• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

jpak

Smash Lord
Annie has 625 range, trist starts at like 550 and takes till level 12 to reach 650.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
We just played a ranked 5 where all 5 of them disconnected at 25min and we pushed to win. LMAO

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP

People are whining about CAITLYN?

:awesome:

I needed a laugh. Seriously - survive her early game (counterpick Teleport if you think you'll need to b a couple times due to harass) and then eat her alive the rest of the time.

Btw OMG HAI EVAN!! If you're online tonight around 11:30 or so, we're definitely ranked queuing <3

Tristana? Granted it's small at first, but it gets even wider than that.
long range is counterable in team fights.
Annie has the worst dps stats in the game and doesn't scale with AD in any way shape or form.

I was specifically referring to 650 range during the laning phase as a "permanent stat" on a dps character.

Kogmaw gets brief spurts of huge range, tristana gets that range at around mid-game.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
While that range is long, it's not much different than a target spell. I'd be willing to trade a Vlad Q, Sion Q, Malphite Q, etc with her anyday. If target spells were a noticeably shorter range, I'd be inclined to say yes that kind of AA range would be incredibly strong. That, or if she was bulky DPS like another Gragas/Malphite who shrugged off harassment, then yeah it would look dumb. But a squishy ranged carry having 650 range isn't that bad for the game compared to other things that already exist.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
She's just scary for the first 2-3 levels and then she tapers off hard. As long as you play carefully and keep moving so you don't get hit by her Q, you are usually in pretty good shape. I think most people just stand still in their lane and get wrecked by her harass or forget that they draw minion aggro if they run into harass her back and get eaten up quickly. She is still pretty weak after that unless she's REALLY fed.

So Virgy coached me a bit and I think I did pretty good with Gangplank tonight. Slightly negative in my first game with him but improved as the game went on. Second game I went even and we won. Third game I went positive even though everyone else was negative and we ended up losing. And that game I was 1v2 top lane for the first 20 minutes and never gave up a death. He's got a nifty little toolkit, although my biggest complaint is that I don't feel like I have enough to do during a team fight. Lay down my ult, pop ghostblade and then spam Q until the fight is over or I get CC'd and have to eat some fruit to escape. I wish he had one more combat-oriented skill.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I went 17/2/6 with Udyr, so happy. So good. So strong. I gank top, kill, get 7min turret. Gank mid, kill, 10min mid. So stupid. 22min Tri force. 1v5-ed their team 2 at a time, they can't run from red stun bear lol.

Evanms

Smash Journeyman
I just think riot making a 650 ranged character is obnoxious and will never be balanced fairly.

Humongous power creep right there, instantly.
Her range is what makes it hard to play against her. Last night i was in game with 3DM and friends, poor Odin got stuck top lane against Caitlyn AND Trist. That was a superior lane comp imo because of that ridiculous range on both of them. When i play a 2v1 as shen i usually rely on my taunt to keep them off my tower...but with Caitlyns range as long as she takes like 1 step back she wont take turret agro when i taunt her. =[

Vox your not giving her enough credit imo. She scales better now but i do agree that her late game preformance depends entirely on her first 10 minuets of farm and if she can get her lane opponent to back.

I also had a question...Do you think suppression is kind of op?? In my opinion you should be able to cleanse out of a malz ult.

Oh and lets rank tonightttt, vox.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
buy qss to counter "suppression".

If you were around when malz/wws ults could be cleansed they were pretty terrible characters.

Well, except of the case of Malz, who you could cancel his ult and your opponent would remain in the 2.5 second stun.
They got rid of that as a "bug fix" though. Pretty lame.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Yeah, being able to pack Cleanse used to completely destroy them, because they would be useless even at level 6. At least they have time to use their ults for good measure until people can afford a QSS now.

Mr.C

Smash Master
Does anyone know if CleverAdvisor is Clever from texas that use to play Samus?

