• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
That happens already. Just not where we live.
@Shaya: Drink while watching you ****. :applejack:

john!

Smash Hero
take a drink every time a major jungle monster gets stolen
take a drink every time deman says "milling about" or some variation thereof
take a drink every time phreak mispronounces a champion's name
if zed does not get banned, finish your drink.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
So with season 4 approaching, what kind of major changes do you guys want to see?

I'm really hoping for a ward rework. Wards need to a) cost more (unlikely to happen), b) be limited in how many you can buy (aka dota), or c) provide a penalty to the warder if they are killed.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I definitely want vision reworks. Limit the amount of wards you can have, spread the cost of vision more evenly to all players, whatever they do I think changes have to be made.
Support and jungler income for sure. Like, I'm not saying that I want to play support and have 15K six item build at the end of the game or whatever, but it would certainly be more fun to not be sitting on boots, Ruby Sightstone, and pinks at 35 minutes.
Jungler should feel less like a second support, and more like a second top laner or whatever. It feels like you are genuinely hurting yourself by not playing a jungler who is useful without gold because you basically are. Heavens forbid I feel like playing Shyvana or Olaf or whatever in the jungle.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I want supports to have utility scaling, where their CC scales with AP so that went supports get gold, they can scale into the late game like damage supports (Annie, Zyra, Fiddle)

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I'm not asking for drastic scaling

like gain .1 seconds of bonus CC time for like 100 AP

at best pure AP built supports (600ish AP) would gain like .6 seconds of CC with that kind of ratio

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
What support is gonna build enough ap to go past 100?
They're too busy buying wards half the time, and the most you'd see from them is Ruby sightstone, boots of mobility, morello/athene's (which neither give 100 ap) twin shadows, locket, or crucible.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
That's just not going to work out well. It has a ton of gray area too. Do all supports get utility scaling? How do you decide which characters get it and which don't? How do you decide which characters are supports in the first place? Obviously you have characters designed to support, but nowadays we see people taking champs designed for other roles and playing them as a support, like support Annie, Zyra, Fiddles and wasn't too long ago that we had support Elise.
So if somebody on the LCS starts playing a champ as a support and does well with them, do we then patch them to have utility scaling?
Like, I've seen support Lissandra actually do very well as a babysitter. Do we change Lissandra now to have scaling CC?
Also, not every support can have this implemented on their kit for balance reasons. Like, take Janna for example. Tenacity can't reduce her CC which makes it absolutely incredible to begin with. You really can't increase the time you are knocked up for, or the distance she knocks you back because there's already no counter to it.
It would just be a nightmare balancewise.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
No, only designated champs designed as support get utility scaling.

Meaning Zyra, Annie, and Fiddles would not get it as they can scale with damage if they get fed.

Lulu, Sona, Soraka, Nami, etc don't scale damagewise, but giving utility scaling would let them scale into late game.

fraction of seconds matter, and the reason i say 600 AP because i don't want AP supports to take over mid cause their utility scaling would win teamfights too hard. Can you imagine adding more than .6 seconds to Lulu's knock up ult?

Unless you want to decrease scaling so that it'll be like .25 seconds for 100 AP then .375 seconds for 200 AP to eventually like .5 seconds for 500 AP or something like that that way supports can get a bonus quarter second of CC for building 100 AP

Player-3

Smash Hero
zamphira disagrees with lulu not scaling.....and im pretty sure sorakas damage output is ****ing ********

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Lulu's damage scaling is actually pretty decent. It's not super incredible, but it still ****ing hurts as long as she's keeping up with the rest of the team. I still remember on-release Lulu.

I miss her.

:applejack:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Soraka's damage output is sustained so only if they aren't focusing you while you use starcall where you have to be pretty close to starcall does soraka's damage become huge.

I don't know what Zamphira does to be so successful with Lulu mid ._.; cause like its so hard to do it

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I was messing around with it in customs. Pretty hilarious to be a double 20 stack Kat, Jax, Akali, etc.
I would never take a glitch like that into an actual game though. Every time stuff like this comes up Riot punishes the people who use them in actual games.

Niko45

Smash Master
Lulu's damage in the early-mid game is absolutely insane, there is nothing that incredible about pulling off Lulu mid. He just gets sorcs and guise and he is chunking people for 50-75% off one combo + autos easily. As long is you deal with her mana problems somehow there's no stopping her.

I'd really like the entire support meta to disappear, as it's lame as **** to be stuck playing a 0 farm ward bot. They should not cater champions to being traditional supports, but instead open up the playing field so that anything can be that support. Right now stuff like Sona and Thresh are tailor made OP champs with bad scaling designed to win bottom lane in 2v2 action and nothing else. All you need to do is get rid of this so that you can see more random stuff like brand, veigar, mordekaiser...stuff that would be totally viable supports if not for the fact that they simply can't get past laning against these other OP designed supports and while they could contribute potentially to 5v5s well with very little farm they are not an option as a result of lane bully supports.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Dude, there was a Support Veigar in Worlds AND Annie being banned all 3 games of the Grand Finals because she was being used as support. So what are you talkin' aboot?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Didn't Tabe on support Annie once finish the game with only boots and a Ruby Crystal as actual items?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
That's pretty much the build for supports.
Better to rush sightstone over spending 700 gold on a philstone and have no wards. By the time you finally get the ruby sightstone it's probably already time to group up for fights and that philstone definitely isn't gonna get you wards to know where they're at to jump them without em knowing.
Ya it'll give gold... but that 700 could've been for the sightstone and some wards while in lane, and you'll get that 700 gold back in one teamfight from assists or even a kill or two most likely for more wards or even an oracles for the next few fights.

Not saying phil is bad, just that sightstone > philstone most of the time, and even getting 1000 for Boots of mobility would be better than philstone after a teamfight and you already got your wards/oracle

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I can confirm getting ss before philo is amazing and everyone should do it

Top Bottom