• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

N64

Smash Champion
I has a question for you.

How did you guys feel about the tournament layout? Did you like that pools were only one game each, and there were 2 pools? What are your thoughts on how they did brackets, i.e. lower seeds having to win best-out-of-3 sets starting a game down at the start, placing matches being best of 1s, grand finals layout, etc.?

Just curious.

john!

Smash Hero
i think the championship match should have been 2 sets like smash (i.e. the winner's finals winner gets a set advantage instead of a game advantage), but i understand that they probably had time constraints.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
i think the championship match should have been 2 sets like smash (i.e. the winner's finals winner gets a set advantage instead of a game advantage), but i understand that they probably had time constraints.
Basically this.
-DD

I'm happy with the Jarvan nerfs and the Vladimir nerfs aren't as severe as I thought they would be.

I also really like the 500 gold cap on bounties. The 1k gold given away for dying while legendary was just ridiculous and I don't see any reason for its existence.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
IMO they should have given Eve the currently unused 'sleep'. Allows her to disable people still - and set up ganks and what not by chaining cc.

Guess a bit counter intuitive given her Q, BUT it could have worked out.
either way, yay for no longer needing to ban eve!

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
RIP philo stacking.
I don't see supports hurt too hard. Philo + HoG or Pick will work just fine for most of them, roamers too.

I just got humiliated by an Akali in ranked. Top fed her hard, and then she snowballed out of control. She got like 21 of her teams 25/26 or so kills >.>

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
I don't see supports hurt too hard. Philo + HoG or Pick will work just fine for most of them, roamers too.

I just got humiliated by an Akali in ranked. Top fed her hard, and then she snowballed out of control. She got like 21 of her teams 25/26 or so kills >.>
RIP Philo stacking.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
So Vlad wasn't hit as hard as they said he was going to be.
An extra second on its cooldown isn't going to kill him, and if you're going with Regi's super sustained Revolver/Visage build you get even more crazy attrition ability with Visage boosting spellvamp.

Jarvan nerfs are little tickles and he's still going to stomp by the looks of it.

I like GP's new passive especially with it stacking. He'll probably be an average character because he doesn't have hard cc or a gap closer like the other common melee dps do. Insane steroids and a cleanse through even supression is amazing though.

I never thought Rumble needed to be looked at as too strong but wow EU does some absolutely amazing things with him.

Also they inspired me to go Lanewick and I'm surprised how strong it is. I feel like a Vlad that doesn't have to wait until level 7-9 to be unbeatable in lane. Once I would get that Philo I never had to leave lane.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon

This sounds like my ranked game earlier. LOL

Akali is the most fun character in this game, hands down.
-DD

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
How about... gunblade on Lanewick?
it's hilarious but honestly just overkill. I've never felt good building offensive items on lanewick because itemizing defensive stats yields a stronger teamfight presence than investing in any combination of offensive stats before your Sunfire + Visage.

Honestly the best thing about lanewick is that he actually beats Rumble in lane =O.

BunBun

Smash Master
In my completely noob opinion, the only things that are really brutal about pool is that it ****ing slows with Rylais and heals him during the actual pooling, not just the end (iirc).
You can't even ignite to kill the ****er half the time.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
At least ignite will also hit his spellvamp, which is even more annoying now with the Visage buff.

I also love Visage giving WW even more health off his ult now because the lifesteal it gives.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Still no nerfs to Vayne's W?

Honestly they could just remove the damage from Q entirely and make it mobility only and she'd still eb absolutely terrifying.

EDIT: Oh, ult losing bonus AD. That's gonna hurt her level 6 ganks.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
In my completely noob opinion, the only things that are really brutal about pool is that it ****ing slows with Rylais and heals him during the actual pooling, not just the end (iirc).
You can't even ignite to kill the ****er half the time.
There are a lot of dumb things about pool. Speeds him up for using it is something you would think Riot would have taken out since he's running around on the ground untargetable without needing to worry... how fast he can get back to tower lol.

Edit: Vayne's W isn't that bad. Early game it's highly unlikely you will get 3 hits, and even if you did the damage is negligible. You are gonna be maxing either tumble or condemn first, so there's no worry about her W doing massive damage. Late game it's scary, but she's a carry so it's to be expected.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
i would totally pool leap strike

not like a lose a fifth of my health

also vlad is only op in certain lanes

laning against brand i like total bull****. ive done that as vlad like 10 times in the past 3 days and god its irritating

the only thing good is that pool cancels ult.
god i know that matchup too well im so amazing

even when u get revolver though, if he has mana (if he built tear cata or was fed blue) then u cant beat him . just have to super farm or hope he spams abilities and pushes for u

but vlad vs ad carry is bot even fair. EXCEPt vayne. vayne ****s on vlad super early, its not even fun like how has she not been nerfed significantly by now, i dont even know what the balance team is doing

and pool is the only thing that makes vlad not **** during a team fight. u ult, q someone, e, then pool, wait for cds. if u dont do that, u have 3 seconds running around being very vulnerable, and u dont even burst like other ap carries
i think vlad needs a buff actually to help his teamfight. maybe pool makes u gain 20% health

D

Deleted member

gankplank's 'buff' isn't that good, if even beneficial

took away healing reduction, weaker dmg

--

actually might be good, but not really the change he needed

Top Bottom