• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Niko45

Smash Master
Congrats. How'dja do it? I'm at gold 1 67 LP right now... slowly getting closer.

Playing renekton and vlad top lane. Covers most matchups. Renekton for the lane bullies that vlad can't hand like riven and such. Vlad beats the super sustainy stuff like singed zac shen.

I also really randomly have like a 64% winrate on sona in like 33 games played lol. I never want to support but if I have to then I play sona and apparently I win a lot. O_O

When I was gold 5 and stuck getting like no LP (win 3 games in a row, lose 1 - back to zero LP) I duo'd with a friend who was plat 3 at the time and we won a bunch of games and I got absolutely showered with MMR to the point where I was really cruising up gold thereafter. If anybody ever runs into this problem that's what I recommend you do (I was damn near ready to give up on my account).

john!

Smash Hero
When I was gold 5 and stuck getting like no LP (win 3 games in a row, lose 1 - back to zero LP) I duo'd with a friend who was plat 3 at the time and we won a bunch of games and I got absolutely showered with MMR to the point where I was really cruising up gold thereafter. If anybody ever runs into this problem that's what I recommend you do (I was damn near ready to give up on my account).
not hating on your success, but this makes me really sad. "solo" q is such horse ****

Niko45

Smash Master
I completely agree honestly I dont understand why you're allowed to duo in ranked games. It seems completely casual/social to allow that plus it completely distorts the matchmaking queue. I look at lol nexus every game and its very often that one team has a duo and the other doesn't.

As soon as I embraced the fact that the system is not about measuring skill accurately and is simply about...abusing the system, I started doing way better.

Steam

Smash Hero
why do you even need to use vlad? renekton covers eeeeverrryyyyy matchuppppppppppp and is possibly the easiest farmer in the game.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Because Vlad does things that Renekton doesn't do and sometimes you want those things for your team comp?
Also because you don't feel like letting the enemy team have fun, so you make them deal with Vlad with 40% cdr, Spectral Wraith, Spirit Visage, and Zhonya's lategame.

Niko45

Smash Master
why do you even need to use vlad? renekton covers eeeeverrryyyyy matchuppppppppppp and is possibly the easiest farmer in the game.

I have asked myself this during this run as well sometimes LOL. Somehow I've played more vlad than renekton tho.

Vlad just utterly dumpsters stuff like malph shen zac singed which can be annoying for renekton (can get outscaled at the very least). Vlad is also AP which is called for with like zed mid or something on my team.

I actually feel like Vlad is the one moreso than renekton that right now can lane against most stuff...there is no more level 2 red pot cheese (not much of it anyway). Dorans shield start is op, etc. I just need renekton for riven, irelia, jax, aatrox...stuff that vlad can't deal with at all (or at least my vlad can't).

Also I use vlad AGAINST renekton when it gets picked by the other team. :D

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
can someone explain to me how udyr works
If the enemy team can't kite you well enough, kill everything. If the enemy team can kite you well enough, should have picked somebody else. If the enemy team can kite you well enough, and you still picked Udyr, just stun anybody who tries to get close to your carries.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I've taken TP on probably every jungle Rammus game I've played. If nothing else, it's worth the allchat reactions when I homeguard tp. Although it actually is op and there are rarely situations where I think Flash would have been necessary.

73 LP oh god the pressure. Though I shouldn't worry myself because I'm sure I'll get ~The Clamp~ if I do go higher anyway.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
let's be real, they're even less ready for 1000 MS rammus teleporting behind them.

HoldeN HoT FiyA

Smash Apprentice
Just jungled Elise and played with a Blitz who trolled the entire game. First he hooked my blue buff through the wall at level 1, wasting time and taking xp from the clear so I didn't get to level 2. He then followed me around during the game and continued pulling my jungle through walls and trolling. At level 12 he went and began attacking Baron all by himself (needless to say he immediately died). He finished like 2/17 or something like that.

If I had any respect for myself as a jungler I woulda just AFK'd after he began trolling my jungle, but I just brushed it off. These are the things that make me never want to play this game again, you're dependent on one of your teammates not being a 4 year old because they got stuck supporting. Sorry for the rant, I just needed to vent this real quick before a snap my laptop in two.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
ive had a handful of those in my lifetime

even though it pisses me off to the ends of earth I don't even acknowledge it, I just continue playing like normal until 20 min because the last thing I want is to feed the trolls

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
i douubt rammus would work as effectively as jarvan/lee/nocturne/etc in competitive play. he's ****ing soloq terror just like rengar tho.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Cowl was a stealth (read: not very stealthy) Rammus buff
It's a really good item, but cowl, banshees, and visage aren't even in Rammus' most-used items on lolking. I certainly get Visage as a 4th or 5th item if I can afford it and the comp calls for it, 20% CDR is awesome.
Thornmail's too good though, hella fun to watch a Tristana willingly kill herself trying to finish the low HP Rammus from max range.

Also I keep asking teammates not to ban Yi so I get an even easier win when I play Rammus.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Happens often. People still don't set up teams that can lock him down up in gold.
It's silly. :applejack:

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
I like watching people rage at Yi. He's fun to watch- zipping around people and taking chunks off people. I think Talon is more scarier and devastating than Yi. That ****, I scream at.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
ppl ban yi in gold?
You kitten me? Yeah, a lot. Yi, Vayne, Thresh, Blitz... sometimes Kass/TF ... filler. I liked to ban Elise/Hec but they've both been nerfed so I'm not sure anymore. Still see a lot of Shen bans too.

Speaking of bans, Ahri's sitting at one of the higher banrates. What's up with that? She's easy to either counter or go even with in lane, and she certainly doesn't seem op. I remember her being banned a ton in season 2, but she got a lot of nerfs after that. Is it just because she's annoying to deal with?

Niko45

Smash Master
Ahri's pretty strong imo. Super safe, flexible build paths, can be played for aoe or burst, good roamer and farmer, not that easy to counter. Thats my go-to mid.

Idk about being banworthy, that seems a bit much. I dont think she's broken as hell or anything but she's versatile and solid all-around.

I'd much rather ban Zyra. Dat ***** OP.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Speaking of bans, Ahri's sitting at one of the higher banrates. What's up with that? She's easy to either counter or go even with in lane, and she certainly doesn't seem op. I remember her being banned a ton in season 2, but she got a lot of nerfs after that. Is it just because she's annoying to deal with?
I dont ban her personally, but its due to her mobility and assassination potential. Shes super safe and can 1v1 easily, plus shes also becoming really popular, hence her starting to get banned more and more.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
What web browsers do you guys use? I use Chrome and Ive never had that edit problem.

Top Bottom