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I went 17/2/6 with Udyr, so happy. So good. So strong. I gank top, kill, get 7min turret. Gank mid, kill, 10min mid. So stupid. 22min Tri force. 1v5-ed their team 2 at a time, they can't run from red stun bear lol.
Teach me how to play Udyr :o

No srsly. He's the next champ I plan on learning; I would've gotten him yesterday if I didn't feel the need to get Panth so I can pick him for teammates in ranked. Rune setup? Masteries? Jungle path and techniques? Team fighting?
Vox your not giving her enough credit imo. She scales better now but i do agree that her late game preformance depends entirely on her first 10 minuets of farm and if she can get her lane opponent to back.

I also had a question...Do you think suppression is kind of op?? In my opinion you should be able to cleanse out of a malz ult.

Oh and lets rank tonightttt, vox.
The thing is, I think she would be decent if there weren't so many better options. Anytime someone chooses Caitlyn, I would much rather have an Ashe (extreme utility), Tristana (longer range AND attack speed steroid), or Sivir (Goddess Sluut of Farm, and max AoE damage in team fights) on my team, and arguably Miss Fortune or Kog as well. If Cait gets matched against one of those (imo) superior carries, she's going to need a good team in order to be effective enough to overcome that barrier

And yes we need to ranked :) I don't get home from rehearsal til like 11:30 though, be online!!

As for suppression, just buy a qui- oh wait
buy qss to counter "suppression".
Beat me to it

Evanms

Smash Journeyman
For sure other people do the job of range carry better. I agree that she is by no means top tier. Everyone is just whining on forums about her 1v1 capabilities.

And yea good point on the qss, and on how cleanse would be op. Only reason I brought it up is because when I play nidalee 50% of the time I die it's to malz or ww, with cleanse and nidalee's epic kiting they are the only 2 that can shut you down.

You should start playing shen vox; screw Udyr...even though he's so broken.

I still need ur advice on jungle mummy runes...

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
@Vocal, what runes do you have to work with?

Here is what I've been working with atm

Skill Order: QWQE -> Q -> W -> E -> R
Masteries: 0/21/9 (Strength of Spirit max, 3 in +health, 1 in harden skin, 1 in nimbleness)
Items: Cloth + 4-5 Pots, Boots, Wriggles, CDR Boots/Merc Treads, Tri Force (Zeal -> Phage -> Sheen), Defensive Item
Jungle Order: Blue through Double Golem. Manage HP with Turtle to stay above half, no need to go fast.
Runes: AS quints, AS blues, dodge / flat armor yellows / AS, ATK dmg reds (for tiger)

Alternate Jungle Order: buy cloth armor 2 pots, Wolves Wraiths Double, back get boots and pots, then blue through double golem. This path is just as effective and a little safer.

I'm trying to work in Long Sword as a starting item. Tiger is better than Phoenix for ganking. Run at them, stun, switch to Tiger for poison. So much damage. Starting Tiger allows you to immediately take turret after a successful gank.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Does anyone know if CleverAdvisor is Clever from texas that use to play Samus?
He is not. CleverAdvisor is a smurf for one of CLG's team members (I want to say HotShotGG, but I'm not sure).

Is Clever still alive out there???

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
For sure other people do the job of range carry better. I agree that she is by no means top tier. Everyone is just whining on forums about her 1v1 capabilities.

And yea good point on the qss, and on how cleanse would be op. Only reason I brought it up is because when I play nidalee 50% of the time I die it's to malz or ww, with cleanse and nidalee's epic kiting they are the only 2 that can shut you down.

You should start playing shen vox; screw Udyr...even though he's so broken.

I still need ur advice on jungle mummy runes...
Well then yea, she really does suck to lane against solo; fighting her as Sivir I was forced to go back everytime my Teleport was up and use numerous HP Pots in between.

Btw, my Ashe could totally shut you down :>
(As long as someone else takes your Cleanse first)

And you're right, actually; I need another tank for ranked more than I need a jungler. I just gotta learn to not be terrible with him xD Next time we're on we should lane together in a normals so I can see how you operate
@Vocal, what runes do you have to work with?

