• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Hm. I just now remembered about this thread lol. So my goodbye post is by far the highest voted post I've ever made. Definitely makes me miss the community. Thats probably why I lasted as long as I did, to be honest.

D

Deleted member

@dekar173

i've seen u post a game where u raged about a warwick with a cool chogath build, how did u build ur chogath (atk spd/ gunblade/etc)? if its cool

i saw u had bloodrazor, gunblade, etc but i dunno a good order for that

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
@dekar173

i've seen u post a game where u raged about a warwick with a cool chogath build, how did u build ur chogath (atk spd/ gunblade/etc)? if its cool

i saw u had bloodrazor, gunblade, etc but i dunno a good order for that
Rush that Gunblade.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Oh my GOD.
I haven't seen a post by SamuraiPanda in ages.
:3. I actually came back to update the official SSB4 discussion thread of mine that was stickied, but then a mod locked it and copy/pasted my first post into a new thread.

Sad to see you go Samurai. First an unmod and now leaving LoL as well. You're graduating into the real world :(
In 2 weeks I start my rotations in the hospital. By the time SSB4 comes out, I'll actually be a full doctor. Kinda weird putting into perspective like that.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
In 2 weeks I start my rotations in the hospital. By the time SSB4 comes out, I'll actually be a full doctor. Kinda weird putting into perspective like that.
Awesome feeling, I bet.

One question tho.

TEACH ME EVERYTHING YOU KNOW BEFORE YOU GO.

please

fkacyan

Smash Hero
He's too busy being an actor, drinking wine, and talking on the phone to pay attention to GRAMATICS.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
He's on that 3rd year status. How was Step 1? I have that to look forward to at the end of this year >_>
Next week :X. Its not THAT bad. But at the same time it is. Its weird. And by weird I mean extremely stressful.

But the plus side is that I hear this is the last time I'll ever need to study this hard again. And I also hear that when I take this exam I'll have more info crammed in my head than I ever will in the future.

Awesome feeling, I bet.
Awkward and scary feeling. I don't wanna grow up, I'm still a Toys R Us kid.

I honestly want to just go to tournaments for SSB4 after I'm a doctor JUST for the novelty of being a doctor and playing a competitive video game against people half my age. And winning money, which I'll need so badly :D

Jazriel

Smash Ace
I honestly want to just go to tournaments for SSB4 after I'm a doctor JUST for the novelty of being a doctor and playing a competitive video game against people half my age. And winning money, which I'll need so badly :D
There's a Doctor who plays Yu-Gi-Oh! with us in Ottawa. His name of course is Dr. Nik, that's what we all call him. Pretty cool guy.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
pros
-can taunt multiple people
-overall good tank
-good escape (dash can go through walls)
-great ult (global)
-uses Energy

cons
-was nerfed recently so ult isnt as good
-dash (his escape has semi long cooldown early levels)
-is melee so only harrassment is vorpal blade (Q) and doesnt do that much damage

tl;dr shen is a good tank, but there r prob better tanks

EDIT: I LOVE shen and maokai :D

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Shen is a tough tank for a newer player to play. I would recommend Amumu or Malphite more for newer players. It's almost always clear what Malphite should do once you get used to him. Shen, not so much.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Since you already have him, I would recommend 9-21-0 or 0-21-9 (for all masteries make a point to avoid putting points in ones that do things based on mana, as Shen is energy based for example dodge instead of strength of spirit. (Assuming your 30, which I'm not sure you are yet) Typically tank quints are fine.

Shen has plenty of options to build, I would recommend something like shield -> boots -> sunfire/warmogs -> FoN -> w/e (frozen heart,randuins,banshees) .

Tanks are actually fairly item dependent on the opposing teams composition, but due to Shen's passive and his Q you typically want one strong HP based item (warmogs/sunfire) before anything else. You can always get giant's belt -> MR item if you don't have the money to go straight sunfire/warmogs early especially if your bot lane, bot lane you typically want a few HoGs early.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
They nerfed Shen's early game damage though so its more important to hit 6 as quickly as possible so you can support/prevent ganks.

:phone:

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
You guys ruin my learning experience for ArcN :(

By getting someone to think about a choice (which has an obvious answer under those circumstances) they can learn better than me just telling them which is right.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I would say that on the other hand for something like this it's more helpful to open them/show them a different line of reasoning that they might not have thought of. It's not really like teaching someone to solve math equations :p

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Or you could immediately tell them what to do, while explaining why you should do that/what was wrong about the other suggestion/why you would go that route.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
What DMG said.

John got rid of the tunnel vision I had with Rammus concerning buying armor over HP items.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
Wickd farm so hard. Note items and game time lol

http://gyazo.com/ab209c201861cb8afce142ad59d2a8b8.png
???? how does this work?

also someone tell me how to itemize swain
i feel like he needs a tear to solve the mana problems but he needs will + visage for the healing + banshees/GA for not being squishy as hell cause he is almost a melee character then you need rylais for the slow
x.x

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I want to either learn Swain or Malzahar. Or I guess some offbeat AP carry that I don't know.

Someone sell me on your favorite AP carry and maybe I'll pick them up this weekend.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Just get him an RoA and that makes him beefier, while giving him some AP and solving a large part of his mana issues. That or always have blue :)

Depending on how many dragons and towers Wickd's team got by then (assuming a lot of them, lol), and he missed very few creeps, with the 7 kills and 4 assists I can see this happening.

Top Bottom