• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
OH YEAH MISTYPE

my b the ww had flash ignite.

your right its a pointless justification. but ironic cause im arguing with u about this and then i solo queue to this guy who ***** without it

smite is best for every aspect of jungling except: ganking!!

u can tell me im just wrong and thats how it is, but then im going to have to ignore u. i mean what intelligent person just takes whatever they hear that's supposedly right for granted without sound arguments for the "right point" and against the "Wrong point"? and when i wall of text and u dont respond to anything but the parts u misinterpret and the few acknowledged negatives to not having it..

ffs that analogy was terrible. dude u act like the people i play with our comparable to people who refuse to use the c stick. if u honestly are still trying to justify your bad analogy then I have no idea why I am even typing

so much for discussion when all u are going to do is not repsond and try to build an ego. I realize its impossible for someone with a bigger ego to even discuss this as if they could be wrong.

yeah i should have known before replying.. lesson learned i guess. this is why smashboards is awful YAY
sorry guys keep talking about your stuff

Frolossus

Smash Lord
Hasty generalization much? While it's true that smite doesn't directly help you gank it allows you to gank sooner and more frequently. Also you have ghost to assist with ganking

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
smite helps you be able to gank sooner

but id rather be able to have an extra 200 low level damage than being able to look for a gank faster in 9/10 times

smite helps in its way but ignite outweighs those for me

look i give up lol its fine. im lelo

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Atm, top level players are picking smite on their junglers in part because it's a massive help for buff control. To say you just ward everything isn't realistically the best way to make sure you get the neutral objectives. That's just theorycraft which has failed over and over in live action.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
safehaven, maybe you're wrong and people aren't going to engage in the huge argument when it's clear to the rest of us.

It's not about ego. It's about a pretty objective truth. There is a clear advantage to taking smite. Clearing the jungle faster with blue buff means having more health when you get red, which means your gank is easier. Clearing the jungle faster means more gold per second, means more items, which means more damage, which means easier ganks. Stealing buffs is a bigger part of good league play than you realize. Saying "at low level games, you don't have to do that very often" just means "I can choose a sub-optimal option and still win." well, yeah that's often true.

You're not even arguing that ignite over smite is optimal. You're kind of just arguing that it's feasible to still not fail if you take ignite. Which is fine. When playing people worse than you, sure, you can succeed with a sub-optimal build. But competitive gaming isn't about that. It's about min-maxing. It's about cutting razor close edges. It's about pulling out victories that seemed improbable. It's about theory-crafting, and then drilling concepts over and over and over until you've found ideal paths to advantages.

You're arguing for a less than ideal path. If you were right and all of us would be wrong, then you'd be at a higher level of play and people would be watching your stream. But that's not happening. People know who Dekar is because he's a top 5 player IN THE WORLD at 3v3. High-ELO players ALL unanimously take Smite on every jungler every time for a reason. They didn't get to the absolute top of the game by being sheep. They pioneered this ****.

I'm sorry that you're behind the game, but stop crying the victim when we all say you're wrong.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
So much text x.x

Can some one explain to me the advantages for lantern > blood razor? I can theorize as much as I want, but I want some one smarter then me to explain.
the lifesteal, its much cheaper than madreds, some other things im sure btter ppl will say

safehaven, maybe you're wrong and people aren't going to engage in the huge argument when it's clear to the rest of us.

It's not about ego. It's about a pretty objective truth. There is a clear advantage to taking smite. Clearing the jungle faster with blue buff means having more health when you get red, which means your gank is easier. Clearing the jungle faster means more gold per second, means more items, which means more damage, which means easier ganks. Stealing buffs is a bigger part of good league play than you realize. Saying "at low level games, you don't have to do that very often" just means "I can choose a sub-optimal option and still win." well, yeah that's often true.

You're not even arguing that ignite over smite is optimal. You're kind of just arguing that it's feasible to still not fail if you take ignite. Which is fine. When playing people worse than you, sure, you can succeed with a sub-optimal build. But competitive gaming isn't about that. It's about min-maxing. It's about cutting razor close edges. It's about pulling out victories that seemed improbable. It's about theory-crafting, and then drilling concepts over and over and over until you've found ideal paths to advantages.