Here is what I've been working with atm

Skill Order: QWQE -> Q -> W -> E -> R
Masteries: 0/21/9 (Strength of Spirit max, 3 in +health, 1 in harden skin, 1 in nimbleness)
Items: Cloth + 4-5 Pots, Boots, Wriggles, CDR Boots/Merc Treads, Tri Force (Zeal -> Phage -> Sheen), Defensive Item
Jungle Order: Blue through Double Golem. Manage HP with Turtle to stay above half, no need to go fast.
Runes: AS quints, AS blues, dodge / flat armor yellows / AS, ATK dmg reds (for tiger)

Alternate Jungle Order: buy cloth armor 2 pots, Wolves Wraiths Double, back get boots and pots, then blue through double golem. This path is just as effective and a little safer.

I'm trying to work in Long Sword as a starting item. Tiger is better than Phoenix for ganking. Run at them, stun, switch to Tiger for poison. So much damage. Starting Tiger allows you to immediately take turret after a successful gank.
For runes, I have all of those except 2 atk spd quints and the atk dmg reds. Thanks for the tips :)

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
So Virgy coached me a bit and I think I did pretty good with Gangplank tonight. Slightly negative in my first game with him but improved as the game went on. Second game I went even and we won. Third game I went positive even though everyone else was negative and we ended up losing. And that game I was 1v2 top lane for the first 20 minutes and never gave up a death. He's got a nifty little toolkit, although my biggest complaint is that I don't feel like I have enough to do during a team fight. Lay down my ult, pop ghostblade and then spam Q until the fight is over or I get CC'd and have to eat some fruit to escape. I wish he had one more combat-oriented skill.
Your problem was Ghostblade, it makes you dedicate to the fight and limits your freedom of movement since its active is so short. I'm not saying its a bad item for GP, I'm just saying that it works better for certain playstyles over others.

But I vastly prefer PD as a staple GP item (and apparently Feel a Fear agrees with me). The constant +MS in addition to being the only item in the game that gives both AS and Crit chance is just delicious. Remember, you should be floating like a butterfly and stinging like a bee. If you're not doing that then I can guarantee that you won't enjoy GP for very long.

jpak

Smash Lord
CleverAdvisor is not a smurf of one CLG's members. CleverAdvisor is CleverAdvisor, he is an original CLG member.

They are going to make Shaco a laner soon :o

Turazrok

Smash Master
I will rage so much if they make shaco a laner.

melee dps does not make a good laner.

Xin is the exception.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Apparently that 5 man disconnect thing that happened in our favor for our ranked game yesterday is a bug that's going around at the moment and they don't know what triggers it.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Your problem was Ghostblade, it makes you dedicate to the fight and limits your freedom of movement since its active is so short. I'm not saying its a bad item for GP, I'm just saying that it works better for certain playstyles over others.

But I vastly prefer PD as a staple GP item (and apparently Feel a Fear agrees with me). The constant +MS in addition to being the only item in the game that gives both AS and Crit chance is just delicious. Remember, you should be floating like a butterfly and stinging like a bee. If you're not doing that then I can guarantee that you won't enjoy GP for very long.
Ghostblade is what Virg recommended as my second core item after Wriggles, but I can definitely try Phantom Dancer instead. I actually considered it last night in the games we were playing, but I felt like after GB I should go tank items so I could stay up longer in fights and put out some sweet deeps. I went WL, CDR Boots, GB, HoG, then Banshees and then finished Omen. It wasn't a bad build but I think I agree with you that PD would be a better choice for stinging like a bee.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Ghostblade is what Virg recommended as my second core item after Wriggles, but I can definitely try Phantom Dancer instead. I actually considered it last night in the games we were playing, but I felt like after GB I should go tank items so I could stay up longer in fights and put out some sweet deeps. I went WL, CDR Boots, GB, HoG, then Banshees and then finished Omen. It wasn't a bad build but I think I agree with you that PD would be a better choice for stinging like a bee.
Keep in mind that you should ideally shoot for nearly max CDR for tons of Q/W/R. And the MS on PD makes you much more mobile, allowing you to kite in fights more (thus making tank items less necessary).

