• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GotGames Nationwide Brawl Circuit- Online Ladder closed - State Qualifers begin soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eagle

Smash Lord
I challenge you, Jamage! Because you're number one and I'm last. :(

When choosing the time, I pick 7:30 but it says I picked 7:00. I picked 8:00 so I could get the correct time of 7:30 but just wonder why it does that.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Desert Eagle. The ladder isn't officially launched yet. :) Just a little bit more time plz. :)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Everyone please take the time to read my first post, as it's one of the last updates i'll be making to the Circuit. We also have a launch date now. :)

I think the coolest thing about the Invitational (changed name from Major Final), is the interstate crew battles which will decide which city hosts Season 2! Should this be Melee or Brawl hmmmmmmmm!

I think we should pay homage to Melee and celebrate it in the best way possible. Melee Interstate Crews!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Cus QLD has much more chance of winning that than Brawl against NSW?

Victoria gets to sit on the fence with this one and eat popcorn lolz, regardless of the game that is played for crews <3

Sirias

Smash Champion
I wouldn't know I don't think we'd go 'badly' against NSW, we should go even enough, I think.
I don't think we'd go well in Melee, only me and Zac (and Bryce if he still plays and Ryan if he'd want to) even know how to play Melee anymore, and I've sort of forgotten a little too. I think Zac still secretly practices, lool.
Still, our Brawl game (SAVE ZAC) is good enough. c:

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Considering we've all been at Brawl for an equal time, and it is pretty much the game we'd all be playing at that event, Brawl may seem more suitable. I don't really care which, though.

Gords

Smash Champion
i think its a great idea that they will be playing off using Melee, it will show how good Melee is and may keep it alive for longer.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Well, I certainly think it'll provide more of a dramatic spectacle, although the problem is the players that have won flights to the invitational are not certain to be any good with Melee. However, the crew battle shouldn't be about that and more of a fan-based thing.

But yes, showing off is what Melee does best, and the stage set for the Invitational will be epic. Brawl will have more than it's fair share of showtime when it comes to singles and teams!

Just contacted AI/Gamerthon dude ~ ooooh yeah, this is going to be good stuffs lol

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Don't expect much from the Perthites if Melee's up, think only Bringer and Quetz have touched it since Brawl's come out.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Melee or Brawl, having Perth winning the rights to hosting the second season sounds like a very expensive venture. :) In order to avoid the neverending Melee/Brawl debate, I'll make the decision (weather to use Melee or Brawl for the crew battles) myself along with the other GG admins (Shaya/Mic/Vyse/Jamage/Kulla/Fork) at a later date.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Hey everyone, in case you haven't noticed yet, the final rules for GotGames is finally up. Please join the ladders as this will be a sponsored event.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=160429

Joining ladders can be done here:
http://www.gotgames.com.au/gg/ladders/4

I also need to put out there that Wi-Fi is NOT a requirement to use the ladders. You are free to challenge anyone you wish, and that includes fellow members of the smash community, offline, however and whenever you want. So it works both ways, in the interests of Online and Offline players, and we have the added benefit of using GotGame's ladder software.

We need a boost in numbers before September 7! :)

Muzga

Smash Ace
How much will entry to the state qualifiers be for those who arent in the top 4?/

Edit: Make the crew battles brawl:p
Perth is kinda ignored due to the severe lack of melee players,
Give us some spotlight! and watch the severe ****!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Yeah the other have brought up a valid point - we will still be able to enjoy Melee at the Invitational, but the crew battles to determine hosting rights will stay Brawl. :)

Entry fee is to be decided, it depends on a multitude of factors, but I don't see things exceeding $20 as per usual.

Melbourne's state Qualfiers will basically act as a massive fundraiser for far flung states, since it's pretty easy to cover our winners a train ride to the venue :p

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Top 4 players - Will receive a free entry into the State Qualifier finals bracket, with the ability to stage strike and stage ban once per set.
So I'm guessing when we hold these state qualifiers, we should do pools/swiss, come up with say, a top 12 and then add the top 4 into the final group to make a top 16. (The size of the final bracket would depend entirely on how many people are attracted to the tournament).

Bjay

Smash Lord
Darn, NSW has a crapload of people.

Too bad our scene isn't that big lol.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
It'll keep on getting bigger, don't worry. Although SA does need to start getting more involved in general.

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
Hey CAO i know i made this post before but i can please get some confirmation on whether or not we can play rounds in advance if we work away like myself or will not be home for a round date.. So say i will be home in the time for round 1 but not for round 2 will i be able to organise to challenge 2 people who are within my challenge range and complete those 2 rounds and hand in the results before hand..?

Sorry if this doesnt make much sense im pretty useless at explaining **** but yeah id be gutted if i am forced to miss a round purely because of my work and inability to gain access to an internet connnection cause we all know wireless broadband sucks the big one..

BLAH..!

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
For anyone that challenges me, my msn is omeletta@hotmail.com.

Also, if I forfeit the first few matches I apologise. I have to brew up my wii (need an sd card!), find out my brawl friends code (lol and figure out some port forwarding for my wii to minimise lag. In the meantime I'm cool for offline, be it at N2C or where ever.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
You might also want to put a link to the ladders or something on the first post Cao.

