• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
why does no one jungle at low levels?
i'm level 17 (regularly play with a couple 30s), and I think i've played a total of two games where both sides had a jungler...
is it really that hard a concept?
I'm still working my way from the 20's to level 30, and even though jungling is the most fun for me, but I only jungle when I que with friends.
It's just not really realistic to assume that the people I'm playing with can play with half a brain and avoid being killed in a 2v1 lane every five seconds.

For a few days I played jungle Nunu/Udyr in solo ques but I can't even keep track of how many times the 2v1 character lost us the game. Like when 30 seconds into the game I would see the character in the solo lane type something like "Nunu u need to be bot with me! wtf r u doing! I cant play against 2 champs!"
The kind of response you would hope for is along the lines of "I will adjust my playing to compensate for not having a partner in lane, and abuse the level advantage and gold advantage I will get by being the only person in this lane. I will play fairly cautiously but tell my jungler to cover my lane so I can heal/buy items if needed."

Sure, occasionally I might get somebody who can play well, or maybe somebody grinding up a smurf and everything works swimmingly, but more often than not jungling just seems like a bad idea when I'm doing a solo que.

jpak

Smash Lord
what happen to your team that they cant show up to play a tournament? D:
Lulzorness was on vacation, rolos didn't show (emergency), and pobelter had a lan tournament for LoL. It's fine I made top 8 which gives me points for the next tourney which is next Sunday!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Jungling at low levels is hard without the runes.
Its just not very efficient.

Also yeah, 1v2 situations. Most characters can't handle it.
(It's funny, people complain that jungling is too op, yet a lot of team comps these days dedicate a solo lane to a character that WOULD NOT be able to handle 1v2 at all)

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
I'm so annoyed now a days.

Like I play LoL with 7 friends from home and only 2 of them are actually good. The rest are terrible and never know when to do certain roles like Shen ult (etc) in a pinch or simply healing with Soraka/Sona/Taric.

It's so frustrating! I have just a buttload of defeats in my history. =(

Just wanted to vent.

<3 you guys for listening.

john!

Smash Hero
just did my first premade ranked with some randoms i had on my friend list. didn't turn out well :( the teams there are so well coordinated, you pretty much need to have skype/vent to succeed.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Smite stealing baron as a lonely little troll feels good, man. Never go for important objectives w/o it!

Still though, Jarvan ganks are among the manliest things around.

Spife

Smash Master
How the **** do I handle counter-jungling? Every time anyone's ever tried they've succeeded and it's left my little clown with not a grin to be seen.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You shouldn't be counterjungled as Shaco because you should be in their jungle :p

Need to ward your jungle entrances (4 major ones) and have support from the team or you're going to keep getting wrecked.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Or be a little sillier with your boxes and go for level 1 teamfights, and use the gold advantage to make your jungling faster/safer.

Anybody with a stun or silence at level 1 plus your fear basically guarantees a dead face-checker. And they WILL facecheck so that they can pop dem boxes.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I've been strategising/thinking about 5 man premade Shaco and what not.

Clairvoyance doesn't see jitbs.

3 jitbs red -> 1 in bush behind red, another at main jungle entrance.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Or be a little sillier with your boxes and go for level 1 teamfights, and use the gold advantage to make your jungling faster/safer.

Anybody with a stun or silence at level 1 plus your fear basically guarantees a dead face-checker. And they WILL facecheck so that they can pop dem boxes.
well, there's a reason most teams carry a CV...

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Riot's all about them inconsistencies.

Just learned a couple days ago that lifesteal isn't even affected by spirit visage. :[

Spife

Smash Master
shaco in enemy's jungle at the start? lol.
I've done this twice. Once because a friend of mine and I are bosses and we did double jungle (and wrecked, thank god they didn't have a jungle). The other time cause they had an eve jungling and I figured she was going to go for smite steal/**** up my day, so I went for her blue golem. Turns out she laned for a few levels then jungled(?).

against any blue dependent jungler i run to their red put down 5 boxes and smite their blue wraith then take their red
then proceed to go across the jungle from blue to mini golems
What are "blue dependent junglers"? Actually, is there a list/can some one give me one of the champs who can jungle (with smite and without?) I could probably infer from there (but the original "blue dependents" would be neat too).

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I've done this twice. Once because a friend of mine and I are bosses and we did double jungle (and wrecked, thank god they didn't have a jungle). The other time cause they had an eve jungling and I figured she was going to go for smite steal/**** up my day, so I went for her blue golem. Turns out she laned for a few levels then jungled(?).

What are "blue dependent junglers"? Actually, is there a list/can some one give me one of the champs who can jungle (with smite and without?) I could probably infer from there (but the original "blue dependents" would be neat too).
the most blue dependent junglers are amumu, udyr, fiddlesticks and pretty much any unconventional jungler with mana (like, you see a Pantheon, Karma, or Karthus jungling, they probably need blue to do their path).

smiteless junglers are... who the **** cares? jungling without smite is like going for a swim in the pacific with a hoodie and jeans on... just because maybe you won't die doesn't mean it's a good idea. the most common ******* who assume they are above smite are:

1.Fiddle
2.Fiddle
3.Fiddle
4.Fiddle
5.Warwick
6.Fiddle
7.Fiddle
8.Fiddle
9.Fiddle
10.Fiddle

seriously, every ****ing Fiddle player thinks they don't need smite.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
By blue dependent do you mean they require blue at early jungle levels (1-6) or they continue to require it after the first blue? Udyr really only needs the first one while Amumu tends to need it throughout the game.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
So I've gotten comfortable with Amumu, WW, Shaco, Rammus as junglers. I hate Rammus so I barely ever play him anymore. I also finally hit 30 (yay for full rune sets/masteries).

