• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
what do u guys think about shen and how would u build him? i mean he is obviously better pre nerf but this is how i build him: heart of gold > mercs > sunfire >aegis or FoN > aegis of FoN > abyssal scepter or guardians > upgrade HoG into radumens

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Just had one of those games where you have 4 noobs running around like chickens with their head cut off, but then decide that you want to win so you direct them all perfectly and ****. Just setup the game to sweep through all 3 inhibs in one go and then we double aced them for Nexus. Having superiour map control through mindgames and directing 4 other people ftw.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
What's your usual build for Teemo? I've been going with Rain Man's Doran'sX2 > Malady > Bloodrazor > Cleaver/Mallet/GA/Banshee's
Malady, while pretty efficient, isn't the best item to get on Teemo early. It's situational.

I run flat ad reds, health quints / flat health regen, flat armor, flat mr, and 0/21/9 (no points in dodge, 3 in ardor). This gives me the feel of having a Doran's Blade at all times. Then I start with (1a) Boots + 3 Health Pots. Once you hit Lv4 it becomes really easy to harass (you have your move quick and blind). Lv5 you should be harassing a lot, before they get their ult. If you're smart about your Blind you can squeeze in first blood easily.

You're goal is to buy (2) Wit's End as soon as possible. If you can buy it on your first back, perfect. Otherwise grab 2 Doran Blades or if against an AP carry, some Null-Magic Mantles. Upgrade to (1b) Merc Treads when you feel it's necessary. Once you have Wit's End you really don't need much else until mid-late game.

Next work on getting (3) Bloodrazer (or Malady if they have no tank). Buy the AS part of it first unless you need the armor boost from Madred's. After a finished bloodrazer I go for (4a) Phage (because that 250 health translates to 500 eHP with all my armor/mr). At this point you don't need to upgrade to Frozen mallet ever unless you need survivability against a non-AP carry. Instead work towards a (5) Banshee's Veil, grabbing Negatron first then catalyst. Finally, you can upgrade into (4b) Frozen Mallet and grab one last offensive item / some armor.

Another very important item to buy is Health Potions. I typically grab 3-4 every time I back. It let's me have an edge over an opponent because of that extra 800 health I have. You don't really need wards. Mid-Late game I like grabbing Oracles cause it's really hard to kill Teemo if you are purposefully avoiding teamfights. Grabbing oracles hints at the opponent that they should really try to kill you, which means you can play like a jerk and waste their time.

Also, you can set your post color (the color all of your posts appear in) in your UserCP > Options or something like that.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
It really is funny how much Jarvan can get away with... and he is QQed about much less than other characters.
yea, it's pretty remarkable that anytime a Jarman QQ thread comes up it gets immediately downvoted to oblivion. *shrugs* it's kinda funny to be a Jarman player now after being a Pantheon player from when he was QQed about. Jarman now is pretty much twice as good as Pantheon ever was, yet receives a much smaller amount of QQ.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
He also doesn't have an auto target stun. But he gets utility up the butt, tankiness, and non-ignorable damage. That ******.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Malady, while pretty efficient, isn't the best item to get on Teemo early. It's situational.

I run flat ad reds, health quints, flat armor, flat mr, and 0/21/9 (alternatively you can run flat health regen quints). This gives me the feel of having a Doran's Blade at all times. Then I start with (1a) Boots + 3 Health Pots. Once you hit Lv4 it becomes really easy to harass (you have your move quick and blind). Lv5 you should be harassing a lot, before they get their ult. If you're smart about your Blind you can squeeze in first blood easily.

You're goal is to buy (2) Wit's End as soon as possible. If you can buy it on your first back, perfect. Otherwise grab 2 Doran Blades or if against an AP carry, some Null-Magic Mantles. Upgrade to (1b) Merc Treads when you feel it's necessary. Once you have Wit's End you really don't need much else until mid-late game.

Next work on getting (3) Bloodrazer (or Malady if they have no tank). Buy the AS part of it first unless you need the armor boost from Madred's. After a finished bloodrazer I go for (4a) Phage (because that 250 health translates to 500 eHP with all my armor/mr). At this point you don't need to upgrade to Frozen mallet ever unless you need survivability against a non-AP carry. Instead work towards a (5) Banshee's Veil, grabbing Negatron first then catalyst. Finally, you can upgrade into (4b) Frozen Mallet and grab one last offensive item / some armor.

