• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Player-3

Smash Hero
ya because if your jungler doesnt have early pressure you lose the game outright, which is why the only feral flare jungler that wins anything is xin zhao

Life

Smash Hero
Like Yasuo, you need to build your team around it to be effective. Most LCS teams apparently would rather have more flexibility in their comps maybe?

You'll need some safe laners who have wave clear so that the opponent can't snowball off the lowered early game jungle pressure.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Competitively speaking,
Feral Flare is way too risky, as it gives the enemy team without one all the reasons (and extended benefits) for counter jungling that hasn't existed since early season 2. To make it work you need lanes that are safe and self sufficient and won't fall behind from jungler/external map pressure.
If your team creates a lead from lane denying currently, then its way too easy to enter the enemy jungle and invalidate another character completely, as lanes are/would be too far behind to provide assistance.

That's the reality of it. Pick Nunu and either ceebf with a less risky jungle item (AP one or golem) or get a feral flare yourself and live to invalidate the other jungler in a potent way which the enemy jungler can't respond or catch up from.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
What do people think of starting ruby crystal on Shen instead of shield? It gives him an extra pot, more damage on his passive, increases the sustain of his Q, and builds into visage/banshees and wmogs (wmogs rush gives more burst damage in lane than sun fire, as it gives your passive 100 extra damage).

Also, assuming you're against an AD, what's better, 5 armour or 72 health? Trying to work out whether to change to health seals or not. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
All you need for it to work is have all your lanes pushing, as junglers only CJ if all their lanes are pushing. If the enemy jungler's lanes are pushed in they can't CJ safely. Or you can do 2v1 lanes so the enemy jungler is forced to baby sit a lane.
Nunu is the exception to this rule.

Nunu is now the English language.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Nunu is the exception to this rule.

Nunu is now the English language.
Yeah I thought Nunu would still counter Yi.

I edited that post to a question because I figured people might not bother read my question if I tacked it onto the end of a walk of text.

Last edited:

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Nocturne and Xin are probably the only junglers I would seriously play with Feral Flare.
Because they can still show up to your lane and ruin your day.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I've been banning Nocturne because I've seen what he can do. Especially if he's paired with a Morgana, endless spell immunity plus loads of attack speed with massive damage. Also been banning Yi for the same reason, but so has everyone else.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Nocturne and Xin are probably the only junglers I would seriously play with Feral Flare.
Volibear tho.

Also rip urf mode. I'll be happy to see you in another life, where heals and shields are nerfed.

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
feral flare nocturne
feral flare nocturne
feral flare nocturne
feral flare nocturne
feral flare nocturne
This is actually something I've been wanting to try if I ever had to fill the jungler role.

Also fine with URF mode being gone.

Last edited:

john!

Smash Hero
played my first master yi game in a long time yesterday and got a quadra kill 20 minutes in

just sayin' he's pretty OP with FF as well if you can manage to get him unbanned

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Yi is just so easy to take advantage of though. Just **** over his teammates, and when your team has a lead you can start to **** over Yi's jungle. His lack of map presence is just bad. I feel like FF Yi works if the other team lets it work. And when it works, it certainly works harder than other FF junglers, but you can actually play a traditional jungler role as somebody like Xin and provide pressure across the map and force ganks/objectives well while still have the carry potential of FF if the game goes long.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Yi needs his team to be ready for it rather than for it to **** his team over.

Yi won't work in every comp and it's something people need to be aware of. Xin and Noc can fit into a lot more comps than Yi can since they can be a front line tank Bruiser.

Yi doesn't do this, he is an assassin/carry that does absurd damage late game in exchange for his lack of early game presence. His ganks are gonna be poor til he hits six where they will be decent at that point.

He has a place and can work, but it's a lot harder for him to work vs Xin or Noc since he is more niche in where he can fit in.

victra♥

crystal skies
Slippi.gg
victra#0
Feral Flame is a soloq stomp item. You can just say "ef my teammates" and farm till you get FF and just whoop anyone. It's soloq and everyone is uncoordinated so it's easy to get picks off. As well, even in Gold no one will peel for their carries anyways so you can just do whatever you want.

I've played Yi and just farmed till lvl 6 to get FF. Enemy's adc and mid got fed to the point where they were both like 7/0 or something silly like that and my whole team complained about not getting ganks.

Then I just got my sexy 0/0/0 Yi iced up with FF, BotRK, & GB, waited for their team to blow their loads on my team, and killed each one within seconds in a clean up session.

