WITHOUT EVEN MAKING AN INTELLIGENT READ and completely ignoring everything youve done before

loll i love laning against people who think "ok so when i see the animation i just move sideways or back" its like a free lane win

basically u cant really outlane a cass if she doesnt overextend unless u play an imba laner and even then, shes one of the best solos ever. just dont feed her then **** her midgame.

also @ patch:
vlad is still good, and now sv affects spellvamp, and spellvamp isnt affected by shielding anymore. vlad is still good, yay
rumble still too strong, jarvan still good and can still build 1 philo 1 hog (which can be better than getting 3 gp5 anyway)

thank god vayne got nerfed, that op piece if **** had to be banned every game. and gp buff is awesome, probably one of the funnest characters to play imo, and with parley triggering his passive, he can be a really strong laner and chaser

EDIT: i mean if u think about a lot of good laners, theyre good cause they have sustained damage, but arent incredibly bursty. cait cass vlad all can stay in lane and put out steady damage forever but lack burst to really change a teamfight if they have as much money as your team does. and this is a generalization and something to think about whenever u think "OMG x champ is so op in lane"

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I actually really like the Gangplank love.
Parrrley procing Grog Soaked Blade again is great. One Q is just a 7% slow, but its still something.

OUCH if you can get that passive stacking on somebody. Five stacks at level 18 is ticking for over 100 dps, and 35% slow... odds of you getting five stacks on somebody are slim outside of chasing them down though :(
It's a shame that they cut off its durration to be equal to Parrrley's cooldown at 40% cdr... They don't want us stacking grog with just Q though :\

Also E being an even more insane steroid with an extra second on its duration is great.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
yeah they also ***** ad kass jungle so hard

makes me a little sad, they just destroyed his path so hard

have fun ever killing wraiths

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Oh. Em. Gee.

Eve got smashed in the head with a bat.

:(
She deserved it. When/if stealth gets reworked I wouldn't mind seeing her get her nutsack back, but til then I want that puppy neutered.
Kassadin change is so dumb. At level 2 he will wreck people with auto attacks.
And he will be standing next to someone how?

Anywho, my thoughts on the patch notes:

Blitzcrank - Change was nice, maybe the slightly fail Blitzs will be slightly less fail now

Cho'Gath - FAVORITE CHANGE EVAR. Ok, maybe and exaggeration since I was already good a judging when to feast, but it's still nice nonetheless.

Evelynn - Peace out, don't let the doorknob hit you on the way out. She'll still rip on baddies that over-extend, but at least people who stay where they should can feel halfway safe now. I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

Gangplank - excited about these changes too, now maybe I won't cringe when I see Pirate on my team.

Heimerdinger - I've seen some Heim's do quite well recently. I think this change is giving me a nudge to try him out.

Irelia - Sweetness.

Jarvan IV - Nerf won't be hard enough. They need to kick his teeth in imo

Kassadin - I really, really like this change. It actually gives him an incentive to auto attack and use his passive, as opposed to before when there was low to no reason to get that close. Compliments his assassin role nicely.

Nidalee - Dan will cry tears of joy. Rejoice

Shaco - Shaya will shoot splooge of joy. Rejoice.

TF - THANK GOD FOR THE ZHONYA'S CHANGE. It was the most god damn annoying thing in the world to run up to stop that backdoor TF when he'd just ult and Zhonya so you couldn't stop him. So happy about this one.

Udyr - He needed those mana cost changes, it was a good balanced decision. Still not seeing him as a very strong pick though. Maybe if Bear Stance packed some cc reduction.

Vayne - These nerfs actually look pretty good, I'm looking forward to seeing how they play out.

Other thoughts:

-Philo changes make me wonder if it's gold efficient anymore. WTB mathcraft pronto

-Spirit Visage change is cool. Makes my WW a happy guy.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Yay. Cho'Gath feast even more primed for KSing!

Pretty huge Heimer early pushing buff.

Ouch... Xin Zhao burst hurt quite a bit... as well as his teamfight survivability.

QSS buff was nice.

john!

