• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

fkacyan

Smash Hero
i just dont like bad players giving bad advice to other inquisitive players

but the bad players dont know theyre bad so they get offeneded

thats pretty much it

apparently there are a lot of these bad players so they all get offended together

i dont know why i should care but i do. i guess i shouldnt and should never even try and remedy the situation because sometimes reality makes people sad. thats all
What qualifies you as an authority to call people good or bad, exactly?

I'm genuinely interested. What ELO are you? How much money have you made playing MOBA-style games?

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
What qualifies you as an authority to call people good or bad, exactly?

I'm genuinely interested. What ELO are you? How much money have you made playing MOBA-style games?
woot i agree. i mean, im not great at all but id like to know what ELO he is the way he preaches...

EDIT: so what wsa shen like pre patch? i really like him now, but i hadnt played him before they patched him

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
or u can just tell them the truth like a man
and hope they have the balls to admit they were wrong

if someone tells me im wrong and i see im wrong, i dont try and save face by posting a lot and using the eloquent defence of "your stupid"

its sad that you equate being civilized by treating other people like they are made of fine china

how do u tell if someone is good?

well u listen to what they say and see if what they say makes sense and lines up with top level play (MAYBE)

depends on how u define good

i think im good because all of my understanding of the game is confirmed by top level play, and i even think of ways top level can be potentially better (though this is sketchy, but i know i can be creative)

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
or u can just tell them the truth like a man
and hope they have the balls to admit they were wrong

if someone tells me im wrong and i see im wrong, i dont try and save face by posting a lot and using the eloquent defence of "your stupid"

its sad that you equate being civilized by treating other people like they are made of fine china
SleepyK: "peter you're wrong"
safehaven: "no i'm right"

end of road trip
savehaven: "oh my god i'm so stupid and wrong"

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
its not like i care
why are we all acting so sensitive. this is not a soap opera, please man up

if i ever think of some concept that i dont see illustrated in top level games then i will think i might be bad. until then *** it
anyways i dropped this whole thing, even with 5 other people getting the last word, then noobs brought it up again

john!

Smash Hero
all riot needs to do is see who top elo is banning (they always ban the same heroes) and nerf those people. right now it's vayne, tf, eve, jarvan, and vlad. i think at least 4 of these guys are getting nerfed next patch, so it should be a good one...

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Are people at least smart enough to ban jarvan at your elo? jeebus.
There are only 4 bans, and Jarvan isn't quite as game changing as other champs can be. That's my reasoning anyways.

-DD

Spife

Smash Master
uhh so two questions
jungle shaco page has two quints to flat health, what can I replace these with to speed up my jungle? Would more arm pen be good? I'm sitting at 18+the masteries. Or should I grab a/s? As of right now, no bonus a/s from anything >:

second: how the **** do I deal with muta harass? I feel like a cannon behind my mineral line (or two) is way to expensive JUST to try and defend that.

if you're talking about broodwar then you need cannons in your mineral line to defend mutas. goons are not nearly mobile enough to defend your base 100%

i guess the same goes for sc2 as well.

also wrong thread

Spife

Smash Master
I guess I need to get into the habit of putting a pylon back there anyway.

First question was the aim of the game, but I knew some one had an answer for the second one :3

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
how about we ban safehaven and make this thread good again?
Nah man, you gotta understand it's just a cycle. First the baddies QQ about how trollOP Jazriel is for a couple weeks, then they move on to whining about how they can't counter safehaven. Endless QQ cycle, just gotta learn how to adjust.

:awesome:
I'm legitimately lost at what's going on.
Meh, just a bunch of drama that started before you got here. If you want to enjoy the thread, just do what I do - skip reading all the petty arguments and just read the interesting stuff :)
mine? it's from my little pony. best show ever.
Omg I didn't even recognize him til you said that, he's adorable <3
I hate TF soo much.
Everyone does. And imagine, he used to be even worse.

Five straight wins with THWrath. Woot. I'm 1679 and wrath is now 1378... lol

Still 2k from Lee Sin, so sad.
What's your usual build for Teemo? I've been going with Rain Man's Doran'sX2 > Malady > Bloodrazor > Cleaver/Mallet/GA/Banshee's

fkacyan

Smash Hero
AD Teemo is boring, AP teemo is super fun.

Nothing like running up to somebody who just hit a shroom to Q auto them and run away as they die.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I prefer to split push like a baws
Lich Bane lets me split push too, and if people try to gank through a shroom...

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

EDIT: Solo queue elo: 1199. 8|

Jarvan has been carrying the **** out of me. I haven't lost a game with him yet. Q poke + e tower pushing too good.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Lich Bane lets me split push too, and if people try to gank through a shroom...

