• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

nicaboy

Smash Champion
Yo guys, what's a good runes build for Caitlyn?
you thought i wouldnt see you mother****er!?

btw pantheon is ****ing ****** good best but i have so far.

me and this mordikasier made an olaf rage quit 4 mins into the game and we took bot tower in 7 mins. i scored a triple kill 15 mins later and they surrendered lol.

gonna spend my next couple of ip points on runes. imma just buy new champs for a week with money.

any suggetions on trying a new champ? i tried trydamire but that didnt end to well for me :(. although i got the feel for him now he is still kinda bleh for me. sion looks intresting feed back on him guys? I like people with cc.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
uh...every pantheon I ever played just gets wrecked...

They pounce in -> 100 spear stab move

as soon as they pounce I Stun tibbs drop -> fireball -> flamethrower -> ignite -> extra fireball if needed.

I don't think I have ever been killed by a panth in a 1v1 (or 2v1) situation.

also I Wanna by irelia and kennen...who should i buy first...because I was leaning toward irelia.

jpak

Smash Lord
nicaboy - alistar anivia cho leblanc lux rammus and taric are all good choices that have cc, anivia and leblanc are ap carries rest are support/tank
tkbro - play irelia cause not a lot of people play her and shes good :)

M3D

In the Game of Thrones, You Morph or You Die
BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Irelia is gaining popularity but I still like Kennen better. Chain stunning people is mad fun.

gonna spend my next couple of ip points on runes. imma just buy new champs for a week with money.
If you aren't over level 20 yet, don't waste IP on runes. They have a pretty minimal impact on your game before level 20 anyways, both in terms of raw power and the outcome of your matches. You are better off saving up IP for when you hit 20 and then buying a full page or two of Tier 3 runes. For now, play the free champs or buy one if you REALLY click with them and just focus on learning the nuances of the game up through level 20.

If you are already over level 20, disregard this entire post.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Galio is still fun to play, he just can't faceroll whole teams by himself. Just make sure you have a competent team before you choose to play him.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
If you aren't over level 20 yet, don't waste IP on runes. They have a pretty minimal impact on your game before level 20 anyways, both in terms of raw power and the outcome of your matches. You are better off saving up IP for when you hit 20 and then buying a full page or two of Tier 3 runes. For now, play the free champs or buy one if you REALLY click with them and just focus on learning the nuances of the game up through level 20.
No way, tier 1's are definitely worth it. Most are around 15-30 IP a piece, and give half the benefit of a tier 3. However you should never be buying tier 2, and tier 1 quints are iffy at best as well.

That said, when you hit 20 you'll have 18 tier 1's in place assuming you skipped quints, you can buy 7 more tier 1's at 15 a piece and combine them all for a tier 3 rune. If you get lucky you can get an HP quint or something.

That little bit of a gamble alone makes it worth having at least some stats for the low price of tier 1 runes.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I get the difference here. Riot is trying to make a "native" Mac app using WINE-libraries but this guy made a WINE distro that just runs the PC version in a shell. They aren't going to release a shell because the patching issues could become a nightmare. Although, it is telling that his distro works incredibly well (apparently only the store browser is not functioning) with just a little bit of work while Riot is SIX MONTHS into their beta program and still can't certify the Mac version Gold.
Oh... I'm not very educated on this sort of thing.

Just thought it was funny that this guy could make an apparently more smoother version in just a couple days.

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Psshhh... but could he babysit DanGR's Sion in lane and go 3-0-2 in the first 10 minutes of the match?

I. DIDN'T. THINK. SO!

Evanms

Smash Journeyman
Gonna roll face tonight! Thinking about if I should by energy runes. Guess of would be worth it for late teamfights so I can double taunt.

Also anyone want to do some duo Q ranked? Or we could go 5 if anyone wants to. I kinda want to break 1400.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
I know I have just enough to buy the energy regen per level runes (I believe that's what Mogwai recommended for Kennen). I already have 2 rune page sets of runes as well. Those are the right runes Mogwai? If so I'll probably get them for Kennen today.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I'm finally on a stable VPN again, which means no more DCs! Now I just have to hope the internet is running at a decent speed and I might actually be able to play really well again.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Gonna roll face tonight! Thinking about if I should by energy runes. Guess of would be worth it for late teamfights so I can double taunt.

Also anyone want to do some duo Q ranked? Or we could go 5 if anyone wants to. I kinda want to break 1400.
Round what time? I've taken a hiatus from ranked until I learn all the "OP" champs (learned Panth, polished Eve, still need to buy Malph) due to getting teamed up with too many teams I couldn't carry, but as long as I know there are others I can depend on to not suck I'm up for it ^_^

M3D

BRoomer
NNID
Argonaut1
Babysit? O.o
You are right. I didn't babysit you. Every time I left lane you got ganked, then I ran into the lane and killed someone. So more like I exploited your Sion... although I did knock up Warwick and blocked light binding when you were at no health and were running back to tower. ;)

Seriously though, that strategy would have worked if our creep had been the ones pushing. It sucks that they don't stay perfectly neutral until a champion pushes them, but the random push and pull of the creep waves doesn't always work that way. Also, we probably screw up their neutrality by being out in the lane and not permanently in the brush. That meant some of the minions attacked us as they approached instead of OUR minion wave, giving our wave a slight edge. Also didn't help that it was Lux, since she could toss Singularity into the wave and run back then snare us when we attacked.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
OMG. Yes, that was probably it- the part about the minions attacking us some. Knew we were doing something wrong. :[

Pirate+Blitz/Sion might work too, to guarantee the lane isn't pushed.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
So. Double jungle with Nunu and Tryndamere. They both take smite and go together. Nunu gives most last hits to Trynd. Ice ball + chicken shout + ice ball again for slows + whatever the person in lane can use = they'll need flash to get away from a surprise gank for sure.

