• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I agree that Dastrn has had some good insight as of late. Mogwai and I are bros so he just yells at me when I do dumb **** so I kind of have to listen to him too.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Somehow rose to 1681 (smurf) with just insta locking in Teemo. Been compared to Rain Man five times now, as well as people questioning me on my build (the good kinda of questioning).

Ah the good old days. Only 2k more then back to Lee Sin lol.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
Ok here guys.
Nasus q move that gets stounger every time you kill somone with it.

How stroung is it when you dont kill anyone in it.
How big is the diffrence when I make it +60 compare to 0
Does it only affect that Q skill or everything you have?
I personaly try to get it at 60 as possible (30 kills since it goes up by 3 every kill)

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Ok here guys.

I personaly try to get it at 60 as possible (30 kills since it goes up by 3 every kill)
strong.

SS gets +3 per last hit, so 30 kills makes 90.

it only affects his Q. +60 compared to 0 makes it 60 more.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Ok here guys.

It only affects his Q.
And yeah, 0 and 60 are different...
but 0 and 400 + sheen or trinforce are -very- different.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
I realized that my struggles with Vayne was as much due to my rustiness with AD ranged carries as my horrible item build. Trinity force SUCKS on her. So much. Currently doing dblade (really good, can actually last hit) -> boots1 -> emblem -> zerker -> BT. Is working out considerably better, and emblem is so good, gives her everything she needs to get to that BF sword.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Getting BT isn't synergizing with anything of hers. Triforce synergizes with her Tumble's low CD and that attack speed synergizes with her Silver Bolts (where most of her huge damage output derives from).

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Somehow rose to 1681 (smurf) with just insta locking in Teemo. Been compared to Rain Man five times now, as well as people questioning me on my build (the good kinda of questioning).

Ah the good old days. Only 2k more then back to Lee Sin lol.
Sorry to ask again, but what's your build?

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I like bloodthirster way more than Trinity Force on vayne. I'm not saying Trinity force is bad on her, but I'd rather build my zeal into a phantom dancer and then get all the BF sword items. More attack damage is usually more valuable than the silver bolts procs you get from the extra attack speed.

bloodthirster is awesome because you will get it stacked full pretty quick as vayne. the lifesteal keeps me farming when otherwise i would have to B and heal. more gold = good. Don't forget the bloodthirster also gains AD when you farm it up, not just more lifesteal.

i do like black cleaver more than blood thirster, though, because it improves both AS and AD. But i'll always choose AD over AS on her for the most part. I want my condemn to HURT. I want my tumble harass to HURT. I want my auto attacks to HURT. All of those scale on AD. The silver bolt procs are nice, but you only really notice their effect in the second half of team fights when you are cleaning up tanks and whatnot. When I get focused on their carry, they are getting shredded with or without 3 autos in a row because of my damage.

Zac is WAY better than me at this game, btw. If anything I ever say conflicts with anything he says, listen to him over me. :)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I donno. She's not the rangiest carry, which is why I don't think having an item that requires refilling upon death is optimal on her. Not to mention she doesn't have any AoE abilities to fill it REALLY quickly, unlike other BT carriers (like EZ or Sivir). Cleaver is a great item for her. I'm just arguing BT vs Triforce... and I believe the later synergizes better.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
My #13485 has the answer.

Though recently I have found Doran Blade stacking to be pretty beast.

In other news, I have an 82% win rate with Cho after 17 games played. First of all, this makes me really happy and makes up for not having the elo I want yet. Second, however, is this just an indication that Cho is under-the-radar OP? Turned out that way with Ryze, can't tell if that's the case here or not.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Cho isn't OP anymore, he's just very strong and has a lot of CC. He used to be OP before silence could be mitigated and his base burst damage was higher across the board (not to mention he used to both heal more and get a significant amount of mana back on last hits). People generally choose him for his strong laning, utility, damage soak, and ability to secure map objectives with Feast + a pocket very strong single target nuke.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Idk, Trinity Force seems too low AD wise. She has great synergy with AD, not so much proc wise. While tumble (only at higher ranks however) will fuel her procs, having more AD will boost her damage everywhere. Stronger auto attacks and spells, damage you can crit with.

You can also start building damage right off the bat, at an early time where she won't have the CD's to proc Sheen/Trinity anywhere close to back to back, and it will benefit her more.

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Trinity is terrible on Vayne. Sheen does nothing for her, and it's too expensive for what you're trying to do. I've stopped building Trinity and now I actually do damage and can live due to emblem lifesteal.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I HATE Windows soooooooooooooo much

I was in a ranked game as Janna. Both teams were strong, and everyone was playing well. (I really can see a difference here in the 1300 range when there isn't an idiot around.) We were at a faceoff at our mid tower...and Windows Update decides it's going to restart my computer. It spent the next fifteen minutes INSTALLING UPDATES WITHOUT MY PERMISSION.

I've never been so upset at Windows in my life, and it gave me a leave for that game...that really grinds my gears...

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Guys, how exactly do you not die to Akali as Ashe? I just played a rank game where she would just dash by everyone, kill me, and then the team would go down because I was the main AD champ. I had a terrible troll Nunu, a good Jarvan, a meh Cho, and an ok Soraka.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Guys, how exactly do you not die to Akali as Ashe? I just played a rank game where she would just dash by everyone, kill me, and then the team would go down because I was the main AD champ. I had a terrible troll Nunu, a good Jarvan, a meh Cho, and an ok Soraka.
Don't team fight. Just stay the away from the opposing team, unless the akali isn't there.

If you aren't nearby then it's like a 4v5. However, Akali won't really have anyone to go after, so it's a 4v4. If you see her going for someone else then you can ult her and kill her.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Don't team fight. Just stay the away from the opposing team, unless the akali isn't there.

If you aren't nearby then it's like a 4v5. However, Akali won't really have anyone to go after, so it's a 4v4. If you see her going for someone else then you can ult her and kill her.
Thank you very much! I will definitely take this into consideration and apply it asap. Every game I've fought an Akali, I've been shredded apart.

stand underneath chogath
This made me laugh =D

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
then akali well go near u and e for massive damage

sometime when i play this game i want to go kill myself after

cause the players are so bad

but i must keep climbing that ****ty ladder, cause i am brave and will always push forward despite all challenges
yeah windows update lost me a game today too. kinda sad about that one

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I feel like Teemo is so much stronger than people give him credit for.
Kind of interesting, I haven't lost a game as Cottontail Teemo yet. Since getting the skin every loss I've had as Teemo has come from Astronaut Teemo. Cottontail too good.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
then akali well go near u and e for massive damage

sometime when i play this game i want to go kill myself after

cause the players are so bad

but i must keep climbing that ****ty ladder, cause i am brave and will always push forward despite all challenges
yeah windows update lost me a game today too. kinda sad about that one
akali's damage is from her Q not her E

the things you can do to stop her are basically get your team to kill her or CC her before she kills you

I feel like Teemo is so much stronger than people give him credit for.
Kind of interesting, I haven't lost a game as Cottontail Teemo yet. Since getting the skin every loss I've had as Teemo has come from Astronaut Teemo. Cottontail too good.
cottontail teemo is the only skin in the game that enhances a champions "passive" so i'm not surprised

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
taric and maokai = amazing bot lane combo.

seriously we wrecked 3 games in a row, and got first blood each time.

shatter and sapling toss 1st lvl, then both of our stuns or roots 2nd lvl. instantdeath for any1 that approaches.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ideally akali's gonna get CCed and owned hard if she jumps right onto the carry your team should be protecting but... guess that doesn't really happen in soloqueue.

IMO.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Almost up to 1350 elo ^_^

I have a renewed hatred for Ashe though. Haven't played against a good one in a while and DAMN does she hurt. Getting hit once is like a life sentence (unless you're like me and playing Flash Kassadin :troll:).

Anyways, I need Nocturne advice. What should I be doing during mid game?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Mid game? Warding up their jungle/counterjungling/ganking, and securing map objectives/helping to take towers. Plus CS any available lanes.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
mid game noct is all about farming and kill stealing.

You should keep lanes pushed out and stay super mobile.

Top Bottom