• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Frolossus

Smash Lord
just learned the benefits of smartcasting walls lol
EDIT: found out the wall does 1 true damage and raise morale can kill the egg
let the trolling commence lol

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
you can kill your own ****ing anivia?
I think he means on the other team...at least I hope so :laugh:

In other news, my WW is apparently bad :( My map awareness seems to go out the window when I'm playing melee champs not named Eve or Shaco. We won, but I did a couple dumb things that could've lost us a team fight or given up a kill. (Could've, but didn't cuz the team was awesome like that :))

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
just learned the benefits of smartcasting walls lol
EDIT: found out the wall does 1 true damage and raise morale can kill the egg
let the trolling commence lol
I smartcast everything ever since I went through that maining Ezreal phase.

AND WHAT. Gang can kill his own Anivia?

Evanms

Smash Journeyman
It has been fairly consistently trapping stuff for me instantly. @above forums said it would work :c

We had a game yesterday where anivia walled our brush by wraiths and we couldn't pass through the brush the rest of the game. So broken!

In other news angry blitz was angry!

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
344 CS with Pirate. This guy is so much fun.

jpak

Smash Lord
Tomato Cat is a nice person to play with :)

And Cass is a really really good AP carry. Top 5 I'd say (/everyone disagree). Anivia Annie being 1 and 2.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Ah, Kleeck isn't on smashboards but he was saying that he was just joking around (plus he was drunk... as usual) and that he felt bad about saying whatever it was that he said that made you quit. I kind of missed everything in my mocking Travis' terrible TF. I'm sure he'll apologize next time he talks to you.

I did you proud though. I was almost up to my 3rd Zeal by the end of that game :) No touchdowns though... they were all up in our base.

Yay, my Corki is getting better! Learning to farm and be smart with mana and even kite (which I never do b/c he's my only ranged character aside from Janna, lol).

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer

And Cass is a really really good AP carry. Top 5 I'd say (/everyone disagree). Anivia Annie being 1 and 2.
:) thanks you too!

Ah, Kleeck isn't on smashboards but he was saying that he was just joking around (plus he was drunk... as usual) and that he felt bad about saying whatever it was that he said that made you quit. I kind of missed everything in my mocking Travis' terrible TF. I'm sure he'll apologize next time he talks to you.

I did you proud though. I was almost up to my 3rd Zeal by the end of that game :) No touchdowns though... they were all up in our base.

Yay, my Corki is getting better! Learning to farm and be smart with mana and even kite (which I never do b/c he's my only ranged character aside from Janna, lol).
you guys are totally cool, i just couldnt really take it. i couldnt tell who was trying hard to win and who wasnt, but it seemed like their whole team was and i was but you guys werent, so the dialog just got to me. i dont mean to be dramatic ever but i just felt like aaaaaghhhh yknow

lmao you can never have enough movespeed.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP

IMO Ezreal is a really under appreciated AP Carry.

With max CDR (blue elixir + blue buff) he starts to out damage anivia at a per second rate at 74 AP (With lich bane) [Ezreal's Q + W v Anivia's R + E]. (Ezreal's Q + W outdoes Anivia's Q + E + R at 600 AP; but considering Ezreal's burst ult and sparing usage of arcane...)

It's a shame his farming sucks and he has no CC.

Still... if AP Ezreal gets fed... he's pretty scary. He just has too much safe range compared to the other AP Carries. Annie, Anivia, Kennen, Cass and even Kassadin all have to be in range of just about everything to be 100% effective.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Corki farm is -insanely easy- (butt hurt Ezreal player here).
Level up Q, once you hit 6, q + one ult shot kills 3 creeps (the aoe of q/r doesn't easily reach all 6 creeps).
Plus having the strongest auto attack for a majority of the early game helps a ton too.

Generally I use q + 1 R on the range minions and just time auto attacks on the melee ones. Once you're at level 6, if you're at mid, you should be getting all 6 creeps per wave.

Cia

das kwl

I LOVE Cassiopeia. But unless you can give good reasons for why she's better than any of

1) Anivia
2) Annie
3) Kassadin
4) Vladimir
5) Morgana
6) Kennen
7) Karthus
8) Lux
9) Heimerdinger
10) Fiddlesticks

I can't agree with that.

:teemo:

Frolossus

Smash Lord

I LOVE Cassiopeia. But unless you can give good reasons for why she's better than any of

1) Anivia
2) Annie
3) Kassadin
4) Vladimir
5) Morgana
6) Kennen
7) Karthus
8) Lux
9) Heimerdinger
10) Fiddlesticks

I can't agree with that.

shes half snake and synergizes better if your team has singed or teemo?

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Aight A couple of Updates

-I picked up Irelia and Kennen so Now I play them along with Annie + Kat

-AD -> Hybrid Kat over AP Kat.

now when I say AD->hybrid...the first 2 big items I build are AD

Pretty much the 2 items that are always in the set are Bloodrazors and Rageblade...

ever since I started building AD Kat she seems to kill WAAAAY better than all AP Kat.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Corki farm is -insanely easy- (butt hurt Ezreal player here).
Level up Q, once you hit 6, q + one ult shot kills 3 creeps (the aoe of q/r doesn't easily reach all 6 creeps).
Plus having the strongest auto attack for a majority of the early game helps a ton too.

Generally I use q + 1 R on the range minions and just time auto attacks on the melee ones. Once you're at level 6, if you're at mid, you should be getting all 6 creeps per wave.
Hrm... I've been leveling up Gatling Gun. Admittedly it's not as good for clearing creep waves but it saves mana and helps for team fights. Might try leveling Phosphorous Bomb first instead. I really wish its cast range was longer so that it could actually be used to scout bushes for you.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Hrm... I've been leveling up Gatling Gun. Admittedly it's not as good for clearing creep waves but it saves mana and helps for team fights. Might try leveling Phosphorous Bomb first instead. I really wish its cast range was longer so that it could actually be used to scout bushes for you.
Yeah when I first started using Corki I leveled up gatling gun first too.

The move was actually bugged during the time of him being OP though. And Corki's amazingness all comes from having such high base damage SPAMMABLE magic damage spells that cover all of his damage output needs for a good majority of the game while being able to farm up AD items which eventually resolves to the **** that is his passive.

As corki doesn't build AP or magic penetration, you want to level up those spells early.

Also Q is the superior harassment spell prior to level 6 to gatling gun. Also to consider is that at lower levels there is not too much armor to worry about in the first place, while you already have armor pen from runes/masteries (right?), gattling gun can make you melt people, but, you should be doing high damage to them already early on.

Like, Q has instant cast, even though the range is kind of short.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Corki's **** is basically his AoE. His Q revealing stealth... that was BS. Yay for making warding pointless.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Corki's **** is basically his AoE. His Q revealing stealth... that was BS. Yay for making warding pointless.
No one complained about his Q revealing stealth until he got buffed. The mechanic wasn't a problem when he was picked less often and did less damage. It was a solid utility. But since he suddenly became a top pick, he was in LOTS of games and he could do more than just reveal stealth. I actually like it as a mechanic and I think they could reintroduce it if they reduced the duration of the reveal. That way you could still kill a ward, but you would have to hit it three times with PB to reveal it for just long enough for one attack. That way you'd have to just sit there for a while to reveal it enough times to kill the ward. It would make ward hunting with him less useful since you'd have to stay put too long. But still an OPTION if your team could commit to protecting you.

@jpak, I think Cass is scary in the early game, but tapers off hard later. If she gets really fed she can stay scary later, but its entirely possible to play safe against her and keep her from getting fed. Also, she is such a soft target in team fights that if she IS doing well, she's easy to burst down and then switch targets once she's dealt with.

rofl @ these comics:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=425985

Udyr is a perv.

jpak

Smash Lord

1) Anivia
2) Annie
3) Kassadin
4) Vladimir
5) Morgana
6) Kennen
7) Karthus
8) Lux
9) Heimerdinger
10) Fiddlesticks

I can't agree with that.

Can't give you reasons just yet till I play her more just saying that after playing with and against Jatt. Anivia and annie beat her. The rest of them are no except may be karthus, Cass is such a strong solo.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You guys find that building Manamune on him is worthwhile, then? I feel like he doesn't have the mana pool necessary to sustain his spell usage otherwise, while it also grants him some nice regen and a solid attack buff by late game.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer

1) Anivia
2) Annie
3) Kassadin
4) Vladimir
5) Morgana
6) Kennen
7) Karthus
8) Lux
9) Heimerdinger
10) Fiddlesticks

I can't agree with that.

You forgets about them Malzahar carries :p

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Before the nerfs, Manamune -> Triforce was the most common build. IDK if they still do that these days, I know people debated IE -> LW over Manamune -> Triforce. Manamune to Triforce was a lot more feasible because it gave you a mana pool to spam Q with to ward check and mana regen to let you spam rockets.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
Aight A couple of Updates

-I picked up Irelia and Kennen so Now I play them along with Annie + Kat

-AD -> Hybrid Kat over AP Kat.

now when I say AD->hybrid...the first 2 big items I build are AD

Pretty much the 2 items that are always in the set are Bloodrazors and Rageblade...

ever since I started building AD Kat she seems to kill WAAAAY better than all AP Kat.
imo AD kat was always just on the edge of viability, since the BB nerf AP is superior more so now then ever
hybrid is just garbage
EDIT: bloodrazors and rageblade are both terrible items on kat

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
what? atm, the only way to build Kat is hybrid. Rylai's -> Gunblade. Nothing else scales well enough.

And prior to the latest set of Kat changes, AP/tank was the best Kat build. AD has pretty much never been viable except in low levels games where you're up against teams with 0-2 hard CC.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
well everytime I have ever built AP kat like...I get *****

so then one game my friend was playing YI and i said "every item you get I'm getting"

I ***** that game...We tanked towers and then did A base Dive (pass the base tower) and killed 3 of the people in there and made it out alive....**** was hilarious

and ever since then I have just been playing AD Kat

don't her Abilities scale off AD also anyway?

I usually go for gunblade when I start going hybrid but My Attack is usually way higher than my AP (by atleast 100)
I put rylai on annie so that tibbers gets more free hits because of the slowing effect.

Full annie build
-rylais - 4
-Deathcap -5
-Rod of ages -2
-sorc boots-1
- Void staff -3

The numbers are the order I usually get them.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
what? atm, the only way to build Kat is hybrid. Rylai's -> Gunblade. Nothing else scales well enough.

And prior to the latest set of Kat changes, AP/tank was the best Kat build. AD has pretty much never been viable except in low levels games where you're up against teams with 0-2 hard CC.
absolutely not, by going hybrid your shunpo and BB do less for a bit more ult damage, the ult damage is only decent from hextech gunblades, but AP + deathcap gives you reasonable damage and a shunpo that doesn't suck

well everytime I have ever built AP kat like...I get *****

so then one game my friend was playing YI and i said "every item you get I'm getting"

I ***** that game...We tanked towers and then did A base Dive (pass the base tower) and killed 3 of the people in there and made it out alive....**** was hilarious

and ever since then I have just been playing AD Kat

don't her Abilities scale off AD also anyway?

I usually go for gunblade when I start going hybrid but My Attack is usually way higher than my AP (by atleast 100)

I put rylai on annie so that tibbers gets more free hits because of the slowing effect.
her Q and ult scale off of AD but you want BFs or Bloodthirsters not bloodrazors and rageblade

Top Bottom