• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

ZoSo

Smash Champion
that was my fault, not yours. i greatly overestimated my ability to tank that tower. gbagrlgb.
It was my fault too; I messed up my combo, otherwise I would've easily killed MF and they wouldn't have had the damage to push the nexus. It just happens like that sometimes. One small mistake can snowball into something completely gamechanging.

Cia

das kwl
n mn okrfvgfamnA

"morgana"

.. i don't like this game.

Also. what happened to all the tristana players? She's so powerful in mid. Not sure why she died out.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
if you want pure damage you can have corki, if you want utility you can have ashe
no room for trist atm
Pretty much this in a nutshell.

Trist and Ashe will always be able to hard counter most of the cast due to their qualities, just Ashe hard counters more of the cast with her qualities past the laning phase while also having the best initiation tool in the game.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Jazriel filled with knowledge!

@Dastrn - switch to cdr boots, consider getting last whisper, cleaver, banshee on him, dont finish the ghost blade or get mallet.
I've built all of that on him before. It depends on the game. I tend to like merc treads better.
Finishing ghost blade helps me win towers. I like winning towers. I know it seems like a waste since I don't need the crit, but the gp5 helps, and the tower pushing is just awesome.

I've gone back and forth on bloodthirster vs black cleaver. If i am against another physical carry, I'll go bloodthirster, because the lifesteal sets me up to win the 1v1 so they have a reason to fear me. If it's a team full of tanky dps then I'll black cleaver sometimes instead. Last whisper is always a good idea. I probably build banshee's in 3 games out of 4 if they go long.

Mallet is pro on Urgot. I need the hp badly, but I don't want to stop building dmg either. I already have a built in snare and often take red buff to boot, but mallet ensures that I'm always snaring my targets in case my shield is down when i'm hitting them, which is often in team fights. Urgot is a hybrid dps/offtank so items that give you both are super valuable.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
I've built all of that on him before. It depends on the game. I tend to like merc treads better.
Finishing ghost blade helps me win towers. I like winning towers. I know it seems like a waste since I don't need the crit, but the gp5 helps, and the tower pushing is just awesome.

I've gone back and forth on bloodthirster vs black cleaver. If i am against another physical carry, I'll go bloodthirster, because the lifesteal sets me up to win the 1v1 so they have a reason to fear me. If it's a team full of tanky dps then I'll black cleaver sometimes instead. Last whisper is always a good idea. I probably build banshee's in 3 games out of 4 if they go long.

Mallet is pro on Urgot. I need the hp badly, but I don't want to stop building dmg either. I already have a built in snare and often take red buff to boot, but mallet ensures that I'm always snaring my targets in case my shield is down when i'm hitting them, which is often in team fights. Urgot is a hybrid dps/offtank so items that give you both are super valuable.
for whatever it's worth, pretty much any time I see urgot he's running manamune -> brutalizer -> glacial shroud + banshee's veil (order depending on whether he needs physical or magical resistance first). Usually Mercs and not cdr boots, but CDR boots + glacial + brutalizer = 40% CDR, so that's probably your best alternative to mercs. Upgrading to Frozen Heart and Ghostblade is an option later, but I never see either of those items finished before the core 4. When it comes down to a 6th item, it's usually last whisper, but if you're going for a BF Sword item, bloodthirster is the one with the most synergy with Urgot's skillset.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Got matched against Hilt in solo queue. Both went solo mid.

Was fun, but our Udyr gave them Baron and our Mundo quit soon after :(

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
ZOMG TKbro... if you are at Pax East, you just have to find a Riot employee and ask for one. Please, if you happen to be able to snake an extra one (find another Riot employee than the one you got the first one from!), I would really appreciate getting the code! If you can make it happen, thanks!

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I don't even have Jax...LOL

Malcolm and Vincenzo already asked for it so I told them they have to Jax Ditto For it solo mid and whoever wins gets it

I will definitely try to snag more than one though.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
OK, dibs on your third one then. ;)

Thanks.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
2nd*

3rd*

I have no intentions of buying Jax because of the skin...he is a boring champ...lol and I already play irelia (who needs more Skins)

but the riot people will know be my name by the amount of skins I'm tryna get...lmao

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
OH SNAP!

NVM I CAN UNLOCK JAX ON MY SMURF

**** YOU GUYS!

naw but srsly if I get like 4 or 5 I'll give them out before I use it.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
They'll put the Jax skin up for sale next year if you don't get it, just like the Singed skin from last year.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
wow...Virg just hit me with the best offer....like...I Might haev to auction this skin off..LOL

really guys though I don't think there is going to be THAT many riot staff there for me to get like 100 skins...lol

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
not to poop on your parade

but from what i know, you get the PAX Jax skin from a PAX Goodiebag. At least, thats how my friend got his to give to me!

Riot hands out Riot Singed, though, I think

jpak

Smash Lord
I will be having at least 4 tourney matches tomorrow night, most will probably be streamed if anyone wants to watch. Starts at 4 pm EST.

Top Bottom