You're arguing for a less than ideal path. If you were right and all of us would be wrong, then you'd be at a higher level of play and people would be watching your stream. But that's not happening. People know who Dekar is because he's a top 5 player IN THE WORLD at 3v3. High-ELO players ALL unanimously take Smite on every jungler every time for a reason. They didn't get to the absolute top of the game by being sheep. They pioneered this ****.

I'm sorry that you're behind the game, but stop crying the victim when we all say you're wrong.
a little late to the party dastrn. he already said that he is lelo and that he gives up and that it is fine. dont really need your 6 paragraphs to kill this horse

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Bandwagons win mafia games.

Yes this is an attempt to relieve drama.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
nothing like jumping a bandwagon though =L
god i hate smashboards
But we're trying to explain why it's bad. Some of us more condescending than others, but in the end we ARE trying to help you improve your gameplay. I don't know why you need to be personally offended or turned away :\

Lantern gives you lifesteal, a free ward every 3 minutes (adds up to quite a bit of gold over time), and the madred's razor proc which also gives lifesteal (let's you easily run into jungle and hit some creeps to regen a lot between fights so you don't have to back to base), and it's infinitely cheaper than the bloodrazor. Of course depending on the hero (like WW) or the situation (a lot of high HP enemies) you'd want to go for the Bloodrazor if your jungler is attack reliant, but Wriggle's is one of the best items for your money in the game.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
So much text x.x

Can some one explain to me the advantages for lantern > blood razor? I can theorize as much as I want, but I want some one smarter then me to explain.
when lantern procs, you lifesteal off that extra 500 damage so basically, it just lets you stay high as long as you keep attacking.

and for just sheer efficiency, a 75 gold recipe gives you:
8 damage
7 armor
2% lifesteal
+5% chance of 500 damage proc
ward every 3 minutes

basically, it's just absurd efficiency

ashe's arrow is the best spell in the game
yep

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
ashe's kit is too good.

Q's slow should have extra mana for leveling it up.
Volley being set mana is okay, but I think applying Ashe's level 5 slow completely is a bit silly (2 second aoe slow on a 4 second cool down at 1200 range.... HURRRR)
Ashe's Arrow is an aoe ult that stuns + slows. Once you hit level 6, you don't need to level it up until level 17/18. Levelling it up does not:
1. Reduce cooldown
2. Increase the slow or stun properties

Other characters have extremely long cooldown AMAZING ults at level 6 that are WORTH LEVELLING UP. Ashe's ult is at its maximum effectiveness at level 6 only.

She needs a rework/revaluation in my opinion. She will ALWAYS be the best ranged carry in the game unless theres a carry out there who does something like 70% or more damage than her.

When Ezreal, Corki, MF and Twitch completely made her look useless in terms of damage, Riot first completely destroyed their utility before nerfing their damage. But pretty much, Ashe has always been the no.1 or no.2 ranged carry except during the time of zomg twitch, corki, sivir and mf.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I remember when Ashe's volley had even more range and fired even more arrows in the same radius, making it super hard to dodge even when standing behind minions. .____.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pretty sure it's magic damage. It'd be really inconsistent, even for Riot, for it to scale exclusively with AP and it be physical.

Also, the AoE portion of the damage is half of the base damage.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
+175 AoE magic damage OR +1 gold/minion kill

<_<

>_>

you still level R whenever you can on Ashe, that damage is far from insignificant.
If you're mid, you want a level 3 hawk shot to be able to cover dragon, both buffs on your side, and with some walking both of their buffs (because two clairs > one)
You also want to max out q and w asap.

175 magic damage with no magic penetration built on ashe at all (and I doubt you'd grab the 15% mastery either). I feel its insignificant. And I'm still pretty sure its unfair that the stun length and cooldown don't scale with level.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Tried to play tonight. Lots of fail. Back to pokeymanz.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
I don't understand why it's unfair that the stun length doesn't scale. Why can't it remain constant and other things scale?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I think you somehow have to get your laning opponent down to low health while you still have highish health, and then zone them while farming.

If you can't maintain that dynamic, you get outfarmed, uber harassed, and its gg.
I still don't get how kassadins actually lane against just about anyone.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
nothing like jumping a bandwagon though =L
god i hate smashboards
yeah you're right, I'm just jumping on a bandwagon. It has nothing to do with my 1000 games played. I wasn't just making a point based on my experience in game. I was just reading whatever else was saying and regurgitating it.

derp.

Dekar173

Justice Man
yeah you're right, I'm just jumping on a bandwagon. It has nothing to do with my 1000 games played. I wasn't just making a point based on my experience in game. I was just reading whatever else was saying and regurgitating it.

derp.
Bandwagoner dummy.

Evanms

Smash Journeyman

derp.

^Paragraph own!

Dude minion changes can go die.
Been busy with work. As odin has said its not like im missing out on much.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
It says on her upgrade bar that the AoE damage is physical... is that wrong?
yea, that's definitely wrong. damage is magical.

If you're mid, you want a level 3 hawk shot to be able to cover dragon, both buffs on your side, and with some walking both of their buffs (because two clairs > one)
You also want to max out q and w asap.

175 magic damage with no magic penetration built on ashe at all (and I doubt you'd grab the 15% mastery either). I feel its insignificant. And I'm still pretty sure its unfair that the stun length and cooldown don't scale with level.
*shrugs* I still think leveling R is correct, but I do see your point and it's somewhat logical even if I don't agree with it.

Tried to play tonight. Lots of fail. Back to pokeymanz.
man, these posts never get old. please give us another update tomorrow.

Kassadins, how do they work?
very carefully. was the question about how to build him or what?

I think you somehow have to get your laning opponent down to low health while you still have highish health, and then zone them while farming.

If you can't maintain that dynamic, you get outfarmed, uber harassed, and its gg.
I still don't get how kassadins actually lane against just about anyone.
he's just really matchup dependent. I just get by in rough matchups by running a massively tanky rune spec and running teleport to get an early item/level advantage.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Over 2 hours without a post... Scary...

I played with Jpak, Pobelt, Zoso, and Tom last night. Fun games. Still feel bad about that loss where I tried to tower dive to save Poppy. If I simply recognized we couldn't of won that one we would of been fine and probably won shortly after :(.

Amumu is lol though, I keep spazzing on his controls for some reason, trying to tantrum and turning off my despair and such lol. At least I didn't ult while hiding in bushes several times like I did the day before.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I definitely thought we were talking about Volley there for some reason instead of the Arrow, lol.

Minion hotfix ftw. After watching the Euro finals I missed the old gameplay.

jpak

Smash Lord

I played with Jpak, Pobelt, Zoso, and Tom last night. Fun games. Still feel bad about that loss where I tried to tower dive to save Poppy. If I simply recognized we couldn't of won that one we would of been fine and probably won shortly after :(.

Amumu is lol though, I keep spazzing on his controls for some reason, trying to tantrum and turning off my despair and such lol. At least I didn't ult while hiding in bushes several times like I did the day before.
Not your fault, we cannot have the ap carry tanking turret, and with Ashe as our main damage output, there isn't enough damage to be backdooring like that.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Not your fault, we cannot have the ap carry tanking turret, and with Ashe as our main damage output, there isn't enough damage to be backdooring like that.
I'm not upset or anything. But I still believe I caused the snowball effect that caused us to lose 2-3 additional champs. If I just recognized Poppy was done for and backed out when you did I feel we would of had 3-4 champs up rather than the 1 we had because I thought we had enough of an advantage to fight them at the turret there. You and someone else were backing out when I went back in.

I don't know if your trying to make me feel better or if it really wasn't my fault originally. I do believe that my going back in at a bad position led to the snowball effect of more dying. To me it's just something to note and improve upon. As I want to become a good player.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer

derp.

that was my fault, not yours. i greatly overestimated my ability to tank that tower. gbagrlgb.

on another note holy hell did pobelter rip through that 1v2 top lane or what

L__

Smash Master
^ that's a russian advertisement for sexy time pills

at least that's what google gave me

Top Bottom