• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Well See I don't have a "Set" build I always go for but I usually build blood thirsters 3rd -4th item

I'm probably going to start building 2 of them now that I figured out they stack.

I didn't get them before because I was trying to get more attack speed.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
Well See I don't have a "Set" build I always go for but I usually build blood thirsters 3rd -4th item

I'm probably going to start building 2 of them now that I figured out they stack.

I didn't get them before because I was trying to get more attack speed.
why is a kat getting attack speed?
she is a caster not a melee dps

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
IDK like...I Really can't explain why I've been playing the way I've been playing.

I'm completely sure you are probably like 40x better than me with KAT but I haven't seen a KAT thats actually "Good" since I've been playing (And I usually play with my level 30 friends) but Pretty much I've been playing a weaker version of master yi with the ability to turn tides in team fights with shunpo -> ult

and also chase people down (Which is why I attack speed up) the way YI chases people down.

like I said I'm still learning the game but it seems like this AD + AS -> hybrid Kat is working out for me for the time being.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
well everytime I have ever built AP kat like...I get *****

so then one game my friend was playing YI and i said "every item you get I'm getting"

I ***** that game...We tanked towers and then did A base Dive (pass the base tower) and killed 3 of the people in there and made it out alive....**** was hilarious

and ever since then I have just been playing AD Kat

don't her Abilities scale off AD also anyway?

I usually go for gunblade when I start going hybrid but My Attack is usually way higher than my AP (by atleast 100)
I put rylai on annie so that tibbers gets more free hits because of the slowing effect.

Full annie build
-rylais - 4
-Deathcap -5
-Rod of ages -2
-sorc boots-1
- Void staff -3

The numbers are the order I usually get them.
uhg, you can't do much worse than copying a Yi build with Kat... You're a mage who scales off of Magic Pen, AD and AP, he's a DPS who scales best off of Armor Pen, AS and Crit. I'm guessing you guys are still learning the game and that's fine, but I'm just telling you that those 2 characters should have pretty much no overlap between their builds.

As for Annie... Annie builds really need to be focused on early dominance, namely, they need to focus on flat magic penetration. A standard high elo Annie build would be something like
d-ring
sorc shoes
haunting guise
deathcap
*pump blue elixirs from here on out*
void staff or abyssal scepter, depending on how much MR they've bought.

absolutely not, by going hybrid your shunpo and BB do less for a bit more ult damage, the ult damage is only decent from hextech gunblades, but AP + deathcap gives you reasonable damage and a shunpo that doesn't suck

her Q and ult scale off of AD but you want BFs or Bloodthirsters not bloodrazors and rageblade
ok, so I decided to mathcraft this out of curiosity.

with a rylais and a deathcap you're looking at:
BB Bonus Damage = 106.93 (AP)
Shunpo Bonus Damage = 229.13 (AP)
DL Bonus Damage = 91.65 (AP)

with a rylais and a Gunblade you're looking at:
BB Bonus Damage = 48 (AD) + 54.25 (AP)
Shunpo Bonus Damage = 116.25 (AP)
DL Bonus Damage = 33 (AD) + 46.5 (AP)

hmmm, it turns out everything is stronger off of just a deathcap. looks like you're right, touche.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
man...this game...lol the originality is just not there...I'm definitely going to try that annie build though.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Why build Black Cleaver on Corki over an IE or Bloodthirster after the Manamune? For the AS + AD bonus which the others don't have? Why not get some lifesteal on him to improve his survivability?

Then again... I haven't had full chance to test builds lately because I've been facing a lot of Mordekaisers, so I been prioritizing QSS after the Manamune to make sure they don't get my ghost.

Also extremely sad that Cleanse no longer works on Exhaust -_- Pretty soon it won't work on anything.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Why build Black Cleaver on Corki over an IE or Bloodthirster after the Manamune? For the AS + AD bonus which the others don't have? Why not get some lifesteal on him to improve his survivability?

Then again... I haven't had full chance to test builds lately because I've been facing a lot of Mordekaisers, so I been prioritizing QSS after the Manamune to make sure they don't get my ghost.