That being said, Warwick is my favorite FF jungler atm but i'll give Xin a shot asap.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I wanted to try FF Shen but he's too bad in soloq even in top lane. He just can't carry unless he gets like 4 kills in ten minutes. When I play him top I always win lane/ go even but always lose because he's not a a proper carry. Same story with my Rumble and Wukong. Then I just play Jax and lose lane every game and maintain a +60% win rate lol.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
You can carry the game without dealing the most damage. #supportmain

Though when the going gets rough, I bust out support Zyra and do both most damage and have utility of a support. #freelo

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Zyra actually does dmg though. I've lost so many games as Shen because lategame someone wanders out and gets killed then it becomes 4v5. It's pretty hard to carry a close match lategame when you do no damage. you have to get really fed early in order to carry with him I think. I'm struggling to think of a non-support champion with their normal build who does less damage than Shen. He's also less tanky than most tanks. His whole kit is balanced around a move that lets earn a couple hundred gold every 3 minutes, and that's you get it right.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I tried building a bit more damage last game. I went tabi sunfire visage tforce tmail abyssal (I was laning against a Renekton so I couldn't go too ham). But our Kha jungle threw at baron by getting caught out early so once again I lost due to someone's individual error lol.

Edit- I ban Yi, but now I might just go Nunu jungle now that I'm starting to play him.

Last edited:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Anyone else really hate the feral flare meta? It's taking up a majority of the bans, and then if the game goes on too long the team with the better scaling FF user usually wins :|

Life

Smash Hero
Anyone else really hate the feral flare meta? It's taking up a majority of the bans, and then if the game goes on too long the team with the better scaling FF user usually wins :|
There will always be a meta like this. FF is quite counterable, but people haven't figured out how yet (hint counterjungling hint snowball your laners hint)

Last edited:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
If the jungler spends 100% of the time in the jungling building Muh Stacks, yeah it's easily counterable. But good junglers will continue to gank as normal, while building stacks in between. This is why imo Noc/Xin are better users of it than like, Shyvana/Yi. I just played FF Xin for the first time, I ganked nonstop (Wriggles still provides usable combat stats) and didn't mind if my FF was delayed by a few minutes because I got to snowball my lanes while also becoming OP. I was already 4/0 with Xin this season before FF was released, but this game I only felt stronger. Are they still planning to nerf it so it requires 30 stacks instead of 25? I guess that's a start :/

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
So I've been on a ranked streak the past few days cause of a friend wanting to duo, I got to plat 1.
Played solo for a couple hours and got to 80 LP, last game for diamond I got Sirchez and trick on the enemy team. Twice.

First one we lost cause trick just camped our top lane since chez was trying Taric top (every other lane lost on his team so he carried of course). Second one I was banning and took away his udyr so he lost the next game. Was pretty funny, but he essentially kept me from diamond promos since I was gaining 23-27 points every win and at 80 lp.
Fugg ;;

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
When feral flare is in the mix, I feel like when I spend the time ganking, even if I'm successful, unless my lanes are really pushing ahead, I'll lose, because I'll be like 5-10 stacks behind the enemy jungler just power farming, they get feral flare show up on map and if I choose to "counter gank" they're going to be stronger and win the 2v2, and if I continue to jungle to get stacks, they get free ganks, lose lose.
****ING HATE IT.

I've been in a few games now as Nocturne where i'm like 2/0 or 3/0 but I'm at around 20 stacks when their feral flare jungle comes out and I'm literally left in the ****tiest situation as a jungler I could imagine.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I wonder if I should just keep Machete until Tiamat when I play Fiora jungle, then upgrade Machete to Feral Flare.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I mean, shouldn't you still be fine in the 2v2 because your laner has a good lead on their laner from your ganks?
Yeah, in the 1v1 the pure farming Feral Flare jungler is probably going to beat the ganking Feral Flare jungler, but your lanes are winning. If I'm winning lane and the other team has a Feral Flare jungler then I just get some deep wards and start pingspamming for my team to start moving on on their jungle. I've ended so many games where the enemy Yi/Xin/whoever that tried to do nothing but farm never even got Feral Flare because we got a lead from ganks and started to take their jungle.
Or if I see a FF jungler on their team and I know I'm going to be jungling I just run something like Nunu and prevent them from ever being in the game in the first place.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I mean if you an your laner get a kill, that's how much gold? How much gold are the feral flare stacks worth? I feel like ganking + FF is worth more than simply more FF stacks.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
When feral flare is in the mix, I feel like when I spend the time ganking, even if I'm successful, unless my lanes are really pushing ahead, I'll lose, because I'll be like 5-10 stacks behind the enemy jungler just power farming, they get feral flare show up on map and if I choose to "counter gank" they're going to be stronger and win the 2v2, and if I continue to jungle to get stacks, they get free ganks, lose lose.
****ING HATE IT.

I've been in a few games now as Nocturne where i'm like 2/0 or 3/0 but I'm at around 20 stacks when their feral flare jungle comes out and I'm literally left in the ****tiest situation as a jungler I could imagine.
Few questions.

I trust you more than myself, how do you feel about master YI with the second highest win rate in SoloQ and one of the highest ban rates.

And second feral flare overall?

Top Bottom