• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It's close to noon for me and I've not slept yet you *****

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
yeah but i think i'm going outside today, and that's meant to be at least at a reasonable time :p.

And eh, I can get addicted to staying awake all night/day.
Staying awake for 40 hours and getting wasted is feverishly good, knocks me out for 3 days afterwards though (half of that is sleeping though)

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
You know what I like doing as jungle shaco in solo queue?

Grabbing mejais.

There's nothing better, and easier, than getting 10-20 stacks through your own merits (Shaco + red buff early on can pretty much kill anything anyway) + deceiving into someone about to die and thowing a shiv for an assist.
Also spamming boxes gives you assists.

Also then you get a bloodthirster and a death cap and **** baron.
True story.

Nothings better than having a 700 damage shiv nuke which applies backstab's 20% passive for some epic kill steals.
So when you do this do you play hybrid? Or do you just switch your build completely
yeah but i think i'm going outside today, and that's meant to be at least at a reasonable time :p.

And eh, I can get addicted to staying awake all night/day.
Staying awake for 40 hours and getting wasted is feverishly good, knocks me out for 3 days afterwards though (half of that is sleeping though)
I agree with the latter half of this wholeheartedly.

Rappster

Smash Ace
hey guys.
i'm only level 13 cause i play on weekends only, and i recently acquired jax.
is a ap+lifesteal build viable?
like if i get
doran's ring
ninja tabi
guinsoos
hextech gunblade
what should i get next?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I'd probably get tanky. BV, Atmas, TF/Frozen Mallet.

I wouldn't start out with Doran ring though for Jax. Even without mana regen, he's not mana hungry unless you're trying to beat your lane to a pulp.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Question: after last patch, what rune setup should I use to jungle with Shaco?

I go the Regi route. Used to rune arm pen reds, armor yellows, mp/5/lv blues, 2 health quints and 1 arm pen quint. It works sometimes, but others it's quite dangerous and one time I got humiliated.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP

So when you do this do you play hybrid? Or do you just switch your build completely
I don't really change my build at all,
I just put a 1300 gold investment into an item that has strong benefits for its cost considering Shaco's two 1:1 AP ratios and his jack in the box which is like a 1.5 AP ratio damage over 5 seconds.

-

I generally do armor pen reds, attack speed blue/yellows, health quints.
Otherwise I have another rune page which is all attack speed runes with Mana regen blues... which I sometimes use (Mostly Olaf though). With the attack speed rune page and a green elixir, Shaco can do first round of jungle at 3.30

I used to do movement quints, armor pen reds, cdr blues and mana regen yellows... but I honestly think it would be pretty hard to jungle with such a set up nowadays (however allows for less 'finesse' in mana usage, and shaco could actually afford to let someone else on his team take blue buff from him eventually; shaco without blue buff is pretty much a -1 to your team until he's like level 16 and/or has banshees [or catalyst]).

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Saw vent, was like meh

Saw the background, I was like YEAAAAAAAAAAAHH

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I think next time we need to do a full map All Random All Zeal and see how that goes. All Boots of Mobility, Ghost, and Revive, to make it even better.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I understand.
I've won though, and it still feels bad.

It's a pretty stagnant game... even if it is "all random" characters.
Heal / Clarity, 5 of them.

Why not just ban it, its that god damn centralising.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
First game we played was Tryn (me), Akali, Viegar, Sion, and Vlad v Blitz, Morg, Janna, Teemo, and some one. We got *****.

Second was Annie (me), Nid, Viegar, Sona, and some one v Viegar, Vlad, Morg, Ashe, Teemo. We got *****.

Last was GP (me), Urgot, Kassadin, Nasus, and Vlad v Lux, Kayle, Morg, Mundo, and Cait. We didn't get a tower.

It just ****ing sucks.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I figured out how to jungle Eve with the new neutral minion m resist buffs. I feel a little evil inside...and then there's that twisted part of me that enjoys it :chuckle:

In all seriousness, I think she's a terrible thing for the game when in the jungle and I hope they fix that soon. Still, it doesn't hurt to know how to use her for now.

I currently run a really weird rune page to do it:

Atk Spd Yellows and Blues
7x Arm Pen Reds & 2x Atk Spd Reds
2x Health Quints and 1x AP Quint
Run Smite/Ignite and use Ignite to initially kill blue buff (also using the mastery for extra AP). I can do it alone and barely survive and do much better if I have someone toss a couple hits on it. Anyone else done it yet/have a better setup?

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
I uploaded all of the chinese character icons to photobucket if you want to use them for swf avatars.

http://s54.photobucket.com/albums/g91/Yangwastaken/League Icons/
Trying to use the Galio one, but it keeps telling me the file is too large. I'm going to have to resize it.