Also extremely sad that Cleanse no longer works on Exhaust -_- Pretty soon it won't work on anything.
I do black cleaver to get my AS to where I want it and to abuse low armor targets with Gatling Gun. Lifesteal typically doesn't improve your survivability as much as you'd think with a ranged carry since once you start taking Focused Fire, you're usually dead before you have time for more than a couple of attacks. The reason I hurry on the BC and get my IE later is that I want to have that sweet spot where I am reducing everyone to 0 or negative armor before they have time to start itemizing against my armor shredding. After BC I usually go Banshee's Veil -> IE for whatever that's worth.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
ok, so I decided to mathcraft this out of curiosity.

with a rylais and a deathcap you're looking at:
BB Bonus Damage = 106.93 (AP)
Shunpo Bonus Damage = 229.13 (AP)
DL Bonus Damage = 91.65 (AP)

with a rylais and a Gunblade you're looking at:
BB Bonus Damage = 48 (AD) + 54.25 (AP)
Shunpo Bonus Damage = 116.25 (AP)
DL Bonus Damage = 33 (AD) + 46.5 (AP)
It might be a good idea to keep in mind that Rylias and Gublade don't add just damage; they both offer more survivability and slows on top of their damage. i don't know about you guys, but it always frustrates me when I shunpo -> death lotus and people just lol and walk out of the range.

The numbers are definitely interesting though, didn't think that one deathcap would give that much more damage.

jpak

Smash Lord
Manamune -> Trinity Force -> Thirster/Banshee for Corki. You can skip Manamune depending on how your masteries and runes. Voyboy and jiji get mune, atlanta leaves it out. BC is a possibility if you're doing very well or they are based on armor malphite/rammus, but getting this may set you back and lose out on survivability. Thirster is very easy to farm up on corki and gives a large amount of damage. IE is over kill as Corki isnt someone that constantly autoattacks. Atlanta goes 21/8/1, AD scaling quints and marks, flat armor seals, flat magic resist glyphs. Voyboy goes 9/0/21, armor pen marks and quints, mana regen per level seals, and flat magic resist glyphs.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Well, it's a massive AP item even before its passive... and then with an added third of your ability power.... sheesh. It adds more than a ton.

Man, I can't get over Heimerdinger's turrets not showing cooldown. I think they should make it show on his turrets, Corki's bombs, and Teemo's mushrooms. It feels like it takes a lot longer now and I'm not sure if it's affected by blue buff.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Manamune -> Trinity Force -> Thirster/Banshee for Corki. You can skip Manamune depending on how your masteries and runes. Voyboy and jiji get mune, atlanta leaves it out. BC is a possibility if you're doing very well or they are based on armor malphite/rammus, but getting this may set you back and lose out on survivability. Thirster is very easy to farm up on corki and gives a large amount of damage. IE is over kill as Corki isnt someone that constantly autoattacks. Atlanta goes 21/8/1, AD scaling quints and marks, flat armor seals, flat magic resist glyphs. Voyboy goes 9/0/21, armor pen marks and quints, mana regen per level seals, and flat magic resist glyphs.
I used to like Trinity a lot on Corki, but I dunno, I'm just sorta crazy for the new Black Cleaver.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
New Black Cleaver is pretty awesome on pretty much any ranged DPS. Plus isn't it cheaper than Trinity Force as well? The good thing about force is the extra survivability and maneuverability for Corki, but considering we'll need a BV eventually anyway I'm not sure if that extra 1000+ gold cost is warranted in liue of surviving longer (which increases your effective DPS).

I'm still saving up so I can buy another rune page to properly set up Corki, b/c right now I'm running him w/ my Xin Zhao page, which is all AS, lol.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
It's a Jungle Xin page. I have runes for lane Xin, but since Xin is my only jungler and I don't always play arranged I have to keep him with Jungle runes just in case (until I can afford more rune pages... which are STUPIDLY expensive).

I'd rather get a good Corki setup first, because Xin is good enough with whatever, lol.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
It's a Jungle Xin page. I have runes for lane Xin, but since Xin is my only jungler and I don't always play arranged I have to keep him with Jungle runes just in case (until I can afford more rune pages... which are STUPIDLY expensive).

