• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
That was a pretty slick play by aAa getting in TSM's jungle like that. If TSM had just gone in and backdoored their towers though I think they woulda won lol. Could have just chewed up the innermost towers, gotten the inhibs, and then taken jungle control right after.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
tell that to chad.

What's up homies??? Anyone need a jungler??? =O

:phone:
Evan, where ya been at bro? I rose up to the mid 1300s while you were gone :)
Sivir kinda seems like the worst character in the game to me.
Either her or Yi.

But fed Yi is an absolute monster, so idk.
You shut your dirty mouth. A fed Sivir has absolutely nuts damage output, no way she's the worst.

Let's all stop beating around the bush here. Twitch is undoubtedly the worse. We all know this to be true.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Rumble vs vlad mid o.O
Glad I see a cait but she didn't have much presence in the team fight it seems.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Rumble vs vlad mid o.O
Glad I see a cait but she didn't have much presence in the team fight it seems.

That Rumble ***** Regi's Vlad. Killed him early, and even when Regi got a kill back later he was still behind by 30 cs. Rumble FotM incoming, shortly followed by even more Rumble QQ
That Rumble was just too good, also loved the Malzhar ward hopping.
I used to do that when I played solo top Lux. Fun stuff :)

N64

Smash Champion
guhhhhhhhh. 5-6 minutes into Phreak commentary, already getting a headache. I really liked the other commentators : (

Can he stop being not-quite-playfully condescending to these Top 8 in the world team players? Or how about stop inserting random, incorrect words into his sentences? Every time he describes something with no random elements as random or something that came at a cost as free, I cringe. And can he commentate on the match instead of commentating about his own commentating? Guhhhhhh Phreak. Make champion spotlights, be a figurehead for Riot, that's fine. Just stop commentating.

Edit: **** it. Muting.

Double edit: While I'm ranting, would like to not see disconnects in Season Championship matches. This should not happen if you have control of all the equipment and want your game finals to be taken seriously.
I think that has essentially doomed this game for EG. Instead of getting 1-3 kills mid, Vayne gets -5 minutes of farm and exp. And literally everything matters in these matches.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
EG is getting rolled. Pretty obvious they got severely outpicked this game.
You sir were not paying attention. Westrice disconnected for upwards of four minutes, which is ludicrous considering Riot should have that entire environment under control. That disconnect lost them the game, without a doubt, and it's outrageous that Riot isn't even going to remake the game.

I don't even want to watch the rest of the tourney. That's just complete bs. It's not EG's fault Riot can't make a stable connection and yet they get an automatic loss because of it. I'm actually pretty disgusted right now.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
That was only part of the problem. I did see the DC, but that didn't make them lose every other lane...
I disagree in that it's not possible to know what would have happened if that disconnect hadn't happened. It looked like he was on his way to gank mid - maybe that would have netted a couple kills for EG and started a snowball. Maybe him staying connected wouldn't have made a difference. It's impossible to know, which is why it's so ridiculous that A) Riot can't keep people connected in the most important even they've had to date and B) They aren't even making amends for it.

Wrath`

Smash Master
That 5 minutes would have made the game much much more even, I mean Vayne had that early gank on Amumu, I am sure her presence would not have ended there

john!

Smash Hero
vayne missed a potential triple kill because of the disconnect. riot's tournament server/software is ****ed up, and they won't admit it. pathetic.

not surprised that clg lost though, all they do is play solo queue and hardly practice.

Midnite

Smash Cadet
NNID
AurumMidnite
Jarmander was too good.

CLG vs FNaticMSI first round... kinda shocked me that HSGG was the only one who got kills on his team, and only two. :/

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I'm on my hugest losing streak in at least 2 months. I love Vayne's damage output, but without someone to hide behind she just gets mutilated, and apparently people aren't good at standing there for me to hide behind :/

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
can y'all explain to me why GP's bad?

I started playing like 2 months ago and so I only know they took out GP's deny. did they nerf anything else about him?

solecalibur

Smash Master
He isn't a pirate anymore if I can't kill my friends hiemer turrets or temmos shrooms. I also do not like his Q getting nerfed either as its quicker but does less damage.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
everyone else does stuff better than him for the most part
ulti pretty bad

none of his moves are that good. hes just mediocre at everything

Midnite

Smash Cadet
NNID
AurumMidnite
Yup. The changes on him were pretty much unecessary nerfs.
Same thing with Fiddlesticks' nerfs, honestly, which were added at the same time as GP's changes, iirc.

Turazrok

Smash Master
**** riot. Can't keep their pants clean during their own event. Westrice dc disappoint son

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
People are saying max E first Ashe is genius now? LOL. Hey Mogwai, get at me bro.
get at you for what? saying that E first Ashe is good months and months ago and suddenly someone uses it once and you're a genius? getting at you really isn't worth my time nor this thread's time.

p.s. I hear Jarman isn't actually a top tier jungler and that I was a scrub for jungling with him for the first month after his release. no need to get at me bro.

p.p.s. GP is secretly very strong. Don't let people tell you otherwise.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
do you guys choose random games to join or always have buddy's to partner up with? Im tired of being with partners with noobs or leavers :(

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
If they decide to get their **** together and practice as a team to develop some coordination... and if they think through teamcomps, there's a chance.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
EG vs TSM makes me kind of sad. I'm not unhappy whichever wins, though I think TSM stands a better chance of winning. It looked like they just kind of lost their heads, I stopped watching 8 minutes into match 3 because it seemed to me like they were being stupidly aggressive to try and make up for losing game 2.

And it's not really that I'm against EU winning I am just familiar with the American players and I'm a fan of several of them, so I wanna see them succeed :D

Evanms

Smash Journeyman
EVAN. I missed youuuu.

can we do ranked 5s again and actually win now?
All the jungles will belong to me.

I hear my nunu is getting nerfed? Np though, riot ain't got **** on my ninja rammus 35 flat armor page.

Where can I watch the dreamhack replays??? And what re the standings?

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
CLG's success is entirely based off of the pure ability to play the game well of each player on their team.
Teams that have individually weaker players can and have beaten them because the other teams actually practice together.

If CLG wants to be at the top they need to actually practice. Solo que is great and all, but its not helping their teamwork any.

Turazrok

Smash Master
All the jungles will belong to me.

I hear my nunu is getting nerfed? Np though, riot ain't got **** on my ninja rammus 35 flat armor page.

Where can I watch the dreamhack replays??? And what re the standings?
On the page they rebroadcast the earlier ones.

Right now america is in losers. It's aAa vs FNatic for winner's finals

TSM vs EG for loser's.

Top Bottom