You don't understand. I have never won one. Ever.

I blame the heart of the cards.
I have never lost an ARAM. I always end up on a team full of champs with awesome pokes, or a team full of heals.

Evanms

Smash Journeyman
Lololl!!! Last night in the second game best part was spamming artilery for a minuet and a half straight at inhib tower, killing teemo, morgana, and veigar! Px was all "FFS!! What's the cd and mana cost on that thing??" rushing tear was awesome.
Nidalee spears+kog ult was jut unfair... Then vlad spawned=[.

Really though blitz-morgana combo needs to be banned.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
just had a pretty amazing game...

went shaco second pick. team mate grabs nunu with smite saying he's going to counter jungle warwick, okay...
Last pick was heimerdinger when we didn't have a ranged carry (or a real carry in general)

So Zilean (solo bot), Shaco, Nunu, Rammus (solo top), Heimerdinger (mid)

against

Veigar, Shen, Ashe (mid), Warwick, Kassadin (top)

game starts off with their guys coming into my jungle ruining my regi set up, and luckily I noticed them warding my red. Run off to blue, Nunu starts off in their red jungle. Zilean pulls off first blood by his lonesome extremely quickly, and ww dies shortly after.

Needless to say, ww was level 3 when everyone on our team was 6 or up.
We pretty much had map hacks on with all the wards set up. We bankrupted their ww who bought several oracles. With them constantly needing to run around their jungle trying to stop Nunu, there were a lot of opportunities to push.
Four of us bar heimer were able to move around the map at extremely high speeds, making pretty much any one character being alone extremely likely to get ganked. One gank in particular was a nearly full health kassadin with mostly full mana at level 17, I was able to chase him down continually half way across the map due to zilean's speed up skill.

Our rammus/heimer made several errors and they clawed back though, our nunu didn't pull off one good ult. Kassadin got really fed. Things were looking really bad until their ww after getting madreds (level 12 at this point, haha) tried to do baron with ashe and shen. I had ignite instead of ghost, so I deceived in, ignited ww while juking shen's taunt and ashe's arrow (my banshees didn't get popped until a volley by ashe) which scored us a baron and an inhib.

However, due to pushing/over extending we almost lost it, they were able to push up mid taking middle inhib and both of our nexus towers before I was able to spawn and kill 4 of them (Seriously Shaco + Zilean is like hyper carry) before dropping dead myself; fortunately heimer was alive and was able to rescure some inhibs and bot tower, only getting partially slowed down by their remaining Shen. We somehow won even though they had a 'normally' stronger team comp and we only had myself as AD carry (wiggles > rush banshees > bloodthirster). Fortunately their carries didn't buy armour. But really, the strategies that can be employed with high movement pushing-able characters with a Zilean backbone is crazy, and I would bet it would be pretty viable at a high level.

Either way though, this game was one of those games where you rage at the heavens for there not being a replay feature. The first 10-15 minutes of the game was pretty much a piece of art.

L__

Smash Master
Haha very funny :p

As a result of all our towerdiving, Akali got a 16 minute Rylai's which caused our team to snowball hard into the rest of the game.

:teemo:

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
I get both if the game drags on or if I get fed.

I build RoA/Sorc Shoes or lucidity boots>Will of the Ancients>Deathcap>Shurelia's Reverie>Hourglass

inb4 noob build.

40-45% Spell vamp on Morgana is ridiculous. I've healed through an entire teamfight to full health after a soil/ult combo.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
Hour glass is probably more important. If you get focused after your ult goes off, you don't get the entire effect.
I try to go in after the tank and initial volley of CC goes off. if it's a small skirmish and the carry isn't with us I'll sheild myself and ult.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
oh my

Renek on Twisted Treeline is just amazing

wait what bug?
Lower base stats than intended or something along those lines. A red said that originally in testing his passive was increased armor & mr below 50% health. Apparently they lowered his base stats to accommodate, but never re-visited it after changing it to what it is now.
SOMETHING like that.

jpak

Smash Lord
Going that late in with your Morg ulti probably means you won't get your full ulti off, and definitely not on everyone. Hourglass is essential on Morg . Then deathcap if you have the money.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
so ive been trying a new jungle shaco route since neutrals got buffed

stack all your boxes at lizard, smite blue wraith, kill lizard
gank mid
skip mini golems, run over to wolves, then take blue

keeps you at almost full health if you open cloth and 5 pots but you can take a long sword and health pot and still clear it pretty easily

if you don't leech mid's exp then you wont hit level 3 before you try and take blue though

EDIT: might be able to get to level 3 if i had a single exp quint + masteries but exp quints cost so much >.<

Top Bottom