• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Dekar173

Justice Man
SV gives great CdR as well as boosting his self heal a decent amount.

I'd honestly go for early-mid game builds first on GP due to his trouble beating other carries without outfarming them, and if you have no lane presence and have to sit back you aren't going to be getting your farms up.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Regardless spending 3k gold on WL+SV, is a huge delay to IE, which is the best item in the game for Gangplank. The best item in the game for any carry for that matter. PD costs way too much and should be bought as a luxury item imo. Any build can work but some builds are just more cost effective.

5970g for lack luster items
or
6170g for the two of the absolute best carry items in the game (IE+LW) or 7145g for IE+Black Cleaver.

Just makes more sense.
Please, teach me more about how to play GP. Being one of the two top rated GP players, I have no idea how he works, so thank you for your insight kind sir. Clearly we both must be wrong about PD being Pirate's best item, because IE is undoubtedly better for every character that does physical damage.

While you impart your clearly vast knowledge upon me, could you please enlighten me on how you're able to stay alive as a squishy melee DPS that rushed all damage with no survivability? Can you teach me how to hit max CDR ~15 minutes into the game? Could you possibly spare the time to teach me why the MS boost from PD doesn't help?

Meh, I could go on but suffice to say you clearly haven't thought very long about WHY I get the items I get. Go ahead and rush IE on GP, like every other GP player out there. When you feel like building GP in a way that actually works, I'll help you out then.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
So I taught dan how to jungle udyr tonight. It's a shame that the lag and glitchy client timers don't let you take advantage of his true jungle potential =(

In other news, Stonewall's Malz is a beast lol.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
So I taught dan how to jungle udyr tonight. It's a shame that the lag and glitchy client timers don't let you take advantage of his true jungle potential =(

21/0/9
AD reds and quints
AS blues and yellows

tiger the ever loving **** out of everything. M I DOIN' IT RITE!?!?!?!?

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Oh my god... I take back what I said about Feel a Fear... his build is honestly just a silly, solo-queue lolololol, type of build. All he does is stack massive amounts of crit with no CDR, no HP, no lifesteal, etc. My guess as to his ELO is probably attributable to running crit runes and starting with Brawler's Gloves; chances are you'll crit them once or twice (usually) which will lead you to win the lane. Win your lane with GP and you pretty much just snowball.

Maybe I'm wrong. I'll watch a game of his sometime. If I'm right though, I'm ashamed to have let him overtake me with such a silly build.

S l o X

Smash Champion
In some pub game, I was carrying heavy as Cait and a GP had two Phantom Dancers and he ran ridiculously fast and did stupid damage. So whenever (as Cait) I would be alone, he would run up to me **** me in two seconds and run. (If anyone on my team stunned him, he would just pop his . . . E? and be fine).

It was kind of annoying. :|

Evanms

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure randuins does idk about wither. The active on randuin's doesnt slow his ms but it still drops his attack speed. Same with its passive.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
That sounds so nasty.

On wednesday we were in game with dan and tom doing (failed) jungle buddies. Toms' udyr beat a farmed yi 3 levels above him! Was so dirty, all he had to do was throw tiger on and roll face.
Yesterday as Udyr I soloed a Kat under her turret, with Exhaust on me, taking turret hits the whole time. We both started with full health. Oh and she got off a full ult too.

Dan witnessed it O.o

Then there was one game where it was 4v4 bot while I was taking inhib turret. Got the turret to 2/3 health then their sion ran up to me. I just kept hitting the turret while he got two stuns off on me before I could kill the turret. Finished off the turret then started killing Sion. Then amumu comes in and chain stun me but I still didn't die. Finished up Sion and ghosted out. Was so stupid.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Yesterday as Udyr I soloed a Kat under her turret, with Exhaust on me, taking turret hits the whole time. We both started with full health. Oh and she got off a full ult too.

Dan witnessed it O.o

Then there was one game where it was 4v4 bot while I was taking inhib turret. Got the turret to 2/3 health then their sion ran up to me. I just kept hitting the turret while he got two stuns off on me before I could kill the turret. Finished off the turret then started killing Sion. Then amumu comes in and chain stun me but I still didn't die. Finished up Sion and ghosted out. Was so stupid.
O_O

I gotta learn how to play this guy.

Frolossus

Smash Lord

Dan witnessed it O.o

the first problem is that kat has exhaust x:

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Tomorrow is my 29th birthday. Anyone want to give me some RP as a present so I can get a legendary skin while I'm still young enough to use it? Next year I'm officially old, so who knows how long I have before dementia sets in and I can't remember how to play video games anymore.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Copy legendary skin files into skin folder

Profit

Actually tbh I don't know how that works for Mac.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer

:[
Copy legendary skin files into skin folder

Profit

Actually tbh I don't know how that works for Mac.
It's the same process to insert custom skin on the Mac version. You just gotta navigate different folders to get there.

