• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

john!

Smash Hero
so why isn't karthus used much in top elo? what is holding him back? i've been wrecking with him lately and he might be my new best champ. he's like a better anivia... more aoe damage, more single target damage over time, a better wall, and a passive that also punishes enemies for focusing you first in a team fight... with no cooldown. his damage and farming are ridiculous.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
so why isn't karthus used much in top elo? what is holding him back? i've been wrecking with him lately and he might be my new best champ. he's like a better anivia... more aoe damage, more single target damage over time, a better wall, and a passive that also punishes enemies for focusing you first in a team fight... with no cooldown. his damage and farming are ridiculous.
High skill cap, higher than Anivia's. Plus people there always buy Banshee's, which will often be up to block the ult

edit: On another note, after playing Karma again I've decided she's not half bad now. The cd buff to her W helped SO much now, and it's actually what I've decided to max first - having that strong of a haste for multiple people every couple seconds is powerful. True, she can't save a person being focus fired by 4 people like Janna can, but I think she's still very viable. Not Janna =/= trash

Frolossus

Smash Lord
1. he is squishy as balls
2. his wall has fewer uses
3. just kill him and stay away from his ghost and he does nothing
4. don't think his abilities scale as well as anivia's

also hextech anivia's ingame model is amazing
http://lol.zone.gamebase.com.tw/zone/lol/skin_view

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Can someone tell me how to gank effectively with Nunu.

Like after I clear the jungle I get about 2 ganks on average. However once I go back to base I can no longer gank effectively. Does anyone know good tips to gank?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You need to try to gank lanes that are being pushed, preferably where the opponent hero has been harassed some so you don't try to gank at full health without a hard stun. Don't consider it a failed gank if they happen to escape by using a summoner spell. If they blew one to get away from you it means they won't have it later when they need it/you come gank again.

If you're jungling ganking isn't the only thing you want to do anyway, you need to make sure to ward and secure your jungle, and, I guess since you're Nunu, you could try to mess w/ theirs some.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
You need to try to gank lanes that are being pushed, preferably where the opponent hero has been harassed some so you don't try to gank at full health without a hard stun. Don't consider it a failed gank if they happen to escape by using a summoner spell. If they blew one to get away from you it means they won't have it later when they need it/you come gank again.

If you're jungling ganking isn't the only thing you want to do anyway, you need to make sure to ward and secure your jungle, and, I guess since you're Nunu, you could try to mess w/ theirs some.
Thank you for putting enemies burning their summoners spells in perspective . That happened multiple times and I felt like I failed. I even got yelled at =( Like it was my second time jungling with Nunu, and I thought I did a really good job keeping everything warded.

Say I'm trying to gank bot lane. The tank is about half life, and the squishy is full. Should I aim tank or squishy?

Turazrok

Smash Master
One thing I love about jarvan is forcing flash :X

Flash has 2x the cd of his ulti, so you can effectively guarantee the kill next time it's up.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Thank you for putting enemies burning their summoners spells in perspective . That happened multiple times and I felt like I failed. I even got yelled at =( Like it was my second time jungling with Nunu, and I thought I did a really good job keeping everything warded.

Say I'm trying to gank bot lane. The tank is about half life, and the squishy is full. Should I aim tank or squishy?
That really depends on who has what summoners and what sort of regen they have (like pots vs no pots). If you can you usually want to go for the squishy since they tend to be easier to take down, but they usually have some sort of escape mechanism and the tank will tend to try to help them. If they start to get away just switch focus to the tank (unless you can get a kill off a quick dive and survive, preferably). Even if they don't die, if they use up summoners and are both forced to back you can get an easy tower which gives map control and global gold/exp.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
NeverKnowsBest:

Whoever will die. Remember tanky champs with half health are still harder to kill than squishies. Sometimes they'll have 40+ more resists or whatever, and that half health might mean 600 health as opposed to 700 with crummy resists on the full health squishy. Be aware of that stuff, some champs are really good at refusing to die.

Also remember that tankier champs often have the disables and moves to save teammates. So sometimes CC'ing them and just focusing them down is easier than trying to kill the squishy (who usually packs an escape mechanism like flash or a blink move) because the squishy will have their support.

It really just depends. Generally I just try and get the person who is most likely not to survive.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Got a big buff, imo. Not one of the top mages yet, however.

jpak

Smash Lord
dont get ap, get mana. manamune/arachangel, banshee, glacial shroud, mpen boots

Evanms

Smash Journeyman
Tear first double catalyst banshees archangle! Gogo hard counter veigar ap-less caster!

@Turaz
Hurr durr that's the whole point with any gank lol.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
srry if this is a ridiculous questions, but is this supposedly better option even viable? like is he still a viable mage? will i be getting kills with this build at all?

Turazrok

Smash Master
Let me say something stupid as I pretend to be amazing.
Why yes it is the point, however since Jarvan's ult is point and click it is, in a manner, idiot proof.

Well IDK about that.

Also stop trolling you grilled cheese.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
srry if this is a ridiculous questions, but is this supposedly better option even viable? like is he still a viable mage? will i be getting kills with this build at all?
It's stronger than building AP with him at the moment. It makes him a good mage, but not one of the top tiers, imo.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dan, your avatar frightens me.

You'd think it was hilarious if you've seen the video it came from. :p

He scales with MANA, so yeah it's good.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Not spell flux, but his snare and his Q (which has pretty much nonexistant CD) scale w/ mana, so obviously you'd prioritize that. Plus extra mana means you can keep the spam up longer. Spell Flux is minimal priority in this Ryze.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Additionally, you get pretty heft cd from Frozen Heart, so all in one item you get survivability, strength, and cooldown. It's great on him.

In other news, I think I'm gonna go on a big support kick. Played some Karma and Janna lately and just loved it - it's pretty cool to be that person that saves someone's life or hands them the kill

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I know! I used to dread it when you chose a solo lane character... because I knew that if you died early you were going to feed unstoppably, lol.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
i remember i used to solo mid all the time when i first started playing LoL. but now after letting others take mid and laning with a partner, i dont take mid or a solo lane much anymore.

ill mostly only solo if we have a jungler. then ill go like vlad and solo top or something

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
i remember i used to solo mid all the time when i first started playing LoL. but now after letting others take mid and laning with a partner, i dont take mid or a solo lane much anymore.

ill mostly only solo if we have a jungler. then ill go like vlad and solo top or something
I've always preferred solo lanes, but I think that's because I've traditionally played ad and ap carries. Slowly getting used to side lane life, though

jpak

Smash Lord
dear junglers and dragon lovers,
dragon is not that important! dont force a fight for it if you think there is any chance youll lose! you can give up three dragons and win real easy.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
I've always preferred solo lanes, but I think that's because I've traditionally played ad and ap carries. Slowly getting used to side lane life, though
same. i used to play annie all the time, and went mid a ton. then i started playing support/tanks and started side laning more.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
Yeah, I wanna try that sometime.
I would nuke 1/5th of Ashe's health at level 2 with Shiv. lolol on a 5 sec cooldown with CD reduction. AT LEVEL 2

Top Bottom