• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Dekar173

Justice Man
Only thing this hero has of Mercurial Specter's is the blade, and it only makes you ignore unit collision here.
Gives increased MS.

Ult is similar, it's a direct effect on champ's (global from what I can assume) like how Merc would create doubles on top of everyone and can warp to them. This ult seems a bit better imo. <.<

Merc also had a skill that shielded her, similar to the absorption one for Nocturne.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I thought Merc's skill was just a passive dispersion of percentage of damage, and her ult created illusions and allowed a teleport. This one affects all sight and allows a dash.

It's like a hodgepodge of Spectre, Ancient Apparation, and HoN's Dark Lady.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I'd do some Co-Op vs AI after we're done with real games, haha. Would be a fun way to undwind. I'll probably buy Blitz now, and just spend the other 487 on Commando Xin for when we inevitably have an all Commando Demacia team.

Blitz kinda crazy expensive, so it's worth it.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Ashe = Corki IMHO

they serve very different purposes and are both great, it's just a question of what your team needs. I also still have a hard time calling Urgot a ranged carry when he lacks the ability to safely poke at a tower while you're pushing and also typically has a low enough attack speed that he can't actually tear it down in any sort of hurry :(. I agree he's really good, but while I know ranged carry is the closest role to describe what he does, it just doesn't quite feel right to me because I think he changes the dynamic of the team he's on in the same way as having a Melee Carry solo does (typically towards either extremely mobile teams or extremely tanky teams as you'll need to initiate on towers or split push a lot without a ranged carry).

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I think LoL is trying to SPECIFICALLY coax me back. I main Dark Lady in HoN.

edit: urgot is an anti-damage character, he can tunnel like crazy with his q and he reduces the damage they deal if they try to fight him.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ashe = Corki IMHO

they serve very different purposes and are both great, it's just a question of what your team needs. I also still have a hard time calling Urgot a ranged carry when he lacks the ability to safely poke at a tower while you're pushing and also typically has a low enough attack speed that he can't actually tear it down in any sort of hurry :(. I agree he's really good, but while I know ranged carry is the closest role to describe what he does, it just doesn't quite feel right to me because I think he changes the dynamic of the team he's on in the same way as having a Melee Carry solo does (typically towards either extremely mobile teams or extremely tanky teams as you'll need to initiate on towers or split push a lot without a ranged carry).
Urgot is an anti-carry. He beats everyone at mid except Anivia, IMO. People call him a ranged carry a lot, but he's really not. I don't think he scales too well when he gets fed, like a carry should. He can't just 3 shot people like a fed trynda or yi or twisted or ashe. He doesn't have an ult that increases his damage. I use his ult offensively to finish a kill pretty often, though. I'll ult and throw my E right in front of htem and they always walk back into it, and then W->QQQ for the win.

I had a 20 kill game with urgot yesterday, and I still never got that feeling I get when I got fed on a true carry.

He's incredibly good at focusing down their ranged carries and AP carries. I often skip the team fight and push the other team's carry out and chase him away. My team will win the 4v4 usually if I can get their carry out.

What a fun champ.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
Urgot is an anti-carry. He beats everyone at mid except Anivia, IMO. People call him a ranged carry a lot, but he's really not. I don't think he scales too well when he gets fed, like a carry should. He can't just 3 shot people like a fed trynda or yi or twisted or ashe. He doesn't have an ult that increases his damage. I use his ult offensively to finish a kill pretty often, though. I'll ult and throw my E right in front of htem and they always walk back into it, and then W->QQQ for the win.

I had a 20 kill game with urgot yesterday, and I still never got that feeling I get when I got fed on a true carry.

He's incredibly good at focusing down their ranged carries and AP carries. I often skip the team fight and push the other team's carry out and chase him away. My team will win the 4v4 usually if I can get their carry out.

What a fun champ.
anivia gets outharassed easy by urgot her laning presence is really weak before 6

jpak

Smash Lord
Jazriel filled with knowledge!

@Dastrn - switch to cdr boots, consider getting last whisper, cleaver, banshee on him, dont finish the ghost blade or get mallet.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Correction- DotA has, and has had a hero that does the same thing, for about 6 years :)

She was an insane carry/chase, think malphite slow/speed buff, this trail thing, and can run through walls with it ;_;
I was talking only about the ult.

Which the dark lady does.

Stop correcting me on a game i've played, I know what I'm talking about >_>.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Gives increased MS.

Ult is similar, it's a direct effect on champ's (global from what I can assume) like how Merc would create doubles on top of everyone and can warp to them. This ult seems a bit better imo. <.<

Merc also had a skill that shielded her, similar to the absorption one for Nocturne.
I agree with you that Duskbringer sounds exactly like Spectral Dagger, I'd imagine the only difference is that you can't jump terrain and can't fire it off wherever you want.

But, Dispersion hasn't had a chance to flat out cancel damage in years, and as it has been for the last few years it's not really similar at all.

As for the ult, it says you can dash at a nearby enemy champ, so mostly it sounds like a Dark Lady ult except you don't have to target it.

Overall I'd have to say:
It's like a hodgepodge of Spectre, Ancient Apparation, and HoN's Dark Lady.
Is right on the money.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
the new champ sounds OP already. that is what i said about jarvan too lol. but really, he doesnt look all that cool. get rid of the blades and make him have claws. then hed be badass

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Okay now everybody tries to write a Champion name with their elbows, no backspacing, go!

HGasnt gp;lk asnjhki

thats Gangplank

Correction- DotA has, and has had a hero that does the same thing, for about 6 years :)

She was an insane carry/chase, think malphite slow/speed buff, this trail thing, and can run through walls with it ;_;
yeah KevinM plays DotA....

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
To me Nocturne seems like he'd be a lot weaker in arranged play due to being able to communicate through microphones.

"SOMEONES ON ME"
compared to
typetypetype 'heal me'ty-dead.

also does he have a blink or can he literally walk through walls?

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
cfddsdel;pzs opo0m ,m p;-l,aQyiunh gt pooijkwem jo0lbh

"creeps OP, playing Pokemon"

Top Bottom