If I was going to pick up another jungler who would you recommend? I'm thinking I would try Udyr or Trundle next. I have fiddle unlocked so I guess I could try him.

My first game with Amumu, Eve tried to gank but my top was aware and I managed to get blue and first blood, ended up going 8-0-6 first game, he's really easy to jungle with so I'm kind of sad that my friend who mains Amumu has never even attempted to start as jungle Amumu. I went 9-0-21 and I think mpen/armor/flatmr/hpquints.

safehaven

Banned via Warnings
NUNU FFS
top jungler no one notices lol cause of his late game or some ****

also jungling without smite with ww is fine. even better than jungling with smite depending on the situation
better to have ignite or flash than a ss u wont need and one that becomes basically useless (besides baron and dragon steals and even then there are better ways to steal) after u get razors

LOL no smite must be noob lolololol

Also
if you know they are a jungle who starts at mini golems (shen, xin, some ww) and u have ward coverage and they dont have cv... why not start at their blue? id say theres less risk starting there than starting at your own golem

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I guess Jarvan isn't really blue dependent but he needs it if he wants to finish the jungle at a decent speed at all. Trundle and Olaf can do whatever and still tear through it. Jarvan also isn't very self-sustained due to lack of any sort of self heal so he's more susceptible to counterjungling than other junglers.

ALWAYS take Smite as a jungler... I'd say the only POSSIBLE exception would be Cho'Gath (since Feast > Smite, but at the cost of your insta-gib nuke)... you risk losing your Dragons and Barons and Buffs to opponent junglers with Smite otherwise.

Yesterday I played against a team that tried to take Baron w/ 4 people, but their jungler wasn't with them... I just waltzed up with Trundle and Smite stole it and there was nothing they could do about it.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
NuNu requires a generally very high level of play to be successful. You need your team to be capable of pushing a strong early game advantage into a decisive victory. You also need to just have good game sense to know where you should be lining yourself up for ganks and counter jungling opportunities.

it is never right for a jungler to not take smite. period. there is really no argument to be had here. there's a reason every top level jungler takes smite on every character they play in the jungle.

I guess Jarvan isn't really blue dependent but he needs it if he wants to finish the jungle at a decent speed at all. Trundle and Olaf can do whatever and still tear through it. Jarvan also isn't very self-sustained due to lack of any sort of self heal so he's more susceptible to counterjungling than other junglers.

ALWAYS take Smite as a jungler... I'd say the only POSSIBLE exception would be Cho'Gath (since Feast > Smite, but at the cost of your insta-gib nuke)... you risk losing your Dragons and Barons and Buffs to opponent junglers with Smite otherwise.
he's fine without blue. you just use your E and you're fine, no need for anything else when getting blue is difficult, and it's still really fast between the AS boost and AoE damage off of E next to his passive's insane DPS increase.

and like, rammus doesn't have a self heal, but he's still awesome for the same reason as jarman and that's that their innate armor and armor skill are crazy for making them take very little damage from jungle creeps. cloth + 5 hp pots and you can do extensive jungle runs without touching buff camps.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I guess you could do that, but his ganks are much weaker. If you grab blue you can max Q over E and that makes your ganks much more potent and increases your overall early game damage output (his Q is by far his best skill, imo. Easy, safe, spammable harass with a good debuff/damage and clears creepwaves quickly).

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I guess you could do that, but his ganks are much weaker. If you grab blue you can max Q over E and that makes your ganks much more potent and increases your overall early game damage output (his Q is by far his best skill, imo. Easy, safe, spammable harass with a good debuff/damage and clears creepwaves quickly).
Q and E have the same base damage across all levels. E has greater range, is easier to hit, buffs your sustained damage and survivability and buffs your teammates. Leveling Q earlier is less effective for a whole bunch of reasons, but the biggest one is that it increases the armor pen by 4%/level, which at early levels is lucky to be more than a 2 or 3 point difference. I understand that it has higher theoretical damage output in the jungle because of the reduced CD on it, but it doesn't really effect his ganking because a successful jarman gank comes down to your first E + Q, which doesn't care about which you leveled first and the AS + teammate buff is just as likely to give you a kill as the 2-3 extra reduced armor. And leveling Q, while reducing the CD, also increases the mana, making it a huge drain on your mana pool if you're using it to speed up your jungle camp clearing, leaving you at lower mana when you decide to gank, which again is a problem unless you're hoarding blue buffs over your AP carry.

W is also just so overrated, it's a pretty forgettable shield IMHO. 1 point wonder if you ask me.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Having fun playing pokemon. This is what video games that don't constantly punish you are like.

...Don't worry. I'll still be back sometime soon letting LoL ruin my evenings.

Top Bottom