• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Oh good, his Q finally getting CD reductions makes complete sense. He's definitely behind the mobility baseline in this game now. It's crazy to think how dominant he once was in that category (Ezreal, Shaco and Kassadin were the "mobility champs").

% damage on E passive I'm guessing?

Yes mana cost creep never came to help him either. If it's reduced by too much though, that means he's going to be able to lane, and a shaco lane is too overpowered :3.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
No that's not official, I'm saying what riot will do most likely.
Most likely, cause at this day and age every champ they release need CC % damage or a gap closer of SOME KIND

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Honestly what they need to do is either give him some form or burst or make him a carry with a legitimate survival mechanism (burst would fit his character better). At the moment he's basiclly an AD champ with no real burst that scales of AS, but has no AS steroids and an assassin's kit.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
Any gold players want to duo with me?

I'm Silv1 0 LP but I'm pretty sure I have gold MMR. Finished my series last night and went straight from silv3 to silv1. I haven't played much ranked this season, only played 25 games so far. But now I'm trying to get that victorious Morgana cause she's one of my favorite champs.

inb4thatskinisbad

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
All Shaco needs is a late game.
Make his jitbs duration scale with level back to 90 (or maybe even longer). "Quality of life" buffs to make jitbs not killable so easily would change him drastically too. Either would be more than sufficient. Although I'd prefer the latter, and if both, some sort of final way to kill jitb stacking.

Have his Q with CD per level reductions. If they were really nice, blink length per level too.

Increase the duration of his ult again, or make it increase in duration by level. Like seriously, this move was gutted purely because Shaco could walk up to a tower and backdoor it from full, they nailed the coffin on that like THREE YEARS AGO. Shaco hasn't needed his ult to be this bad at all 5ever :( Perhaps not 30 seconds again, because then the double tower get qq is too apparent, but eh.

Last edited:

Chinaux

Smash Ace
My SN is Chinaux. I'm silver 2. I've been playing less and less recently due to the new smash but I still am down to play with whoever.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
You know how they made Heimer's turrets actually take 2 or so hits for an ad carry to kill regular turrets? Yeah that's what Shaco's jitb need. Health and not be able to all be destroyed from one riven Q that does like 85 damage at level one or a Karma Q killing em all.
Any weak AOE while if riven/karma (for this example) used their abilities on a heimer turret they would prolly have half health or even a quarter left at level one, so you can only imagine the health/damage the turrets would have at level 18 since they actually scale from level and ap while Shaco's boxes stay at the same health regardless of level or AP.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Shaya please teach me you're Malz secrets. Champion looks fun AF.

Any gold players want to duo with me?

I'm Silv1 0 LP but I'm pretty sure I have gold MMR. Finished my series last night and went straight from silv3 to silv1. I haven't played much ranked this season, only played 25 games so far. But now I'm trying to get that victorious Morgana cause she's one of my favorite champs.

inb4thatskinisbad
I'm on OCE so I can't duo with you (I'm not Gold anyway).

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Shaya please teach me you're Malz secrets. Champion looks fun AF.
Farm up a roa and a banner of command by the time third blue arises (15-16 ish minutes hopefully).
Tell your team to come mid while you go do blue
???
Take nexus
Abuse the fact that you can solo dragon with full health from like level 5 and up to your advantage. By taking any opportunity of map control to just go do dragon with a jungler or bot lane.

Legitimately the most straight forward win strategy on a character to exist in this game since season one.
Like this is so good and dumb, a team could do this in a championship worlds final and get away with it at least the one time.
Sub 20 minute games is really normal for me when I don't get camped by the jungler, if the enemy team does not respond immediately to the group up (and I'm talking sub 30 second reaction, because Malzahar can take two full turrets in 30 seconds) then the game is over.
Reason: RoA/catalyst every level giving you so much health and mana, blitzkrieg malzahar loves the levels just pouring in. Active on Banner: Super minion basically, that takes turret aggro before voidlings, excuse me while I have two voidlings with 200+ AD and 1.5 attacks per second (at like level 9) freely attacking towers while something else tanks for them. And the actual passive on banner multiplicatively scales with each stage of voidlings, so instead of things being 15% stronger in total (so like oh, 120 AD voidling without it), bang, suddenly 200 AD at the 2nd stage (3rd stage is the attack speed).[this is definitely unintended, and likely won't ever get noticed unless you assholes actually start using malzahar, which, from what I've gathered, no matter how many times I tell you this guy is broken you won't use him anyway, so EZ]

Otherwise...
Just be good at farming (you should be getting near perfect CS, but sometimes the timing of Malzahar's dots deny him last hits in really almost random ways, but once you're at level 3 E that shouldn't happen), realise how to conserve mana effectively early game (it's the only time where he's vulnerable to anyone 1v1), and know how to land your Q on as many opponents as possible in any situation (that's the hard part).

Last edited:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Farm up a roa and a banner of command by the time third blue arises (15-16 ish minutes hopefully).
???
Take nexus
Abuse the fact that you can solo dragon with full health from like level 5 and up to your advantage. By taking any opportunity of map control to just go do dragon with a jungler or bot lane.

