• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
do you guys choose random games to join or always have buddy's to partner up with? Im tired of being with partners with noobs or leavers :(
protip: you're a noob, and you will be for the next 500 games or so.

not saying it to be mean at all. Just saying, don't start complaining about noobs yet.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
:[ I'm sad that Westrice only got to break out the Akali once this entire weekend.

;_; and against TSM he definitely won't get it out.
-DD

Evanms

Smash Journeyman
protip: you're a noob, and you will be for the next 500 games or so.

not saying it to be mean at all. Just saying, don't start complaining about noobs yet.
Yea this is true he's not being mean.

The game is jut so different pre lvl 30.

Firehand too pro!!!! Amirite??

_Dice

Smash Ace
well played a game as zilean today and ulted three times in one team fight. thanks to rewind spamming. fights last so long when your team is medicore but you have someone good playing support.

jiovanni007

Smash Ace
hai guise, I've been addicted to LoL since I first started playing a month ago. I just have a simple question, what are your thoughts on Evelyn? I pretty much get one of two reactions at the end of a game. If I facemelt everyone, all of a sudden I'm some **** that ruins the game for everyone. The logic is that she requires no skill (maybe a little but I'll admit she's on the easy side if you're not dumb) and that her playstyle ruins the game for everyone else. If I happen to go against a team that counters her and don't perform as well then I'm flamed by everyone for being a scrub, which I'm not (anymore).

I'll admit I can be a **** sometime with the worst time was when I was in this game, I was already 6/0 with a little health left when this terrible panth ults on my face as I try to b and my computer decides to plummet to 3 fps. In an irritated rage I "/all WATCH YA BACK PANTH! EVE IS HUNGRY AND PANTH IS ON THE MENU!" I proceed to melt his face and the faces of his teammates in a pretty even match which ended in victory for my team. I ended the match 22/2/a billion. In the party chat the panth reported me for being an unskilled player since my champ requires no skill. I also made him waste about 2000g on oracle's as well.

I mean in my defense, Eve does have counters. As a matter of fact, mid game it becomes tough for her to 1v1 a lot (not all) bulky champs. There are also a few squishies that can burst her down before ravage is off of cd after the stun wears off. Yet people constanly complain about her.

In my opinion she promotes safe and smart play. Mid to late game you shouldn't be wandering around alone anyway, Eve just punishes that harder than just about any other champ. As far as wasting gold goes, only scrubs buy oracle's to counter Eve. Pros get vis wards which forces me to get oracle's if I want any hope of ganking. Even still with safe play I'm forced to wait til team fights and facemelt squishies then rengage after I restealth. To me that seems appropriate since Eve is classified as an assassin right? Right?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
My [Low ELO]thoughts/observations on Eve:

The idea behind Eve, and also the entire reason everyone hates her, is that you completely turn the opponent's laning phase into a nightmare. If you're good you'll have lane presence in every lane at the same time, and as soon as you appear you've killed someone or forced them out of lane, and returned to being invisible.

Eve does promote safe and smart play, but the level of safe and smart play she enforces is much higher than you'd have to use against most other champions.

The only way to keep eve from being effective is to stay by the tower, or investing in pink wards, and passively farming, only taking chances when you have eyes on Eve. This drains the opponent's gold and zones them out of a lot of CS/EXP.

So, if your team plays to this advantage right, all lanes should be winning, and the entire opposing team will be under farmed until midgame, assuming they haven't been getting snowballed on and still have a chance of coming back.

So really, Eve makes it so that you can't really engage your opponent in lane without a lot of preparation, which is just too much work to be fun, considering she can just come out of nowhere with a stun+ignite.

Of course, this mostly applies to unranked, where you don't get to see your opponents beforehand and can actively counterpick them.

-DD

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
one of the things i hate most about playing lol is everyone is such a pansy when a fight starts.

like ill just be jarvan going balls deep on their whole team while everyone else just runs in circles lol
its like the most exciting part of the game, and people just make it so slow and dumb

_Dice

Smash Ace
Heh safehaven you haven't seen my zilean, i match wherever the deepest character is and make sure he can run away whenever possible.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Eve is unfun because stealth as a mechanic is viewed as inherently unfair. Rogues got a large does of it in WoW, too; either the character is absolute trash or way too good. I have never seen stealth mechanics in a PvP game actually be balanced, it's only one end of the spectrum.

