• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Nice.

Hey Dastrn, just play JunglePlank and carry. It's SO easy and you only play OP champs anyways.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
We carried his *** anyways. I almost had a quadra there with my udyr, but singed got away.

I could try jungle plank. How's it go?

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
cut everything in the jungle until it all dies. (21/0/9, something offensivish for runes (seriously, it barely matters), open something with hp pots (odd one opens boots, lol) if starting blue golem or open vamp scepter and run through Small Camps first, EWEQ -> R > E > Q > W, wriggle's -> zerker's -> triforce -> tank)

In other news I played a ranked 5s game last night where we fed an MF a pentakill and then still won the game, lawl. Triforce + Gunblade + Nashor's Tooth + Spirit Visage + GA + Mercs WW 2 strong.

Falcinho

Smash Ace
q not before lvl 4?

with the runes i use it barely makes a difference if i go q over e at lvl 1 (if i use q immediately after autoattacks to maximize effectiveness)

I can see maxing e is more important than q, but why not take the extra lasthit gold from lvl 1
unless you have a full as runepage and e probably gets reasonably stronger at lvl 1

btw right now i use as reds and blues, armor yellows and either flat hp or arpen quints

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
You probably won't be ganking until lvl 4 anyways, so you don't really need your ranged Q when E boosts your AD enough to sweep through the jungle easily. Better to grab fruit at level 2 to heal yourself/guard against invaders with CC than get a little bit additional damage.

Falcinho

Smash Ace
my point is the extra gold

if i start at blue, then clear the small camps i can usually lasthit like every creep with q except 1-2 if they die to a crit + passive before parrrley comes out

thats about a ward more than the enemy jungler has, after clearing your jungle for the first time

again if you have a better rune page for gp and it speeds your jungle up reasonably i can see picking up q at lvl 4 to be fine

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Regarding where to start in the jungle in general:

I start at blue with all of my junglers. I play Nocturne, Udyr, Nunu, Rammus, Mummy, and Xin Zhao. Nunu is the only half-exception, as I take middle wolf before blue even pops. I used to jungle warwick a bit, but I haven't played him much in the last 3-4 months.

I frequently invade other jungles quickly. Recently, I've been going straight from my own blue to the opposing team's small golems, and then either messing with his wraiths if he's slow, or just resuming my jungle back to wolves, wraiths, etc. Sometimes, I'll go from my blue to his WRAITHS first, and then do his small golems, then my wolves, wraiths, etc.

What I don't ever do is start on small golems or anywhere else. What other paths should I be considering, and what are their advantages? I clear so fast with blue first, so I can't imagine another route being much better. I've seen some of theOddOne's videos showing small golem first paths that catch each camp right as it pops, and it seems like a pretty good sustained jungle path if you want to rush 6. But I frequently gank at level 2 or 3 if I see a chance to either get a first blood or waste my opponent's flash. I don't like to stay in jungle forever when there are obvious gank opportunities. Hence, I don't need to min/max a jungle route. I just need to be strong quickly, invade often, be flexible with where I can gank, and keep my cs high.

Any wisdom from you other guys that spend a lot of time in the jungle?

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Triple Kill Soraka... Frolossus is my witness. It was glorious.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Regarding where to start in the jungle in general:

I start at blue with all of my junglers. I play Nocturne, Udyr, Nunu, Rammus, Mummy, and Xin Zhao. Nunu is the only half-exception, as I take middle wolf before blue even pops. I used to jungle warwick a bit, but I haven't played him much in the last 3-4 months.

I frequently invade other jungles quickly. Recently, I've been going straight from my own blue to the opposing team's small golems, and then either messing with his wraiths if he's slow, or just resuming my jungle back to wolves, wraiths, etc. Sometimes, I'll go from my blue to his WRAITHS first, and then do his small golems, then my wolves, wraiths, etc.

