• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

john!

Smash Hero
ok before they change anivia's splash art i have to know: is she sticking out her tongue, or is that the lower part of her beak? i thought that was her tongue for the longest time

Last edited:

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
i just lost diamond because riot's system didn't register a few games that i played and the ranking decayed before it should have: i just didn't think it would be such blatant bad luck. usually nobody else can see the bull**** i have to put up with.
I know. I actually got into Bronze IV and I decayed back into bronze V.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
What did the hexdrinker say to Syndra when she bought it?

"MAW, I can be so much MAW"

damn, and i thought i had it rough...
I remember dropping down to b5, losing 4 promos to get back into b4, then finally winning one and then the next day was the season 4 reset and i got dropped back to b5.

john!

Smash Hero
so i just bought rengar in honor of ebola and HOLY **** why didn't anyone tell me how awesome this hero is?? (not you P4, the other guys)... literally a free kill every few minutes. no wonder manaless AD heroes are so popular, ****'s fun as hell.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
so i just bought rengar in honor of ebola and HOLY **** why didn't anyone tell me how awesome this hero is?? (not you P4, the other guys)... literally a free kill every few minutes. no wonder manaless AD heroes are so popular, ****'s fun as hell.
I bought him ages ago and only recently realised how badass he is. Although it's only a 'free kill' in the laning phase. Once everyone starts grouping it gets much harder to pick someone off because you get CC'd and you have no escapes. Cheezelording the enemy jungler from a bush with max ferocity is so satisfying though.

P3 please teach us your Rengar secrets, I find this champion so hard to play. Main things I'm curious about are your builds and how you teamfight, or what you generally do after laning phase.

john!

Smash Hero
I bought him ages ago and only recently realised how badass he is. Although it's only a 'free kill' in the laning phase. Once everyone starts grouping it gets much harder to pick someone off because you get CC'd and you have no escapes. Cheezelording the enemy jungler from a bush with max ferocity is so satisfying though.

P3 please teach us your Rengar secrets, I find this champion so hard to play. Main things I'm curious about are your builds and how you teamfight, or what you generally do after laning phase.
4 words bro:

sword of the divine

make ****** POP

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
While not saying Ryan Choi is the reason rengar is popular today, but when the 500th rework to Rengar happened literally nobody was playing him cause they didn't know how. Ryan just doing that silly 5 or 6 dblades then tiamat and ghostblade/LW gave him the ability to oneshot people when at 5 stacks and when people started catching onto his stuff he became so annoying he was basically banned almost every game back in Feb or so like how Rammus/fiddle are banned today.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRSyPogF9AU

Who needs AD stacks from necklace when empowered Q does 2.7 of AD

john!

Smash Hero
so apparently riot

- won't admit to me that their system had a bug
- can't even give me the DIAMOND SUMMONER ICON because (direct quote): "there is a need for you to get diamond"
- put me back on the matchmaking **** list

you people have no ****ing idea how done i am with this piece of **** game.

Last edited:

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
so apparently riot

- won't admit to me that their system had a bug
- can't even give me the DIAMOND SUMMONER ICON because (direct quote): "there is a need for you to get diamond"

you people have no ****ing idea how done i am with this piece of **** game.
Duo with me.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
John has finally joined me in hating rito.
Well more of, rito doesn't do their job. 4 bans never.
Actually punishing people we report never.
Actually nerfing champs that deserve it instead of waiting till worlds or giving em love taps never.

Anyways half joking aside, that really sucks for you john.

john!

Smash Hero
Duo with me.
you know what's funny?

don't take it personally, but i've been saying that duo queueing ruins solo queue for years now. when i e-mailed support, they actually suggested that i duo to raise my elo again! riot is actually AWARE that duo queueing can artificially boost people's elo.

it was really fascinating to go down the rabbit hole and see what kind of company riot has become through my e-mail exchange. and this is right before the new york times wrote an article gushing about how much riot loves it's players

and no, i'm not duoing with you or anybody else. i'm done for a long time. i have a lot of other things that i've been intending to do.

Last edited:

john!

Smash Hero
John has finally joined me in hating rito.
Well more of, rito doesn't do their job. 4 bans never.
Actually punishing people we report never.
Actually nerfing champs that deserve it instead of waiting till worlds or giving em love taps never.

Anyways half joking aside, that really sucks for you john.
i've been temp banned from league twice for saying things that are basically compliments compared to the **** i spew these days. now it's essentially a permanent string of chat restrictions lol. and i make those 3 messages count. riot's gone soft.

Last edited:

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
John relax, it's just a game. Just because you dropped a division doesn't make it the end of the world. You might have lost out on some Rito swag, but if you hated the game that much then it wasn't worth it in the long run to your mental health. When a game becomes unfun to play, then you should seriously stop playing it.

john!

Smash Hero
it's about the principle of the thing, really. for the past 5 years or so, i've been a part of a number of communities that seem to have lost their "magic" as they've gained popularity. the early days of league were way more fun, but then we got a stale meta and e$port$. the MLP community during season 1 was ****ing amazing, but then faust left. the melee community was more tight-knit during the dark days of brawl. even my employer has quadrupled in size over the past 2 years and we rarely ever go out to lunch as a group anymore. call me nostalgic, but i want that feeling of growth and camaraderie again. i want to feel connected to the people in charge, and it hit me that there's no chance of that happening anymore with league. it's too ****ing huge.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Called growing up and being pessimistic of things.
I expect more from rito but at the same time because of how **** they are I just expect the worst from them. Which is true for the better half of this season.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Cmon guys I find all of you very negative. Riot makes a lot of improvement with time.
A good example is all those new splash arts that really show how good Riot has become at choosing the good shades of blue and orange to make their characters look more mature, and even taking the bold risk of switching the orange for purple to make the characters look more mysterious.

lmao

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
John just out of curiosity, what did you email Riot about that prompted them to give you that response about duo queuing?

You mightve mentioned it before but I dont frequent this thread often so I dont wanna look for it

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I wouldn't be surprised if this actually exists. I swear to god I have not had a winnable game on my main account in like 6 months (I'm playing pretty sparingly now, I stopped caring). I blame myself for trolling challenger players/riot friends in normals with Nocturne middle. For some reason I guess mild crap talking is a sin worth a thousand years of your eyes and guts being eaten out by crows.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Automated match making systems are a horror. Sustained tolerance and compromise breed stress. Especially when said factors come from accepting placement into a potential 30-60 minute commitment time frame that exposes oneself to other individuals who have maladaptive animosity or entitlement issues due to said experience being primarily painful.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
if I remember correctly from a couple months back, a rito employee actually said if you're on a loss streak you're more than likely to run into teammates that're on loss streaks as well.

Dunno if that's their way of saying **** you are making it even harder for you to "prove yourself" and get higher in your division/tiers.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
if I remember correctly from a couple months back, a rito employee actually said if you're on a loss streak you're more than likely to run into teammates that're on loss streaks as well. Dunno if that's their way of saying **** you are making it even harder for you to "prove yourself" and get higher in your division/tiers.
Not necessarily true. If you lolking your entire team, you will probably find that some are on a high winning streak, however are likely from a lower division. Due to their streak they will likely match into your games if you are from a higher division and are on a losing streak since the game has presumed that you are someone who is ranked higher than they belong and your teammate is someone ranked lower than they belong. In truth, what really happens is that the losing streak player has to carry the lower division player. The opponents are usually the average division of your team as a whole. On top of that chances are that if you are on tilt you are going purple side and the enemy team with the overall solid composition will get blue side.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I don't go searching stats much but when I do usually everyone is on loss streaks and the team MMR (blue side) is always lower while purple side always has the higher mmr (lolnexus)

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Honestly I stopped caring about climbing in ranked once I beat a a few diamonds in top lane (most of them were diamond on NA in S3) and realised rank isn't a true indication of skill a lot of the time. Now I just play ranked when I'm playing by myself because I'm more likely to get my role than in blind normals. I normally just use it to experiment with new champions rather than tryharding with my best champions.

I'll probably get dropped back to Bronze in S5 because I'm playing suboptimal champions but I can always just tryard to climb back to Silver or through to Gold if I really like the end of season rewards.

Top Bottom