EDIT: Can only challenge N1v, and when sending the challenges, I've been choosing 8pm but keeps adjusting to 6 pm.

Gords

Smash Champion
@Zant3tsuken
when you figure out the port forwarding stuff can you post it here please so i can do it too.

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
@Zant3tsuken
when you figure out the port forwarding stuff can you post it here please so i can do it too.
It's only if you are behind a router in your network setup. It's not that complicated, it's just that my housemate is in the process of converting our media box into the router and he's taking he's slow arse time.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
The GotGames National Brawl Circuit launches today!

GotGames, in association with Australia's Competitive Smash Bros. Community, is proud to finally announce the release of the Official GotGames Nationwide Brawl Circuit on GotGames.com.au!

Starting off with State specific ladders, the circuit will culminate in the crowning of Australia's best competitive Brawl player and State of Origin for 2008! There are many ways to get in the action, be it through Nintendo's Wi-Fi connection or offline in State and National LAN Tournaments! Major prizes include flights to the finals, cash prizes and most importantly, the title!

Key Dates

• Season 1 Start Date: 7 September 2008
  • Season 1 End Date: 20 December 2008
  • Season 1 State Qualifiers (held in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane-Gold Coast, Adelaide, Perth): January to February 2009
  • Season 1 National Invitational (Host City: Melbourne): March/April 2009
  • Season 2 Commences in May 2009 with a new Host City determined by a Crew Battle in Melbourne

Registration and Brawl Friend Codes (FC)
  1. Registration requires all participants to sign up through GotGames and provide their Brawl Friend Code (FC), either through their GotGames profile or on the GotGames Brawl forums. In an effort to minimize lag, participants are asked to sign up by region.
  2. Members are advised to be truthful about their state, to ensure the best quality connection possible.
  3. If your State or Territory is not available, you may join the next nearest state.
  4. There is no registration deadline.
  5. Players are free to join the ladder at anytime during the season.

Cost
  1. There is no cost to join the Season Ladder.

GotGames Rules
  1. It is the responsibility of all users of this ladder to know and understand the rules before accepting a challenge or playing in a match.
  2. By sending or accepting a challenge in the ladder system, you acknowledge that you have read, understand, and agree to abide by the rules posted here which include posting or accepting challenges on the GotGames ladder.
  3. Our goal at GotGames is to provide gamers with a place to find fun, accessible and competitive battles. In order to accomplish this goal, we will not tolerate players or teams with an unsportsmanlike demeanor attempting to destroy the friendly atmosphere we are trying to create. Violators of this rule will be dealt with accordingly. Intentional abuse of a rule against another player to secure a win will warrant action from GG staff.
  4. Wins cannot be awarded to players where there is a 5 level difference above or below the level of your position.
  5. GotGames prohibits a member from creating or managing more than one active account on a ladder.
  6. Rules are subject to change at any time, so please check them often.

The Challenge System
  1. For a match to be official, the challenge must be accepted in the match scheduler.
  2. If there is no response to a challenge (accept or decline), we ask that the challenging player submit a PM to a GotGames staff member notifying us of a possibly inactive player on the ladder. We will then attempt to contact the inactive player to see what the problem is. If a player is inactive for a period of 30 days or more it will be removed from the ladder unless GotGames staff are notified as to a reason why they should be retained.
  3. Should a player need to cancel a match already accepted in the match scheduler, they must do so at least 24 hours before the scheduled start time of the accepted match by submitting a PM to GotGames staff member. The accepted challenge can also be removed at any time if both teams agree, and both teams must submit a PM to GotGames staff member requesting the challenge be removed.
  4. A playercan’t play the same opponent more than once in a 12 hour period.

Game Rules and Settings
  1. Game: Super Smash Bros. Brawl (WI-FI Connection)
  2. Mode: 1 v 1
  3. Items: Switched OFF
  4. Stock: 3
  5. Time Limit: 7 minutes
  6. Matches are to be played randomly in a best of 3 set on the following stages (There are no stage cancels or stage bans):
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Pokemon Stadium (Melee)
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Smashville
  • Castle Siege
  • Bridge of Eldin (D)
  • Corneria (D)
  • Delfino Plaza (D)
  • Battleship Halberd
Results are to recorded on the GotGames Ladder as soon as the matches are completed.

Online disputes
Disputes of unfair play that a player believes should be raised, can contact their state referee for investigation. Video evidence is by far the best way to make a case of unfair play and will be assessed by the state referees accordingly. Should the matter be one of serious controversy, the representatives from each of the 5 divisions can vote for an ultimate decision. Any decision that occurs through the state referees may be discretional and the rulings will be final.

