• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GotGames Nationwide Brawl Circuit- Online Ladder closed - State Qualifers begin soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjay

Smash Lord
uh, obviously they've played matches and/or made challenges

are you ********??

if you could make the date tomorrow, they wouldn't have time to even know that they've been challenged and they'd auto forfiet because they didn't even know

you're a ******* bjay
LOLLLLL obviously you didn't read my post in the way I would have hoped.

That is fine that the date can't be tomorrow, so I'm going to assume they've already had their matches early on than the scheduled date, or they begun having matches before the ladder officially started?

:)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Dekar289

Smash Hero
began having matches before the ladder officially started

ever since the ladder was up, you could challenge

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Hey uh, what's the deal with only being able to challenge people between 6pm and 10.30pm?

Is there any point in participating if I can only challenge people at time periods where it's impossible for me to be online?

I do realise the ladder allows meeting to circumvent this issue, but it's really just a hassle to HAVE to meet simply because the ladder doesn't let me challenge people at times I am actually able to play, it's a 2+ hour round trip for every single ladder match, excluding of course the ones I would be traveling for anyway (meets).

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
If you can come to an agreement with your opponent about playing offline at a time other than when specified (Say, playing a 12 noon rather than 8pm) then it should be okay.

There's nothing to stop you from playing your match at a different time, this system just makes it so that both players don't have to even communicate if they don't want to/can't be bothered.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'm also going to have to add to the existing set of rules to accomodate for the concerns Smashers have with the ladder software.

This would have something to do with time negotiations, which would require the challenger to provide at least 1 weekend date out of the 3 dates they choose. This prevents person X challenging player Y at times they are unable to participate (eg. Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday). Persons caught exploiting the calendars exploiting the system for forefit based wins will be assessed by me, and I will remove them from the ladder as I see fit.

Also, I'm going to have to expand the contact system to be more than just a Friend Code Index. I am going to start a new thread which would help establish a player's availabilities (as well as their other necessary data, such as preferred mode of contact, FC etc). Once this is published, provided it's within suitable means, challengers must accomodate their opponents as much as possible when it comes to match scheduling.

More later

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Ah, I see; thanks, guys. Actually I didn't feel too good about "breaking" the rules and playing at different times, but if you guys say it's okay then I guess it is. Now I feel silly for such an immature concern. ;_;

Cao, a thread like that would be excellent.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Assuming two players agree to play a match straight away instead of waiting until the date.

Is there a way to post up the results before this date? Or do we have to wait till the date until we can post them up and challenge again.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I'm supposed to be receiving Ladder Referee rights today so that can be sorted soon.

Attention SA and WA players - find ways to get more people to join the ladder!

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord

This would have something to do with time negotiations, which would require the challenger to provide at least 1 weekend date out of the 3 dates they choose. This prevents person X challenging player Y at times they are unable to participate (eg. Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday). Persons caught exploiting the calendars exploiting the system for forefit based wins will be assessed by me, and I will remove them from the ladder as I see fit.

Can Friday be considered a weekend?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Commander Snake is one manly name :)

I've got the ability to edit ladders now so I can now solve problems

And even do Ip screening to find naughty people

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
oh good does that mean people can't FRAME other people?!?!?
lolz
you know like get a friend to go under an opponents name and deliberately cheat and record it to get their opponent disqualified? ahahaa that's evil.
I'm so bored =(

note: I refuse to play any online matches unless absolutely 100% necessary, I'm willing to travel also so now that my evil idea has leaked I won't be a victim nyuk nyuk nyuk.
Who likes ice-cream? =D

Kulla

Smash Journeyman
Yeah...I played my first game...I lost, my connection is awesome...Dont anyone bother challenging me unless you live near me...I'm not playing anymore online matches...See you at the State Qualifiers

Gords

Smash Champion
Yeah...I played my first game...I lost, my connection is awesome...Dont anyone bother challenging me unless you live near me...I'm not playing anymore online matches...See you at the State Qualifiers

where abouts do you live cause i wouldnt mind travelling to challenge if our positions ever came close, other than that we can always do gotgames challenges at the BOOST tournaments

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
i think so... cause yeah i am busy on mondays til late. 10 pm isn't it... i hope so..
my internet is kinda weird haven't played anyone online who lives in australia tho...

Mr. Phantasmo

Smash Journeyman
Yay, Jei can visit me as well or we just party at Everence's place. Speaking of whitch, Everence I have challenged you on the ladder would it be alright if we did an offline match ?, I have a car so I can come to you, your also welcome to come to my place if you want we can have milk, cookies and icecream !

Everence

Smash Apprentice
yeah, you're welcome to come over to my place. i've also got a car so i could come down to your place should you wish too. do you have any weekdays off? hmm, i think my break starts on the week of the 22nd so if you're the same that should be relatively easy to arrange. PM me preferably here what you'd prefer and we'll go into further details from there. for now i've accepted the challenge.

Greenstreet

Smash Champion
Ok cool mate. I will have to add your FC after work tomorrow. I finish at 4. So don't panic if your still awaiting registration or whatever. At about 9.50 I'll make a room. I've added you on MSN so we can sort other things out through that. Possible warmup games allowed?

Jamage

Smash Ace
NNID
Jamage007
3DS FC
5412-9923-5145
Switch FC
1787 8077 0889
What happened to the Lag concerns section?

I lost a game last night that was super slo motion and id press a button and wait 3 seconds for the move. I know I have a great connection and dont Lag when someone else has a good connection, I hardly play online and am not used to lag.

If a Streetgeek lan is coming up can we postpone a match for a few days so we can do it lag free coz if what heppened last night keeps happening I may as well just quit now.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
If the challenge 'expires' there's just no result added. You can let the date pass and do the match later. Also, might be a good idea to take note who it was so you don't vs them online again.

Nick_

Smash Apprentice
1337 challanged me, 1337 get to me via pm here or msn so we can have our match.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Jamage - you can ask all SA participants to schedule GG matches for the Streetgeek tournaments - that's what the Victorians are doing.

Seems like GotGames have finally revamped their site.

Atticus

Smash Journeyman
I find it a questionable ladder mechanic that when the results were entered for Redact's unsuccessful challenge against me, he was immediately able to challenge again. Even though I was the winner, Redact got to challenge the #1 and I just had to sit on my *** through the protection period and then get challenged by someone else. Surely that should be the other way around, me challenging Jei and Redact having to defend? Similar ladders usually have a period of time an unsuccessful challenger has to wait before they can challenge again.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
@CAOTIC: Azure Rune defeated Yokai in a challenge for the GotGames ladder. But he didn't put in the result quickly enough. Could you adjust it please?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom