• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

jpak

Smash Lord
I thought its you get vision of the enemy you locked on to as long they are in your radius, but if they leave your radius then it gets cancelled. I understand how the ult gives vision but its only if the vision is lost, ie your teammates aren't close enough. I thought this happend to me a few times.

I think triforce is really good on her too give it a try if oyu don't purchase it already.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
That's where I recognized the name! I was wondering why it seemed familiar. Our team got stomped that game, lol. People kept letting him snipe them from the jungle :\

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Fun times this morning...

Played a game with Croc. He feels pretty fun but I can tell he was WAY more fun when Pendragon was playing him. His combo makes him a good harasser/farmer/pusher in lane, but he's just not explosive enough to be scary for the full game. Also, Dan was right about the lag on the back end of his moves. He's got these long animations that keep you from bursting as fast as you want to. Sometimes I'd be trying to hit my next skill and he'd be standing there finishing the last one, so I missed the flow of the combo. Myeh. I'll play him some more, but he probably won't go into the more regular rotation later.

After I played a super ridiculous game that is more evidence of how terrible this game is without a full team of friends. Dastrn and I played Jungle Shen and Corki respectively. Our Kennen started the game by going to sit at his tower and when I suggested he guard the entrance to the jungle he said, accurate quote here:

"You not be tell me how to play THIS GAME!"

He then pushed his lane hard all game, gave up first blood and burned his ult repeatedly trying to kill their Rammus when he was solo but retreating back to tower... so it was rarely up for team fights. He also ran in solo against their whole team at dragon and when I said "WHY?" in chat, he said "they were getting dragon. I had to try to stop them, n00b shen." Then our Croc LITERALLY never showed up for a team fight. He just pushed lanes, farmed and took all the buffs, then ran around solo trying to take down towers and getting himself ganked. He never said a single word the entire game.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
LoL's general community sucks so hard. Reading the whole Psyonic Hero incident just makes me furious about how much bloodlust they had over a single poor choice from a kid fresh out of college at his first job. It's just the latest of many incidents that makes me feel really good about no longer posting on the official forums.

Frolossus

Smash Lord

Played a game with Croc. He feels pretty fun but I can tell he was WAY more fun when Pendragon was playing him. His combo makes him a good harasser/farmer/pusher in lane, but he's just not explosive enough to be scary for the full game. Also, Dan was right about the lag on the back end of his moves. He's got these long animations that keep you from bursting as fast as you want to. Sometimes I'd be trying to hit my next skill and he'd be standing there finishing the last one, so I missed the flow of the combo. Myeh. I'll play him some more, but he probably won't go into the more regular rotation later.

After I played a super ridiculous game that is more evidence of how terrible this game is without a full team of friends. Dastrn and I played Jungle Shen and Corki respectively. Our Kennen started the game by going to sit at his tower and when I suggested he guard the entrance to the jungle he said, accurate quote here:

He then pushed his lane hard all game, gave up first blood and burned his ult repeatedly trying to kill their Rammus when he was solo but retreating back to tower... so it was rarely up for team fights. He also ran in solo against their whole team at dragon and when I said "WHY?" in chat, he said "they were getting dragon. I had to try to stop them, n00b shen." Then our Croc LITERALLY never showed up for a team fight. He just pushed lanes, farmed and took all the buffs, then ran around solo trying to take down towers and getting himself ganked. He never said a single word the entire game.
dunno why you are trying to compare solo queue and premades, they are entirely different to the point you can almost say they are different games and as a result they require a different mindset and a different playstyle

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
LoL's general community sucks so hard. Reading the whole Psyonic Hero incident just makes me furious about how much bloodlust they had over a single poor choice from a kid fresh out of college at his first job. It's just the latest of many incidents that makes me feel really good about no longer posting on the official forums.
What exactly happened there? I only caught the Pendragon post saying he had been fired, not the actual story of what the kid did. Care to share?

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
I would like to know the psyonic story, either via a LoL forum link or someone knowledgeable about it. TreeEskimo mentioned it in a livestream and I have been wondering about it.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Nevermind. Googled it. He acted like a douche in a game and even though the kid he was fighting with was acting like one too, he abused his admin powers by banning the kid. Customer support has to have the highest standards of behavior when playing their own game, especially under their own names. It's a bummer, but I can see why Riot axed him. Maybe I would have given the kid a break, banned him from playing on the live servers and demoted him or something... but I can see why they made that call.

BunBun

Smash Master
He told some kid he was bad for picking Ezrael and not being good.
Then they exchanged words.
Then he flaunted his power and told the kid he was banned.
Then he actually banned the kid for "intentional feeding" when none of that took place, for a month.
Said some racist comments.
Had some bad language.
Denied it all and deleted the streamed video.
Another user had the video saved in his cache and took screenshots.
Dude got fired.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Past few posts are telling us you are slightly misinformed.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Well, I'll share what I know, but there are some blanks in the story.

PsyonicHero is Psyonic_Reaver on team liquid. He was a nice guy, helped people out with streaming a bunch and was fairly active in the TL LoL community. Roughly 2-3 weeks ago, he started a Customer Service internship at Riot.

Over the last weekend he was streaming games and had a game where he had first pick and was asked by his team to pick Shen. He did and expected a switch, but no one wanted to actually play shen or jungle, so he got stuck playing jungle shen. After a rough early game which got him flamed by his teammates, Psy was pushing top while the others were getting ready to engage 4v5 by dragon. Psy typed to them that his ult was down and that they shouldn't engage, but they did anyway and after getting rocked, the Ezreal flamed him and Psy flamed back pretty relentlessly. After the game, Psy banned him for 1 month, which he later decided was an overreaction and reverted the ban to either 2 or 3 days (can't remember).

Following this, the banee made a thread on the LoL forums with SSs which drew a massive amount of community ire. This later got escalated when IGN did an article on this incident and included talk about how Riot was hypocritical for doing the Tribunal System and having an Employee acting that way. I don't know how, but somehow Psyonic's real identity also got leaked and his facebook page was apparently bombarded with hate.

Now, I'm not going to say he acted in an appropriate way... Psyonic ****ed up pretty hard. His friend in the game somehow had the Deathknight Garen skin before it had been released, he wasn't supposed to have banning privileges, and he certainly shouldn't have used racial slurs as an employee of the company who made the game. But this is still a kid fresh out of college in his first job at a relaxed company that's known for trolling its playerbase and it's an isolated crime of passion. He should've been disciplined, but not fired but most measures, it's just Riot's hand was forced by the community's reaction to screenshots which were skewed against Psy (again, not saying he's in the right, but looking at the thread and the IGN article, you'd think that Ez wasn't saying anything to provoke this, whereas the reality is that it was a pretty standard flamewar where one party happened to have banning powers).

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/5...y-Example-Following-LoL-Tribunal-Announcement
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=451882
Psyonic's Story is here: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=451882&page=5

BunBun

Smash Master
The dude wouldn't have been fired if it weren't for the fact that he was seen doing it by like 2000 people, and then IGN caught wind.

PR is everything in that business.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Forum communities that are large tend to be impulsive and vindictive... it's like the status quo of the internet. When you are an employee at any company, especially one that involves the internet, you should know better than to do absolutely anything that could be misconstrued or used against you.

The most vocal people usually tend to be the most ignorant and biased, no matter where it happens.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Did he present screenshots against the Ez player to prove the guy deserved a ban?

Him banning the guy immediately afterward (ESPECIALLY without consulting anyone else who would've, you know, stopped him,) using racial slurs, and being all-around bad at the game he's representing don't help his case.

I completely stand by what Riot did, seeing as the community pays their salaries, and doesn't want a banhappy bigot being capable of banning any one of them.

Farce is difficult to detect so here's a tl;dr

He isn't a bigot, I know this from playing with him a lot when I was starting up in my 30's, but how will the community view him after seeing his flamewar with the bad player in solo queue?

This may be his first time abusing his power, but how will the community see it when the only time they've even really heard about him being a Riot intern, they saw he was abusing his power?

He did something wrong, and got punished. RL, get over it.

BunBun

Smash Master
The worst thing is that he deleted the video which could have supported his story.

They said it's because their servers can't handle avatars. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

jpak

Smash Lord
also to add in, the reason psyonic banned him on their ban manager client was for intentionally feeding even though xiip (the ez player) had a good carry score and psyonic was 1-10 or something near there

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Did he present screenshots against the Ez player to prove the guy deserved a ban?

Him banning the guy immediately afterward (ESPECIALLY without consulting anyone else who would've, you know, stopped him,) using racial slurs, and being all-around bad at the game he's representing don't help his case.

I completely stand by what Riot did, seeing as the community pays their salaries, and doesn't want a banhappy bigot being capable of banning any one of them.

He isn't a bigot, I know this from playing with him a lot when I was starting up in my 30's, but how will the community view him after seeing his flamewar with the bad player in solo queue?

This may be his first time abusing his power, but how will the community see it when the only time they've even really heard about him being a Riot intern, they saw he was abusing his power?

my point has always been that punishment exceeded the crime and that's it.

the guy is now mia through all known means of contacting him via the internet. he hasn't posted on forums, he deleted his facebook and hasn't been on skype. I'm legitimately worried that this guy's dreams have been shattered by 1 bad night where he made a couple bad decisions that didn't actually have any permanent consequences.

I'm just dropping it because I understand that my feelings on this are completely lost on you guys, but suffice to say that I wish LoL's general community could grow the **** up.

also to add in, the reason psyonic banned him on their ban manager client was for intentionally feeding even though xiip (the ez player) had a good carry score and psyonic was 1-10 or something near there
I still don't know why he put that reason when it was clearly about either flaming or intentionally not joining teamfights after the disastrous 4v5.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
From a crime and punishment standpoint, yes, this was quite severe for a minor, and to be quite honest, commonly seen altercation in internet gaming.

From a company and PR standpoint it was justified, though.

john!

Smash Hero

Good thing SWF doesn't have any community moderators who troll and insult others.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Whoever it is on Riot staff that likes to talk about anti-fun needs to get the memo about chain stuns.

Played against a WW, Taric, Sion, Renekton, and Heimerdinger. Dumbest thing ever. Definitely needs some sort of diminishing returns if hard stuns are cast successively on the same character.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
you will not do more damage on decieve with crit damage unless the passive from inf edge does not count as crit damage then it will not apply to deceive
Shaco is my main.
I've been in threads with many reds about shaco.

I only had guinsoo confirm that shaco's deceive works with infinity edge about 3 weeks ago.

I've done so many different builds with the guy that I know that when I have an infinity edge and use deceive that there is a large damage escalation.

Try it out yourself if you don't believe me.

Deceive with infinity edge goes something like this:
AD + (AD * 1.20 [deceive]) + (AD * .5 [infinity edge]) + ...
its not AD * 2.20 * 1.5 * ...

But it's pretty easy to test yourself. Just have a rune page with all crit damage, go into a practice game and see the extra damage. They don't multiply with each other, but crit damage is still given.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
Shaco is my main.

I only had guinsoo confirm that shaco's deceive works with infinity edge about 3 weeks ago.

I've done so many different builds with the guy that I know that when I have an infinity edge and use deceive that there is a large damage escalation.

so you are saying that inf edge works differently from crit damagae runes?

-Vocal-

Smash Hero

Funny, that sounds like my Croc I had this morning, except put him in the jungle and make him die to mini-golems. Heck, for that matter add in the WW that died to blue. And the Fiddlesticks. I'm so sick of the jungler getting humiliated in every game since the last patch :c
I still don't understand why we cant use ingame champs as our avatars for the LoL forums.
Cuz Riot likes to feel special
Shaco is my main.

But it's pretty easy to test yourself. Just have a rune page with all crit damage, go into a practice game and see the extra damage. They don't multiply with each other, but crit damage is still given.
What build do you run on him right now? I haven't played Shaco in a little while and I'm wondering the best way to build him this patch; is it still Wriggles > Bloodrazor > Defense Items/Attack Speed?

Btw, anyone wanna queue tonight around 11:30ish? Started ranked and I do a good job but still get matched up with some people that do terribad jobs; it'd be nice to have one other person I can count on :)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
so you are saying that inf edge works differently from crit damagae runes?
I run a full rune page of crit damage runes for the lulz from time to time.
I'm aware of the mass confusion a majority of people have, I have to fight to inform people on a regular basis.

Anyway you should know by now Shaco gets changed every patch without any notification. I started playing him after the crit damage rune nerfs though, so I'm not sure if they just 100% stopped working then suddenly worked again or what.

What build do you run on him right now? I haven't played Shaco in a little while and I'm wondering the best way to build him this patch; is it still Wriggles > Bloodrazor > Defense Items/Attack Speed?
I build differently on a game to game basis depending on the situations.
But in general Wiggles -> Bloodrazer > etc still seems to be the popular build. My defensive items are always randuins and banshees.

If Shaco is being relied on as a carry of sorts Wiggles > Bloodthirster > BV while building parts for madreds.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
I run a full rune page of crit damage runes for the lulz from time to time.
I'm aware of the mass confusion a majority of people have, I have to fight to inform people on a regular basis.

Anyway you should know by now Shaco gets changed every patch without any notification. I started playing him after the crit damage rune nerfs though, so I'm not sure if they just 100% stopped working then suddenly worked again or what.
honestly i haven't noticed any major unlisted changes since the jitb AI bugged out
maybe i just dont pay enough attention

Frolossus

Smash Lord
Hallucinate no longer removes tower aggro from shaco.
Clone no longer deals critical strikes
clone no longer deals backstab damage
etc etc
wait what?
so thats why BDing is more of a pain

just need to remember to drop a jitb/ward into the tower range before ulting i guess

Evanms

Smash Journeyman
I don't get why everyone is whining about the Caitlyn buff on the league forums. I had to end up miding against her playing Shen because of poor team comp. All I had to do was focus feint. Maybe this caitlyn was just bad? Or maybe the counter is just a tank with some lane staying power?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I just think riot making a 650 ranged character is obnoxious and will never be balanced fairly.

Humongous power creep right there, instantly.

also

wait what?
so thats why BDing is more of a pain

just need to remember to drop a jitb/ward into the tower range before ulting i guess
Just hallucinate outside tower range and walk it into it's range first (the clone).

The shadow nerf is most infuriating due to losing the ability to tower dive.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I don't get why everyone is whining about the Caitlyn buff on the league forums. I had to end up miding against her playing Shen because of poor team comp. All I had to do was focus feint. Maybe this caitlyn was just bad? Or maybe the counter is just a tank with some lane staying power?
People are whining about CAITLYN?

:awesome:

I needed a laugh. Seriously - survive her early game (counterpick Teleport if you think you'll need to b a couple times due to harass) and then eat her alive the rest of the time.

Btw OMG HAI EVAN!! If you're online tonight around 11:30 or so, we're definitely ranked queuing <3
I just think riot making a 650 ranged character is obnoxious and will never be balanced fairly.
Tristana? Granted it's small at first, but it gets even wider than that.

Top Bottom