I'd rather get a good Corki setup first, because Xin is good enough with whatever, lol.
I've spent 6300 on an extra rune page already. Now i've got 4. Totally worth it ;)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Well yeah. Now that I have at least one hero to fill every role I'm going to go about getting a Rune Page set up for all of them (and a lane Xin page)... fortunately I have a couple heroes that can share pages just fine. I think I'll need to save up to buy 2 pages, and then a handful of runes I don't own yet.

Halfway to another page, lol... though if they buff Renekton I may end up getting him instead for a second melee DPS.

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
I got the runepage bundle this summer when they announced it because someone gave me some RP as a gift. It was totally worth the cost. I'm able to keep pages for tanks, DPS, mages, bulkyDPS, mana-less champions and I've got two pages for Shen. One for the lane and one for the jungle. Totally takes the stress off when I'm going into matches because I just click a rune page and go. If you've been thinking about getting some RP, definitely consider buying the page bundle with some of it.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Not a fan of paying money for fluff... especially if it can be obtained for free. I'm patient. I'll get them eventually. I still think they are ridiculously priced.

If I was every going to spend that much money on something for this game, it would probably be the Gentleman Cho skin, and that is all.

Evanms

Smash Journeyman
I miss old garen so much! He's still viable if you build black cleaver first. Then stack defensive items.

On another note I just wanted to say that starting cloth armour and hp pots on shen is amazing! I run flat armour seals on him and when I start with cloth I have a ridiculous amount of armour early on. If you can get in lane with a physical dps you just win. It helps to run hp quints because u don't get the health from dorans. Starting with cloth also let's you build straight into heart of gold.

I have played a lot of games as shen and starting this way works out so much better.

It can be difficult for people to pull this off of you don't make it a point to continually heal with your Q.

I don't recomend cloth for 2v1 top though. But if your going bot and you have flat armour, please try this out.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
just a normal game, but

my team is 4-0, of which im 1-0-2 trynd with 15min zerks + 2 avarice working on my BF, and we took mid tower, 1-0 dragon, and things are looking solid. level advantage as we had a jungle and the didnt.

4 of my teammates disconnect. LMAO

10 minutes pass before they reconnect. ive gotten 1 kill, died once, and lost mid inhib + 2 bot towers. we lose a close game. gg fail lan parties.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Decided I would try Mogwai's build on Annie since I usually start with RoA on her... and I melted faces. I switched my runes up so I was running all MPen Quints/Reds, got the MPen mastery in offense and then I took mid against an Ashe. She was playing uber-safe so I never killed her, but she pretty much let me farm. I hit six, ganked side lanes with stun bear both times he came up and then built Haunting Guise/Sorc Boots by the 15 min mark or so. Got my death cap at 20 minutes and the enemy team surrendered at 25. Not too shabby. I like this. I'm still kinda scared to drop the Health Quints on most casters, but I guess if I can do it with Annie I should get comfortable doing it on others too.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
Decided I would try Mogwai's build on Annie since I usually start with RoA on her... and I melted faces. I switched my runes up so I was running all MPen Quints/Reds, got the MPen mastery in offense and then I took mid against an Ashe. She was playing uber-safe so I never killed her, but she pretty much let me farm. I hit six, ganked side lanes with stun bear both times he came up and then built Haunting Guise/Sorc Boots by the 15 min mark or so. Got my death cap at 20 minutes and the enemy team surrendered at 25. Not too shabby. I like this. I'm still kinda scared to drop the Health Quints on most casters, but I guess if I can do it with Annie I should get comfortable doing it on others too.
MPen Quints and Blues are a little underwhelming IMO. I mean, yea, it does fit into the philosophy of the build I was describing, but 100 HP vs. 5 mpen just seems like a big difference in raw power, regardless of how you're trying to focus your build IMO. I actually agree with you on this, I find it scary saccing that 100 HP for 5 MPen and would rather keep the HP quints.

jpak

Smash Lord
For Shen, I go attack speed marks/energy per level seals/flat magic resist glyphs/hp quints
Doran shield + pot -> Two heart of golds -> Then what ever the opposing team has the most of
Merc treads somewhere in there. The AS marks helps his farm a lot.

For Anivia I go mpen quints/glyphs/marks and hp per level seals, she's got the egg so its safe but for anyone else I think its a little dangerous like mogwai mentioned

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I take it you run a similar build to that Annie build, right? Like, with Anivia, I do more of a late-game build (cata -> tear -> RoA -> Deathcap -> AA + Void Staff), so that early flat pen isn't as valuable to me. But I have seen Sorc + Guise builds on Bird **** face too.

Also re: Shen, I think there's a lot of variance in how people spec shen, haha. Nowadays I usually play with farm dependent champs in lane so I play a more supportive style running MPen/Armor/MRes/HP and then just rush Aegis unless I get an early kill because otherwise I find myself in teamfights with only HoGs and I think that hurts my team too much. But back in the day I would lane with like a Janna or something and I'd be getting the farm and thus I'd do **** like get 2 HoG -> Sunfire for **** solo pushing.

Frolossus

Smash Lord
It might be a good idea to keep in mind that Rylias and Gublade don't add just damage; they both offer more survivability and slows on top of their damage. i don't know about you guys, but it always frustrates me when I shunpo -> death lotus and people just lol and walk out of the range.

The numbers are definitely interesting though, didn't think that one deathcap would give that much more damage.
life steal/spellvamp isn't really survivability

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Why is Corki such a funky carry to play :( I don't quite understand how to fight with him. I can land rockets just fine, but I think it's Gatling Gun that I'm not sure of how to utilize properly

Turazrok

Smash Master
Yeah jungle runes are something I'm debating on.

Someone do mathcraft for me on olaf arpen reds and hp quints with cdr blue vs as

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Why is Corki such a funky carry to play :( I don't quite understand how to fight with him. I can land rockets just fine, but I think it's Gatling Gun that I'm not sure of how to utilize properly
You play him by poking with missiles until both teams engage. Once most of the CC has been blown you can pop it and move closer to the fight to get the most armor shred/DPS from it (as well as using Phosphorous Bombs). If someone tries to fight you 1v1 and you are strong enough to take them on (either via Exhaust or better farm) you can use it then. It also can hit through trees/walls and you can use it while chasing.

Don't bother with it while running/kiting though (unless they catch you/you decide to commit), just use more missiles for that.

He doesn't really have MFs or Sivir's supreme mobility and he doesn't really bring any CC to the table (aside from a 35% miss chance w/ PB) so you can't go too crazy with him.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Sad that moves like that lose a lot of utility because of Flash :\ Not to mention it doesn't let you kite. It's a good survival tool, but being able to move faster than most characters while still being in attack range is, in my opinion, a more useful tool than a pure escape for a ranged DPS.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
na dude, you're crazy, especially on the MF point, hahaha. Flash > Ghost on a ranged carry, so Valk > Siv ult in terms of gtfoing. And I mean... MF, hahaha, that ***** has no escape once she's been breathed on. Sure she can dart from lane to lane quicker than Corki, but in terms of mobility in teamfights, Corki wrecks her and is 2nd only to Ezreal IMO.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
MPen Quints and Blues are a little underwhelming IMO. I mean, yea, it does fit into the philosophy of the build I was describing, but 100 HP vs. 5 mpen just seems like a big difference in raw power, regardless of how you're trying to focus your build IMO. I actually agree with you on this, I find it scary saccing that 100 HP for 5 MPen and would rather keep the HP quints.
It was MPen Quints and REDS, not blues. I use mana regen seals and CDR blues on her. That gives me flat 14 magic pen. Then with the mastery point in Archaic Knowledge, I get an additional 15%. I'm kinda fuzzy on how flat and % work together to generate a damage figure, but I did feel like I was hitting harder than usual, especially on those ganks before the 15 min mark.

