• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I absolutely love Wit's End Teemo.
He's one of the few characters that has really worked well with the item both pre and post mana burn change.
I usually go 21 in defense with Teemo and a Wit's End/Bloodrazor core make him super tanky.
Can't decide if I like the mana regen yellows or flat armor more but I always stick with mr/level blues. I like the /level over flat mr because casters aren't too scary until they start scaling in levels, especially when you have 21 into defense.

I swap Wit's End out for Malady if the other team is light on magic damage though. I don't really like Malady as much, but I'm not sure there's much better in place of Wit's End in games where its weak.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
What do you mean im still pretty new xD

So I bought a new guy who carrys a sword with 1 hand named try somthing and I liked how he doesnt need MP to fight but his HP sucks. I might stick to nasus as my main. SO much fun tanking damage and having a lot of hp.
a group of people spammed riot hard and clogged the servers i think

tyrndamere is lulzy

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I used to think I had to run Mana Regen runes on Teemo, cause I'd always run out of mana and it'd be a problem. But then I went cold turkey and just told myself I didn't need them. Turns out, you really don't. Without mana regen runes you should have enough mana to continually poop out shrooms and use Move Quick when needed.

For a long time I used MR/level blues, but recently switched to flat MR. I really like them more when laning against AP champs, as those are the only champs (aside from urgot mid) that give teemo trouble in lane. With the Wit's End buff, I don't see the need for MR/level anymore either. Wit's End covers Teemo after MR and MR/lv blues break even.

N64

Smash Champion
Takes 20 minutes to log onto server. Go through a normal game with a couple people on my team QQing literally from champion select to the end of the game. We lose almost solo to an 1800 morde that ***** top. After game, client informs me i've disconnected from PvP.net a couple times, and promptly closes when I attempt to join another game. Can't relog due to servers blowing up. I come QQ on smashboards.

Fun times :(

solecalibur

Smash Master
Broken servers lead me here, and I personally love Tyrnd when he is fed but is countered by CC/slows and the fact the majority of player Trynd just love to play Rambo Tyrnd and spin into an entire team

Username : Solecalibur
Character : Akali, Caitlyn, Alistar, Nocturn (Just about anyone but currently)

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Takes 20 minutes to log onto server. Go through a normal game with a couple people on my team QQing literally from champion select to the end of the game. We lose almost solo to an 1800 morde that ***** top. After game, client informs me i've disconnected from PvP.net a couple times, and promptly closes when I attempt to join another game. Can't relog due to servers blowing up. I come QQ on smashboards.

Fun times :(
apparently lulzsec or whatever DDOS'd the login servers.

those guys are good

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Morello:

"Omen of Death is [Yorick's] trademark ultimate that brings players back from the dead to exact Vengeance. Yorick can use this Omen on an ally, which creates a revenant of that champion. If that champion is killed while the revenant exists, then the target gains temporary undeath, coming back from the dead at full life which drains on its own rapidly. After the risen ally runs out of health again, they collapse once more."

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
yorick sounds neat

but his ult is like "might as well pick zilean"

what if yorick ult then zilean ult

Abel1994

Smash Lord
ok guys quick question
I LOVE MELEE FIGHTERS WITH LOTS OF HEALTH!
I main nasus so far and Nunu was my main before him.

Should I buy Sion?

john!

Smash Hero
What do you mean im still pretty new xD

So I bought a new guy who carrys a sword with 1 hand named try somthing and I liked how he doesnt need MP to fight but his HP sucks. I might stick to nasus as my main. SO much fun tanking damage and having a lot of hp.
at first i was like...... "garen?"

then i was like "oh lol"

apparently lulzsec or whatever DDOS'd the login servers.

those guys are good
not really, ddos is easy to pull off. they don't even qualify as script kiddies, just *******. and i can't play league now anyway so i don't really care lol.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
ok guys quick question
I LOVE MELEE FIGHTERS WITH LOTS OF HEALTH!
I main nasus so far and Nunu was my main before him.

Should I buy Sion?
You'd probably like Nasus' brother, Renekton. There's also Mordekaiser, though his playstyle is a tad different

In other news, I have an 80% ranked win rate with Cho after 15 games. Maybe my elo isn't where I want it to be yet, but at least that's something to be proud of :)

Abel1994

Smash Lord

You'd probably like Nasus' brother, Renekton. There's also Mordekaiser, though his playstyle is a tad different

In other news, I have an 80% ranked win rate with Cho after 15 games. Maybe my elo isn't where I want it to be yet, but at least that's something to be proud of :)

He seems cool but I only have 1.4k IP and cant save em lol need a lot of fun xD Renekton does look COOOOOL! but seriously 6.3k ip for him :(

Mord looks cool and I just notice he is a free player this week so ima try him out but i love how his abilty,health,attack thing are the same lvl :D

Abel1994

Smash Lord
Yea I figured that out just now :p
Ill see how he goes and lookin at some guides on youtube first so I wont mess up my team in the proccess :D

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Ap is ability power, ability power is when the champion relys on there abilities for damage instead of there attacks. I would also save up money for runes since that is a pretty big factor of the game.
This, for a large part. However, there are a lot of abilities that scale with attack damage, like Miss Fortune's Double Up, Ashe's Volley, and Irelia's Bladesurge. A general rule is that mage abilities always scale with ability power (Ryze is a special case in that he scales better with mana).

You can check to see whether an ability scales with ability power or attack damage by checking the information bubble that appears when you hover over it.
hmmm so here is new question
Sion or Mordekaiser
Both are alright champs, not really sure which to recommend.

Abel1994

Smash Lord

This, for a large part. However, there are a lot of abilities that scale with attack damage, like Miss Fortune's Double Up, Ashe's Volley, and Irelia's Bladesurge. A general rule is that mage abilities always scale with ability power (Ryze is a special case in that he scales better with mana).

You can check to see whether an ability scales with ability power or attack damage by checking the information bubble that appears when you hover over it.

Both are alright champs, not really sure which to recommend.

Thanks! Ill lean more over to the guy that doesn't use Ap as much because regular attacks would help more in situations with cool downs and instead of buying those cool down items, I could of bought something like attack speed boast.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Thanks! Ill lean more over to the guy that doesn't use Ap as much because regular attacks would help more in situations with cool downs and instead of buying those cool down items, I could of bought something like attack speed boast.
You're here a few weeks and you've already pinpointed one of the design imbalances in the game. Congratulations :)

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
If you're still debating between Sion and Mordekaiser...

both are AP, lol. Sion can be more AD late game, though, right?

Abel1994

Smash Lord
Alright chose Mordekaiser. Did ma first game. I WON LOL! It was a 3v3 and I did most of the work it was funnyyyy at the end 2 of the baddies were at my base and 1 was at his base so i went to their base and killed that 1 and controlled it and broke a torrent AND broke that other turret that ended the game while the baddie was helping me xD I couldn't stop laughing how awesome it was.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
so i got a question guys: y does any1 and every1 feel the need to leave in a co op game? im there, trying out jungle amumu since amumu is just epic and 4 games in a row, some1 leaves, causing my jungle to be ****ed up since i have to move to a lane so they dont destroy all the towers in that particular lane... **** that ****

Top Bottom