• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

john!

Smash Hero
So I mad the most Troll Annie the other day.

Pretty much went for max attack damage+ speed...not nearly as effective as a regular annie build but surprisingly i was still putting in work...lol

also does tibbers damage scale on his attack?
attack speed zilean throws 2.5 bread crumbs per second and doesn't afraid of anything

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Ren is fun, not entirely sure about viability and builds though. Mostly because I only had time for 2 games and got denied a solo lane both games. The second game an Amumu ran around trolling me because I got Ren when he wanted him apparently. A fact he didn't share until AFTER the game started.

I feel Ren is pretty underwhelming in a duo lane, unlike some other hard-hitting melee champs (*cough*Xin*cough). And unless you max Q first, he feels really squishy.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Without CC mitigation.
Or true damage.
I've been waiting and praying for Shaco nerfs forever, where did it mention the no "true" crit any more? I've obviously missed E not blinding though.

You're bad at every game you play :D
I'm pretty sure people have tested it using jungle minions and whatnot; at least I know that's how they figured out that his clone can't crit

ook

Smash Lord
Man this new heimer can push pretty well.

I was tristana, the other team had heimer, yi, lux, and 2 other people. In 55 minutes, I killed 428 minions holding them off. (not counting jungle creeps) And our malzahar had like 300.
They got all our inhibs and nexus down to half HP, but we eventually aced them a couple times and won :)

jpak

Smash Lord
You guy sare giving reginaid a lot of glory here... He rarely plays Shaco now, and would not play it in a serious game (ie tournament) in the current patch, most of his stats with Shaco are prenerf. His Shaco now is far from what it was before. Shaco being your primary jungler is not a good idea.

Shaco is a solo queue star just like Pantheon

jpak

Smash Lord
press f5 at the busy page and it will refresh, keep refreshing (pressing f5) until it goes online. might take a few tries

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
Awww. Server's down for me. F5 doesn't make it online eventually. I keep getting busy/unavailible. The official forum doesn't load either but the mainpage does.

EDIT: Now I got in.

Zolga Owns

Smash Lord
GOD DAMN SOLO QUEUE.
"WHY DO YOU KEEP DYING RAMMUS!? WHY ARE YOU BUILDING HoG YOU DONT NEED gold!? YOU SHOULD HAVE BANSHEES AS FIRST ITEM!!!!!"
I initiate, taunt Ryze(the only AP user who bot lane fed to hell. Coincidentally a Master Yi did most of the feeding and he was also the one to yell at me the whole match) and no one but our Caitlyn hits him. Instead they focus the ulting Renekton that was BY HIMSELF THROUGH A WALL. They ran around to get him. I wanted to cry.

Oh is the Client being really buggy for anyone else? Champ select is all screwed up for me.

Dekar173

Justice Man
GOD DAMN SOLO QUEUE.
"WHY DO YOU KEEP DYING RAMMUS!? WHY ARE YOU BUILDING HoG YOU DONT NEED gold!? YOU SHOULD HAVE BANSHEES AS FIRST ITEM!!!!!"
I initiate, taunt Ryze(the only AP user who bot lane fed to hell. Coincidentally a Master Yi did most of the feeding and he was also the one to yell at me the whole match) and no one but our Caitlyn hits him. Instead they focus the ulting Renekton that was BY HIMSELF THROUGH A WALL. They ran around to get him. I wanted to cry.

Oh is the Client being really buggy for anyone else? Champ select is all screwed up for me.
Those people were conceived solely for the purpose of trolling you.

Seems like it may still be a bit difficult to get on =O Suck!

Dekar173

Justice Man
25 minutes in

2/2/2

222 last hits

500 damage tower hits every second and a half XD

I think that's what he needed in order to become a viable physical carry/offtank any more.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Q does not give a true crit anymore so no inf edge
You're wrong and you're bad. Maybe you aren't bad. But I'm mad.

Grab an infinity edge and see what happens.
Unless of course, that it was changed in just -this- patch.

Riot does ninja nerfs on the clown at least once every two patches.
Jitbs not properly taking minion aggro? huge nerf
Hallucinate not losing tower aggro? HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE ****ING NERF OMFG.

Let's not get into the clone losing the ability to critical strike out of no where.

Literally the best dps items for Shaco to best use his ultimate are:
Bloodthirster
Madred's Bloodrazer
Ghostblade (active works on clone) (wrecks towers, etc)

Malady is not worth getting, clone doesn't proc it for no reason (I've posted saying it was a bug about 8 times, no reply, ever).
or defensive items randuins and banshee's veil. Clone gets 1 spell shield and also has the 25% chance of slowing his enemies upon getting auto attacked.

Building Crit on shaco isn't worth it because of the clone not dealing crits.

Clone can use life steal so stacking it increases its survivability.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Played some Caitlyn tonight and I think I figured her out. She's like... a weaker version of Sivir sorta. She farms easily with just auto-attacks so there is no need to really spend your mana unless you are getting pushed and don't like it or really WANT to push. Once you farm up some damage items, your Q is going to clear an entire creep wave by itself, so enemy champs have to take tower aggro if they want to end a siege and get the tower. Then you just stay way in the back of the fight and try to time your crap to get kills. Her net really is just a crummy blink, but kinda like Sivir, she has a way to avoid ganks.

But until Sivir's nerfed back down into the garbage bin, I'm not sure I see any reason to play Caitlyn OVER Sivir. Boomerang blade doesn't take a half second to line up, so its easier to hit enemies. Spell Shield is strictly better than traps/net for escaping ganks. Ricochet shot is still way better for team fights than anything Caitlyn is going to put out. So really they play very similar roles, with Sivir being better in almost every way.

However, it IS fun to land your ult on someone for the killing blow. I got a couple of good "FU Caitlyn's" from enemy champs tonight.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
But it's more fun to watch Caitlyns get grabbed by Blitzcranks while using their escape and get pulled back to where they started, imo.

In all honesty though, she isn't as good as Sivir at extreme damage to multiple people, but she can do her damage from a safe distance and has the ability to hit runners, which the former doesn't. Slightly different utilities, though they share the same principal strengths.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Never even occurred to me how much the MR changes would hurt Akali's level 1 jungle <.<
Not even just level 1 =/ My path lately has been wolves -> wraiths -> double golem, B for boots -> Blue -> wolves -> wraiths -> red buff...but now after the red buff I only have about 140 hp, after burning the health potion on blue buff. I mean, I guess its an optimal path for troll feeding their carry both buffs, but...

Guess my Akali is laning from now on....FML

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
are the servers down for everyone else too? i just added in some custom artwork so i wanted to make sure that's not what's giving me problems

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Not even just level 1 =/ My path lately has been wolves -> wraiths -> double golem, B for boots -> Blue -> wolves -> wraiths -> red buff...but now after the red buff I only have about 140 hp, after burning the health potion on blue buff. I mean, I guess its an optimal path for troll feeding their carry both buffs, but...

Guess my Akali is laning from now on....FML
Make sweet love to those side lane bushes.

