• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GotGames Nationwide Brawl Circuit- Online Ladder closed - State Qualifers begin soon

Status
Not open for further replies.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Hey guys, the ladders are up in BETA form, please sign up into your relevant state! When I've checked through to see that everything is OK and that I can set matches etc, I'll start the articles, promotions and officially launch the circuit!

http://www.gotgames.com.au/gg/ladders/4

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Wheeee! <3
*Goes to join*

EDIT:
Yay, NZ!

EDIT:
I've gone ahead and created a thread within the QLD Brawl ladder forum for potential newbies to post in. Lets see what it reels in.

Gords

Smash Champion
alright locked and loaded into the NSW ladder.
Love how it still says rules pending...

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
My rules are a biatch that's why!!

Once my rules are worked into their system it should all be go go go :)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Spamming every site imaginable?

Also I wrote an article for GG - I'll paste it here first so I can run it with you guys. If something's wrong let me know thx ~

New to competitive Brawl?
If you’re a gamer with a thirst for the highest-level smash competition in the nation, you’re in for some great news. The newly released Super Smash Bros. Brawl has become a hit in all the major capital cities, with large tournaments and smashfests abuzz. GotGames will become an integral part of delivering what will be a Nationwide Brawl Circuit, with state based ladders, qualifiers and eventually, the Major Finals, which promises to showcase the very best Australian talent. To get a leg into the 'secret' communities of Smash Brawl, here's a brief rundown on the best places to Smash in Australia and the best names to get in contact with.

Sydney
New South Wales was considered a sleeper state throughout much of the Melee era. Often the butt of jokes from neighbouring states, the release of Brawl blew NSW's reputation out of the water with stellar performances from resident Metaknight player - Kulla, taking the major crown in Melbourne's Rambo Tournament earlier this year. Sydney is well supported by a dedicated trio of organised directors. Shaya has been responsible for the launch of a new series of tournaments held in the Eastern Suburbs called BOOST and Forky is gearing up to host bi-weeklies at his private residence in hope of activating the largest potential scene in Australia. Kulla looks set to produce tournaments exclusively for Melee. If you're from Sydney, the future is bright. Very bright. There is also growing interest for competitive Brawl scenes in Canberra, Wollongong and the Hunter Valley.

Melbourne
Melbourne has been seen as the high-profile 'go-getter' scene since the very beginning. It's stake in the Australian Smash Scene is largely attributed to the way it goes about attracting national and global attention - be it renowed guests such as USA's SephirothKen or Japan's Captain Jack, the consistently large national tournaments, or the inertia of building upon a community established seven years ago, Victorians have shown the audacity to punch well above its waist. Melbourne's Monthly Ranbats are a great and friendly of accesing this suprisingly large and diverse community of Smashers - it is held on the third Sunday of every month at the John Curtin Hotel in Lygon Street, directed by CAOTIC and Cronos_Rainbow.

Brisbane - Gold Coast
As much as many Australians would hate to admit it, the Queensland Smash Community arguably has the strongest collection of Smashers in Australia. Alongside their reputation for being talented, they also are known to be lazy, disorganised and obnoxious. Granted, this image is unwarranted, with Gold Coast Smasher, Vyse, pulling the group back together with his newest tournament dubbed 'Queensland Brawl Buddies.' It promises to be Queensland's largest grassroots tournament and the hard work is paying off by renewing competitive interest in the state. Brisbane and the Gold Coast have traditionally gone through a long inter-city rivallry - as to which city is better, you're better off asking for an unbiased opinion.

Adelaide
Much about Adelaide's Smash Scene is summed up by the very nature of the city itself. It's quiet, out of the loop, but supremely underrated in every facet. The Reloaded 08' LAN provided some of the most spectative and marvellously exhuasting series of tournaments Smashers never knew about. And the talent pool? Second to none. Emerging talents of Brawl come in the name of Hybrid (not to be confused with the GotGames Administrator with the same moniker), 2SXC, Oli and Suhayb. Jamage is responsible for administering Adelaide's regular Streetgeek Brawl Tournaments in Daw Park. Expect the scene to be small, well-connected with each other, but cut-off from any musings with the eastern states.

