• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Good start bro. You should join the "swf" chatroom in the game and find some people to coach you.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
LOL @ Shadow. Looks like that game was a competition to see who could fail harder. You put up a good fight, but their Fiddle teamed up with their Ryze to take you down :p

Did they coach you/try to coach you during the game, or were you just trolling or what?

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
3s just started sign-ups Virgy. They did 5s first. Now they are doing 3s. At the end they are doing ARAM. Dekar and I want to make a team for 3s, but I don't think our accounts are old enough atm.

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
LOL @ Shadow. Looks like that game was a competition to see who could fail harder. You put up a good fight, but their Fiddle teamed up with their Ryze to take you down :p

Did they coach you/try to coach you during the game, or were you just trolling or what?
Malcolm told me to do the tutorial i was like "f that" i went in without a clue of what to do. The events that unfolded were perhaps the funniest game of lol ever and the fact that we won made it even funnier.

my internet is fast but my loading time was so slow that the first thing that was typed in the chat was "**** your fiddlesticks" I couldn't find the shop even though it was right next to me, the healing item i bought was never used , i screamed leroy jenkins into the skype mic and ran right into death .I just fed the other team and used auto attack the whole time after it was all over Lcancel asked "oh pj got 18 kills?" Everyone busted out laughing with "no thats 18 deaths".

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Armor Pen Marks, Attack Speed Seals to help proc her passive, maybe some CDR glyphs and then HP quints (though these are less necessary on her than many b/c of how strong her early game is). Can sub any of those for damage if you want.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I'm pretty sure that pj is secretly amazing and purposely went out of his way to get the worst possible score ever. I see no other way he could've managed only 6 creep kills.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
what should my sion build be

both 3s and 5s

AP
d-ring
boots
deathcap
CDR boots or Boots of Mobility (you don't count as getting hit until your shield breaks
void staff/Lich Bane/Hourglass/Abyssal/Banshee's/DFG

it's honestly just W/E after deathcap, just keep pumpin' dem blue elixirs and farming as fast as possible with shield.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Hey guys, if I want an easy mode champion to faceroll random 3s and 5s who should I use? I'm using Yi atm but thinking of buying Panth lol.
Ranged DPS is the way to go if you really want "easy mode" since they are generally good farmers and you can take Ghost/Flash to stay safe while you do it. Ashe is cheap and good. Miss Fortune is expensive and good. Sivir is probably the easiest and most effective though. She farms like a beast, has a spell shield to keep from getting ganked and REALLY hurts badly in early-mid level team fights. She becomes a little bit less scary in the late game, but hopefully you wreck so hard with her early that its not much of an issue. At the very least, she makes it so that the enemy team can't push towers with creep support, since she wipes the wave with a single boomerang blade.

btw, good run of games last night guys. I think we won 5/6 and I played a different champ in each one. Haha. Last night I went Gangplank, Blitzcrank, Annie, Taric, Alistar, Galio. Poor, poor Galio. They nerfed him so hard. He isn't even fun to play anymore.

jpak

Smash Lord
For cait, you don't want to go attack speed seals, seals are too good to be used for that. If you want to "increase" your passive use it for glyphs. But the gain from going attack speed runes to increase your passive is very little... Just play top lane and you'll be fine.

For Sion, you don't want boots of mobility, they're the worst boots in the game. Casting your stun will stop your movement speed gain, its either merc/sorc

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ranged DPS is the way to go if you really want "easy mode" since they are generally good farmers and you can take Ghost/Flash to stay safe while you do it. Ashe is cheap and good. Miss Fortune is expensive and good. Sivir is probably the easiest and most effective though. She farms like a beast, has a spell shield to keep from getting ganked and REALLY hurts badly in early-mid level team fights. She becomes a little bit less scary in the late game, but hopefully you wreck so hard with her early that its not much of an issue. At the very least, she makes it so that the enemy team can't push towers with creep support, since she wipes the wave with a single boomerang blade.

btw, good run of games last night guys. I think we won 5/6 and I played a different champ in each one. Haha. Last night I went Gangplank, Blitzcrank, Annie, Taric, Alistar, Galio. Poor, poor Galio. They nerfed him so hard. He isn't even fun to play anymore.
With that patch that made Sivir OP, she probably replaces Tristana as the scariest champ to fight against late game... Q and E both scale too well. :(

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
I find its pretty easy to dodge her Boomerang blade and then jump her. If you've got some CC on your team then you are in good shape. She will pop her spell shield and then be a free kill. Maybe I'm wrong, but apart from having her clear the stinkin creep wave every time you try to assault a tower, she doesn't seem to be a huge problem late game.

jpak

Smash Lord
She is super strong in the late game :\ that's when she becomes a huge problem. Best late game carry by far.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Ok, I guess I'm n00b. Or at least the Sivirs I've fought recently have been.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I just had to endure a 50 minute long ranked game I knew we were going to lose by the 7 minute mark (team refused to surrender).

We had a Shaco jungler... who went AP.
Who
1. Never ganked once throughout the laning phase
2. Never warded
3. Never attempted dragon.

.... It was pretty depressing to know that even though 'right now' we're doing okay in team fights, that they have 3k gold over us (this was when I first pressed dat SURRENDER BUTTON), and counting...
And then they suddenly had the balls to do baron and it was over.

Oh... and I warded... I was the only one on the team warding until I got to 6 items...

DUB

Smash Lord
Dekar how are you supposed to build AD sion in 3's?

i go 21/0/9

Crit Quint
Crit reds
dodye yellows
mana/lvl blues

normally my build is like

Dorans Shield
Zeal
boots of swiftness
IE

it doesnt seem to fitting for treeline but still works. suggestion?

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
I just had to endure a 50 minute long ranked game I knew we were going to lose by the 7 minute mark (team refused to surrender).

We had a Shaco jungler... who went AP.
Who
1. Never ganked once throughout the laning phase
2. Never warded
3. Never attempted dragon.

.... It was pretty depressing to know that even though 'right now' we're doing okay in team fights, that they have 3k gold over us (this was when I first pressed dat SURRENDER BUTTON), and counting...
And then they suddenly had the balls to do baron and it was over.

Oh... and I warded... I was the only one on the team warding until I got to 6 items...
Stay strong, brother, stay strong *brofist*

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
I get the difference here. Riot is trying to make a "native" Mac app using WINE-libraries but this guy made a WINE distro that just runs the PC version in a shell. They aren't going to release a shell because the patching issues could become a nightmare. Although, it is telling that his distro works incredibly well (apparently only the store browser is not functioning) with just a little bit of work while Riot is SIX MONTHS into their beta program and still can't certify the Mac version Gold.

Top Bottom