And yes, servers are down for maintenance because they were buggy after the patch.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I can't wait to play new Heim. I'm so happy to have an ult that isn't soooo lackluster. And it works better with the way I use his ult (others only use it when a turret is about to die, and I don't particularly agree with it 100%.
And as excited as I am for the stockpile system that lets him place 2 turrets at the same time, I'm probably even more excited for the upgraded turret AI that (supposedly) will ACTUALLY SHOOT STUFF.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
But it's more fun to watch Caitlyns get grabbed by Blitzcranks while using their escape and get pulled back to where they started, imo.
Oh man... that was such a bummer. I thought Blitz was going to try the grab when I ran for the first door, so I flashed sideways to try to force him to blow the cooldown and then use her crummy blink to get over the wall. But I flashed too soon and he didn't blow it, so then I HAD to try to blink over the wall with net and I got owned. I should have juked again when I got near the wall but I was such low health that I didn't think it out that far. Really though, I was OK with that death. I wrecked their team on that push with three kills in a row at their Nexus towers and Blitz was the only one up when I died so it was fine. Too bad that newb DanGR got himself killed by Croc or else I might have been safe.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Oh man... that was such a bummer. I thought Blitz was going to try the grab when I ran for the first door, so I flashed sideways to try to force him to blow the cooldown and then use her crummy blink to get over the wall. But I flashed too soon and he didn't blow it, so then I HAD to try to blink over the wall with net and I got owned. I should have juked again when I got near the wall but I was such low health that I didn't think it out that far. Really though, I was OK with that death. I wrecked their team on that push with three kills in a row at their Nexus towers and Blitz was the only one up when I died so it was fine. Too bad that newb DanGR got himself killed by Croc or else I might have been safe.
You call Dan a noob as if it isn't assumed.

Jk Dan is part of the reason I stopped sucking a while ago <3

Frolossus

Smash Lord
You're wrong and you're bad. Maybe you aren't bad. But I'm mad.

Grab an infinity edge and see what happens.
Unless of course, that it was changed in just -this- patch.

Riot does ninja nerfs on the clown at least once every two patches.
Jitbs not properly taking minion aggro? huge nerf
Hallucinate not losing tower aggro? HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE ****ING NERF OMFG.

Let's not get into the clone losing the ability to critical strike out of no where.

Literally the best dps items for Shaco to best use his ultimate are:
Bloodthirster
Madred's Bloodrazer
Ghostblade (active works on clone) (wrecks towers, etc)

Malady is not worth getting, clone doesn't proc it for no reason (I've posted saying it was a bug about 8 times, no reply, ever).
or defensive items randuins and banshee's veil. Clone gets 1 spell shield and also has the 25% chance of slowing his enemies upon getting auto attacked.

Building Crit on shaco isn't worth it because of the clone not dealing crits.

Clone can use life steal so stacking it increases its survivability.
you will not do more damage on decieve with crit damage unless the passive from inf edge does not count as crit damage then it will not apply to deceive

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
You guys would. :[

Actually think I did pretty well with Nid last night aside from a few dumb mistakes. <_< As far as mechanics goes, I've been practicing my jumps at the blue camp wall closest to mid, recently, and managed to get it 3-for-3 in that area last night. ^^

jpak

Smash Lord
@Odincore,

I think Sivir is a lot easier to play than Caitlyn. Sivir is jsut straight auto attack while Caitlyn can chain in lots of moves at the same time, Q -> slow -> plant trap -> Q -> Ult. only thing they should change is that if the champions walks out of her ult range while locked on, it should not reset the cooldown, or make it so that someone can't block her ult. Q is great for harass, and may be lower her passive hit amounts since that kind of makes her best for top lane, but if you're top lane you have no way to get neat escapes with your E. I play a lot of Ezreal so may be thats why I like her with the similar Qs.

@Sethlon,

Solo akali is super good anyways :)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
@Odincore,

I think Sivir is a lot easier to play than Caitlyn. Sivir is jsut straight auto attack while Caitlyn can chain in lots of moves at the same time, Q -> slow -> plant trap -> Q -> Ult. only thing they should change is that if the champions walks out of her ult range while locked on, it should not reset the cooldown, or make it so that someone can't block her ult. Q is great for harass, and may be lower her passive hit amounts since that kind of makes her best for top lane, but if you're top lane you have no way to get neat escapes with your E. I play a lot of Ezreal so may be thats why I like her with the similar Qs.

@Sethlon,

Solo akali is super good anyways :)
They can't walk out of her ult range anymore. It gives sight of the enemy until the shot is fired.

Top Bottom