• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
CLG seems to slowly be building a gold advantage, and now Lee Sin committing his team to a poor fight at Baron seems to just be extending CLG's lead further.
There's just no way to really steal a baron without your own smite or feast against a Nunu.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Yeah, they're getting a little desperate and making bad decisions. Looks like CLG will be making it to the bracket round. EG looks like the powerhouse atm.

Chauster taking a ton of tower damage to try to pick Lee Sin instead of taking that tower -_- Good thing Taric and Nid is there, haha.

It's over. The Lee initiated way too early at that last Baron fight while his team was out of position so they couldn't get the focus fire they needed on Ashe w/ the Nid and Taric heals.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Xan just said that the big mistake was giving Hotshot Nidalee.
Funny that they are the only team that have made that mistake this entire tournament both at Dreamhack and the qualifiers, and really pay for it.

They just put far too much resources into trying to stop Nidalee, but they even admitted that they just couldn't stop her at all.

And from TSM vs Gamed!de they just let theoddone take Nunu, which is another thing I would try to avoid. Personally I would have preferred to give Reginald one of his champs over theoddone getting Nunu.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Well there first two bans were directed directly towards Reginald with Zilean and Vlad.
Actually, the more that I think about it I really don't understand their bans.
TF changes the way they have to play the game, and imo is far more frightening than Zilean or Vlad. Then they give theoddone Nunu too.

EDIT:
TSM seems to be getting a gold advantage over time, which is going to probably snowball considering they have Vayne and TF running around.

N64

Smash Champion
Yeah, I think I underestimated the presence of TheOddOne's Nunu. Both are putting on decent pressure.

This is pretty tense. I'm tense at least.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
champions who make the other teams jungler or solo come to 2v1 them are pretty strong

nidalee drew the solo mid lane to top and still didnt die 2v1

singed just did whatever he wanted top, even with alistar and karthus top

and oh my god
gamed blew everything on singed. that was awful..

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
You just can't kill Singed.
Like ever. He just reaches a point where he's virtually impossible to kill and they were still trying to beat him down.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I want to try out jungle alistar now, even though they lost

Why did alistar go straight ap though? And a more general question, what factors should I looking for when deciding what to build? Did the alistar think having more damage output was mor eimportant or did he think that his r was enough for the damage output by TSM?

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
you cant kill singed if:

your team is 4 ap and ashe, who isnt even high dps ad..
and singed get fon cata and another neg cloak. then singed ulted and you use all cc on him, get him to half health, and just get destroyed

kassadin needed to kill tf in lane. i dont really know why that didnt happen, he bursted him down to half health with qre. just do it again and force him out. imo nunu needs to be nerfed, its too easy to get early oracles and keep jungling while completely taking map control

Silhouette

Smash Lord
TIL theres a section on swf for LoL, tight.
Still pretty new, only lv 22 so far, watching through champs and getting better through osmosis.

Tag: SiLMcCloud
Champs: Rumble, Ashe, Alistar, Nunu

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Expect the first round of nerfs to be completely off the mark, then the next set hits the right things but a little hard, and then even farther in the future they tweak his numbers upwards again, lol.

I personally call it the Vayne treatment: "let's nerf her true damage... ITS FLAT BASE DAMAGE THAT IS, TROLOLOLOL!"

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
i dont know how the hell they balance these champions.

like 4/5 people who play the game know the problem with a champion, but somehow the problem is never fixed

and random annie buffs dear lord?

also i seriously think they make new champs op to get more money
vayne nocturne rumble and orianna were all ridiculously strong or still are.
while older champs become relegated to nothing

solecalibur

Smash Master
Where r u getting this info? I'm hearing rumors here and there but u seem to have the patch notes on hand

:phone:

Frolossus

Smash Lord
i dont know how the hell they balance these champions.

like 4/5 people who play the game know the problem with a champion, but somehow the problem is never fixed

and random annie buffs dear lord?

also i seriously think they make new champs op to get more money
vayne nocturne rumble and orianna were all ridiculously strong or still are.
while older champs become relegated to nothing
lolno
think of like
swain/lux/irelia/cait/karma/lee sin/malz/tree
and a few others were all considered fairly crappy at release

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
i think annie needs a nerf..

if she can flash under the tower, take tower agro, and burst me down from full health when im lvl 9 and shes lvl 8, something is wrong.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
The Nunu nerfs are directed towards limiting his clear jungle dominance. His level 18 will be untouched or so says Phreak. So it looks like it's number tweaks on the early ranks of his abilities.

solecalibur

Smash Master
i think annie needs a nerf..

if she can flash under the tower, take tower agro, and burst me down from full health when im lvl 9 and shes lvl 8, something is wrong.
Leblanc can do all that but without flash and her distortion as well
Nukes are gonna nuke

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Climbing slowly in solo queue, but I don't think I can win more than 55% of my games, no matter what I do. This is what my losses look like.

Top Bottom