Smash Hero
i kind of don't like the heimer buffs, heimer solo top is already really really good, and now he might become flavor of the month :( but they weren't that big so hopefully he flies under the radar ;)

_Dice

Smash Ace
well regardless of how good he is, yorick will be amainof mine (also how i got my other mains karma and cass lol)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
That's the only bug fix they're giving the guy?

MEH, WHATEVER.
TIME FOR SOME LATE GAME SCALING.
Shaco should be able to solo baron again.

Twisted Fate
* Fixed a bug with Gate where activating Zhonya's Hourglass during the channel time would not interrupt it

**** MY LIFE.

Wow xin just got ***** too.

But they -really- -really- -really- killed Eve though.
oh my god. They destroyed her.

_Dice

Smash Ace
well if they fix 1 shaco bug every patch from here on out then eventually his bugs get fixed.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
LMAO AT THAT EVE NERF.

Also, NIDALEE BUG FIXESSL:A FEOJF:LEKANFAEKL:NFAEKNFL:AE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEAHEAHHAHAHAH

just 1,000 more to go

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Nidalee - Dan will cry tears of joy. Rejoice

Shaco - Shaya will shoot splooge of joy. Rejoice.
That's the only bug fix they're giving the guy?

MEH, WHATEVER.
Also, NIDALEE BUG FIXESSL:A FEOJF:LEKANFAEKL:NFAEKNFL:AE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YEAHEAHHAHAHAH
1 for 2 aint bad
Any word on whether or not nid can still use traps to reveal wards now that skills can't target them?
Ooooooooooooo good question.

Also, it almost wrong how glad I am Eve is getting nerfed. But seriously thank the LoL gods

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Changes to a hero should be to balance them, not to make them almost unplayable =\

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
That udyr buff... wow. I think he will be the fastest jungle now.

I want to play pirate again. Auto attack, Q, auto attack = 20% slow

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Are there any chat channels that high level helpful players frequent? The only one I'm subbed to is the swf chat. I just found out Dyrus has a channel called Dyrus and it made me curious.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Any ideas why they are messing with the spells hitting wards? That seemed like a really cool dynamic to me. just the other die I blocked a rammus powerball coming on me after a team fight with a ward and saved myself, and all 10 players laughed in /all and said "well done." I don't see how this is a bad thing to leave in.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
DD is banned from playing ashe with us ranked
Posting in agreement. Good games though. Had fun. DD's Akali was much better in the later matches so it was all good. FCT didn't know what hit them!

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
TEAM.
COSBY.
SWEATERS.

Needs a reliable 4th&5th though. Right now it's VanZ, MacD, and I, and then whatever other two we can pick up. If we can get a solid 4th and 5th, we'd start doing Go4LoL stuffs.

SleepyK.
Join TCS.
-DD
I'd like to join, pretty sure you guys are familiar with my style and what I can bring to a team. Or am I not reliable?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to

-Philo changes make me wonder if it's gold efficient anymore. WTB mathcraft pronto
Philosopher's Stone: 18 HP/5, 8 MP/5
HP/5 is valued at 29 gold/point (based off of regrowth pendant)
MP/5 is valued at 55.7 gold/point (based off of meki pendant)
Net worth before factoring in gold/10: 522 + 446 = 968 gold
Cost Efficiency: 968/800 = 121%

still a universally strong investment.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
So when I do Solo Queue with jpak, as ridiculous as it seems, the people in the 1500s sometimes seem worse than me for some reason...

Oh and jpak carries too hard with Corki, it's real fun when Corki/Janna kill 3 people after our entire team dies. <3

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'm confused at this new patch.
Where is the information you guys are getting concerning the changes?

I'm also confused about Philosopher's Stone. Does it no longer stack with Heart of Gold?
That'd suck, because I just recently fell in love with that set with my Rammus.

Frolossus

Smash Lord

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I'm confused at this new patch.
Where is the information you guys are getting concerning the changes?

I'm also confused about Philosopher's Stone. Does it no longer stack with Heart of Gold?
That'd suck, because I just recently fell in love with that set with my Rammus.
the same gold/10 item no longer stacks with itself but they do stack across different types. Philo + Philo = 5 gold/10, Philo + HoG = 10 gold/10

Top Bottom