Guide to State Referees

CAOTIC | Vyse | Kulla | Fork | Shaya | Jamage | Cal | Mic_128​

New South Wales Division – Kulla/Fork/Shaya (Sydney)
Victoria Division – CAOTIC (Melbourne)
Queensland Division – Vyse (Gold Coast)
South Australia Division – Jamage (Adelaide)
Western Australia Division – Cal/Mic_128 (Perth)

Other rules

1. Stalling - Stalling is not allowed. Stalling a match includes any method the player might use to prolong a match by placing their character in a position wherein an opponent cannot reach them. Peach's Across B for example, can be used to stall underneath stages like Battlefield. Running away would not be considered stalling however, as your ability to evade the opponent is only as good as the opponent's method of catching you.
  2. Dedede Rule - Dedede may not play on stages that have a 'D' next to them. If a Dedede player is faced with a (D) stage, then the game can be restarted on random.
  3. Metaknight’s Infinite Dimensional Cape - A technique that renders a character invisible and invincible indefinitely is banned. If a player is reported to be abusing this, they will be disqualified from their round and penalised. It is the responsibility of the player to record their matches in any way possible to prove abuse.
  4. Ice Climbers Chain Throw - Is legal, however, extending a chain-throw past 300% will be considered stalling.
  5. Lag Concerns - The competitive Smash Community raises valid concerns about the integrity and reliability of hosting competitive matches online. The relatively poor provision online services by Nintendo, the lack of dedicated servers and the naturally precise gameplay, all combine to offer a second-rate competitive experience, especially when compared to how the game is played competitive offline, similar to a LAN. Whilst those with good connections will see little, if any interruption during play, many will be faced with situations where the connection quality will be considered unsatisfactory. Thus, players will be given the option to face their opponents live, where possible, during season rounds. This is allowable, even though participants are expected to use the online FC functionality where and whenever possible, in fairness to all entrants that have limited mobility.
  6. Mobility Rule - If both players agree to meeting in person to play their matches then it is possible to avoid use of Nintendo's Wi-fi connection. Otheriwse, all other matches must be done using wi-fi.
  7. Loyalty System - With the addition of state qualifiers, players who have committed to GotGames’ season ladder will have a great advantage over the players who have opted not to dedicate themselves to the online ladder. The State Qualifiers will be open to any participant, but the loyalty system implemented will favour those who have accrued the most points throughout the season, giving them the greatest chance of victory in their state. In turn this would qualify them for a free/heavily-subsidized trip to Victoria for the national finals. These measures ensure that GotGames will be a well-supported online and offline resource for competitive smashers throughout the season.
Progression to State Qualifiers in Sydney, Melbourne, Gold Coast, Adelaide and Perth
Any player that is registered or unregistered on GotGames is welcome to participate in the state qualifiers, which is a large and localised LAN tournament, run through a traditional set of rules. The added benefit of players that have used the GotGames ladder is that they will be gaining immunities depending on their final placement when the ladder closes on December 20.

State Qualifier Immunities
  • Top 4 players - Will receive a free entry into the State Qualifier finals bracket, with the ability to stage strike and stage ban once per set.
  • The top 8 players will have the ability to stage strike and stage ban once per set.
The highest placed individuals in every state will win a sponsored flight to participate in a large scaled Invitational held in Melbourne.

More information will be released at a later date.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Hey CAO i know i made this post before but i can please get some confirmation on whether or not we can play rounds in advance if we work away like myself or will not be home for a round date.. So say i will be home in the time for round 1 but not for round 2 will i be able to organise to challenge 2 people who are within my challenge range and complete those 2 rounds and hand in the results before hand..?

Sorry if this doesnt make much sense im pretty useless at explaining **** but yeah id be gutted if i am forced to miss a round purely because of my work and inability to gain access to an internet connnection cause we all know wireless broadband sucks the big one..

BLAH..!
The best thing you can do is play as many matches as you can within the time you have available. There are no Round dates, as ladder design has changed considerably. Read the above post and familiarize yourself with the ladder software. It allows you to essentially challenge whoever you want, whenever you want. If someone challenges you and you are unavailable, don't stress too much.

The Challenge System rewards activity more than anything.

Forfeits will become common throughout the season, but this can be made up by entering a challenge frenzy when you return back to civilization. Challenge, at your own risk ;)

The ladders are good to go now, you guys are all WELCOME TO START CHALLENGING EACH OTHER!

(The above post will be published to GG's main new page tomorrow)

Zant3tsuken

Smash Journeyman
Just to complicate my problems, my wii is now dying when I try to play Brawl and it errors when I try to play Mario Kart. It's fine with everything else though, so I'm guessing it's the problem with the dirty heads with dual layer discs. Anyone know a fix for it? I really don't wanna send it away to Nintendo to get it back with brand spanking new freeloader nerfed firmware. :s

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I marked our match as a win to experiment, then I just reset my account by leaving it rejoining again - you should do the same thing to clear all results :)

Bjay

Smash Lord
How do some people have Wins and Losses already...

When I was asked to select 3 times for my matches, the earliest I could choose was Tuesday.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
uh, obviously they've played matches and/or made challenges

When I was asked to select 3 times for my matches, the earliest I could choose was Tuesday.
are you ********??

if you could make the date tomorrow, they wouldn't have time to even know that they've been challenged and they'd auto forfiet because they didn't even know

you're a ******* bjay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom