• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
SK Gaming eliminated. Get wrecked wickd.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
That was brutal.

Kinda weird to me they'd pick such immobile champs in Soraka, MF, and Annie against that team. I dunno. I thought EU loved mobility and stuff.

jpak

Smash Lord
SK isnt that good. myR is the top team in EU i think. soraka going cv+heal = get ganked all day. xpeke is probably top 3 player in EU too. gragas as a tank is :\

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Pharaoh Nidalee skin on sale this weekend. Picked it up and then wrecked faces in my first game back on her. What a fun champ.

I have noticed another major problem with the current creep system. You can't leave your frakkin solo lane to shop unless someone holds for you. It used to be that you could push the lane a little bit and then get back in a hurry and defend after that next wave pushed to your tower. But now a solo champ with any kind of creep clearing skill at all can just push your tower HARD if you leave lane at all. In this last game I had a Swain in my lane and I literally couldn't leave lane until like level 10 because if I did he could wreck my tower.

Kleeck

Smash Apprentice
Ah cool, I'm surprised that wasn't posted as an announcement, since General Discussion seems to get flooded often.
RIOT is pretty bad at making announcements in a uniform and professional way. Like, using the Announcement Forums... Or the front page news feed... I digress.

It'd be nice if, as we stumble across these tidbits, to just include the source with the announcement.

DUB

Smash Lord
Pharaoh Nidalee skin on sale this weekend. Picked it up and then wrecked faces in my first game back on her. What a fun champ.

I have noticed another major problem with the current creep system. You can't leave your frakkin solo lane to shop unless someone holds for you. It used to be that you could push the lane a little bit and then get back in a hurry and defend after that next wave pushed to your tower. But now a solo champ with any kind of creep clearing skill at all can just push your tower HARD if you leave lane at all. In this last game I had a Swain in my lane and I literally couldn't leave lane until like level 10 because if I did he could wreck my tower.
I fuggin lost mid tower to a sivir at like 4 minutes cuz i had to b once. its crazy

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
my friend once played a ranked where there was 2 mid, 1 jungle, other lanes soloed. only reason they lost is because 1 member from the mid lane fed. the other 2 solo lanes played awesome

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
im so glad there r ppl u have on friends lists and stuff and swf to play with. im so sick of solo queing and playing with a shen and maokai that both go tankish, and then having a sion that goes pure tank with me as akali and a jarvan that almost goes tank as well. it's like wtf. i never get tanks when i want them but when i do, i get 4.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
I was nasus solo top today vs a cait and a nunu was in our jungle counter jungling our amumu. When I went to go help him by the time I got back top cait took my tower from full health to 500 at lvl 3. wtf.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
Rune advice please.

I've made a smurf to help my friend get into LoL.

I was wondering the if it's ok to buy tier 1 runes? On my main I waited till level 20 to buy tier 3 because everyone kept bashing tier 1.

So can I get some pros and cons of tier 1 runes?

Dekar173

Justice Man
Rune advice please.

I've made a smurf to help my friend get into LoL.

I was wondering the if it's ok to buy tier 1 runes? On my main I waited till level 20 to buy tier 3 because everyone kept bashing tier 1.

So can I get some pros and cons of tier 1 runes?
They help you win at lower levels, because you're not at a complete disadvantage, just don't go buying anything more than 25 level 1 runes so you can get a free random level 3 ;p

Avoid level 2 runes like the plague, though.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
They help you win at lower levels, because you're not at a complete disadvantage, just don't go buying anything more than 25 level 1 runes so you can get a free random level 3 ;p

Avoid level 2 runes like the plague, though.
kk so I don't intend on buying other champions on my smurf. I bought Ashe and I have Trist. Would it be ok if I bought 6 tier 1 runes per area right now? Like if I wanted 6 armor pen reds, 6 mana reg yellows, and 6 mana reg blues would that be ok? Also, what level are tier 1 runes no longer available?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
It's a smurf, whatever you buy on your smurf doesn't matter :p

Also, I freaking love Trundle. I finally have someone to jungle with that I can play well and isn't a bad jungler (I also think that Jarvan is better laner than jungler, though he likes blue buffs and his ganks are pretty strong... he's not very self-sustained though)!

-Vocal-

Smash Hero

One game I was mid against Vlad and he went to gank; I need to b, so I pushed to his tower and left the lane alone. By the time I got back he had taken my tower within 1/10th of its life :/
Thank god

edit:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=560013

Support buff incoming! Also Lux damage aspect nerfs and support aspect buffs. Should be interesting.

edit2: Lux damage nerfs aren't that bad; ult ratio reduced to .75 from .85, still decent for what it does

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Maokai is soooo good.

Bump up the AP ratio on his q and he'd be the best ap support carry everrrrrrrrrrr.
(Since Morgana, Since Healing Ezreal, SINCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE)

DUB

Smash Lord
kk so I don't intend on buying other champions on my smurf. I bought Ashe and I have Trist. Would it be ok if I bought 6 tier 1 runes per area right now? Like if I wanted 6 armor pen reds, 6 mana reg yellows, and 6 mana reg blues would that be ok? Also, what level are tier 1 runes no longer available?

I bought TF on my smurf. thats the only IP I spent. I'm stashing all my IP until I hit 20 or 30 and buying a full set if I can. It should be enough.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Maokai is soooo good.

Bump up the AP ratio on his q and he'd be the best ap support carry everrrrrrrrrrr.
(Since Morgana, Since Healing Ezreal, SINCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE)
How in god's name did you have time to get 1998 games in ranked

and play smash

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
im just looking at some random builds here:

is it fair to say that mana/CDR ryze is more viable now post-patch?

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/ryze-revamped-ap-be-damned-58599
Yes; it's much better than any other way you might build him lately because it turns him into an offtank, though in most cases you won't want RoA first. If the other team has several disables (most do) rush Banshee's, then get Glacial Shroud, then Frozen Heart, and finish with Rod of Ages. If they're magic heavy, go straight to RoA from Banshee's and stack them from there on out if you like - m resist and hp counter mage teams. The important thing here is just adapt and change your build order depending on what you need. For example, are you not getting CC focused but having trouble with phys damage? After building catalyst, get your shroud before finishing Banshee's (which also gives you more nuke power sooner). Stuff like that

Top Bottom