• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Niko45

Smash Master
Spent over 2 months fluctuating between gold 5 and gold 4 promoting and demoting many times. In just the past two weeks I've gone from the very bottom of gold 5 to gold 1. Been playing so much better in general. Feels good!

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Yeah, it's basically Lux with cleavage. Doesn't mean I won't buy it, but...yeah. The similarity is kind of blatant.
It's just the eyes. Other Janna splash arts have human sized eyes, but this one has been drawn by someone who enjoys Disney/mangas, probably the same guy who's behind Lux's splash.

The VA tho.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Agreed, but Oracles being kept upon death is even more annoying right now.

daquist

Smash Rookie
Hey dudes, just a Smash fan looking for more people to play League with (Currently Plat 2 in solo queue), add me if you would like - BEST YOLOSWAG NA.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
man is there anyone in the gold/plat range that's willing to duo with me sometime? I'm halfway through gold 1 but anytime I get up here my luck just crashes. I just want to get to plat and take a breaaaakkkk

Is Manamune Udyr even a thing?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
He can proc tear pretty well so I can see it working, sort of.

He also builds gauntlet from time to time so I can see the mind set.

~

Also true bro supports dive under fountain to make sure their carry gets a penta kill.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Pretty much every Udyr ever gets either Frozen Fist or Frozen Heart. I think the main reason to not get Manamune is that Phoenix is usually preferred over Tiger, and Phoenix doesn't really scale with AD.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
My issue with Manamune on Udyr is that it takes time for it to get going, and Tiger Udyr is all about destruction in the early to mid game because like nobody can out duel him early on, and Tiger takes any objective stupidly fast when you go with the Dorans start. He basically stops having mana issues after his initial clear and you get your Spirit Stone, so it's not like he needs the Tear for sustain reasons. Plus, for about the price of a Tear I can have my Scepter, and be ~halfway done with my Cutlass and I really don't want to be delaying by BotRK as TIger Udyr more than I need to.
As for Phoenix, I think there are better damage items that have a lot of synergy with Phoenix Udyr, and Phoenix doesn't scale off of AD. For Phoenix I feel like Gauntlet, Sunfire, and Wits End all go so well with him that I would want any of those for more damage before thinking about stacking up a Tear.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
The Udyr I'm talking about was top lane, went Manamune->Bork. He didn't get to do much because surprisingly, a melee champion with no instant gapcloser has to take damage before he reaches his targets.

Anyway I'm gonna try streaming ranked, possibly no music or talking, if you miss it the videos should be saved under past broadcasts.

http://www.twitch.tv/hoidsa starting off with jingle rammus
edit: i finally start streaming and first game is mostly 4v5
http://www.twitch.tv/hoidsa/b/446890039 there's the video, feel free to give advice ._. game starts off well then Tristana keeps disconnecting and unfun crap happens
literally 90% of her health from Nid spears wtf

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=40775817#40775817 that rengar rework though

There of course is outcry against it already, but after reading it I'm kinda liking the changes (although I'm not a Rengar player, but I might be interested in playing him)
His ult was incredibly frustrating if he was ahead, and you were playing a Marksman or someone he was targeting. Literally no way to avoid him unless you pink ward everywhere or have someone with oracles babysitting all directions around you or something.
Skillshot Bola is something I wanted for a while.

Life

Smash Hero
I actually like the look of it, but GD cries "RUINED" and downvotes before the numbers are even preliminarily balanced, let alone on the PBE.

I don't even know why I read that forum sometimes.

Then again, I don't have Rengar. I wouldn't know if he's been actually ruined. It just seems weird to pass judgment so soon.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
People cried Rengar was bad after his last set of nerfs but all of a sudden he became good again cause triple Q is pretty broke.

I like how bonetooth necklace is now a jungle item (builds out of machete)

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I like most of the changes. Not having to rely on stealth is a good change, assuming he gets appropriately buffed on other areas. I don't like what they're doing with W, though. They're trying to force the thematic element a bit too hard, there's no reason to change it.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
SK vs NiP

That team fight at the end was so crazy

just SK Kevin threw the game chasing too far and dying for it and getting his support killed giving NiP the baron and the game winning push

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Oh man oh my oh me.
EG making Gambit look like Cardboard VI.
Krepo/Froggen role swap too strong. Froggen's Blitz was destruction all game.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
I haven't really bothered to play League in a couple months except for when my friends want to play. They don't play ranked though, so I've been watching myself slowly decay. Worked down through gold, now into Silver III... Eh

Steam

Smash Hero
rengar's stealth isn't very broken if you consider the fact that they're transitioning him to sustained DPS, he's not a burster anymore.

his E being changed to a skillshot really throws a monkey wrench into his top lane against AP champs now that his W just reduces AD. Since E will be unreliable he might have to resort to *gulp*... maxing Q.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I haven't really bothered to play League in a couple months except for when my friends want to play. They don't play ranked though, so I've been watching myself slowly decay. Worked down through gold, now into Silver III... Eh
Dude b4 they added in the warning messages this happened to me lol. I don't really play 5s soloq(only team ranked :p) so after i got gold from placements i was like KAY I GOT MY PRIZE I'M GOOD and then one day...

you've been demoted to silver 1!

****ing decay xD...

got back into it tho.

why does trundle see 0 play? only reason i can think of is the assasin meta atm...but god he's so insanely strong.

Top Bottom