• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Just play whoever you like/are good with. Every champ is good enough to be viable in at least one position and there's no true, clear cut best since the patches make the game change so often. Your best bet is to find a handful of characters you like to play in each position, get good with at least 2-3 per role, and stick with them while finding which role you most prefer. Once you find your favorite role, try and concentrate mostly on that, but make sure to still have pockets for the other roles as well.

EDIT: The exception though is Fiora, she's the best.

Best Solo Q champs atm though I would say are probably Lee Sin, Nasus, Riven, Nidalee, Thresh, and Leona.

ANOTHER EDIT: Just checked my YouTube sub box almost right after posting this and found this in it which is somewhat relevant: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9w3vRNvgu4

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I dont get why adcs dont go mid more often, especially waveclear adcs. Theyd win the mana war and auto trades with ap mids all the time, plus take the tower quicker.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
Juuuuust wondering. Does anyone think AP Sona Mid would be good now? Now that she's gotten a bit buffed and the support changes help her with AP?

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Sona mid can win 1v1, but if the enemy jungler sneezes on her, she dies. She also has to win at level 1-5 before burst mages get their power spike at level 6.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
so has anyone found any oddball supports and had success with them? i want to try out AP ezreal sometime with corki/tristana and just push down a tower asap

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Support Cass is really fun right now. It was done sometimes in Korea (go figure) but with the ability to actually get items now she can transition from being just a lane bully into another constant dps caster.

I would say veigar is decent now but he still cant stack his q so Its sad playing him bot lane. I like morg/fidd/annie even more now too. J4 is still a decent support as well. Targons man.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
J4 is a more risky Leona but does more damage later on with gold.

I've been loving nashoor's tooth Lulu. AP LULU ZOOMS SO FAST ITS SO FUN! (Especially on dominion xD) Speaking of which, I've stopped buying sightstone first on damage supports, instead I just buy 3 green wards each back. Sightstone does save me money in the loooong run, but I'm playing for the early game by buying damage first.

Support Ashe is legit. You build as a 2nd adc and do some 360 no scopes across the map.

I've been hitting full build as support at 40 minutes in favorable games.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
At this point the way they've messed with the utility mastery tree, literally anybody can support now. Just strongest ones tend to be ones like Annie fiddle or thresh.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Is this like at the beginning of S2 when people complained that the jungle was ruined because anyone could kill jungle camps?

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I love the new support meta. I get gold and feel impact-full when i snowball. Only having 3 wards on the field is frustrating because late game no one will want to sell an item to keep a ward stack, but I love the feeling of playing nami, picking up the game, and putting it on my back. Supports are basically either a second tanky initiator or a second utility caster, but with Items now they can do more damage, take more damage, and with shorter cooldowns. Being able to justify grail on Nami feels so nice. With max cdr, I have an aoe stun every 8 seconds in a teamfight.

I haven't got a dcap yet on any supports, I've gone down the utility path getting grail/ryalai/torment. The most offensive item I'll get is a DFG when my mid laner doesn't want one.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The most offensive item I get is Morellonomicon. Haven't played much support since preseason started, so I still build a lot of supporty items.

We had a Skarner, so I bought things like Twin Shadows, went down that speed boost gp5 item path, and stuff like that.

:applejack:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Support definitely isn't the role people are exactly lining up for still.
Also (though I only play fiddle) I feel you should still use your gold on supportish items and not go buying **** like DFG or Rap cap.
Frost queen, twinshadows, zhonya's fer yourself, and whatever for the 4th item depending on the team is what I get on fiddle, since I need to keep a slot open almost always for wards anyways since people forget they have trinkets or that wards exist cause of this preseason change.

So more than half the time there's only 3 wards on board or maybe even a vision ward if the enemy team hasn't found it in the first minute of me putting it down lol. (This pink ward change is both good and bad)

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I've been playing fiddle since Season 1 along with being first champion. The reign of rushing Spirit Visage and Frozen heart on him.
Not my fault he's a popular support/jungle now ; ;

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
lol i felt like riot's reddit ama was just a bunch of words with no substance

riot: "we want to make yasuo all dodge parry strike blah blah blah"

everyone: "so basically manaless fiora"

riot: "whats a fiora? oh her. that champion is in a great place atm!"

Die.

also **** crashboards

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
it doesnt matter if hes popular **** you for playing him at any period of time in any role
Well, fiddle's fear is being reduced to 2.3 seconds at max level, with tenacity that makes it less than 2 seconds, so hope that helps.

I kinda feel like making a skarner guide, what do lolg?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
why have I ever picked a champion top that isn't manaless?
Why have I ever picked a champion mid that isn't manaless?
Why have I ever picked a jungler that isn't manaless?
Why do riot even make champions with mana?

WHY
WHY
WHY
WHY
WHY

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I mean I feel like an absolute massive **** ***** with Riven, Shyvana, Aatrox, etc etc etc all who have the same laning pattern of mashing buttons in the general direction of their opponent whenever possible and rarely, if ever, have to alter it against any other opponent at all. The only critical decision you ever have to make is whether or not you're going to tower dive while mashing your buttons (the answer is usually 'lol towers do things?')

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
The only mana-dependent top laner I even bring top anymore is Olaf, mostly because I max E. It really hurts in most lanes where you don't really NEED to max q, and as long as you don't axe the wave whenever its up he is basically manaless.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Can confirm that Riven is indeed a ****.

Edit: I was wondering why **** is uncensored, then I realised. LOL sb

Top Bottom