• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Abel1994

Smash Lord
Udyr looks cool and since no one uses him i wana buy him lol 4.8k ip so far was going to save up for renekton xD

Youtube time!

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
wriggles -> triforce

EWEQER -> R > E > Q > W

21/0/9

w/e on runepage as long as it's generically strong for jungling. I ran the vamp scepter opening on wolves with my standard AD speed clear page (armor yellows, mres/level blues, mix of AD/ArPen/AS on Reds/Quints) and it was ezpz. Elementz runs AS on every single rune slot and opens boots + 3 pots and starts at golem (yes, he can take blue with 0 in defensive tree and no armor on seals opening BOOTS. This is because his passive's stacking DoT is ****ing crazy as **** when you can just stand there and attack someone).

when you get redbuff, gank lanes with E to open, run up, Q (applies red and first tick of your passive), chase their flash, W their CC, and just kill them. It's really really really really really really really ******** and easy and you can typically chase a flash and towerdive to kill because of how much you're slowing them, how much damage you do with no items (it's a ****ing ton), and how resilient you are vs. CC under a tower (just eat an orange, PROBLEM SOLVED).

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
wriggles -> triforce

EWEQER -> R > E > Q > W

21/0/9

w/e on runepage as long as it's generically strong for jungling. I ran the vamp scepter opening on wolves with my standard AD speed clear page (armor yellows, mres/level blues, mix of AD/ArPen/AS on Reds/Quints) and it was ezpz. Elementz runs AS on every single rune slot and opens boots + 3 pots and starts at golem (yes, he can take blue with 0 in defensive tree and no armor on seals opening BOOTS. This is because his passive's stacking DoT is ****ing crazy as **** when you can just stand there and attack someone).

when you get redbuff, gank lanes with E to open, run up, Q (applies red and first tick of your passive), chase their flash, W their CC, and just kill them. It's really really really really really really really ******** and easy and you can typically chase a flash and towerdive to kill because of how much you're slowing them, how much damage you do with no items (it's a ****ing ton), and how resilient you are vs. CC under a tower (just eat an orange, PROBLEM SOLVED).
atmogs plank laughs at your tower damage anyway. And if you're purple team and you have a benevolent jungler, solo top plank should be snagging lizard buff for all sorts of mean-ness

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
I mean, we laugh and all...

But that really is an Appeal to Authority Fallacy and one more and you're permanently banned from the Debate Hall :mad088:

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I'm not liking how vlad and vayne are still really good =(
I think both of their kits just make them innately strong. Vayne's passive and Tumble are already strong features for a carry, and when you add the rest of her kit I don't see her getting that weak.

wriggles -> triforce

EWEQER -> R > E > Q > W

21/0/9

This makes want to try Pirate

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I mean, we laugh and all...

But that really is an Appeal to Authority Fallacy and one more and you're permanently banned from the Debate Hall :mad088:
At level 6, Jax's ultimate does 140 damage every 3 hits. That's a net 46.7 damage/hit.
At level 6, GP's PASSIVE does 9 damage/hit that stacks with itself up to 5 times, which means fully charged, it does 45 damage/hit

At level 18, Jax's ultimate does 210 damage every 3 hits. That's a net 70 damage/hit
At level 18, GP's PASSIVE does 21 damage/hit that stacks with itself up to 5 times, which means fully charged, it does 105 damage/hit

There's more going on here, they're different characters, with different kits. Jax's ult scales at a 0.233 AP ratio per hit and also applies an attack speed buff and now has a wonky MRes active tacked on there for no apparent reason, but in the same breath, GP's PASSIVE also applies a stacking 7-35% slow to his attacks, can be applied from a range with Parley and OH YEA, IT'S ALSO A ****ING 3 SECOND DOT (meaning the damage disparity gets even stupider if you assume the opponent can disengage you momentarily). THIS IS AN ULT VS. A PASSIVE PEOPLE. A PASSIVE. SOMETHING YOU DON'T EVEN PUT POINTS INTO. AND THAT YOU START THE GAME WITH.

tl;dr Pirate's passive is debatably better than Jax's ultimate. The fact that this is even debatable is a ****ing joke.

Not to mention he has a 68 Damage, 37% Movespeed Steroid that also gives teammates 15% MS and 26 Damage. (by most gold analysis metrics, this is a significantly stronger team steroid than pre-nerf Jarman standard)

I can stay in debate room?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The fact that it slows/stacks slow is kinda dumb. I wish Jax could slow lol.

_Dice

Smash Ace
Yorick is great when played as pure support and ignoring everything that he is susposed to do according to riot and going CDR and using W and R only (pretty much). His ult is "better" than zileans in that it's good for more than one thing it's worse at the revive thing than zil though. he's also good at just blatently pure AD. since he stays in lane longer than vlad when played right (O_O) he can farm like crazy. but thats about it.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
i feel like buying Udyr
is he good?
is he a attacker or tank?
good? no. I mean, you'll be able to do fine with him because you're still just learning the game, but he's considered a fairly weak pick in competitive play right now.

he's a tanky attacking guy who's hard to kill and still hits very hard. but he gets destroyed by people running away from him.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yorick is great when played as pure support and ignoring everything that he is susposed to do according to riot and going CDR and using W and R only (pretty much). His ult is "better" than zileans in that it's good for more than one thing it's worse at the revive thing than zil though. he's also good at just blatently pure AD. since he stays in lane longer than vlad when played right (O_O) he can farm like crazy. but thats about it.
His ult is worse than Zileans. While you can clone someone and have the clone attack, the clone is fairly weak. Health on a timer ****s it over so hard.

good? no. I mean, you'll be able to do fine with him because you're still just learning the game, but he's considered a fairly weak pick in competitive play right now.

he's a tanky attacking guy who's hard to kill and still hits very hard. but he gets destroyed by people running away from him.
AKA If you have hard CC and the ability to kite, makes Udyr a sad panda.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I thought the same thing when I read the notes. Which is why I didn't think he'd be out of this world bonkers, just extremely strong.