Thoughts? It would be extremely fast to get each of the buffs and they could gank as soon as they hit lvl 3, maybe even lvl 2.

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
I just dont understand the matchmaking in this game...

i just got paired up with almost 4 lvl 30s, my team consisted of lvl 15-20s, im lvl 17. One of the lvl 30s played anivia and went 34-2-18.

We got *****. I as akali went 25-12-14

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Dan and I played with maybe the craziest Olaf I have ever seen. I'm not exaggerating at all when I say that, starting at level four, this is all he did:

Ran into their jungle by himself
Upon seeing any enemy in any situation, attacked until either he or the enemy was dead.

He started out with quite a few kills, but it quickly devolved into him running into a 1v5, ulting, and trying to kill some one before he died. If it weren't for the fact we were destroying them, I would have been somewhat upset.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Dekar how are you supposed to build AD sion in 3's?

i go 21/0/9
I do not like 21/0/9, and never will. There's a reason only ONE of the

Crit Quint
Crit reds
dodye yellows
mana/lvl blues

normally my build is like

Dorans Shield
Zeal
boots of swiftness
IE

it doesnt seem to fitting for treeline but still works. suggestion?
Main problem is at 3k, your build stagnates until 5k, then 7k.

You could probably just make that zeal a triforce instead of waiting to build IE, afterward (if the game actually goes past the 10k farm point) finishing the IE.

The huge movement boost as well as slow with your autoattack, stuns and proc on skills makes Triforce > IE with that build, imo.

Also, if you don't have mana issues, the boots of swift could be switched out for CdR boots, I have been saying and will continue to say, they're the best bang for your buck boots in the game right now, for soooooo many heroes.

1/25/11

TheOddOne- 1/8/21 (Swain, W)
Nolja- 9/0/21 (doesn't seem to play?)
frozt- 21/0/9 (Blitz, L)
l0cust- 9/0/21 (Malphite, W)
megazero- 12/7/11 (GP, L)
taenshi- 21/9/0 (Renekton, W)
ravenite- 1/8/21 (Nunu, W, Nunu on TT LOL)
ginormous noob (lmfao.)- 15/0/15 (Olaf, L)
me- 1/16/13 (Nunu, W, again not impressive since it's nunu on TT).
Deddy 21/0/9 (Another empty match history)

manyreason- 21/0/9 (Teemo, W)
grandjudge- 21/0/9 (0 match history, strange)
shimtreez- 0/21/9 (empty...)
scarletdoom- 9/0/21 (empty)
chauster- 9/0/21 (swain, W)
locodoco- 21/0/9 (Yi, L)
hotshotgg- 0/9/21 (Nid, W)
A Lilac- 9/0/21 (Mundo, W)

Reginald 21/0/9 (Ez, W)
Feedfest 21/9/0 (Akali, L)
doomtrobo 9/0/21 (Lux, L)
Monkey D Luffy Z 21/8/1 (Caitlyn, L)
SYDTKO 3/17/10 (Kayle. L)
Bigfatjiji 0/22/8 (Renekton, W)
3xecutioner 0/21/9 (Shen, L)

15-21 offense tree? 3/8 wins
15-21 defense tree? 2/4 wins
15-21 utility tree? 6/8 wins

This doesn't dictate how well certain builds do etc. and isn't the end-all be-all analysis of how certain characters should be built, BUT-

If your character is NOT an AD carry, and you're NOT playing SR- do not go 21/0/9, the other trees are just too effective and the metagame is too centralized around being tankier with more utility (AKA higher mana regen, movement speed, lower cooldowns on SS and skills) to pass up on the benefits of the other trees.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Double Jungle with Tryn doesn't sound that great. Replace Tryn with someone dangerous, but safer in the jungle like Udyr, and that sounds a lot better.

Not gonna lie though Brett, that text color you choose is pretty ugly whenever someone with a red name is around, it clashes too much. I'd just use plain white and maybe bold it for a quicker response.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
Well, I was thinking since Nunu would give last hits to Trynd, and since they'd go so fast, and since it'd be efficient for ganks, Trynd would get farmed up hard and that's how he becomes dangerous.

+ put a Morgana in one of the solo lanes and Trynd is now immune to CC as well as death (rage). + he's blood-boiled in each fight, permanently.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Today I had three enemy teams from three separate games call udyr op / broken / udyr carried / gg udyr. It was quite funny. I'm really liking him now. So strong early game with ganks doing half health+ by himself.

Dekar173

Justice Man
So. Double jungle with Nunu and Tryndamere. They both take smite and go together. Nunu gives most last hits to Trynd. Ice ball + chicken shout + ice ball again for slows + whatever the person in lane can use = they'll need flash to get away from a surprise gank for sure.

Thoughts? It would be extremely fast to get each of the buffs and they could gank as soon as they hit lvl 3, maybe even lvl 2.
Odincore and I run Nunu/Yi a lot, because Yi (when he gets rolling) can be so devasting :D

That's a good idea though, but I just love the fact that Yi moves faster than most heroes, has his Q to get last hits, as well as his BDing ability (whereas Trynd's isn't as strong from what I've seen).

Nunu double jungle king.

-Vocal-

Smash Hero
Anivia is frustratingly hard. Her E has pathetically low range - how the hell do I use her without getting instantly blown up in team fights?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Ult, combine your Q with a team member's CC to make it likely to hit, Frostbite that person, don't get *****

Top Bottom