• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Was I the only person who found it weird that you took a bird to the Earth Temple and a tree to the Wind Temple, I always thought it should've been the other way around.

Also, is the reason that people now play Ryze top over other mages with no escape (lack of escape was apparently why mages couldn't go top and bully the bruisers and tanks) is that he eventually gets tankier later on, or is this once of those cases where one player did it and succeeded and everyone copied them.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Medli's ancestors apparently evolved into the Rito's so of course they didn't fly at first so they were grounded until I guess Valoo came into their tribe while her Sage is a Zora (water/Earth/Sea?).
MAKAR THE BEST CHARACTER IN THE GAME is a sapling but his Sage is a Kokiri (Forest) but already did a forest temple so next best thing. Wind Temple since the Korok fly from wind anyways I guess.

On topic, as for Ryze if I remember correctly back in early S4 they gave him range nerfs on abilities, but they reverted it and he came back. Since games last 30+ minutes and top lane is still almost entirely an island while top laners turned into, at the time, grag maokai etc. that benefit from ROA might as well have the lategame moster ****** Ryze come back since they gave back the range on his Q.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
If top is an island wouldn't that mean that other mages are viable there. I always thought they didn't go top because they were gankable, but now Ryze goes top in high level play so I dunno.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Ryze can just press R and get 80 free movespeed and escape and if they turret dive they better have a lot of sources to waste to kill him cause he'll throw everything under his belt at you while spellvamping as well.

Gankable but hard when he can press R to escape and then snare one of you to get away.

Also I been doing liss top, was working very well and was like 11-3 then all of a sudden I started getting toxic teammates, more toxic then usual I mean. And she's fallen down from I think 16-11 now.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Yup.
S3 I did janna top
Early S4 I still did Kha (tear Hydra) and Zed cause Kha wasn't centralized for jungle only again until close to mid season by evolving W.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Yeah, top is such an island now that you can truly get away with putting anyone there. As long as you have a relatively solid team who is able to control the rest of the map, all you need to do is be able to farm and you can take whatever **** gets thrown at you forever.

Teleport really is a great summoner spell.

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
They should make it so that it takes longer for the tele channel to go through when going to a not turret.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
That spell is just designed for top in the meta. I think it's good top has a reason to engage elsewhere on the map :p But I guess some of the fringe cases of teleporting into the enemy base and whatnot is pretty lame.

Either local tower, or any minion within X units of a team mate?

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I don't mind TP being the way it is with the sole exception of its range.
I just wish TP/Shen ult would get the Panth/TF treatment already. :applejack:

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I don't get what's stopping junglers with CC pre6 from ganking mages in top with no escape. I do it every time I'm playing a CC jungler like Naut. I don't see what the jungler has to do that is so important it's more valuable than going top and getting free gold and winning the lane before 6.

Last edited:

john!

Smash Hero
ask any good jungler what lane is easiest to gank and they'll say "top"

problem is, though, that if you do it early your gank could fail and leave you behind the enemy jungler. it could also leave you open to being counterjungled early, putting you even further behind.

and if you do it later, the enemy will take dragon.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Yeah, ganking top means not applying pressure to mid/bot. Good junglers will capitalise on that. Solo queue is a different story, ganking top and getting fed/free gold may allow you to just solo carry a game and win. However, reactive and good players will wreck you if they're coordinated.

Top is an island. Going to an island is really good for some coconuts and fresh bananas, but you can't take them away from there without them being off/spoiled by the time you get back home. Anyway, before it happens, Dre don't bother arguing the immediate beneficial fringe cases, because otherwise we're going to be repeating ourselves all day and people are going to get frustrated. Hence I guess that's all I'm going to say about it.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
John- If you're a good pre6 ganker with CC it's basically a guaranteed flash. If you're Nautilus it's pretty much a flash and a kill if you do it properly.

Edit- To clarfiy, flash-passive-(wait for flash) hook is a kill on anyone who doesn't have a dash in their kit (the original discussion was vulnerable champions like mages going top). It's works particularly well on good players because they will normally hold their flash to dodge your hook on reaction, and they don't expect you do flash onto them. If they happen to flash immediately when they see you and you flash it's a free hook (although the kill isn't guaranteed if they're healthy).

Yeah, ganking top means not applying pressure to mid/bot. Good junglers will capitalise on that. Solo queue is a different story, ganking top and getting fed/free gold may allow you to just solo carry a game and win. However, reactive and good players will wreck you if they're coordinated.

Top is an island. Going to an island is really good for some coconuts and fresh bananas, but you can't take them away from there without them being off/spoiled by the time you get back home. Anyway, before it happens, Dre don't bother arguing the immediate beneficial fringe cases, because otherwise we're going to be repeating ourselves all day and people are going to get frustrated. Hence I guess that's all I'm going to say about it.
That's why you gank top pre6 and right after drag, so you can't be punished for it (unless you just trade drag for a kill and top tower). Just like how you gank bot right after you complete your jungle item because if you pull the gank off it's a free drag. Junglers have traditionally gone top at level 3 because at that point in the game that's normally the only place you actually can apply any pressure (apart from just invading the enemy jungler, which has a lower potential gold return unless you kill the jungler).

Also I don't get where this 'ganking top doesn't work in high level play' comes from when half of the teams in Worlds have just been constantly diving top....

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
It's official. Now I'm really Bronze V.
What role/champs do you main?

If you don't have the mechanics to stomp lane and carry like that, just pick tank jungler with good CC and carry by ganking pre6. They're easy to play, they're not dependent on out CSing the enemy jungler, and their main weakness (getting invaded by stuff like Lee and Elise) doesn't really get exploited properly at that level.

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Yeah, I caught that after Reddit posted something about it two days ago. Pretty neat. :applejack:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
The King of Sex City finds this humorous.
I do indeed find this humourous.
But the pain and suffering involved with having a slightly readjusted Shaco which is more consistent will either be completely depth-removed and boring, or so cheesy he'll be gutted until he's worthless again.
*wait 2 years for someone at riot to finally get around to fixing bugs to make shaco consistent again*
*rinse repeat*

Like, ughh, what are they going to do with this character? IF you actually normalise him so he's even remotely as good at doing the things Kha and Rengar do currently 8x better, or so he's a carry that Yi, Nocturne and Yasuo do 2-3x better, or he's a utility jungler while Lee is at least twice as good he's going to be ******** / nerfed to oblivion for sure.

oh well, let's hope they just remake him in a way so as he doesn't cap out in usefulness at level 3 with a minor boon at 6, and only goes downhill from there. I sometimes don't bother leveling up after getting single points in my moves, so that one time I need to Q to survive but would be 10 mana short, I can get away. Because that's literally as useful as leveling up shaco gets.

Last edited:
Top Bottom