What I don't ever do is start on small golems or anywhere else. What other paths should I be considering, and what are their advantages? I clear so fast with blue first, so I can't imagine another route being much better. I've seen some of theOddOne's videos showing small golem first paths that catch each camp right as it pops, and it seems like a pretty good sustained jungle path if you want to rush 6. But I frequently gank at level 2 or 3 if I see a chance to either get a first blood or waste my opponent's flash. I don't like to stay in jungle forever when there are obvious gank opportunities. Hence, I don't need to min/max a jungle route. I just need to be strong quickly, invade often, be flexible with where I can gank, and keep my cs high.

Any wisdom from you other guys that spend a lot of time in the jungle?
it's character dependent. I'd say you should probably learn multiple routes per jungler and should specifically be learning philostone openings on the tankier guys, as that's all the rage right now and would probably work with a roaming around gank heavy style.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Morgana - what are your thoughts? Is she still viable after the Zhonya split? It it possible to justify her taking a solo lane over another ap carry?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ideally, no (for taking the solo over the AP carry, unless it's a ******** MU).

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Not many champs want it. If a champ wants AP and AS, they will probably turn to Rageblade. The other stats you can easily forgo if need be.

Even if you DO get it, it would definitely be after 1-2 big items. Kayle is better off with rage blade and gun blade before Nashor. Teemo doesn't need it, Jax and Akali definitely don't, etc. The item is too split on the stats it gives, and there aren't enough champs that want that mix of stats to use it over something more specific.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
With morgana it would probably be better to either roam or support bot.

I see four ****ty feeder noobs.

edit: and a team who should have lost due to an hour long game with leblanc but was not able to do so due to the above condition

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
I got off to a bad start and couldn't recover. Game crashed, got to top lane against a Vlad three levels higher than me. Got ganked by Vlad/Garen combo multiple times. Very sad. But ahhh... Nephene trolls too hard. Goes bot lane with support, refused to buy GP5 items, took farm that Ezreal needed. Wouldn't come push lanes with the team. Kept screaming "IM GONNA DIE" in vent. :/

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Brazilians lost me another solo queue game just now. They wouldn't ban plank, then took trynda and refused to farm. Then the vlad (2nd brazilian duo queue'd with the first) fed 12 deaths. Every time he'd die, he'd say "noob team" in all chat. he would be way over extended, get caught, and then ashe would rescue him with a super pro arrow and he'd get away and then RUN BACK IN, die, and say "noob team."

I'm going to start using the word brazilian the way racist people use the word "jew".

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Saw dastrn had last post.

Bet friend $5 dastrn was complaining about losing a game because of his teammates.

Win $5.

Thanks Dastrn!

Turazrok

Smash Master
I'm surprised how easy it is to get away with the same rune page for everything.

I have 3

MPen reds, health quints, mp5/lvl yellows, cdr blue
Arpen reds, arpen quints, flat armor yellows, mres/lvl blues
mpen reds, health quints flat armor yellows, mres/lvl blues

I do wish I had more runes/pages tho, although that has me covered for most everything.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
hey look a played with a bad kid in solo queue and lost another game

im gonna make a post about it

and also a thread in lol gen discussion just cause i care that much about telling everyone

hue hue

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
hey look a played with a bad kid in solo queue and lost another game

im gonna make a post about it

and also a thread in lol gen discussion just cause i care that much about telling everyone

hue hue
why do you exist? Like on the planet.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
i exist to go work at boeing and save the world one day

and to lol at u ROFL

and i can do both cuz im stylin brahhh

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
safeheaven, if you have nothing to contribute to this thread, then stop posting.

Infractions will be handed out after this post.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
Going through Tribunal cases. First thing in the chat log is :

Seraƒ[All] [21:48:40]: WOMBO COMBO
Seraƒ[All] [21:48:42]: WHER U AT
Seraƒ[All] [21:48:44]: WHERE U ATTT
Zane32388[All] [21:48:52]: THAT AINT FALCO!!

neither of them were the ones being reported, but I thought it was funny.

while I'm here, I should probably update my tag is actually "Caleb Wolfbrand" (I misunderstood when I posted first) and that my mains are Jarvan, Rumble, Cho Gath, and Soraka.

Top Bottom