Then I play jungleplank. Then I see the 2nd tick on golem:

@_@ <-- my face
Ok oh... well then...

@_@
@_@
@_@
@_@
@_@

D

Deleted member

@mogwai

what is ur preferred build with jarvan nowadays?

i go 21-0-9 (greed)

philo-HoG-boots-brutalizer-

then im unsure of what to build, or even if brutalizer is optimal

sometimes i do atmogs --> FoN

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
0-21-9 (you're in the middle of everything, I don't care how much damage you gain from offensive tree, there's no way it outperforms defensive tree unless you're speed jungling and need it for the clear time). 0-9-21 is also acceptable.

Philo -> boots -> bruta -> mog's -> atma's -> FoN -> Trinity and Ghostblade

Brutalizer is optimal for early game damage output, it gives you everything you want. I'm still of the opinion that HoG is a waste because there's like, no lane where Jarman should be getting 100 CS later than 15 minutes, so you can just say f' it and go straight for the mogs without wasting time sitting on an item that builds into something that you don't want most of the time (not a big fan of Omen on Jarman). Feel free to HoG if you can't get a lot of farm for whatever reason, but I just find it so easy to go for a big-ticket item with the amount of gold you can get playing Jarman that I can't justify it to myself.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
Now gimme pro n con on Renekton

I saved up for him (only 5.1k ip so far)
I just wana know how good he is since i love nasus lol

D

Deleted member

@mogwai (sorry lol)

just wondering what runes u use

i lack rune pages so im using my jungling page (atk speed reds, flat armor, scaling magic resist blues, armor pen quints)

and i run flash ignite

opinions??

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
yay for GP buffs :)

is heal reduction really taken away?
@_@ plz read thread. Last few pages I've been trying to explain why he's probably the #1 character in the game after this thread.

Now gimme pro n con on Renekton

I saved up for him (only 5.1k ip so far)
I just wana know how good he is since i love nasus lol
uhhh, he's kind in the same boat as udyr, but his innate damage is lower, but scales better with items. Unfortunately this means he has to sacrifice his defensive itemization in order to do necessary damage to be effective, so he's not really popular because his mid game always feels either too weak offensively or too squishy since he can't itemize both quickly enough.

@mogwai (sorry lol)

just wondering what runes u use

i lack rune pages so im using my jungling page (atk speed reds, flat armor, scaling magic resist blues, armor pen quints)

and i run flash ignite

opinions??
ArPen quints and marks, Dodge Yellows (Armor is fine too, but I like dodge to maximize nimbleness procs), MRes/level Blues.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
The important part about GP's passive now is the stacking slow... if the damage is what bethers you, what if it were to be removed entirely?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Well it's a combination of the two. Extra damage means jungling is legit. Extra slow means he can chase someone down and get more passive damage as well (along with more hits if you have red buff, to slow them even further.)

MacD

Banned via Administration
omg, just solo'd top as irelia against the new GP

we tied kills at 6, after that, it just went down hill, i couldn't farm without taking half my health, i couldn't harass him cause of the slow/cleanse. just overall painful

can't wait for him to get nerfed

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
If he weren't doing a free 20-105 damage/hit, he would not be broken. The slow is strong, the damage is unreasonably strong, both together are completely OP for a passive.

GP has the problem that Riot likes to refer to as "too many stats for free." He doesn't necessarily have a giant mechanics problem, he just has overwhelmingly powerful numbers that make him crazy strong.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah the passive is a bit much. Besides the Jax comparison, it overall feels like something that should take up a spell slot. Stacking Slow and damage like a Teemo poision hit slot.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
If he weren't doing a free 20-105 damage/hit, he would not be broken. The slow is strong, the damage is unreasonably strong, both together are completely OP for a passive.

GP has the problem that Riot likes to refer to as "too many stats for free." He doesn't necessarily have a giant mechanics problem, he just has overwhelmingly powerful numbers that make him crazy strong.
probably true.

after all, grog soaked blade seems better than raise morale right now . . .

Abel1994

Smash Lord
32/12/7 with olaf on a 3v3

WE LOST!!!

Like we doing so good in biggining (partners r noob)
all 3 of the other guys ran to our last turret and hit it while im dead i yell kill the people but they went after the minions n we lost -_- seriously i hate noob partners.

My partner was Yi and the fire guy

I told them lets kill ryze first since he is the smartest on out of those 3 but they kept attacking a different guy while all 3 of them attacked only me then yea! WE LOST!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
probably true.

after all, grog soaked blade seems better than raise morale right now . . .
Well, that depends. Grog soaked blade also scales with Raise Morale loooool. More MVS means better chance for slowing them initially and keeping up with them if they flash or ghost. AD makes him hit harder, AS makes him proc passive more.

God damn they didn't think about this passive change did they?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I really think the issue is the damage stacking on it. Like, their thought process went along the lines of, "hey, GP has problems cuz no CC, let's give him slow so he can do stuff!" But the problem is that he has perma CC along with a perma steroid that makes him impossible to stand toe to toe with. @_@ if you tone the free damage output he gets down and shift around some of his base stats and stat growth, he'd be a fair character, but as is, his stats are incredibly frontloaded towards the early levels and meanwhile he has unbelievably good double steroid from passive + Raise Morale.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah. Just the way everything scales with everything is annoying. Damage AS MVS slow stacking etc.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm not sure I understand why Udyr is considered Up right now. I suppose I don't play many people who know how to counter him. I wreck kids with him every single game I play him.

Top Bottom