Perth
The West Australian scene has always been about quality over quantity. Whilst other states can churn out scrubs like no tomorrow, WA players are busy exercising their natural talent and expertise - some even expanding the metagames of their characters of choice. Famous for having the world's most impressive Yoshi (BringerofDeath) and a creative Peach player (Quetzalcoatl), WA has much to boast about, if they wanted to. The release of Brawl has given Perth the greatest lease of life it has ever seen and tournament activity has now become a regularity. Cal hosts a series of tournaments called 'PK Brawl' regualrly in Port Kennedy. Word has it a Toon Link player by the name of Sam, is currently the king of the west.

Sound interesting? Get into Brawl and stay tuned for the finer details for the national circuit.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Signed up, signed up! Let's do this thing!

EDIT: Cao, looks good as far as I'm concerned.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Looking good.
I just wish the 'Greater NSW' thing could be mentioned. While ACT, Wollongong, Newcastle and the Hunter Valley seem to be sprouting interest nothing is guaranteed there. However, I think it could be mentioned that "Outside Sydney" big towns have growing sparks and many keen brawl players, that people should get into now to further expand and grow the community as a whole.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
OK I'll work that into the Sydney section somehow. Noob South Fails ftw, oh wait that doesnt sound right... <3

Kust0m

Smash Cadet
Let's say I don't have Wi-Fi or internet for that matter.. Yet my friend Booker does, would it be possible for me to compete using his wii etc?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Yeah, just sign up using your own Account on GotGames, but when the rounds get posted up, just put in Booker's FC as your wifi contact. This will be obvious later

Sirias

Smash Champion
Hot.
I just joygasmed. <3
Well not really, 'cause I still don't have Brawl.
Or a Wii for that matter.
Hawhawhawhaw!!!
Fail.
</3

Bjay

Smash Lord
I have signed up.

Dave stick with your orange font as it's much better, and the green is slightly too dark =(

Gords

Smash Champion
It looks like I better start working at my Toon link, what's this about toon link in the west?
Is there any videos of Sams Took Link in action?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Check the Perth Thread, they have some.

Thanks for signing up early guys :)

Everyone who has joined now (during the BETA period) has the opportunity to **** around and test the new ladder program! I'll have to change the rules considerably to accomodate the ladder program to meet our needs, but many rules will be fundamentally changed. I can elaborate and work on the new rules tonight, but I'll quickly run down some featuers of the new system (which I must say is far more impressive and flexible than my V2. proposal):

- It is a challenge based system.
- Players can choose to challenge anyone up to 5 positions above them.
- There is a 'Challenger' and a 'Defender' in every match.
- Should the Challenger win, they take the position of the Defender.
- Should the Defender win, they gain immunity for a period of time where they cannot receive any challenges (Immunity is set to 2 days by default, I will try and get this changed to 1 week - for reason, see below)
- Should the Challenger lose, they drop a number of positions that is proportional to the number of positions they challenged above them.
- Players can freely decide who they want to play and when they want to play, within the special weeks that I will designate for play (every fortnightly)
- When our BETA testing is done and I am familiar with the workings of the system (along with you testers), the season will be launched, and has a finishing date of 20 December, 2008.
- Final positions will be used for seeding the State Qualifiers, and those who have placed high will be entitiled to all the securities they are used to in competitive play.
- State Qualifier Season will run between January 2009 and February 2009, with the Major Finals set for March or April 2009 in a selected Capital City.
- This season (Season 1) will run for 4 months. The next season will commence after the Major Finals are finished, with the opportunity for new players to test themselves once again. The Major Finals for Season 2 will likely to be shifted to a new host city (obviously Sydney or Brisbane-Gold Coast - we might poll this for lols)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Technically speaking, signups haven't started yet. I'm merely inviting Smashers to have a fiddle with the ladder program so that we can understand how it'll fit with the new rules I'm developing - this is a testing period and I'd encourage everyone to join now, because they will have to sooner or later anyway.

When I make the announcement that it's launched and a plethora of new people join the state ladders, then it's all systems go :)

When states start hitting the 20-man mark (100-man nationwide), then I will proceed.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I haven't elaborated on that yet :)

Basically when a round is announced and the ladders become active for players to assign themselves matches, I will be announcing stages people can play on - and they cannot choose anything else (streamlining the process to reduce disputes especailly via wifi). So I will pick 1 stage from A, 1 stage from B, and 1 stage from C/Counterpick. I'll be switching the stages up every fortnight.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
When you click on the ladder for your state, click on 'Rankings' this will give you a list of everyone on the ladder. From there you can proceed to challenge other players.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Yup, and you can set 3 dates you can challenge them on, I think the Defender would have to accept one of your suggested times. The dates column gives you a window a week to set a date/time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom