• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Wickd farm so hard. Note items and game time lol

http://gyazo.com/ab209c201861cb8afce142ad59d2a8b8.png
WOW, that's insane
They got 2 drakes I think.

He max E as ashe bot lane. Every last hit was +5 gold. Got 14min IE and steamrolled from there :p
That's...that's pure genius. Was this a tourney match or solo queue?
COMMANDO LUX

:O

Someone grab me a box of Kleenex post haste - I need some alone time.
Commando lux. My body is ready.
BACK OFF SHE'S MINE

Abel1994

Smash Lord
it was 4:00 a.m. and I just was so tired i fell asleep n my cpu battery died out in game :(
so yea i got suspended for leaving

N64

Smash Champion
No worries, max E first ashe is still terrible. Have fun saccing your early game presence for 200-300 extra gold by mid game.

Also new trynd skin has the coolest sword of any of his skins.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I support maxing E in solo que because I'm the only person I can trust to actually be warding objectives and I don't want to sacrifice my build at the same time.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
People are saying max E first Ashe is genius now? LOL. Hey Mogwai, get at me bro.
Way to pull things out of context. This isn't exactly what I said Wickd did.

Phreak said:
Jarvan just does too many things too well. He's very much a "generalist" where he has some sustain, some burst, some tank, some mobility. He kind of does have "it all." We're lowering damage/stat numbers, such that he feels the same, just is slightly less potent.

Source: http://clgaming.net/redtracker/topic/6742/?p=1

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Wow uh, so ya know how I quit the game? Well, the reason I decided to just stop playing instead of wait and hope things get better is because I felt that Morello's balance philosophy was at fault and no matter how hard I tried I knew that I wouldn't be able to change it.

But... Morello posted in my thread. And I honestly think that given the responses people are having to what I posted (a lot of "yeah, Ive been wondering why I havent had fun anymore, you're right") and their replys to HIS post too... I think that he could seriously start paying attention.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
To be fair, the reason I said it was genius is because I assumed it was in a tournment environment. I wouldn't dare try that in a solo queue game

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I just played on what was probably the most beautiful comp I've ever been a part of - Jungle Mumu, Miss Fortune (me), Jarman, Ryze, and Vlad. I cried manly tears of joy when I saw it. We won decisively

And I'm officially past 1350 :) You know, games at this level are so much more...rewarding. There are still occasional games where someone feeds ridiculously, but for the most part it's beginning to be a match of wit and strategy. I really like it.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
@Zac

While I still go 0-21-9 or 1-21-8 a large majority of the time on Shen. I don't find his ult at 6 to be very strong anymore. If I don't think I need my ult as fast and I'm still a solo lane I've run 9-21-0.

I almost feel like Shen's ult lvl 6 is more of an initiate (ie you ult as they attack) rather than a save. His 2nd level is a lot better for saving imo.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Aye. If you are solo lane Shen then I can see the ok for not needed +5% exp mastery.

But like you said, his ult really isn't useful until rank 2. Again, +5% exp mastery helps achieve this goal a lot quicker.

If your team understands that they need to team fight right as their champs hit the crucial levels (6, 11, 16) then you will do much better and probably win those team fights. Example, Caitlyn's rank 1 ult only does 250, which isn't much of a threat. At rank 2 it does 475, which is easily half or one-third a carry's HP. If everyone on your team had a double damage ult, and the opponent's dont, you're sure to win with good positioning :)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I've always thought solo lane Shen is pretty dangerous, because usually they're going to have a carry or pusher up there, and, though you may hit six faster, when you teleport out, you leave a bunch of free farm and have the likelihood to lose a tower depending on how good they are at pushing.

Also, while you're giving up farm that a damage dealer could put to better use. Especially now that Shen is weaker it doesn't make too much sense.

john!

Smash Hero
You forgot the exclamation mark on his name... you *****.
melee only has 4 letter tags, but "john" was taken :(

I want to either learn Swain or Malzahar. Or I guess some offbeat AP carry that I don't know.

Someone sell me on your favorite AP carry and maybe I'll pick them up this weekend.
anivia, play her right and you can't be touched.

or if you like being touched, play karthus, build 100% glass cannon, and get suicide quadrakills like a boss

John's my secret lover.
We're cool.
yeah pretty much

it was 4:00 a.m. and I just was so tired i fell asleep n my cpu battery died out in game :(
so yea i got suspended for leaving
you got suspended for ONE leave? i have like 5 leaves and haven't been suspended...

Abel1994

Smash Lord
melee only has 4 letter tags, but "john" was taken :(

anivia, play her right and you can't be touched.

or if you like being touched, play karthus, build 100% glass cannon, and get suicide quadrakills like a boss

yeah pretty much

you got suspended for ONE leave? i have like 5 leaves and haven't been suspended...
Im guessing if it just means if how many people report you then actually leaving :( it was a 5v5 so yea...

Anyway is shen worth it! I heard his asz got nerf

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I have intentionally fed, left games, said some offensive ****, and I have never even received a warning.

I've toned down on all that after level 30, but still, like

damn

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Today I Learned: Don't play a support champion that isn't Soraka until you get to higher elo. Anything else and you're just setting yourself up for disappointment in your team -_-

fkacyan

Smash Hero
@Vocal: Wat? I have carried games as Janna before. It's all about teamcomp on both sides of the map.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Low elo support = most are not worth saving

Ive had games with zilean where its like...who should i ult cause some ppl are just so useless they shouldn't be given another chance to come back

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
That's just M Mundo.
Sion is going to have an S costume.
Awwww yeah.

Actually, I hope not. o.o
-DD

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
is level are so much more...rewarding. There are still occasional games where someone feeds ridiculously, but for the most part it's beginning to be a match of wit and strategy. I really like it.
HOLY **** THIS IS A LIE

1350 is total **** i mean HOLY *** THESE KIDS ARE BAD

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
And it worked. Morello says he's going to (slightly) change the way they approach balancing now:
Morello said:
This a really good thread full of some solid discussion.

We're going to discuss how to be more cognizant of effective nerfing to the right areas and not to kill off-builds if possible. Things like Vamp Vlad and Locket Gragas will still be hit, but things like AP Ezreal and Tank Gragas will be treated with more respect.

Thanks for the feedback everyone :)
Still sounds like he's ignoring the major point about making new items to add more depth, though. Seems too preoccupied with character based balancing to realize that items are extremely important to the depth and long-term enjoyment of the game. But hey, its at least something.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
AP Ezreal?

Viable?

PSHHHHHHHHH~

They would need to decrease the price of lich bane considerably,
and/or up the scaling + base damages of his essence flux and arcane shift significantly.
They could up the base damage of mystic shot too, but like, AS IF that would ever happen.

Actually, moral of the story, Ezreal still has no actual scaling as AD (I still maintain that a 40% CDR [blue buff + elixir] plus decent AP [Lich bane + death cap] is probably the hardest to counter, and one of the highest damage output mages in the game)

Jazriel

Smash Ace
And it worked. Morello says he's going to (slightly) change the way they approach balancing now:

Still sounds like he's ignoring the major point about making new items to add more depth, though. Seems too preoccupied with character based balancing to realize that items are extremely important to the depth and long-term enjoyment of the game. But hey, its at least something.
Everything is equally important. Though I'm curious as to why you think they're doing a poor job on the item side after they split Zhonya's Ring and have added Tenacity. They also nerfed GA and prevented it from keeping ulti's alive. They've nerfed tanky DPS bs and have finally started putting things on a track that makes sense (stacking vamp has always been conceptually stupid).

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I bought Nidalee today. Played a few games with her. She's a boss.

Tell me your trixies if you play her.

At the advice of danGR, I went 0-9-21, arpen reds, mana regen yellows (might switch to dodge though?), magres blues, arpen quints. flash ghost.
dorans ring -> mercs -> sheen -> blasting wand -> guinsoos

I forget what he said from there.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I bought Nidalee today. Played a few games with her. She's a boss.

Tell me your trixies if you play her.

At the advice of danGR, I went 0-9-21, arpen reds, mana regen yellows (might switch to dodge though?), magres blues, arpen quints. flash ghost.
dorans ring -> mercs -> sheen -> blasting wand -> guinsoos

I forget what he said from there.
Learn how to walljump consistently and effectively.

Top Bottom