I tend to rush WL, then CDR boots -> Spirit Visage -> PD. Reasoning behind SV is that it makes your W heal for ~430 and can put you near max CDR with runes/masteres hilariously early in the game, After PD I'm not 100% sure on the build. I have success with LW after that point, but maybe an IE could fit better, or perhaps something else entirely,

Oddly enough, I people stopped calling me out on getting Wriggles but instead started calling me out for SV. And when I say "calling out" I mean they make fun of their teammates in allchat for losing their lane against a pirate with SV :X

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Apparently that 5 man disconnect thing that happened in our favor for our ranked game yesterday is a bug that's going around at the moment and they don't know what triggers it.
Good thing we rushed the Nexus then before they could reconnect! This seems like a really, really weird bug. It's like there is some kind of error or loop in the code that manages that particular team, rather than the entire game, entire server or individual players. Regardless, I'm glad it went in our favor last night!

Keep in mind that you should ideally shoot for nearly max CDR for tons of Q/W/R. And the MS on PD makes you much more mobile, allowing you to kite in fights more (thus making tank items less necessary).

I tend to rush WL, then CDR boots -> Spirit Visage -> PD. Reasoning behind SV is that it makes your W heal for ~430 and can put you near max CDR with runes/masteres hilariously early in the game, After PD I'm not 100% sure on the build. I have success with LW after that point, but maybe an IE could fit better, or perhaps something else entirely,

Oddly enough, I people stopped calling me out on getting Wriggles but instead started calling me out for SV. And when I say "calling out" I mean they make fun of their teammates in allchat for losing their lane against a pirate with SV :X

I'll give this one a try, although it makes me nervous to play Pirate with a Banshees. Last night I quite literally experienced the old "Pirate = AoE taunt" moment against a team full of disables. They chased me away from their inhib tower back up to our first row middle tower and KEPT CHASING me. Their entire team dove me between the two middle lane towers as if they could win if they could only stop me! Fortunately I had BV, so the first stun hit that, the second one I removed and then they got a third one on me between the two towers and my remove scurvy was back up. Four of them died trying to get to me, but without BV I probably would have died instead. If teams are going to pile up on me like that, having the veil is pretty amazing.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/news/league-legends-presents-co-op-vs-ai
this looks nice and all but where is obs/replays/magma chamber
Pssshhhh... this is weaksauce. I'd rather they have spent all that time getting the tutorial map incorporated into practice games for ARAM and 1v1/2v2 games. I can see where they are going with this, but its a weak first step in that direction.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I want to play with you guys.

Zac, DMG, and Sethlon are the only ones I've ever played with and that's only a very few games with each.

Btw, DMG, you should have stayed one more game the other night. DPhat went Shen and I went Nunu... we each had 10 kills and 8-10 assists. He never died, I died once, and the only non-tank item we had between us was my sorc shoes. Baddies, I tell ya. Free game.

Mr.C

Smash Master
latern > sv > pd on gangplank? lol. what? do you hit for like 200?

ie > bv

Mr.C

Smash Master
He is not. CleverAdvisor is a smurf for one of CLG's team members (I want to say HotShotGG, but I'm not sure).

Is Clever still alive out there???
Clever is not HotshotGG, he is just a dude named Clever, HotshotGG's main smurf is Kakasoul. I actually think CleverAdvisor is Clever from the ole tx times, I found out he has a shoryuken profile, his name is Carlos and he lives in Texas. I seen his face on stream and was like...I've seen this man before...lol. I messaged him but he hasn't gotten back to me yet.

Mr.C

Smash Master
Someone doesn't know GP's Q does 200 on its own :O
Regardless spending 3k gold on WL+SV, is a huge delay to IE, which is the best item in the game for Gangplank. The best item in the game for any carry for that matter. PD costs way too much and should be bought as a luxury item imo. Any build can work but some builds are just more cost effective.

5970g for lack luster items
or
6170g for the two of the absolute best carry items in the game (IE+LW) or 7145g for IE+Black Cleaver.

Just makes more sense.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Lantern makes you pretty much unstoppable in lane. Spirit Visage I don't agree with too much, seeing as Lantern itself makes you farm faster and outlane most heroes on it's own.

Greaves, Lantern, IE. Whatever else.

Top Bottom