• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I love catching Edward's stream but I don't see him on too often. Might just be the hours I watch streams though.

john!

Smash Hero
@lizardwizard: it's been confirmed that you have to lose a game in the upper I division (not sure exactly what the cutoff is) before you stop getting clamped. it's impossible to have a 100% win streak from gold II to plat promo games, for instance.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
That sounds really counter intuitive. I always thought it was stupid that when I dropped a division I started winning more points per game, but when im on a winning spree I drop from getting 25 ish points a win to like 12.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
@lizardwizard: it's been confirmed that you have to lose a game in the upper I division (not sure exactly what the cutoff is) before you stop getting clamped. it's impossible to have a 100% win streak from gold II to plat promo games, for instance.
I dunno about that.
From bad teammates, to every lane losing including mine sometimes. 135 wins 85 points to 208 wins 100 points in Gold 1. I randomly hopped around to 6-10 point gaining to randomly going back up to 17-22. Even when I got demoted to Gold 2 and was at 57 points, took only two wins to get back to promos for gold 1 and get back in.

I honestly think it's just random.

john!

Smash Hero
I dunno about that.
From bad teammates, to every lane losing including mine sometimes. 135 wins 85 points to 208 wins 100 points in Gold 1. I randomly hopped around to 6-10 point gaining to randomly going back up to 17-22. Even when I got demoted to Gold 2 and was at 57 points, took only two wins to get back to promos for gold 1 and get back in.

I honestly think it's just random.
i'm talking about only the I divisions. i lurk the forums from time to time and i've seen a number of threads where people on winning streaks start getting +0 LP for winning a game at 99 LP in division I.

here's a big thread about it recently: http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=3905484

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Damn... figures that when I am just one game away from Gold is when I get barraged by leavers and dcs. Now I'm 4 games away again :(

On an unrelated note... Viktor the Creator is tiiiiight.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
What is the appeal of Baron? What's the appeal of starting baron (without jungler's consent, mind you) when all 5 enemies are up, with no real plan? Didn't know if we were baiting it or rushing it, someone said "turn and fight" so I did, but rest of my team decided to burst it (so jungler took it)
Why do people do this?! It was an easy win!!

Coney

Smash Master
soraka vs zyra is downright unfair
i like this article but you don't mention blue ezreal who is, hands down, the BEST solo queue champion TO EVER HAVE EXISTED in the game by a large margin

imo

good damage, insane poke, self-peel, waveclear, easy kiting, zone control, the works, and ZERO reliance on your teammates for protection

he's not as strong against a coordinated team but a really safe blue ez that doesn't trust his team is a nightmare

oops on my phone and your sig looked like it was just a link to your latest blog post my bad :teeth:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
i like this article but you don't mention blue ezreal who is, hands down, the BEST solo queue champion TO EVER HAVE EXISTED in the game by a large margin

imo

good damage, insane poke, self-peel, waveclear, easy kiting, zone control, the works, and ZERO reliance on your teammates for protection

he's not as strong against a coordinated team but a really safe blue ez that doesn't trust his team is a nightmare
Honestly that sounds like Ez in general.

Coney

Smash Master
sure but at least normal ez you can count on his E being down if you spook him and his Q wont slow and he wont be innately tankier than a standard adc

the power of infinite arcane shifts on an adc is insane

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Ez in general is good at the stuff you listed it's just blue ez does certain things better, arcane shift becomes bonkers.

While there is no permaslow kiting, Triforce will still give him fairly strong kitting power. Ez as a character is very loose in terms of comp and can fit in very well into a ton of comps. He's self reliant and not dependent, this is why he works very well solo queue.

When players get better, he loses some of that and people working together better makes characters like Ashe/Kogmaw just as appealing.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
yeah, i wrote that during the first few weeks of spring LCS i think? blue ez came into being a while after that, before it was all nid/lux being played

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980

imo

oops on my phone and your sig looked like it was just a link to your latest blog post my bad :teeth:
Hey, that sounds like Corki! Ive been spamming him in ranked lately and he's been carrying me higher lol. Have a 68% win rate with him ;D

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Blue Ezreal kites harder than like anybody in the game.
Corki at least has a decent vulnerability period because Valkyrie has fairly long cooldown even at high levels. Blue Ezreal has Arcane Shift up like every five seconds assuming he's hitting his Mystic Shots, and he has the slow from Gauntlet to boot making it harder to get into range to jump on him in the first place.
Blue Ezreal rivals Kassadin in terms of mobility.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Well if I say it like that you might get confused and think that in order to build it you need to explore and clear 8 dungeons, so idk.

I guess I'll call it trinity like I do when I speak with my mates.

Also, manamune + trinity on Sivir Y/N ? It's fun to spam everything endlessly.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Damage is more than bt/trinity but sustain is put heavily on quints then

Also tear takes like 20 minutes to fully stack after tear buy when Bt can be finished by like the 15 minute mark.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Also, manamune + trinity on Sivir Y/N ? It's fun to spam everything endlessly.
No to manamune, maybe to trinity.

Source: I'm 6-2 with Sivir in ranked, clearly I'm amazing at her.

edit to show a graphical glitch I randomly had in ONE game where melee minions attacking made Flash appear.

Why? It was only that one game.

BSL

B-B-B-BLAMM!!!
NNID
bsl883
3DS FC
3308-4560-2744
Visual bugs happen sometimes. I've had a game where the "slow" lines in the ground were smite. Another time rumble's flamethrower was ignite :c was even less fun.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Any thoughts on the new Olaf?
I feel like his lategame now is even better than it was before they nerfed him into the ground, but I'm feeling iffy at his early game now. I feel like his new role in lane is to just farm up safely until he has an item or two under his belt, similar to say Jax.
But oh god when he gets a couple items. I had Hydra, Spirit Visage, and my W and was just refusing to die. I checked my character screen at one point and saw I was hitting over 60% lifesteal as I got to that ~10% health threshold, and was comfortably over 2.0 attack speed with no attack speed items.
Had a couple games go pretty long, and the fact that my E was scaling past the 340 damage the old E did was very nice, especially with combination of capped CDR and auto attacks lowering the cooldown I was using it even more often than the old Olaf. When I had my ult active I was getting over 400 damage E's every couple seconds. The E needing items to scale up though is a definite hit to his ability to dominate lanes though, and that's why I just haven't even been really trying to bully in the early levels. You can't just be level 9 hitting them for 20% of their health in true damage every time they try to get a creep... I won't disagree that it was pretty ridiculous, but it certainly changes his dynamics in the early game.
The minimum throw distance is the only thing throwing me off. It actually gives the opponent the opportunity to play around your axes. Let's say you are right in front of Olaf and he hits you with a minimum distance axe, rather than trying to run away in the direction he threw it if you turn around you can stop Olaf from getting the followup axe because going to pick it up and then turn around himself takes too long. I totally get that they wanted counterplay to Olaf, but it changes a couple years of Olaf habits for me. I guess I'll just have to play it more and get used to it. I practiced a few customs in the jungle to get the hang of the wall mechanics and for the most part you can position yourself in a way that you hit the camp and still get instant axes, so that's nice.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
cho gath is so fun to play when you can build maximum tank

some have recommended AP off tank

**** that

Top Bottom