• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
1/19/10 Masteries with Ghost/Smite.
Is 5 gold in smite mastery really worth the trade over 4% damage reduction in defense?

Let's say you use smite once every 60 seconds for a 30 minute game. How much gold is that? 30 x 5 gold = 150 gold earned.

Imo, 150 extra gold (or even 300 for a 60min game) is not worth it over 4% flat out dmg reduction.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Is 5 gold in smite mastery really worth the trade over 4% damage reduction in defense?

Let's say you use smite once every 60 seconds for a 30 minute game. How much gold is that? 30 x 5 gold = 150 gold earned.

Imo, 150 extra gold (or even 300 for a 60min game) is not worth it over 4% flat out dmg reduction.
You're trading 5g/smite, Smite CD redux, and buff duration (!!) for 4% damage reduction.

Depending on the jungler that extra buff duration can be absolutely huge.

Early game the CC redux and buff duration wins out. Mid/late the 4% damage redux wins. It's really a matter of how fast you plan on winning, I guess.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I wouldn't run that far in defense for jungleplank. He benefits more from Utility and offense.

Havok IIRC increases the damage of his passive. Which is significant.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
Vs Akali, Vayne, and Anivia as your team? Makes sense tbh, your team could only win by splitpushing.
totally not true lol

why do people think "we cant win teamfights so we can win by split pushing"

the i laned against akali and denied the **** out of her. i had 4 times her creeps and 2 kills

we didnt lose cause we had no damage or cause they had more damage.

no. they won cause roaming eve went 0-5 and kept getting one shot, and rumble comes mid and pushes the lane while raging at gangplank for being bad

also akali scales worse than any champion on our team, and gp scaling is ridiculous. not team comp, its stupid people

u cant look at a 5v5 and assume that people got equal amounts of farm and got their core items, and THEN fighting took place.

Its like when u play a team with 4 carries and a ww and u say "oh free win" and then u get ***** in laning and get dominated. "but they had no tank!!" well all 5 of their champions were tankier than our tank cause they got fed

tl:dr im a sad panda

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
you do not main kat

get the **** out

MacD, shame this man

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
so I finally decided to join the SWF LoL chat :D

can I be added to the OP?

LoL Tag: Connuh
LoL Mains: Gangplank

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
So I just started playing LoL after trying it and not really giving it a chance the first time. Man I like it 10x better now. Dunno why haha.

I don't really understand the whole runes and mastery stuff. Anyone care to explain?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
So I just started playing LoL after trying it and not really giving it a chance the first time. Man I like it 10x better now. Dunno why haha.

I don't really understand the whole runes and mastery stuff. Anyone care to explain?
Additional customization of your ingame performance. Don't bother with Runes until level 20, and masteries aren't going to impact you much for the first few levels, so just throw it into whatever you think is useful for you.
-DD

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
Finally finished installing >_>
I'm at my aunt's house and that **** took forever to download. Now to wait for the game to patch. UGHHHH

Gifts

¡Me gusta tejer!
Additional customization of your ingame performance. Don't bother with Runes until level 20, and masteries aren't going to impact you much for the first few levels, so just throw it into whatever you think is useful for you.
-DD
Ahh ty I sort of read up on it too. Much appreciated. <3

D

Deleted member

i still dont get w till last 5 levels (probably bad), i think 1 early on is optimal probably

but when u slow stragglers and they are running away your auto attacks are really noticable, like 250 damage per hit

D

Deleted member

yeah Ws probably good with tower last hits but im too cocky and wanna do sick last hit tricks without it lol

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Hate TF. sooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH. It used to be a contest for who my least favorite champion was but he takes the cake easily. Complete map presence at the touch of a button is the most infuriating thing on Earth - and no, I'm not talking about over-extending in a lane and getting ganked, I'm talking about how he determines the terms of any push or defend at the click of a button.

Oh, you're defending against us 5v5 bottom? Let me just port up and take top tower for free while my team backs away.

One of the many examples of how awful he is to play against. Argh, it's bs that I have to go to ranked games just to play a game I enjoy. I really hope they release draft normal mode in Season 2 -_-

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Play as him instead. He'll become your favorite champ. :)

magpen reds
scaling mp5 yellows
scaling ap blues
ap quints

boots+pots

mid lane

WQEQQR
R>Q>W>E

Flash/teleport

Don't try to get first blood in your lane. Just last hit with blue cards to keep your mana high. Don't spam wild cards until level 4 at least, as the first rank doesn't do much damage. The exception is that you need to find out how your lane opponent will juke, so throw a few here and there to see what his reactions are like. Later, you need to land them on him consistently.

B when you hit 1260 gold for a sheen.

From there, your build is Mercs/Ionian boots -> 2 blasting wands - > cap -> lich bane.

From there, you'll have to be flexible. Keep stacking AP with zhonyas, rylais, abyssal or whatever feels right for the game. I find a banshee's to be super valuable.

Use your teleport quickly on cooldown. Don't be afraid to use that cooldown to farm 2 waves on top while no one can react, and then B again. 300 gold is nothing to scoff at. It adds up like crazy. If the game is rather quiet, I'll even use my ult for the same thing. Tele top, farm, Ult to bot right when they show up, farm that, then B. Buy a blasting wand just from that gold. :)

Tricks:
you can activate ult, gate, and then charge your gold card while you are teleporting. you don't need to lock it in first.
Pull blue cards at tower to activate sheen while you are pushing. Hit W once to get a sheen proc. let it cycle twice, and then pull blue card to activate a second sheen proc. all on one spell. then throw a wild card after 2 seconds while you are on cooldown. 3 sheen procs every 7 seconds. you'll shred towers.
when trying to clear a creep wave that is still liined up, throw a red card at the second minion, then wild card the pack. all 6 will die instantly. (assuming 300ish AP or more.)
When ganking with ult, if possible gate into a bush, so they don't have 2 second to react.
When ganking with ult, while you are gating in, spam right click on the champ you want to gold card. otherwise, you might auto attack a minion, wasting your stun and sheen proc damage.

Top Bottom