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

EDIT: Solo queue elo: 1199. 8|

Jarvan has been carrying the **** out of me. I haven't lost a game with him yet. Q poke + e tower pushing too good.
Lich Bane can help you hurt towers, but you're still going to push significantly slower

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Lich Bane can help you hurt towers, but you're still going to push significantly slower
The upside is that AP is much more hilarious and fun.

Actually with malady and nashors and if theres a creep wave for me to q a lot I'm pretty sure the push speed is almost the same because of how hard lichbane procs hit for

Falcinho

Smash Ace
So I played a game with an Annie player that just went by Falco. I laughed, then raged, because Annie spams projectiles for an instant, free kill too.

I don't suppose anyone knows how experience is split among teammates? Like, if you have 2 people laning vs. 1 person laning, how much exp is split among the former? It can't be a direct 50/50, but idk. This game has so many un-obvious things that I can't really tell how drastic certain things are. I'm still not sure how far away from minions I can be while still being in the experience zone :x
IIRC there is some extra XP when 2 or more teammates stand in XP range and it gets split between them.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Anyone else having connection issues to league this morning?

(its cuz ur a noob and u dont even know. stop asking stupid questions if u wer hi elo ud know what i mean. god ur dumb dont talk u dont no anything about anything)

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I was in the lobby, picked AP tf, and when the game switched over to load, i couldn't get in. I tried for about 15 minutes after restarting my client over and over and it finally started loading. When I got in, my team was losing on kills 2-10 but no one had quit or given up. I got caught up in levels pretty quick, got a double kill in the first team fight, another double kill in the next team fight and suddenly we were even in kills and up a tower. I split pushed top tower, won it, ulted into the team fight, won that, and we wrecked from there.

And no one flamed me or threatened to report me for having connection issues. It was like a whole separate gaming community was transplanted into league.

Official forums are flooded with people complaining about the servers being jacked. I'm sure they'll fix it by the time I get back from work.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy

I did this yesterday and my mans sleepyK said Haunting guise isnt that move to make?

is that true?

if I had finished that build (like if the game wen on that long that HG would be sold for void staff and I would have a rylais.)

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
man i wish people would understand my slang sometimes...lol

Haunting guise is not the item I should buy. order goes boots + pots -> sorcs -> haunting guise -> zhonyas or Rylais depending on if im getting focused or not...then everything else.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
If you already have mpen reds you just don't typically need that much mpen early. Especially looking at your results no one even built MR. I'm pretty sure with masteries/mpen reds + sorcs you already have a good amount of mpen until you need void or abyssal. And for almost the same price you could get double the health 5 less AP but be much closer to Rylais.

Haunting Guise = 1485 gold: 200 health, 25 AP, 20 Mpen, leads to nothing.

Giant's belt (1110G)+ Tome (435G) = 1545 gold: 430 health, 20 AP, leads to Rylais.

It depends on a lot of other factors but I think it's mainly because you don't need that much mpen early (unless of course you don't get those masteries/runes). Plus you got boots instead of shield so maybe that's better in that case.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
all riot needs to do is see who top elo is banning (they always ban the same heroes) and nerf those people. right now it's vayne, tf, eve, jarvan, and vlad. i think at least 4 of these guys are getting nerfed next patch, so it should be a good one...
unless it's changed over the past 4 days, the big 3 for bans have been eve, tf and vayne, with the next most popular ones being Jarman and Alistar followed by a huge cluster**** of other guys who randomly get banned sometimes.

I'm kinda mad that Jarvan stacking tiamats works as well as it does.
it's a horrible build and yes I have tried it. hyr0 just gets away with it because Jarman is so very strong that it barely matters what you build.

There are only 4 bans, and Jarvan isn't quite as game changing as other champs can be. That's my reasoning anyways.

-DD
Jarman is, in my opinion, stronger than the top 3 bans other than maybe TF (though TF really has to rely on getting to late game). He's crazy strong in every way, he just doesn't have a gimmick that changes the nature of the game.

uhh so two questions
jungle shaco page has two quints to flat health, what can I replace these with to speed up my jungle? Would more arm pen be good? I'm sitting at 18+the masteries. Or should I grab a/s? As of right now, no bonus a/s from anything >:

second: how the **** do I deal with muta harass? I feel like a cannon behind my mineral line (or two) is way to expensive JUST to try and defend that.
corsairs

I did this yesterday and my mans sleepyK said Haunting guise isnt that move to make?

is that true?

if I had finished that build (like if the game wen on that long that HG would be sold for void staff and I would have a rylais.)
get abyssal instead of haunting guise. yes, sure, it costs a hefty chunk more, but it's stats are better efficiency, the "mpen" it gives helps your whole team and it doesn't feel like dead weight later in the game. Abyssal is actually the #1 reason I think haunting guise sucks, since it just fills the niche better 95% of the time.

Top Bottom