Early Eve does need teammates who can take advantage of her silent pressure, though.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Coincidentially, last night I played a game with an Eve and a Twisted Fate on the same team.
Eternal sadness.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
is anyone here experienced with heimer? i think he's secretly really good.
Heimer's only problem is early game counters, in my opinion. If he gets through the early levels and farms hard (like Heim ever doesn't) then he can power through most comps in mid-game, especially if there's a healer on his team to sustain pushes. Rockets and 'nades hurt, and people can only defend for so long if they don't have really strong sustain

Also, Dreamhack ban and pick/win statistics: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=864019

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
everyone else does stuff better than him for the most part
ulti pretty bad

none of his moves are that good. hes just mediocre at everything
ah I see. that's saddening :( yeah his ult is so frustrating at times. I'll stick with him to the end though...

Yup. The changes on him were pretty much unecessary nerfs.
Same thing with Fiddlesticks' nerfs, honestly, which were added at the same time as GP's changes, iirc.
that's unfortunate D: maybe Riot will buff him sometime in the future?

p.p.s. GP is secretly very strong. Don't let people tell you otherwise.
YESSS GP is a crit monster!!!!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Eve is strong in all elos of solo queue.

Flash stun is extremely good. And it means an enemy laner, even if they're tower hugging is DEAD DEAD DEAD.
She also has hard carry scaling.

She was actually easier to handle when she could jungle. Just like Shaco, while they both can/could jungle, they can do a lot of cool things that they have to do trade offs for due to having to maintain the jungle.
(Counter jungling an Eve was perhaps the best thing you could do in the entire game - now you can't really counter her at all without smart team play)

Falcinho

Smash Ace
karma should have some sort of CC =(

Like the bond should silence for 0.3 seconds

Her shield is OP and the heal is kinda nice, but when i play karma noone feels like stopping that nunu ult =/

It feels good to babysit a melee champ and annoy everyone with shield though
Got some trynda to lvl 6 without having to b against zilean and gp harass ;P

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
The one thing I noticed about the EU teams in comparison to the NA teams is they seem to have superior dragon and ward control.

Watching the CLG/TSM matches made it look like they were doing solo Q with 1 or 2 wards for them while Fnatic or aAa had 4-5 at all times. I hope TSM/EG watch the previous matches and can come on even stronger from the loser's bracket.

Shushei's (sp?) Alistar has had some crazy games.

I made a concentrated effort to play ranked last week went from 1000ish to 1207! So I hit my goal of hitting 1200 before possible hard/soft reset.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I'm 1 win from 2.1K, then my elo can die happy.

re: GP, you just go double philo -> Warmog's -> Atma's -> Force of Nature with a triforce in there whenever you need it. Last item is w/e, probably IE or PD. The trick with GP is that his steroids (his Passive and E) are very very strong so even when it doesn't seem like you have a lot in the way of skills, you're incredibly strong at just standing there and fighting people. Not to mention his ult gives him some decent global presence.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
Just had someone pick Katarina when the enemy team consisted of Alistar, Irelia, Kennen, Tristana, and Warwick. they were last pick.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Umm.. what the heck Gunblade. You stole my avatar.

So anyone think TSM has a chance against either Fnatic or aAa? Or does EU have this locked up?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
both TSM and EG are capable of beating aAa. Fnatic... well, I dunno, Fnatic is looking so tight on their late game timings and teamfighting. I wouldn't completely rule them out vs. Fnatic, but while I think it's a coin toss vs. aAa, I think everyone looks like an underdog next to Fnatic right now.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
I've always kinda hated on Reginald for his big ego, but the dude is pretty sick. This Annie play is incredible. Annie tower dives all day and gets out fine.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I am so happy to see TRM finally go Teemo.
The picks in general this game make me so happy.
If they had Westrice on Akali or Doublelift on Blitz/Poppy would be the only thing making it better.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Wow observer mode looks amazing. Didn't expect to be flooded with SO MUCH information.

EDIT: It's pretty cool to see which teams get Aegis and which don't.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
get at you for what? saying that E first Ashe is good months and months ago and suddenly someone uses it once and you're a genius? getting at you really isn't worth my time nor this thread's time.
Sarcasm bro, learn to detect it. So much for me being the idiot.

Top Bottom