I can help anyone that wants to do it on the Mac. :o

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Skins that Riot releases: they give you the files in the main download/whenever you patch. All you have to do is find them, and place them in a "duplicate" folder in a different location in the main league folder. What happens is when the game reads what skin you want to use, it reads your "duplicate" folder first before anywhere else.

It's also how custom skins work: place the custon skin files in the duplicate folder and whala! You get Disco Heimerdinger, Toon Link Kennen, etc

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Skins that Riot releases: they give you the files in the main download/whenever you patch. All you have to do is find them, and place them in a "duplicate" folder in a different location in the main league folder. What happens is when the game reads what skin you want to use, it reads your "duplicate" folder first before anywhere else.

It's also how custom skins work: place the custon skin files in the duplicate folder and whala! You get Disco Heimerdinger, Toon Link Kennen, etc
That's so :awesome:

Blade mistress, here I come

Mr.C

Smash Master
Please, teach me more about how to play GP. Being one of the two top rated GP players, I have no idea how he works, so thank you for your insight kind sir. Clearly we both must be wrong about PD being Pirate's best item, because IE is undoubtedly better for every character that does physical damage.

While you impart your clearly vast knowledge upon me, could you please enlighten me on how you're able to stay alive as a squishy melee DPS that rushed all damage with no survivability? Can you teach me how to hit max CDR ~15 minutes into the game? Could you possibly spare the time to teach me why the MS boost from PD doesn't help?
While a little extra life + mr, CDR on GP seem nice, it still isn't better than IE+LW.

I understand that I don't have the ELO in LoL yet to really justify anything I say but I have been playing Dota/HoN for several years. When I actually played HoN seriously I was 1970psr, which is equivalent to 2k+ in LoL. I know how to play the genre, and soon I will play ranked in LoL (after I move), hopefully get past all of the terribads and get to play with the top players. But while we're on the subject, HotshotGG and Locodoco did mention your GP build while streaming one night when Feel No Fear was in there game; they made fun of it and said it was terrible while making fun of Feel No Fears build as well. Maybe their "vast knowledge" has some merit.

If you're talking about Feel no Fear, he is made fun of by almost every single high elo in the game for his ******** build and people generally dislike having him on their team because he is mediocre. It's extremely painful to watch his stream.

Stay alive? Stay alive the same way every other carry does; not suck. Good farm ESPECIALLY with Gangplank you can have your core two items buy 25ish minutes then build a BV.

PD is regarded by 99.9% of people that know what they are talking about to be terrible, and is only put into a build for luxury after core+bv. So I don't know where you're coming from with that one lol. SV is decent, actually on paper it's a good item for Gangplank but it's also good on a lot of champions, but guess what? They still don't get it.

Meh, I could go on but suffice to say you clearly haven't thought very long about WHY I get the items I get. Go ahead and rush IE on GP, like every other GP player out there. When you feel like building GP in a way that actually works, I'll help you out then.
A mediocre build for an mediocre rating. No one said it doesn't work, it's just not as good as other builds which have been theory crafted thousands of times. I mean there are Warmog stacking + Atma Sivirs and Mundos in 1400-1600 that I've seen.

Oh my god... I take back what I said about Feel a Fear... his build is honestly just a silly, solo-queue lolololol, type of build. All he does is stack massive amounts of crit with no CDR, no HP, no lifesteal, etc. My guess as to his ELO is probably attributable to running crit runes and starting with Brawler's Gloves; chances are you'll crit them once or twice (usually) which will lead you to win the lane. Win your lane with GP and you pretty much just snowball.

Maybe I'm wrong. I'll watch a game of his sometime. If I'm right though, I'm ashamed to have let him overtake me with such a silly build.
Yes most people say he was carried extremely bad. I've watched his stream a lot, he knows how to play in certain aspects. He is good at farming, aware of the map for ults, and generally knows what to do in situations, he just has an extremely terrible build, offers very little to team fights and doesn't do anything except farm and throw ults until about 40 minutes and only useful at hitting squishies because he crits for about 300 to anyone with armor.

His current build is crit reds + quints (lol) mana seals + glyphs
Chalice > 3x Rice blades (lol) > crit cape > IE > PD.

Aka he does absolutely no damage to anyone but carries.

There's the "best" Gangplank for you.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
obviously when you do that, only you see your character with the skin, but yea, you can do that. It will break patch installs though iirc.
It only breaks patch installs if you mess with the files that are deep in the heropak client folder. Those are the files the game turns to last when reading for skins, and patching goes over those files, so yeah. You can copy those skin files and place them elsewhere just fine, but doing something like going in deep to the heropak client Heimerdinger files, and swapping the main skin with another one, yeah that kind of stuff will **** with your game.

If you do it the "better" way, patching does not affect it at all because patching doesn't go over the duplicate folder you make.

And yeah, using a different or custom skin means only you will see it, because only you will have that file correspond to that skin slot. The reverse is true: if your opponent plays as regular Kennen, but you added a custom Toon Link Skin, you will see him as TL Kennen while he will have no idea. So technically, if the other person also has that file for that skin selection, then he will see it, but otherwise his side of the client will read whatever is in that slot normally.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
It only breaks patch installs if you mess with the files that are deep in the heropak client folder. Those are the files the game turns to last when reading for skins, and patching goes over those files, so yeah. You can copy those skin files and place them elsewhere just fine, but doing something like going in deep to the heropak client Heimerdinger files, and swapping the main skin with another one, yeah that kind of stuff will **** with your game.

If you do it the "better" way, patching does not affect it at all because patching doesn't go over the duplicate folder you make.

And yeah, using a different or custom skin means only you will see it, because only you will have that file correspond to that skin slot. The reverse is true: if your opponent plays as regular Kennen, but you added a custom Toon Link Skin, you will see him as TL Kennen while he will have no idea. So technically, if the other person also has that file for that skin selection, then he will see it, but otherwise his side of the client will read whatever is in that slot normally.
That's fine with me; although there is the appeal of the "I play this character enough to justify buying a skin" factor, I'd also like some just for my personal enjoyment.

S l o X

Smash Champion
is there a tutorial to renaming the skins or something or do you just throw the files into the characters folder as is?

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I take back what I said. Caitlyn's range IS stupid. All game.

In other news, HOW THE HELL AM I LOSING GAMES WITH SIVIR
I feel like such a bad player right now...every game it feels like I'm not doing enough, what more can I do...

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
everyone is op in smurf games
IMO, not really.
I find in smurf games that you get hit by quite a lot of shock with a majority of characters because you don't have runes/masteries supplementing a lot of your lane phase woes.

Like of course, this is assuming the people you're against don't just instantly tower tower you when you're full health or anything.

The OP characters in smurf games are pretty much ones with stuns and/or stealths (PANTHEON!!!, Eve, Sion, Twitch) and some of the junglers who are not too rune/masteries reliant (WW, Shaco, Olaf to a degree, etc). Oh, manaless champs seem to do well too.

One time I tried smurfing with my best character (Ezreal) and it was pretty meh that you at best get like... one arcane and 2-3 mystic shots on an opponent before you can do nothing else for about 5 minutes unless you b while you regen mana.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
IMO, not really.
I find in smurf games that you get hit by quite a lot of shock with a majority of characters because you don't have runes/masteries supplementing a lot of your lane phase woes.

Like of course, this is assuming the people you're against don't just instantly tower tower you when you're full health or anything.

The OP characters in smurf games are pretty much ones with stuns and/or stealths (PANTHEON!!!, Eve, Sion, Twitch) and some of the junglers who are not too rune/masteries reliant (WW, Shaco, Olaf to a degree, etc). Oh, manaless champs seem to do well too.

One time I tried smurfing with my best character (Ezreal) and it was pretty meh that you at best get like... one arcane and 2-3 mystic shots on an opponent before you can do nothing else for about 5 minutes unless you b while you regen mana.
i suppose that depends on the level you smurf at
for instance jiji has smurfs in the top 15 iirc

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Well, by "smurf games" I'm talking about SMURFING, not having an alternate account that is also at level 30 and has runes and stuff. I'm talking low level nonsense like under level 20 where a lot of players are still figuring out the game.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I feel so bad...I'm 1166 now, 11W 15L...I'm not a bad player and I play well, but I get teamed with so many bad players...why can't I carry a team better? I buy wards, I take teleport when I can, i try to keep every tower pushed and make it to every team fight..why does it all just seem so random

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I feel so bad...I'm 1166 now, 11W 15L...I'm not a bad player and I play well, but I get teamed with so many bad players...why can't I carry a team better? I buy wards, I take teleport when I can, i try to keep every tower pushed and make it to every team fight..why does it all just seem so random
Upload your replays and I'll take a loo-- oh wait. :(

Imo, it's not so much about not being bad than it is about being good enough to carry more games than you don't carry. And as a temporary fix I suppose you could try to learn the champs that make it easier for you to take advantage of everyone's mistakes like Shaco, Pantheon, Nidalee, etc.

Cia

das kwl
Upload your replays and I'll take a loo-- oh wait. :(

Imo, it's not so much about not being bad than it is about being good enough to carry more games than you don't carry. And as a temporary fix I suppose you could try to learn the champs that make it easier for you to take advantage of everyone's mistakes like Shaco, Pantheon, Nidalee, etc.

O_O I picked her up recently because I feel like she takes a ton of skill to play well. Why do think she does so well in solo queue?

Top Bottom