Just based on your comment earlier, I wanted to try an "all-in" on early game burst. I was actually thinking that since you get mana back for last-hitting with Q, I might even consider swapping in AP runes for my seals. I know 100 HP can be a huge difference early, especially if you are laning against someone with some CC, but I felt like experimenting and at least this time it went well. I'll probably keep the HP Quints for Lux/Anivia/etc at lest, but I want to keep toying with this early dominance Annie stuff.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
na dude, you're crazy, especially on the MF point, hahaha. Flash > Ghost on a ranged carry, so Valk > Siv ult in terms of gtfoing. And I mean... MF, hahaha, that ***** has no escape once she's been breathed on. Sure she can dart from lane to lane quicker than Corki, but in terms of mobility in teamfights, Corki wrecks her and is 2nd only to Ezreal IMO.
I guess Ashe would be a better example than MF, as she can shoot frost arrows to do damage while running. I realize that once a fullblown teamfight has started, Corki has one of the best moves to get out next to Ez, but in many other circumstances he just doesn't have the kiting strength that many other ranged carries do (as you are not only doing teamfights... at least not at the level I am at, I realize this is slightly different at higher ELOs) due to his low range spells (save for missiles), and long CD jump.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
It was MPen Quints and REDS, not blues. I use mana regen seals and CDR blues on her. That gives me flat 14 magic pen. Then with the mastery point in Archaic Knowledge, I get an additional 15%. I'm kinda fuzzy on how flat and % work together to generate a damage figure, but I did feel like I was hitting harder than usual, especially on those ganks before the 15 min mark.

Just based on your comment earlier, I wanted to try an "all-in" on early game burst. I was actually thinking that since you get mana back for last-hitting with Q, I might even consider swapping in AP runes for my seals. I know 100 HP can be a huge difference early, especially if you are laning against someone with some CC, but I felt like experimenting and at least this time it went well. I'll probably keep the HP Quints for Lux/Anivia/etc at lest, but I want to keep toying with this early dominance Annie stuff.
I know you had Reds, I was just saying that I don't find the other runes you can get MPen on to be good enough to use. Marks are great for MPen, but a full Quint setup gives you 5 MPen and I think a full Glyph setup is about 5.5 MPen. They both feel somewhat underwhelming IMO.

jpak

Smash Lord
I take it you run a similar build to that Annie build, right? Like, with Anivia, I do more of a late-game build (cata -> tear -> RoA -> Deathcap -> AA + Void Staff), so that early flat pen isn't as valuable to me. But I have seen Sorc + Guise builds on Bird **** face too.

Also re: Shen, I think there's a lot of variance in how people spec shen, haha. Nowadays I usually play with farm dependent champs in lane so I play a more supportive style running MPen/Armor/MRes/HP and then just rush Aegis unless I get an early kill because otherwise I find myself in teamfights with only HoGs and I think that hurts my team too much. But back in the day I would lane with like a Janna or something and I'd be getting the farm and thus I'd do **** like get 2 HoG -> Sunfire for **** solo pushing.
For Anivia, I go doran ring -> tear or ruby if im getting out harassed -> boots lvl 1 -> tear/catalyst -> sorc boots -> AA -> deathcap/banshee/void staff (usually banshee first or i get the wand if im not getting focused, void if they are going heavy MR). After sorc boots my MPEN will usually be more than the casters and carries' base MR :).

For annie, I usually don't get tear because she doesn't have that ability that is constantly spammable to max tear fast whereas anivia has her ult. But I could see it working on annie. I don't play or see a lot of Anine so I'm not sure. She's really good though. CLG now runs taric janna annie nunu ad carry(trist/ashe).

For shen ya I usually only play with a support in lane.

I think Anivia is hard to get used to, but I think I have a good grasp on her after spending so many games with her on my smurf. Next will be Cass :)

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
I know you had Reds, I was just saying that I don't find the other runes you can get MPen on to be good enough to use. Marks are great for MPen, but a full Quint setup gives you 5 MPen and I think a full Glyph setup is about 5.5 MPen. They both feel somewhat underwhelming IMO.
Ah, I understand now. I see what you are saying about the MPen Quints and blues. They are a little lackluster. It's nice that health quints are good on pretty much everyone. I wonder if Riot will ever nerf them to compensate?

Oh... got that pic resized. New avatar. :)

Top Bottom