• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Man, I stop playing League for almost a year, and now I come back and Mogwai works for Riot?
Belated grats, that's incredible.

Life

Smash Hero
So I spent too much of my spring break playing LoL. Get a group of friends (or in my case, mutual-by-2-to-4-degrees-of-separation friends) on skype and it's pretty fun.

I think Duq throttles LoL though, so no playing at college, otherwise I'd probably post my tag here. Ah well.

In any case, I play top Singed and ADC Twitch so far (though other character recs are welcome).

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
its that time of the month when i begin to think about gangplank again and how to make him better

i think his lane phase would be so much better if he got a ranged auto attack. he no longer has to make the difficult choice of spending his limited mana to either harass or farm (since hes just going to get zoned no matter what)

a good way to do this would be to change his q to be a toggle between his sword (melee) and pistol (ranged). his sword could give gp some sort of stat bonus to give the player incentive to switch, maybe like additional ad or just make his current passive apply to sword stance

another idea would to make his parley manaless, but give it charges that you gain over time ("reloading"). since you no longer have to worry about running oom, you can constantly harass (at the opportunity cost of getting the extra gold from minion kills)

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
how so

you get anyone with more than 1 damaging attack pushing your lane to tower since you cant trade or poke with q without going oom, then you are forced to sit under tower farming. you cant push back waves fast enough, so your tower falls quick

if you are talking about bankplank though, thats just dumb game design imo.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I run a little bit of mana regen on ye ol GP and I never ever ever run out of mana. In most lanes you're maxing out W anyway for the CHEESE and you're going to get pushed to your tower. Best bet for trying to trade in lane is to try to get a few AAs in at some point and then elongate your passive with Q when possible. Otherwise you try to freeze your lane in the right spots and make minions dance and hopefully shrug off the harass with W until your creep wave catches up; which is the only way to keep your tower going against nidalee or teemo (and you'd be surprised how long they let you freeze if you just completely and utterly avoid any conflict until the lanes in those right positions).

He wins a lot of Mid-lanes though, and I'm surprised you still don't see him being placed there when he's close to Morgana-level lane abuse in mid. Most combatants don't have the early game to make things hard for GP nor do they have the resources (mana) to combat his heal. They're all a lot squishier and don't have super dumb overpowered defensive offensive mechanics that he struggles to deal with.

Seriously, PUT HIM MID and tell your jungler to take all the blues and to give you red instead. You will win every single lane.

Player-3

Smash Hero
how so

you get anyone with more than 1 damaging attack pushing your lane to tower since you cant trade or poke with q without going oom, then you are forced to sit under tower farming. you cant push back waves fast enough, so your tower falls quick

if you are talking about bankplank though, thats just dumb game design imo.
max w and fight them

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
idk, that just seems like such an unnatural way to play a lane. letting your opponent dictate how your lane goes seems wack. midplank is pretty good though

ill try out w shenanigans and see if i fare better

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I run a little bit of mana regen on ye ol GP and I never ever ever run out of mana. In most lanes you're maxing out W anyway for the CHEESE and you're going to get pushed to your tower. Best bet for trying to trade in lane is to try to get a few AAs in at some point and then elongate your passive with Q when possible. Otherwise you try to freeze your lane in the right spots and make minions dance and hopefully shrug off the harass with W until your creep wave catches up; which is the only way to keep your tower going against nidalee or teemo (and you'd be surprised how long they let you freeze if you just completely and utterly avoid any conflict until the lanes in those right positions).

He wins a lot of Mid-lanes though, and I'm surprised you still don't see him being placed there when he's close to Morgana-level lane abuse in mid. Most combatants don't have the early game to make things hard for GP nor do they have the resources (mana) to combat his heal. They're all a lot squishier and don't have super dumb overpowered defensive offensive mechanics that he struggles to deal with.

Seriously, PUT HIM MID and tell your jungler to take all the blues and to give you red instead. You will win every single lane.
Sounds like an idea with an AP jungler like Amumu and Fiddlesticks. Or heck, even skarnar

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I feel like Lux/Xerath are closer comparisons to Ziggs. And they (particularly Lux) certainly outclass him.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I don't think anyone completely outclasses Ziggs. He's got a (questionably strong) combination of zone control, poke, burst, and sustained damage.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
You guys should try building Sword of the Divine on Master Yi. On top of just feeling phenomenal, I really do think Yi is the best user of the item. I mean, if you think about it, Sword of the Divine has a 3.0 total AD ratio. The damage is freaking nuts. Two Doran's, SotD and you're good to go. SotD, GA, LW, BTx2 or IE for major destruction end-game, but you're pretty much fully built as soon as you get Sword of the Divine.

Coney

Smash Master
Hey guys, I know I've been posting about my stuff a lot but...this is the last one! I promise!

I'm starting my show on VGBC, a Twitch channel founded by smashers GIMR and Aposl. The first episode of "The Grind" will go on tonight, and will chronicle my journey from Diamond 5 to Diamond 1.

If you've ever seen me play, you know that I'm EXTREMELY hot and cold...which means the stream will feature as much high-level play as it will missed flashes, far-off skillshots, and general hilarity.

It would mean a LOT to me if you guys could upvote this, and I hope I'll see you guys in the chat tonight!

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueofleg...t_8pm_ill_be_streaming_the_grind_a_brand_new/

Niko45

Smash Master
It's a shame GP is miserably shut down by ninja tabi and needs like triple the farm of the average bruiser to be relevant in the game. It's all about wukong mid :D

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
i feel like gp top is just a placeholder. He can't "lose" but he can't really destroy bar superb outplaying.

GP mid is certainly awesome.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Wukong jungle. Having so much fun with this, I thought it was gimmicky at first but it's beastly.
Ah. That was my thing to do when playing drunk. I haven't played drunk in a long time, so I haven't done it. I called it Munken Drungle Junkey.

I'm all-around not much good at jungling, but that was almost my best jungler.

I love Wukong.

john!

Smash Hero
i'm going to begin totaling my k/d/a and the k/d/a of my teammates in ranked.

you stupid ****tards who still think that luck doesn't exist, prepare for another round of cognitive dissonance and denial of statistics.

it was fun watching you scramble for rational explanations last time.

D

Deleted member

of course chance exists, I don't think anyone is denying that.
also be fair and do the same for the opponent

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Luck exists.

Believing that you're cursed with bad luck or something just doesn't make sense, though. And do you still harbor a grudge vs the people in this thread over that? Let it go.

Top Bottom