Another very important item to buy is Health Potions. I typically grab 3-4 every time I back. It let's me have an edge over an opponent because of that extra 800 health I have. You don't really need wards. Mid-Late game I like grabbing Oracles cause it's really hard to kill Teemo if you are purposefully avoiding teamfights. Grabbing oracles hints at the opponent that they should really try to kill you, which means you can play like a jerk and waste their time.

Also, you can set your post color (the color all of your posts appear in) in your UserCP > Options or something like that.
Interesting, I haven't tried Wit's on Teemo before, I'll give it a shot sometime.

And yea, I know I can auto-set my color but then it wouldn't show up when people quote me :)

fkacyan

Smash Hero
@Mogwai: That's the point. It's pretty stupid and pretty bad but still works really well because he's ****ing Jarvan.

EDIT: I do have to say, though, making just one early seems to work really well in a solo to quickly farm up some better items.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
also just getting brutalizer, which you know... is an actual good item and makes farming easier and kills champions harder for it's cost. You don't have any need for the splash, the bigger piece of what tiamat does to help farming is make your Q -> E 1 shot ranged creeps easier with the damage, but a BF Sword or brutalizer does the same thing without being a ****ty dead end item.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Tiamat on jarvan would be legit if it also splashed your passive damage. THAT would be ********, especially if it gave other units the damage but not the 6 second mark preventing you from doing it again. Hit left minion, then middle, then right for 3x passive damage rofl.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
But you can accomplish that for much cheaper with 2 Philos and spamming your Flag + Q.
I save flag because I splitpush and I need it to escape.

Q + melee with a tiamat oneshots creep waves. Tiamat also gives some damage.

Idk, I've played almost every build Jarvan has and they all work, there hasn't really been any metric that has shown me which build is more effective because I've only lost with Jarman to people leaving.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Warmog to Atmas is pretty legit on him since he gets the passive boost from Flag and has a shield. If you get a solo lane, incredibly easy to farm it up.

Spife

Smash Master
muta harrass in sc2, I know bout dem corsairs.

ALSO JUNGLE QUINTS WHAT GET?! I'm lookin at regi's guide and he has the same quints I do (didn't use to). I might just keep them then.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Couple of things.

One, holy hell I thought I would like solo queue smurfing because it would be easy but it's harder than my normal solo queue!!

Also, wtf is wrong with swf chat lmao:

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Dang Hylian you watch GOMTv too? Billy watches it a lot. I'm a big Huk fan xD.

Since we're all posting screenshots of our browser bookmarks, here's mine:

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Dang Hylian you watch GOMTv too? Billy watches it a lot. I'm a big Huk fan xD.

Since we're all posting screenshots of our browser bookmarks, here's mine:

Yeah I watch the gsl's and stuff, pretty much quit SC2 for LoL though lol. I was about 1500 diamond when I quit.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I really wanted to improve my ability to last hit so I picked up Nasus.
I figured there would be no better way to last hit better than to play a character entirely dependent on your ability to do so.
I had just under 300 CS by 35 minutes doing nothing but farming my Q. Told my team to push but avoid fights while I farmed. Started team fighting when I had my Triforce, Brutalizer, and starting my tanky items. I was doing more than true damage with my Q on their squishes and just two shotting them.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hacker group LulzSec attacked the login servers. You can check the twitter link http://twitter.com/#!/LulzSec

Just copied and pasted this from gamefaqs, don't actually know if true lol.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Eve is seeing play again? What's changed to make her not garbage?
People remembered that Eve limits early game to passive farming for the other team. Which, if combined with a strong solo/mid, would usually lead to that lane getting the advantage over their opponent. Vlad vs Carry/solo lane top now shifts to Vlad's favor early on if the other person can't risk playing aggressively with Eve around. Even if you pinkward, it doesn't prevent Eve from arriving and turning the lane into 2 v 1 unless you also want to send your jungler over to deal with it.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
people remembered that it had nothing to do with anything other than stealth + stun being gay as balls

some ******* DDOS'd Riot.
What do you mean im still pretty new xD

So I bought a new guy who carrys a sword with 1 hand named try somthing and I liked how he doesnt need MP to fight but his HP sucks. I might stick to nasus as my main. SO much fun tanking damage and having a lot of hp.

Top Bottom