• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Did my first 5 man Bravery team today.
Was going terribly until we started to turtle to just build up kills and assists very slowly. I ended up getting 20's on all three snowballs with Swain and my friend got full 20's on Singed. From there we were able to just stomp through teamfights with two of us at all full stacks...
I need to do Bravery more often... too much fun and so silly to see Sword of the Occult on characters like Morgana (Swain, Singed, Nunu, Morgana, Kayle were our randoms).

Junpappy

Smash Lord
does shiv really do more early game damage then deceive?
Shiv gains 40 magic damage per level. Deceive gains 20% of your AD per level. You'd have to have 200+ AD before deceive deals better damage (not factoring in MR vs Armor and penetration)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I did a double jungle the other day with Alistar and Shaco.

We got first blood on their mid kog'maw pretty much the moment we hit level 2 and he rage quit.

My conclusion: Double jungling requires making an enemy rage quit.

It's very very very fun having shaco deceive on someone to initiailly slow them than alistar insta flash in ground pound to head butt.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Can't seem to win... In such a bad slump. T_T
Don't worry Dan. I'll be back soon.

btw Mogwai, creeps OP, playing Pokémon. Just thought you might want a heads up.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I won 3 ranked games in a row last night, even with feeders. The other team had bad kids too, so I just killed them a lot and got fed myself.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
teach me now. build / everything. i just can't seem to do anything early game. :/
play really safe early game. u cant get that many kills on ur own. Start with fling and buy a saph crystal. lvl up q and w then lvl up q all the way, while getting ur ult.

build that into a catalyst > swift boots > make rod of ages > banshees > mejais (by now u should be doing well and u cant really die with all your health and survivability) or rylais (ur poison slows once u buy this, it owns) finish with rabadons

u dont need to buy tank items on singed since he just has so much health and a slow.

I usually go ghost and cleanse but ghost and exhaust works too. but Ghost is a must.

As for getting kills, it's simply about pressing ur q so u start using poison, use ur slow, fling them behind u, preferably into a turret, and u and ur teamate will take him out easy.

jpak

Smash Lord
I take back what I said about Kassadin and Shaco. Kassadin isn't that good, corki/ashe/urgot can hurt him hard. He can get denied farm really easily. Kassadin is good vs a few AP carries like Anivia. Shaco can be good depending on your own team comp and the other team's.

Basically every champion is viable aside from jax, karma, mordekaiser, and twitch. I am prolly misisng one or two champions.

Odincore - at the time of your post the minion system was fixed already

Dan/ArcNatural - We 1v1 today ;)

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
I take back what I said about Kassadin and Shaco. Kassadin isn't that good, corki/ashe/urgot can hurt him hard. He can get denied farm really easily. Kassadin is good vs a few AP carries like Anivia. Shaco can be good depending on your own team comp and the other team's.

Basically every champion is viable aside from jax, karma, mordekaiser, and twitch. I am prolly misisng one or two champions.

Odincore - at the time of your post the minion system was fixed already

Dan/ArcNatural - We 1v1 today ;)
I MIGHT be on today. But since I hit 30 I'm taking a bit of a break, working on my SC2 skills atm. Just a fyi, I'll definitely be on sometime during the weekend though.

Edit:

And I think morde is viable in solo q, intelligent ones seem hard to gank and can harass any melee solos pretty decently. Probably just me and my normal games though.

Kleeck

Smash Apprentice
So, Nocturne's kit is interesting. He is a pretty wild concoction. His passive seems pretty powerful. Health gain/AoE every 10 AND phys. attacks lower CD by 1 second. Seems like a strong chaser/assassin.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
That ult is gonna have to be changed. Don't think Riot would seriously release something like that.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Yeah, it seems like it will be WAY too easy to initiate if you have Nocturne's ult up. He pops it and then people can only see a little bit around only their character, meanwhile the entire enemy team can see everyone and jump.

Only way to deal with it would be to have a Nocturne of your own who's ulting at the same time. Or keep a ward ready for every time he uses it. Either way... it's silly. I guess it depends on how much it reduces individual sight.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Oh, I guess what makes it seem crazy is that it says ALL, implying it's going to be global. If it's a castable AoE (even if it's large range) it would be fair, but something global like that seems kinda crazy. Also... most easy BD in game :p

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh that's cool.

Hour long dodge penalties.

I really deserved this for abandoning my team during champion selection.

Kleeck

Smash Apprentice
Oh, I guess what makes it seem crazy is that it says ALL, implying it's going to be global. If it's a castable AoE (even if it's large range) it would be fair, but something global like that seems kinda crazy. Also... most easy BD in game :p
And what's really ridiculous isn't the decreased visual range, it's the removal of ally vision. It seems that any ability/ult that targets a friendly = useless for the duration of his ult.

I wonder if you would be able to cast on portraits and still accomplish a friendly cast that is in range?

Oh that's cool.

Hour long dodge penalties.

I really deserved this for abandoning my team during champion selection.
When was this implemented?

Top Bottom