Legitimately the most straight forward win strategy on a character to exist in this game since season one.
Like this is so good and dumb, a team could do this in a championship worlds final and get away with it at least the one time.
Sub 20 minute games is really normal for me when I don't get camped by the jungler, if the enemy team does not respond immediately to the group up (and I'm talking sub 30 second reaction, because Malzahar can take two full turrets in 30 seconds) then the game is over.
Reason: RoA/catalyst every level giving you so much health and mana, blitzkrieg malzahar loves the levels just pouring in. Active on Banner: Super minion basically, that takes turret aggro before voidlings, excuse me while I have two voidlings with 200+ AD and 1.5 attacks per second (at like level 9) freely attacking towers while something else tanks for them. And the actual passive on banner multiplicatively scales with each stage of voidlings, so instead of things being 15% stronger in total (so like oh, 120 AD voidling without it), bang, suddenly 200 AD at the 2nd stage (3rd stage is the attack speed).[this is definitely unintended, and likely won't ever get noticed unless you *******s actually start using malzahar, which, from what I've gathered, no matter how many times I tell you this guy is broken you won't use him anyway, so EZ]

Otherwise...
Just be good at farming (you should be getting near perfect CS, but sometimes the timing of Malzahar's dots deny him last hits in really almost random ways, but once you're at level 3 E that shouldn't happen), realise how to conserve mana effectively early game (it's the only time where he's vulnerable to anyone 1v1), and know how to land your Q on as many opponents as possible in any situation (that's the hard part).
I already use him, banner huh? :)

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
All this Malz talk pleases me. Do you guys take W at level 4 ? I usually go QEEQE and wait till level 8 for W. More burst damage but less passive procs.

Player-3

Smash Hero
i've officially stopped playing this game as evidenced by the only games in my match history being full ****** sion games and/or arams spread over the course of a month

feels good

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Hey, I havn't played this game in like, for ****ing ever.
How's Gnar?
I figured if I come back to this game I might as well pick up a new character.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
If I had the ability to have 4 bans, which riot will never give us. I'd always have either Gnar Irelia or Ryze in those 4 bans when it comes to obnoxious top laners.

Chinaux

Smash Ace
Azir is so bad. I played him once and I swore I would never play him again.

I've also never seen an Azir win.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Azir is fun, but he honestly still feels like he needs more buffs before he can be played, otherwise he's still a decent anti-siege but won't be at Ziggs levels of ******ry even with future buffs if any.

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
Hey, I havn't played this game in like, for ****ing ever.
How's Gnar?
I figured if I come back to this game I might as well pick up a new character.
If you wanna know more about Gnar, I suggest you contact Xiroey. He's got a killer Gnar, and knows how to build him correctly. Gnar is really good if built correctly, but don't ask me, ask Xiroey.

He might be kinda hard to play if you're new to marksman mechanics such as attack move and kiting, because as mini form, you're going to be doing that a LOT.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Gnar's laning basically depends on whether he catches his opponent in mega Gnar form or not. If he does he wins lane if he desn't he loses.

Speaking of top lane, I'd greatly appreciate it if any high level players could give me some advanced tips on playing Rumble vs Nidalee. I consistently struggle with Nids even if they're Diamond. They're the only high level players I lose to most of the time (as Rumble). I normally don't feed them many deaths if any, but I usually get forced to back and I'm often down over 20 cs.

Basically the way I play it is that I take E at level 1 and try just to farm safely and try to avoid trading as much as possible. I usually end up getting pushed into tower and dropping cs. I play like a ***** the whole lane, whereas against other lanes I'll start trading at level 4-5.

Last edited:

Frolossus

Smash Lord
???
Take nexus

Reason: RoA/catalyst every level giving you so much health and mana, blitzkrieg malzahar loves the levels just pouring in. Active on Banner: Super minion basically, that takes turret aggro before voidlings, excuse me while I have two voidlings with 200+ AD and 1.5 attacks per second (at like level 9) freely attacking towers while something else tanks for them. And the actual passive on banner multiplicatively scales with each stage of voidlings, so instead of things being 15% stronger in total (so like oh, 120 AD voidling without it), bang, suddenly 200 AD at the 2nd stage (3rd stage is the attack speed).[this is definitely unintended, and likely won't ever get noticed unless you *******s actually start using malzahar, which, from what I've gathered, no matter how many times I tell you this guy is broken you won't use him anyway, so EZ]

Otherwise...
can you consistently get enough gold for RoA and banner @ 16 minutes? or did they lower the cost of banner?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
If I can get 1 kill and/or 1 dragon, yes. So consistently? Probably not. I have power farmed it in a 0/0/0 game not that long after though.

But holy crap though, where you been Fro, how you been Fro? Let's have a hug out sometime and find out how broken Shaco is again.

Last edited:

Frolossus

Smash Lord
If I can get 1 kill and/or 1 dragon, yes. So consistently? Probably not. I have power farmed it in a 0/0/0 game not that long after though.

But holy crap though, where you been Fro, how you been Fro? Let's have a hug out sometime and find out how broken Shaco is again.
school + diablo mostly. doing alright mostly and sure

Top Bottom