• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Inhouses are ten people from SWF getting together to play games of League.

I've stolen a pentakill as Blitz before... ult's passive lightning took the last kill LOL

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
So I've been seeing a lot of korean GPs lately and I thought I'd try it on Thresh.

People never seem to be ready for that 1k auto attack.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Lucain is fun. He has sivir like chasing though which is frustrating, if you cant get within auto range theres no hope of you catching up.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Udyr with Triforce last hit passive, Boots of Swiftness + Alacrity, movespeed quints, his passive and Bear Stance active clears 600 movespeed (the raw number is a fair bit over 700 but the diminishing returns hits it hard). Add in a BotRK, and Randuins... absolutely terrifying. Damage before armor on a Q with Triforce was just shy of 1k. Being a fed Udyr is just too much fun, I just wish all my games could be like the one I just played.
Now if only Udyr could actually get the gold in a non-fed game to do fun things like that :(

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Triforce lucian is so much fun.

Anyone actually messed around with him? I've been building BT first because he really enjoys the AD for his q and passive. Blade is strong too if you need utility for yourself and it also increases your ults dmg by a fair amount.

I think the optimal build is just a typical adc build, BT > PD > LW >IE, etc. I might try building like graves and just get a zeal into LW.

But god tri force Lucian is so hilarious. double spell blade passives? check. New phage passive on top of hitting my w proc? check.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I kind of wish Riot would have made BotRK's active cast range shorter for just ranged characters, and kept it the same for melee.
Because I really need an even harder time getting at priority targets as a melee character...
At least new P.hage is amazing. I get a great feeling every time I'm ganking a lane and I smite a minion for the 60 movespeed needed to catch a target. New P.hage is also pretty hilarious on Lucian/Siver especially if they eventually go into Furor boots. New Triforce almost feels like its enough to make me want to seriously play Sivir again. She can almost proc Spellblade every time its up with Ricochet alone so she's getting a consistent extra 200 damage from Spellblade, and it is absolutely hilarious when she gets a kill and suddenly looking at an additional ~120 movespeed before diminishing returns between her passive, the P.hage bonus, and the Zeal portion of Triforce... Oh yeah and that's with her ult down. If her ult's up you're hitting a bonus ~140 movespeed.
I don't know though... 500 range still makes her seem so sketchy despite her kit being kind of silly strong. If you have the right support though I definitely see her working well though. Somebody like Thresh or Cow that can zone out the other carry through scare tactics alone, and peel for you very well; I feel like they would do a great job of alleviating your 500 range, and they also have strong all in potential which works great with Q's crazy damage, and having a freaking auto attack reset on an ADC (seriously... it's silly).

Life

Smash Hero
Apparently Youmuu's pretty good on Lucian, according to a random thread on GD. Given that it was exactly that--a random thread on GD--I'm curious whether anyone here would take that seriously.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
1. Deathcap
2. ???

Really, it depends on your team, their team, and how the game's going. It's usually pretty self-explanatory. Get Zhonyas if they can dive you easily. Liandrys/Rylais is commonly considered to be awesome on him, but I feel gimpy if I don't get Deathcap as first or second item, Liandrys usually feels overrated. RoA usually isn't worth getting because it takes too long. I've been enjoying Chalice->Deathcap->Athene's recently against annoying poke like Lux, and it solves my mana problems better than I thought it would.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Good Malz build...Let's see... Alright well you definitely want Black Cleaver for the AD, pen and CDR... probably Muramana so you can be constantly spamming spells for more Voidlings... Last Whisper for even more pen, Boots of Lucidity, maybe top it all off with a Bloodthirster for a last huge chunk of AD.
AD Malz is best Malz. Voidlings get all of your bonus AD and penetration :teemo:

New Olaf... *drools*
Reckless Swing scaling... Oh god... just oh god... That's terrifying. I love it.
Probably my second favorite champ in the game behind Udyr. Can't wait to be playing a powerful Olaf again.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium

i dont really seem tsm staying together after this season if they dont make worlds

Player-3

Smash Hero
just played a game with hai in that inhouse thing he set up for diamond/challenger players

10000000000000000000000000x better than solo queue holy ****

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
Except for the part where Regi is both the instigator of all the problems and arguments on the team, as well as the owner of the team and the only one who can throw out serious threats, like kicking from the team or benching. I feel horrible for dyrus because of the situation he is in.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I've never liked Regi as a player, and I wish TSM could exist without him, but he's the owner so it ain't happening unless he wanted to go the HotshotGG route and step off as a player, but manage the team/coach or whatever.

I think it's hard to say who the weak link of TSM is right now as they all just seem like a dysfunctional mess.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
On Malzahar I tend to always get RoA. Tear upgrades aren't his best area IMO, hence RoA over archangels. He is a massive mana guzzler.

Rylai's and Void Staff are my follow up pick ups usually. Going death cap can be great (like my olden day build used to be Catalyst -> Deathcap and then either RoA or Banshee's [which was/is pretty useful on him]).

Base damages make void staff a good pickup, that combined with % health is likely giving him more damage at the 5k+ gold point of the game. Rylai's has always been one of my favourite items on him. Makes him a significantly better team fighter/zoner.

Liandry's is alright but it doesn't always feel worthwhile... You'll be doing more burst and sustained damage with Death cap IMO.

The moment fights are starting, you should always have a blue pot ready. Blue buff + blue pot plus not much effort equates to 40% CDR and will be making his BURST pretty close to sustained damage.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I've never liked Regi as a player, and I wish TSM could exist without him, but he's the owner so it ain't happening unless he wanted to go the HotshotGG route and step off as a player, but manage the team/coach or whatever.

I think it's hard to say who the weak link of TSM is right now as they all just seem like a dysfunctional mess.
Wildturtle is the only stable human being outside of that grin maybe.
Oddone has some problem with not wanting to talk when he's around other people.
Regi Passive aggressive :^)
Dyrus Raging Autism
Xspecial too beta and cries a lot.

If you mean skill wise, Regi is definitely the weakest link with Wildturtle next in line. He had maybe a few games when Draven use to be strong and if he was banned his next crutch was Caitlyn. Otherwise he was mediocre with any other AD.
Draven nerfed so back to Twitch and as most of us have seen, he isn't doing well at all now, he's incredibly inconsistent and that's bad to have in the AD role.

Niko45

Smash Master
Esports is evolving and getting very competitive globally. To me it screams dysfunction for a team owner to also be a player on the team. If one guys is unkickable and has the power to kick any of the other 4 players whenever he wants, there's no way that team can perform or improve efficiently. At the end of the day, he can't really be called out for sucking by the other players or "coaches," not called out to the extent where he realizes his job is at stake. Meanwhile, he can do all the calling out he wants and it's also in the interest of the other 4 players to stay on his good side and defer blame away from him. In the amateur days it was fine but it can't continue.

On the other hand, I'm sure someone like Dyrus has constantly had to weigh that dysfunction with the perks, like the fact that he has 10s of thousands of viewers watching his derpy solo queue games.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Even if he left TSM he'd still get huge viewer numbers. At this point people will watch his stream for him, regardless of the quality or anything. He's got enough fans that it almost doesn't matter which is a little sad.
His stream quality has dropped, and I've almost stopped watching him altogether. Hell, TSM members in general aren't great streamers anymore except maybe Oddone who is still at least good for some cheap laughs while he ***** about in solo queue.

I'll watch guys like Voyboy, Aphromoo, Scarra, and Dan Dinh all day though.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Esports is evolving and getting very competitive globally. To me it screams dysfunction for a team owner to also be a player on the team. If one guys is unkickable and has the power to kick any of the other 4 players whenever he wants, there's no way that team can perform or improve efficiently. At the end of the day, he can't really be called out for sucking by the other players or "coaches," not called out to the extent where he realizes his job is at stake. Meanwhile, he can do all the calling out he wants and it's also in the interest of the other 4 players to stay on his good side and defer blame away from him. In the amateur days it was fine but it can't continue.

On the other hand, I'm sure someone like Dyrus has constantly had to weigh that dysfunction with the perks, like the fact that he has 10s of thousands of viewers watching his derpy solo queue games.
Absolutely agreed, and he lacks the distance to deal with other issues in the team dispassionately and it's essentially two fulltime jobs. Furthermore, he said at some point (I believe at the beginning of season 3) that I can't try to be everyone's friend anymore because he has to make management decisions, I can only imagine what kind of problems that causes for team synergy.

It was fine when this was an amateur hour affair, but one of the major issues korea showed us was how important professional management was, regi should really step down from other the coaching/management or being a player. If it's the former, somebody needs to be able to decide to bench/remove him.

Edit: Same thing I said about hotshot before he left.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
Even if he left TSM he'd still get huge viewer numbers. At this point people will watch his stream for him, regardless of the quality or anything. He's got enough fans that it almost doesn't matter which is a little sad.
His stream quality has dropped, and I've almost stopped watching him altogether. Hell, TSM members in general aren't great streamers anymore except maybe Oddone who is still at least good for some cheap laughs while he ****s about in solo queue.

I'll watch guys like Voyboy, Aphromoo, Scarra, and Dan Dinh all day though.

Is it just me or is Dan Dinh not impressive at all? Like not even a little bit, I have no idea how he is ranked as high as he is, guess I'm just bad and don't see it.

But Aphro, Jaximus or qt if I feel like laughing, otherwise Scarra, Meteos, or anyone on CLG minus chauster are good to catch when they actually stream, but **** azubu.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I don't really watch his stream for the quality of play. I like the general vibe of his stream. Usually just chill, with some good music, and I actually feel like chat isn't bogged down by trolls and 10 year old kiddos.
If I want quality of play so I can learn something there are definitely better streamers though.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
anyone lucky enough to grab world finals tickets before they sold out?

Boofy!

Smash Champion
I don't really watch his stream for the quality of play. I like the general vibe of his stream. Usually just chill, with some good music, and I actually feel like chat isn't bogged down by trolls and 10 year old kiddos.
If I want quality of play so I can learn something there are definitely better streamers though.
yeah he is a cool guy for sure, I remember watching him take shots when he died or something haha, I like him better than the rest of TSM by a mile, and I don't see how him and Regi are related at all. Also Froggen's stream has the worst music by far holy **** its bad.

Top Bottom