• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Leacero

Smash Lord
It's only crippling on an ADC or AD autoattacker like YI/Fiora/Trynd.

Otherwise most champs just treat it as a slow which does last a bit, prenerf wither was hilarious though.
not yi.

if you guys are complaining about wither, why not complain about zilean time warp where you can completely slow lock 2 different champions. o wait, because no one plays zilean

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Well to be fair, only Slush is complaining about Wither. I don't see much a problem with it. :applejack:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
not yi.

if you guys are complaining about wither, why not complain about zilean time warp where you can completely slow lock 2 different champions. o wait, because no one plays zilean
Cause one can carry by building full tank and having damage from Q while one blows up in an eye blink.

Well to be fair, only Slush is complaining about Wither. I don't see much a problem with it. :applejack:
I wouldn't really say complain, just naming champions I could think of that had 3 seconds or more of CC inducing crap that messes people up. Forgot about Zil, prolly more somewhere I can't think of.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Morgana has her three second snare, and of course there's Ashe arrow which will scale up to 3.5 seconds with distance.
Though Morgana's isn't point and click, and it's only a snare, and if anything deserves to be a 3+ second hard CC it's long distance Ashe arrows.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
If Zilean is ulting himself then that means you've already spent resources on him. If you then still have the resources to focus down another squishy target easily then you are either really ahead or Zilean is bad and ulting himself far too early or the other team is just reaaaally poorly positioned.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I think he's underplayed, but it mostly stems from his having to depend on teammates too much for most peoples liking.
He only has one damage spell so he's largely depending on his utility to carry. So it's like, why do that when you can pick somebody like Syndra who just one shots people with a point and click spell.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
Zilean support got me from silver to gold s1, zilean op

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
No, pretty sure the wither works on everyone. So it's crippling to everyone lol.
It's even more sad when I see a rammus using powerball with mobo's and has ancient golem still going under 200 MS even at max rank only for him to wither again when it already goes down from the previous one.
It's still a slow in the end. Strong yes but It's no where as crippling as fiddles fear.

Either is still fine to use on YI because he loses AS when withered.

Leacero

Smash Lord
?

If he ults himself go after somebody else in the teamfight lol, free AD or Assassin.

lol, ya you just proved my previous assessment right. i wasnt even considering the ult when making the statement that zil is difficult to kill, but for some reason you assumed that was the reason.

but ya he does require a specific team comp for him to do his best in.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
The only issue I have is that Rammus is so easy to deal with in the early game. He's so fragile if he gets his jungle invaded, he can't duel against junglers who decide to steal camps, and has no way to bypass wards to gank lanes.His speed during Powerball is the only reason he's able to do anything leading up toward the end of the lane phase.

Compounded by the fact that Rammus' taunt requires him to be in melee range, against a cast who are only getting more and more mobile as new champs are released, as well as the new preseason that grants players free wards, and you just have a crappy time if you don't get a handful of successful ganks.
Going to have to agree with this. I played Rammus a ton during S3, and he's kinda high risk/high reward. If your early game doesn't go so well, he has a ridiculously hard time doing anything. Even when you do well, a long taunt is really all you have. His damage is pitiful. He technically has a lot of free stats and stuff on all his abilities, like tons of free armor/mr and damage on W, and high base damage, slow, knockback, AND speed boost on Q etc, but I've never though he was op. The nerf to his taunt duration could gimp him really hard.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I've had games where i did the most damage in the gameas Rammus. (thornmail vs 3 auto attackers + Zed OPOPOP)

I really want to try AP rammus cheese.. Maybe in dominion

Dominion is fun, i like how its never over till its over in that map. Seriously needs a ranked mode.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
what

rammus does a lot of damage
if you get fed and AD champs focus you a lot, hell yeah he does. Otherwise if you have a bad start you're going to do poor damage and not survive long.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Taric is outrageous everywhere. Dominion tends to have people like playing them melee carries though, which is what makes Taric OP at low levels dominion. I'm assuming high levels he's just as good except vs poke comps tbh.

TBH I'm just enjoying dominion because Lulu is just so good on it. 50-60% movement speed lets you ninja cap points so easy xD

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Support Cass is really fun right now. It was done sometimes in Korea (go figure) but with the ability to actually get items now she can transition from being just a lane bully into another constant dps caster.

I would say veigar is decent now but he still cant stack his q so Its sad playing him bot lane. I like morg/fidd/annie even more now too. J4 is still a decent support as well. Targons man.

You can actually q stack to an extent with relic shield. With the changes to relic shield, ranged champs no longer need to use an auto attack to proc the gold, they just need to cs properly as they dont get the execute.

Even before s4 support veigar was half-viable if the enemy had an apc. I know it was used a bit in China and Korea. Non-ult aoe stun and a nuke on enemy apcs with no ap investment meant he always had a very small niche.

Also am I the only one who feels the melee adcs are toxic? I think theyre toxic because not only can a lot of them just brainlessly trade with anyone, a lot of them can just stand there and 1v3 people with no mechanics once theyre fed.

Ranged adcs at least get blown up if theyre ccd no matter how fed they are, and they cant just facecheck 3 people and end up getting a triple.

If you look at all champs that people QQ about, they're all melee adcs, or are melee champs like nasus who whilst aren't technically adcs, still have very hard carry potential. I think the reason why people complain about these champs the most is because theyre more about stats than mechanics, or their 'mechanics' have next to no counterplay (eg. fiora ult, aatrox passive) and they can just stand there and kill 3 champs without having to think much about it.

Inb4learn2playbronzescrub

Player-3

Smash Hero
melee adcs are being played alot because nobody uses exhaust anymore

have u ever seen an exhausted tryndamere try to kill someone

man....

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Nasus turns into a tank hyper carry, but almost anyone top should be able to bully him away from CS which he needs to make this happen.

Exhaust works on everyone not named Yi, which is still fine since you're lowering his AS even if you can't slow him.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Nasus turns into a tank hyper carry, but almost anyone top should be able to bully him away from CS which he needs to make this happen.

Exhaust works on everyone not named Yi, which is still fine since you're lowering his AS even if you can't slow him.
immune to slow always worked on AS slows if the ability had a movement speed slow like whither or exhaust, a few patches ago they unified it so "immune to slow" works on just pure AS slows as well, so no he's immune to the AS slow in highlander as well.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
I wasn't going to get infernal Nasus, because I already love pharaoh and don't even play nasus that much.

But then I saw the dance and my wallet flew at my monitor.

Top Bottom